Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

jasonc

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jasonc » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:43 am

merlin cycles - ordered 1/12. arrived 11/12.
free shipping

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:27 am

They did get back to me, ironically, after the item shipped - in fact, multiple people. I can speak enough German to be able to hold a conversation with no problem, and they speak perfect English.

So I've actually got two sets of Magura RT8 TT brakes now. :oops: A set I acquired locally from the quite awesome Eurocycles in Lane Cove (great customer service) and the lot from Bike24.de which are in transit.

I'm pretty certain I won't buy from Bike24 again either. It's the fact they didn't respond in a prompt manner, and the frankly bizarre customer section of their website that does not give you any way to track the status of your order.

That's the worst thing. I'm sure you could put up with the slowness for some things, but the lack of communication in my experience was the bit that caused me to get really uneasy. If I'd just purchased some cheap jersey or some other non-important part, I probably would have written it off and given up. But when you are spending well over $500, that's a large chunk of money and you want to know what is happening. Just a quick email to say there is a delay, apologies and we'll keep you in the loop is enough to keep the customer at ease. Little changes would make a big improvement.

Since I have a second set on the way, I'm going to put them up for sale as I don't need two sets of hydraulic TT bike brakes.

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:34 pm

Used Wiggle for the first time in ages (I went off them in protest :evil: ) and it was the first time I have had the "pleasure" of Couriers Please.

Absolutely flaming hopeless tracking system. Additionally so slow once it arrives into Australia.

I think I might just keep on giving Wiggle a miss from now on.
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:41 pm

I ordered from Wiggle and it took three days to deliver new wheels and heaps of other stuff. Very happy with them.

AndrewCowley

Postby AndrewCowley » Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:30 pm

Bikebug. Ordered Thursday evening. Delivered Saturday afternoon to Sydney. Free postage as well. Very happy.

TonyMax

Postby TonyMax » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:07 am

Wiggle ordered Monday turned up over the weekend. Pretty happy with that for the free shipping option.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:00 am

Ordered a bike rack from Pushys. They had it in stock and it was dispatched a few hours after ordering. Sent with Startrack (AusPost). I came home Wednesday to find a card in my letterbox from the courier saying they tried to deliver the rack. I was too late to arrange redelivery for Thursday so arranged for Friday. Came home Friday and card was still where I left it and no bike rack. So I went the PO on Saturday morning to ask why my rack hadn't been delivered. Blank looks and broken english replies suggesting I ring the number on the card to arrange redelivery. I explained (again) that I had already done that 2 days ago and it hadn't been delivered and that was the reason I was here now. It is a large item, 2m long so I needed it delivered as I only have a small car (plus that's what I paid for). I was getting nowhere fast with the PO staff and said I will try and fit it in my car, which I did but with half hanging out the rear hatch door. I wrote a bit of a rant to Pushys customer service email and to their credit I got a reply back and they said they will contact Startrack manager about it. Haven't heard any more back since then, didn't really expect to. So good customer service from Pushys, bad customer service from Startrack/AusPost.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:05 am

Ordered a part from Bikebug, got a card in the letterbox from Ipec the day after, rang to arrange redelivery and part turned up exactly as requested. Well done to Bikebug and Ipec (Startrack please take notice :twisted: ).

Rex

Postby Rex » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:51 am

Chain Reaction ordered last thursday, arrived yesterday with DHL express.
Happy with that!

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:54 am

bikebug ordered 10/12/2014
arrived 16/12/2014
hmmmm

SheikYerbouti

Postby SheikYerbouti » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:03 pm

Ribble... ordered 28 Nov... still waiting (Sydney) :(

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:06 pm

SheikYerbouti wrote:Ribble... ordered 28 Nov... still waiting (Sydney) :(
Exactly the same- lets hope we don't get swapped orders :|

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:44 pm

SheikYerbouti wrote: Ribble... ordered 28 Nov... still waiting (Sydney) :(
That's bad. :( You'll be lucky to have it arrived before the holidays. Even slower than my delivery, which I shall detail below (now that it has arrived)

My second set of Magura RT8TT brakes finally arrived from Germany (Bike24).

Unfortunately, the box contained no brake pads, it didn't have the brake shoes, nor the extra ferrules you need to use when you cut the hydraulic lines to fit the bike. Also included nothing to allow you to mount the brakes to the bike.

Lucky I didn't wait for these brakes only... Or I'd have had nothing that I could use on the P5 build. The local lot I sourced from Euro Cycles is the only way I knew exactly what should be included. Bad bad bad... To be honest, I really don't think I'll argue about it - I just don't feel like dealing with Bike24 again. :(

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:06 pm

g-boaf wrote:
That's bad. :( You'll be lucky to have it arrived before the holidays. Even slower than my delivery, which I shall detail below (now that it has arrived)

Unfortunately, the box contained no brake pads, it didn't have the brake shoes, nor the extra ferrules you need to use when you cut the hydraulic lines to fit the bike. Also included nothing to allow you to mount the brakes to the bike.

Lucky I didn't wait for these brakes only... Or I'd have had nothing that I could use on the P5 build. The local lot I sourced from Euro Cycles is the only way I knew exactly what should be included. Bad bad bad... To be honest, I really don't think I'll argue about it - I just don't feel like dealing with Bike24 again. :(
If you look at the Fact Sheet for the Magura RT8TT brakes in the Bike 24 website it says "without brake pads". Still, they should state if the other parts you mention weren't included.

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:15 pm

I used Australia Post's new freight forwarding service to buy from the USA recently. Gave them a bit of a review here:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=79914#p1206996

SheikYerbouti

Postby SheikYerbouti » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:15 pm

SheikYerbouti wrote:Ribble... ordered 28 Nov... still waiting (Sydney) :(
Just got email from AusPost that a parcel has been delivered to my locker, I think it's the Ribble package :)

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:32 pm

biker jk wrote:
g-boaf wrote:

If you look at the Fact Sheet for the Magura RT8TT brakes in the Bike 24 website it says "without brake pads". Still, they should state if the other parts you mention weren't included.
The set I got locally in the exact same package was complete with Swisstop Blue pads already fitted to the brake shoes (from the factory) and everything you needed with the exception of the bleed kit that is obviously an extra item.

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:01 am

Ordered a new bb and brake cable set through Bikebug at 2pm yesteday, free postage and was despatched and with the courier service 3 hours later. :shock:

Bought a new frame from an interstate bike shop on Tuesday and its still hasnt been posted. :( :?

TonyMax

Postby TonyMax » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:21 pm

99 Bikes. Ordered 10.30am yesterday arrived 8.30am this morning.

Amazing.

clydesmcdale

Postby clydesmcdale » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:37 am

Not sure where to put this... but have had good experiences buying stuff from AVT.Bike. Even with shipping and exchange i've been able to get good pricing.

They've just sent an email this morning announcing free worldwide shipping today only.
ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING IN STOCK
FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE
December 18, 2014 - One Day Only!
GUARANTEED DELIVERY BY DECEMBER 24 (TO U.S. DESTINATIONS)
http://www.avt.bike/

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Well have done my first and last order with Bikebug.

Needed a helmet urgently do emailed to check if they could do a overnight on a Kask Vertigo. Happy to pay any extra but told to just put the order in and all will be ok. Put in the order and email the details and again assured that all will be fine.

Order was processed quickly but is still in Sydney with the courier service. Turns out toll is having problems.

If they told me there was a chance of it not making it I would have just spent extra a bought locally.
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:46 pm

There's always delays with freight prior to Xmas

jcjordan

Postby jcjordan » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:54 pm

I would not have minded if they had said that the chances were that it would not make it.

Add to that I have sent multiple items via express post at busy times of the year with no problems whatsoever so the 'it's busy' is just a cop out from toll
James
Veni, Vidi, Vespa -- I Came, I Saw, I Rode Home

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:02 pm

TBSM expect me to pay shipping costs both ways for a defective Moon X-Power 1000 charger. I have never paid for return postage on a warranty item, ever. Looks like one more Aussie shop crossed off the list.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Dec 20, 2014 5:39 pm

jcjordan wrote:I would not have minded if they had said that the chances were that it would not make it.

Add to that I have sent multiple items via express post at busy times of the year with no problems whatsoever so the 'it's busy' is just a cop out from toll
I don't think a helmet would fit in an Express Post bag, certainly not with it's box, maybe without. Not Bike Bug's fault Toll were having problems. Toll probably told BB that it would be delivered next day but perhaps a driver called in sick or a truck broke down or as fil_farina said they were just overwhelmed with freight.

On a related side note, I was talking to a guy from a LBS the other day and he said it normally takes a week to get his stock/orders in and he has been telling people they can't get anything before new year. Last few orders I've done to Wiggle have arrived in a week. No wonder people buy online from o/s. Cheaper, faster and bigger range. RIP LBS.