Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

wombatK

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby wombatK » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:26 pm

Nothing wrong with wiggle's ordinary (free) delivery. Placed an order 5 pm on Monday 14th, it was dispatched 4 hours later, and
delivered in good shape this afternoon, 23rd April. That's less than 5 working days, and really very acceptable.
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

li2099

Postby li2099 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:55 am

Bought a bike stand from Cell Bikes during the Easter free shipping period (Sat).
Order dispatched Tue morning.
Arrived Tue afternoon.
Sydney metro.

TonyMax

Postby TonyMax » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:43 pm

Chain Reaction ordered last Wednesday, arrived yesterday, small parcel free shipping option.

Pretty darn good when you consider Easter was in there.

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:16 pm

I've just made my first purchases from the UK, one from ChainReaction Cycles. Free delivery option.
I ordered a pair of shoes and pedals on the 23 April and they arrived today the 28th of April. I actually had the delivery address at my sons place as I didn't expect the parcel so quickly and I will be away for a couple of weeks.
Now I can put them straight on and get to my first clipstak before I go on holiday.....Maybe I better wait...... :)

Thanks to the members also for the advice on pedals etc on another "Pedals" thread and I accessed Chain reaction Cycles through the forum contact.

I went a size bigger as suggested, they are Shimano brand and also went for the "wide" fitting. Perfect fitting, model M088 as they come in wide, many types seem not too.
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:28 pm

jaseyjase wrote:
jaseyjase wrote:
jaseyjase wrote:Evans Cycles - Ordered about $160 worth of bits, jersey and parts

17/3 - ordered
18/3 - dispatched
1/4 - arrived, but sent the wrong jersey. fail
After a few quick emails, im getting an upgraded jersey free of charge.

I think thats a great outcome, bug thumbs up to EvansCycles
After some delays the upgraded jersey was finally sent

11/4 - distpatched jersey

3 weeks later im still waiting :(

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:04 pm

Rapha: Order placed on 10th April, delivered to me in Brisbane on Monday 14th. Free delivery.

Evans Cycles: Ordered 14th April, shipped on the 16th ( I knew of the delay prior) delivered 22nd. DA9000 hubs.

c r c: Ordered 19th April, shipped on the 20th, arrived today. I paid $20 for tracked freight as I had ordered a groupset and didnt want it to go missing. What really surprised me was, the groupset is retail packed, I was expecting an OEM packed set to arrive for the price I paid.

Cheers
Dave.
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista

BriP

Postby BriP » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:17 pm

cellbikes awhile ago- was after a pearl izumi quest short but they had ran out or mediums.. i placed the order with a small (im on yhe borderline between the 2 according to size charts) and wrote in the notes that if they had a medium to ship that instead... lo and behold- Medium. excellent service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baldy1975

Postby baldy1975 » Mon May 05, 2014 8:56 pm

8 days so far for my wiggle winter order still saying waiting for dispatch same as last Monday. Hoping its here b4 Friday temperature has dropped to 2/3 deg in the mornings.

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Mon May 05, 2014 9:00 pm

Doesn't sound good. That's a massive delay. Fire off an email ASAP

gromek

Postby gromek » Mon May 05, 2014 11:31 pm

Tim wrote:
Dragster1 wrote:I don't know if it has been mentioned but Aliepress has some great deals. Beware of some of the fake sellers or fake products. You can withhold payment to the seller through aliexpress if you have any problems and ask for a refund. Have done it a few times,you have to follow instructions carefully. Most of the good sellers have high ratings so if you go with them you know that your pretty well right and look at product reviews also.

That site looks really, really suspect.
I wouldn't go near it.
I got some custom made kits from there, $130 for two bibs/tops with DHL shipping which came in 3 days. (About a week or so I think to make them)
Pockets fell apart on one of the tops after a few rides but for that money I don't even care that much lol

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue May 06, 2014 3:26 pm

jaseyjase wrote:
After some delays the upgraded jersey was finally sent

11/4 - distpatched jersey

3 weeks later im still waiting :(
5/5 - jersey finally arrived :|

jimsheedy

Postby jimsheedy » Tue May 06, 2014 3:57 pm

Evans Cycles

Got a set of schwable ultremo's. a couple of km's into the first ride on them i notice the front wheel feel's like it's out of true, way out. I cut the ride short and when I get home give the wheel a good look over, then I notice the tyre looks strange. The bloody thing has got a bulge about 2 inches long . I pull the tyre off check it and put it back on, bulge ist still there. Pull the tyre off again and after close inspection notice the inside casing where the bulge is looks different to the rest of the tyre, Obviously a manufacturing fault. I contacted evans and sent them some photos as requested.

Their reply was they could see nothing wrong with the tyre and the problem was it was incorrectly installed and I should take it to a bike mechanic to get done. This of course caused the sort of response from me one would expect. I only ever wanted a replacement not a refund but they absolutely refused basically accusing me of being incompetent or a liar or both.

I contacted schwable direct and explained the situation. They replied to my email within a few hours and said they couldn't tell by the pictures what was wrong with the tyre but in the interest of customer relations if I gave them my postal address would send a new tyre to me at no cost. Tyre arrived in about 4 days.

Big tick for schwable> I will never darken the website of Evans cycles again and make sure I tell everyone I know the same.

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Tue May 06, 2014 4:41 pm

jimsheedy wrote:Evans Cycles

Got a set of schwable ultremo's. a couple of km's into the first ride on them i notice the front wheel feel's like it's out of true, way out. I cut the ride short and when I get home give the wheel a good look over, then I notice the tyre looks strange. The bloody thing has got a bulge about 2 inches long . I pull the tyre off check it and put it back on, bulge ist still there. Pull the tyre off again and after close inspection notice the inside casing where the bulge is looks different to the rest of the tyre, Obviously a manufacturing fault. I contacted evans and sent them some photos as requested.

Their reply was they could see nothing wrong with the tyre and the problem was it was incorrectly installed and I should take it to a bike mechanic to get done. This of course caused the sort of response from me one would expect. I only ever wanted a replacement not a refund but they absolutely refused basically accusing me of being incompetent or a liar or both.

I contacted schwable direct and explained the situation. They replied to my email within a few hours and said they couldn't tell by the pictures what was wrong with the tyre but in the interest of customer relations if I gave them my postal address would send a new tyre to me at no cost. Tyre arrived in about 4 days.

Big tick for schwable> I will never darken the website of Evans cycles again and make sure I tell everyone I know the same.
I had the same thing on my commuter, I bought some schwable spicers from day one they had bulges and out of round. I then bought some Continental Sport Contacts and they had flaws in the tread pattern cant win.

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Tue May 06, 2014 5:32 pm

jimsheedy wrote:Evans Cycles

Interesting. I have had great service from Evans when something went wrong and nothing but trouble with Schwable tyres, in fact they on my list of "do not buy again" products !

Cheers
Dave/
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Tue May 06, 2014 5:35 pm

Bike Bug...impressive again. Order placed yesterday (AT) 1.35pm and the parts (Ritchey Classic seat post and stem) delivered into my hands this morning at 8.30am. Free shipping as order was over their threshold.

Also their pricing was slightly better than the UK sites.

Cheers
Dave.

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Tue May 06, 2014 7:55 pm

Dragster1 wrote: I then bought some Continental Sport Contacts and they had flaws in the tread pattern cant win.
Out of many GP4000s, I've had one dud tyre which split just alongside the bead after the first 30 km.
Sent wiggle a photo, they sent me a new tyre. That's the way it ought to work. Previously, I'd had to return a faulty Fulcrum Racing 5 wheelset, which had a very uneven weld on the join - cost over $100 to send it back to them. They duly sent back the replacement wheel, and credited me for the return postage; would have been cheaper and quicker if they'd just sent the new wheel - but I guess they were concerned about potentially fraudulent claims given the much higher cost of the wheelset.
WombatK

Somebody has to do something, and it's just incredibly pathetic that it has to be us -Jerry Garcia

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Tue May 06, 2014 8:33 pm

What are your thoughts on accepting these tyres, I have never ridden on them and its like the groove is worn out of the tyre. They offered to give my money back but the guy at pushys said that they would be ok but I think they are a straight out slick now which I didn't really want.

I thought I was buying German built tyres also and might add that the sales man said that also but when I checked made in India. I sent an email to Continental but no response so I assume they don't care about the quality of tyres they sell.

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Wed May 07, 2014 6:01 pm

I don't see what it has to do with Continental unless it is to confirm the tread pattern for the tyre you've purchased. However, I would have thought that you would have been able to do this yourself quicker by Googling the name of the tyre.
Last edited by Top_Bhoy on Wed May 07, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wombatK

Postby wombatK » Wed May 07, 2014 7:37 pm

Dragster1 wrote: I think they are a straight out slick now which I didn't really want
Don't know of an online pusheys, so where did you get them ? What did the online shop's photo look like ?
If they showed a different tread pattern, then an australian shop would be obliged to offer a refund or exchange.

But I don't know why you think slick is a problem. It's actually better than a treaded tyre on a road bike -
better grip and lower rolling resistance. You only need tread if you're going to be riding on dirt tracks and
similar surfaces where a tread might "bite in".

Chers
WombatK

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Top_Bhoy wrote:I don't see what it has to do with Continental unless it is to confirm the tread pattern for the tyre you've purchased. However, I would have thought that you would have been able to do this yourself quicker by Googling the name of the tyre.
Well they are the people that manufacture the tyre and it is their reputation on the line at the end of the day, The retailer could be selling seconds for all I know or Chinese rip offs and not stating it.

jimsheedy

Postby jimsheedy » Wed May 07, 2014 8:08 pm

why did you think you were buying tyres made in Germany?

alexander

Postby alexander » Wed May 07, 2014 8:15 pm

dragster, those look off. the tread knobs look short, and the tread grooves look shallow. A lot of these online shops sells cosmetic seconds, ie logos printed on tyres aren't aligned, but structurally are sound and no different. these aren't like that, structurally they look affected.
If you've got a $10 head, get a $10 helmet

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Wed May 07, 2014 8:16 pm

Perfect example to buy from your LBS I reckon

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:35 pm

wombatK wrote:
Dragster1 wrote: I think they are a straight out slick now which I didn't really want
Don't know of an online pusheys, so where did you get them ? What did the online shop's photo look like ?
If they showed a different tread pattern, then an australian shop would be obliged to offer a refund or exchange.

But I don't know why you think slick is a problem. It's actually better than a treaded tyre on a road bike -
better grip and lower rolling resistance. You only need tread if you're going to be riding on dirt tracks and
similar surfaces where a tread might "bite in".

Chers
Just curious on peoples thoughts, most of the road bike slick tyres I have owned have some form of pattern on the sides and in the wet they seem to slide a little till they hit the edge and grip at the last minute.
Was only thinking about when hitting some unexpected wet weather,I Have the same tyre in a roadbike form and they seem to be a bit better in the wet than a full out slick.

They said I could have my money back but I trusted the guy at the counter, he said the softer compound still grips quite well in the wet. I haven't fitted them yet still have some life left on the tyres that Im using

These below are the same tyre in a 700x28 and they are a little worn

Pushys online store,http://www.pushys.com.au/ they are not too bad to deal with been using them for years
Last edited by Dragster1 on Thu May 08, 2014 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:52 pm

jimsheedy wrote:why did you think you were buying tyres made in Germany?
Thats where my original set came from and most continental road bike tyres used to be made there and of high quality, They used to state it on their site but now I check and it says they contract to other countries but made them to the same standard. Even the guy at pushys thought this, the warehouse is up the road from me and spoke to him face to face.
:shock: It wasn't till I got home and checked because it reminded me of Chinese copies. I don't think the bloke meant to lie he is just unaware that they are not produced in Germany anymore.