Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

biker jk

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby biker jk » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:55 am

Well as mentioned I ordered from Wiggle last week and they told me it was being sent Startrack Internationa/Australia Post (after dropping their brief experiment with Trak Pack). Ordered last Thursday, despatched Friday and received Wednesday morning, so the usual fast delivery service has resumed. My happiness at receiving the package yesterday morning soon turned to despair as I discovered that the wrong model of the product I ordered was sent. :( It must have been the work experience lad working in order filling since the model version was on the product box. Oh well. :roll:

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:05 am

biker jk wrote:Well as mentioned I ordered from Wiggle last week and they told me it was being sent Startrack Internationa/Australia Post (after dropping their brief experiment with Trak Pack). Ordered last Thursday, despatched Friday and received Wednesday morning, so the usual fast delivery service has resumed. My happiness at receiving the package yesterday morning soon turned to despair as I discovered that the wrong model of the product I ordered was sent. :( It must have been the work experience lad working in order filling since the model version was on the product box. Oh well. :roll:
I am curious as to what was on the outside of the package. My last few packages from wiggle have arrived with Australia as the point of origin, on a "Postage Paid Australia" satchel with no customs declaration on them, despite online tracking showing it was sent from the UK.
They were also Startrak packages.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:25 am

My wiggle box that arrived yesterday have Startrak sticker and if I remember it right, it is from Victoria.

Ordered some tyres and jerseys from Cellbikes yesterday morning. Parcel delivered this morning- very good service from Cellbikes and CouriersPlease. Now, back to more riding in the glasses filled M2 breakdown lane :D

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:34 am

queequeg wrote:
biker jk wrote:Well as mentioned I ordered from Wiggle last week and they told me it was being sent Startrack Internationa/Australia Post (after dropping their brief experiment with Trak Pack). Ordered last Thursday, despatched Friday and received Wednesday morning, so the usual fast delivery service has resumed. My happiness at receiving the package yesterday morning soon turned to despair as I discovered that the wrong model of the product I ordered was sent. :( It must have been the work experience lad working in order filling since the model version was on the product box. Oh well. :roll:
I am curious as to what was on the outside of the package. My last few packages from wiggle have arrived with Australia as the point of origin, on a "Postage Paid Australia" satchel with no customs declaration on them, despite online tracking showing it was sent from the UK.
Yes it was a Wiggle box with "Postage Paid Australia" and no customs declaration. Origin was Startrack Australia, Melbourne.

queequeg

Postby queequeg » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:47 am

biker jk wrote:
queequeg wrote:
Yes it was a Wiggle box with "Postage Paid Australia" and no customs declaration. Origin was Startrack Australia, Melbourne.
I am wondering if Wiggle is sending a whole container to Australia and then dispatching locally. The lack of a customs declaration is interesting though.
'11 Lynskey Cooper CX, '00 Hillbrick Steel Racing (Total Rebuild '10), '16 Cervelo R5, '18 Mason BokekTi

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:30 pm

I am still waiting for a wiggle parcel that was despatched 2nd Apr...the tracking is useless gives you no information at all apart from when it left.
My parcel last month was quicker and had great tracking...and that was delivered to West Qld compared to current parcel which is coming to Brisbane CBD...hopefully turns up soon as I wont be back in the office for a few weeks.
I had some Jerseys custom made recently and these were despatched from Hong Kong with all orders from Australia as a bulk delivery to Sydney which speeds up customs and then distributed from Sydney...Keeps transport costs down and speeds up the process...
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:37 pm

I spoke to soon..parcel just turned up...now to work out how to get it home without the wife noticing...lucky its only a helmet
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:42 pm

ningnangnong wrote:Anyone ever dealt with Mountain Bikes Direct?

Looking at buying a Jetblack Fluid Trainer from them. Best price I can find.
Ordered Monday night, shipped Tuesday arvo, arrived today! Sensational service.

Big thanks to Aushiker for helping me out with a discount code too! :)

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:49 pm

ningnangnong wrote:
ningnangnong wrote:Anyone ever dealt with Mountain Bikes Direct?

Looking at buying a Jetblack Fluid Trainer from them. Best price I can find.
Ordered Monday night, shipped Tuesday arvo, arrived today! Sensational service.

Big thanks to Aushiker for helping me out with a discount code too! :)
yeh! Gold coast based not bad either but mainly MTB stuff, they have good specials every now and again and Im Brisbane so it close for transport.

Stuey

Postby Stuey » Thu Apr 10, 2014 9:34 pm

Stuey wrote:Are you sure? I haven't had bike stuff sent from the UK via normal mail, but other stuff (admittedly smaller packages; electronics)has been about a week. If you reckon so, all good then.
Arrived today. :)

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:08 am

Placed an order for parts from Wiggle yesterday afternoon, woke up to a shipping email from them with free shipping option. The Carrier says Australia Post which I'm not too sure is what we previously had? I can't remember prior to the TrakPak crap whether it said AusPost or DHL as the carrier?

Anyway, they've got the delivery time of next Wed/Thursday which I hope is true before the Easter long weekend!

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:03 pm

Placed an order this morning with Merlin for a couple of sets of tyres and its being shipped with Royal Mail. Eagerly awaiting the results although Easter might throw a spanner in the works. Never looked them up for tyres, have some good prices on buying a pair, Tricomps and Pro4's both less than $60 a pair.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:43 pm

I have to give huge kudos to the Ayup people! I ordered yesterday morning from their website a light kit, and guess what, it arrived this morning in record time! :D

Just amazing. :)

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:09 pm

Does T7 actually process orders during the weekend? Ordered Saturday, and got a email saying its shipped today (Sunday). Don't they have penalty rates in NZ?

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:01 am

I don't know if it has been mentioned but Aliepress has some great deals. Beware of some of the fake sellers or fake products. You can withhold payment to the seller through aliexpress if you have any problems and ask for a refund. Have done it a few times,you have to follow instructions carefully. Most of the good sellers have high ratings so if you go with them you know that your pretty well right and look at product reviews also.

alexander

Postby alexander » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:26 am

another successful order from T7, god I looked back at all my invoices, and my jaw did drop when I added them up. I'm so surprised that T7 doesn't have a customer loyalty programme, I'd be platinum for sure. :mrgreen:
If you've got a $10 head, get a $10 helmet

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:09 am

If T7 had express shipping I'd prefer them over Cell and Pushys. We'd probably be able to get delivery within two days to the east coast if they used DHL rather than sending it all over in one hit and allowing AusPost to deliver!

boss

Postby boss » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Does T7 stuff get caught up in customs though?

alexander

Postby alexander » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:59 pm

boss wrote:Does T7 stuff get caught up in customs though?
It doesn't. But I'm intrigued, why do you ask?
If you've got a $10 head, get a $10 helmet

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:55 am

So thinking that Wiggle's shipping was back to business I placed an order last Thursday. It was dispatched Thursday night and haven't seen the package even though their free shipping says it should be delivered between yesterday and today!

I don't know who's the hold up now, but I'm guessing it's Auspost?

Whadda you know, the second I hit enter I got the package! What kind of voodoo magic is going on here!

WarbyD

Postby WarbyD » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:30 pm

Auspost driver sitting in your driveway.. hitting refresh on this thread.

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:27 pm

Dragster1 wrote:I don't know if it has been mentioned but Aliepress has some great deals. Beware of some of the fake sellers or fake products. You can withhold payment to the seller through aliexpress if you have any problems and ask for a refund. Have done it a few times,you have to follow instructions carefully. Most of the good sellers have high ratings so if you go with them you know that your pretty well right and look at product reviews also.

That site looks really, really suspect.
I wouldn't go near it.

boss

Postby boss » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:42 pm

biker jk wrote:Well thankfully Wiggle have reverted to their previous delivery service to Australia. This is great news from Wiggle. They clearly have listened to customers' complaints. Here is the reply to my email.

Thank you for taking time to email us here at wiggle.

I am sorry to hear that your previous wiggle deliveries have taken slightly longer since our recent change in carriers from DHL to P2P TRAK PACK.

As a loyal wiggle customer your feedback is greatly appreciated to ensure that we can improve the service that we offer to our customers.

As I understand, we have recently reverted back to our previous delivery methods for delivery to Australia.

This means that courier delivery to Australia will be delivered via DHL and standard deliveries, AusPost.
Email was a lie. Paid for tracked priority shipping (+$8) last Monday (14/4). Sent via p2p or trak pak or whatever.

Been in BE since Tuesday. Kinda peeved to hear they moved to a slower courier, as I only used wiggle since I've always found their delivery is pretty quick.

boss

Postby boss » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:17 am

boss wrote:
biker jk wrote:Well thankfully Wiggle have reverted to their previous delivery service to Australia. This is great news from Wiggle. They clearly have listened to customers' complaints. Here is the reply to my email.

Thank you for taking time to email us here at wiggle.

I am sorry to hear that your previous wiggle deliveries have taken slightly longer since our recent change in carriers from DHL to P2P TRAK PACK.

As a loyal wiggle customer your feedback is greatly appreciated to ensure that we can improve the service that we offer to our customers.

As I understand, we have recently reverted back to our previous delivery methods for delivery to Australia.

This means that courier delivery to Australia will be delivered via DHL and standard deliveries, AusPost.
Email was a lie. Paid for tracked priority shipping (+$8) last Monday (14/4). Sent via p2p or trak pak or whatever.

Been in BE since Tuesday. Kinda peeved to hear they moved to a slower courier, as I only used wiggle since I've always found their delivery is pretty quick.
Well my peev-ed-ness was unfounded. Parcel with the bars arrived just then. So 8 days from order including the 4 day weekend we just had.

The box was a little bit more 'loved' than usual though - nothing crazy but one side of it was dented in. I wouldn't have even taken issue with it if I didn't know a new courier was handling delivery.

So my relationship with Wiggle will live to another day. I'll keep using them until they give me a reason not to...

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:57 pm

danny the boy wrote:Placed an order this morning with Merlin for a couple of sets of tyres and its being shipped with Royal Mail. Eagerly awaiting the results although Easter might throw a spanner in the works. Never looked them up for tyres, have some good prices on buying a pair, Tricomps and Pro4's both less than $60 a pair.
This arrived on the 17th, so less than a week via Royal mail and AusPost. I just need to remember to check the mail box more often. :D