Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Carrots

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Carrots » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:27 pm

Bought a few things from Bike Bug lately - gold star service indeed. Delivery has been next business day. Last week ordered some Enve pads on Tuesday night and they were on my desk Thursday morning in Adelaide.

Wiggle seems to have slowed up. In the past I found a lot of they gear I was ordering would still be sent via DHL even on the free shipping option, and would arrive within 5 days. If it was dispatched from their holding depot in Melbourne (run by a 3rd party) it would also be within a few days.

Prior to a recent order, the one before I paid for the DHL option - ordered on a Friday and had it on Monday.

Ordered some tubs 2 weeks ago tomorrow so will be interesting to see if they arrive by tomorrow. And just ordered DA 9070 on Friday. I fear that'll still go normal post even though it's near on a $1000 order.

Pushys have been pretty good for me as of late also - handling has been usually next business day and about 3 days to Adelaide with Couriers Please.

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:24 pm

I agree.

Bike Bug have been very good with my recent orders. I've only just started to use them but for the few orders I've placed so far with them, their prices have been competitive and delivery faultless.

Their Melbourne shop isn't too far from me but it usually involves 1 hour + drives in heavy traffic (down Hoddle St) to get there and I wouldn't use them as frequently if I had to attend in person. It's easier and much more preferable for me to use their reliable (touch wood) free delivery option.

Jesmol

Postby Jesmol » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:08 am

Aren't Auspost just a major model of efficiency.....5 Days to get a parcel from UK to Melbourne, a further 6 days later it still hasn't turned up in Adelaide.

tomee

Postby tomee » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:57 pm

big shout out to Knog

i purchased a Blinder from ProBikeKit which had started to come apart around the casing in Jan.
i emailed Knog advising if they could help me as i didnt want to send it back to PBK as it would take too long. They emailed me back the next day saying they would send a replacement.

Received the new light today!

rusty842

Postby rusty842 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:04 pm

Bought some early morning clothes from wiggle.

Ordered Sunday the 15th.
We're at work when I arrived in the 23rd. 6 business days Total.

Cannot fault.

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:16 pm

Wiggle order,placed Feb 23,received March 2.
c r c order,placed March 17,received today.
Ribble order,placed Feb 22,received...???? No idea whether it's a Customs delay,Aus Post have lost it or an issue from Ribble's end,but so far nothing. Ribble customer service have failed to meet their two-day reply period re:my enquiry to them. Frustrating.
formerly the fat climber

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:30 am

Wiggle and Ribble both ordered last Thursday. Wiggle arrived yesterday (26/3) and Ribble today (27/3).

Interesting the tubs I ordered with Wiggle arrived a fortnight after ordering yet both appeared to ship via their Aus depot point. Ribble order is from the UK. Disappointed however with Ribble that the Di2 parts were pull from the packaging for shipping.

Rex

Postby Rex » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:06 am

Carrots wrote:Disappointed however with Ribble that the Di2 parts were pull from the packaging for shipping.
The Di2 parts were loose in the box?

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:09 pm

Muzza72 wrote:Wiggle order,placed Feb 23,received March 2.
c r c order,placed March 17,received today.
Ribble order,placed Feb 22,received...???? No idea whether it's a Customs delay,Aus Post have lost it or an issue from Ribble's end,but so far nothing. Ribble customer service have failed to meet their two-day reply period re:my enquiry to them. Frustrating.

Update:Ribble finally replied,happy with the customer service thereafter.
formerly the fat climber

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Rex wrote:
Carrots wrote:Disappointed however with Ribble that the Di2 parts were pull from the packaging for shipping.
The Di2 parts were loose in the box?
This may explain better... Wrapped in cardboard (kind of) and in a plastic post satchel.

Rex

Postby Rex » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:47 pm

Carrots wrote: This may explain better... Wrapped in cardboard (kind of) and in a plastic post satchel.
Yeah I wouldn't be overly impressed with that either.
I'll be grabbing di2 from them later and I'll have to request proper packaging!

ecg

Postby ecg » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:59 pm

Carrots wrote:Wiggle and Ribble both ordered last Thursday. Wiggle arrived yesterday (26/3) and Ribble today (27/3).

Interesting the tubs I ordered with Wiggle arrived a fortnight after ordering yet both appeared to ship via their Aus depot point. Ribble order is from the UK. Disappointed however with Ribble that the Di2 parts were pull from the packaging for shipping.
Yep, that is how ribble ship their shimano gear. It's all oem so you won't get any retail packaging. I personally don't have a problem with it and have bought heaps of shimano stuff from them. If you want retail packaging then you'd be better off looking elsewhere.

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:16 pm

ecg wrote:
Yep, that is how ribble ship their shimano gear. It's all oem so you won't get any retail packaging. I personally don't have a problem with it and have bought heaps of shimano stuff from them. If you want retail packaging then you'd be better off looking elsewhere.
Handy to know. From a purchasing perspective it doesn't phase me - it obviously assists with keeping their prices down which I am all for - but I don't think they make it clearly known (although really does it matter?) what concerns me more was the lack lustre packaging effort given it's not already in factory packaging.

Rex

Postby Rex » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:46 pm

Yes thats my concern. I don't need fancy packaging, but some bubble-wrap is not unreasonable to expect.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:51 pm

My Ultegra 6800 groupset from Ribble was packaged very well.

rusty842

Postby rusty842 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:23 pm

I hope my new exposure Strada light from wiggle is packaged well. Wiggle items are usually a little loose on the package. Ordered today so will see when it arrives.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:34 pm

rusty842 wrote:I hope my new exposure Strada light from wiggle is packaged well. Wiggle items are usually a little loose on the package. Ordered today so will see when it arrives.
I wouldn't worry because the light comes with a storage case which is lined with foam. I have the same light, albeit a much older version.

rusty842

Postby rusty842 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:45 pm

biker jk wrote:
rusty842 wrote:I hope my new exposure Strada light from wiggle is packaged well. Wiggle items are usually a little loose on the package. Ordered today so will see when it arrives.
I wouldn't worry because the light comes with a storage case which is lined with foam. I have the same light, albeit a much older version.
Good to know.

A colleague needed a light on his bike. That was all the motivation I needed to sell my cheap cat eye $40 to him to buy this light. I'm sure the $300 price difference doesn't matter.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:13 pm

What's the experience with delivery from Pushys? I ordered on Sunday and their web site says that if the item is in stock it ships the same day as the order, so that should have been Monday. It's now Wednesday and there's still no email informing of dispatch.

rusty842

Postby rusty842 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:18 pm

Placed order with Iherb. Submitted 9pm Wednesday. Arrived yesterday to perth in morning. Quicker than wiggle.

Iherb is great for nutrition items. Clif bars and nuun tablets etc.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:33 pm

biker jk wrote:What's the experience with delivery from Pushys? I ordered on Sunday and their web site says that if the item is in stock it ships the same day as the order, so that should have been Monday. It's now Wednesday and there's still no email informing of dispatch.
I'd be calling them

edit:
chain reaction cycles
free delivery
ordered 19/3/15
delivered 1/04/15
it took 6 days to be dispatched....

wgc138

Postby wgc138 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:25 pm

both pushies and c r c are getting longer these days. maybe they're trying to cut down on costs by finding alternate means to get the goods out. This is just comparison from around mid last year.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:44 pm

biker jk wrote:What's the experience with delivery from Pushys? I ordered on Sunday and their web site says that if the item is in stock it ships the same day as the order, so that should have been Monday. It's now Wednesday and there's still no email informing of dispatch.
Same as me too.
In the past I`ve ordered from Pushys, I got email from them that it was dispatched and I still haven`t got it.
Last time it was delivered by Fasttrack courier within 2 days last Jan.
Might be in Auspost and no tracking.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Bunged Knee wrote:
Same as me too.
In the past I`ve ordered from Pushys, I got email from them that it was dispatched and I still haven`t got it.
Last time it was delivered by Fasttrack courier within 2 days last Jan.
Might be in Auspost and no tracking.
Tracking would be nice but I just want to know why it hasn't been dispatched. Perhaps their web site needs to be changed from claiming items will be dispatched on the day of the order or next.

Wiggle always dispatches within a day.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:39 pm

Missed the Pushys delivery today from Couriers Please.
Got an email to ask me for re-delivery.
Damn it and it`s about 20mins ride to there.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...