Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jasonc » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:10 pm

wiggle order: down the bottom of the receipt it has the return details

ordered 6/04/15
arrived 14/04/15

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:14 pm

jasonc wrote:wiggle order: down the bottom of the receipt it has the return details

ordered 6/04/15
arrived 14/04/15
Yes, my receipt had the return details as well.

ordered 9/4/15
arrived 14/4/15

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:57 pm

This is what I received in my parcel:

Of course it does not apply to Australia.

........along with a free sample of High 5 Energy Source and a packet of lollies.

CB

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:49 am

mine was just the one on the end of the receipt:

Boognoss
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby Boognoss » Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:23 am

Lately I've ordered a few things from a few places.

Bikebug - two days in a row when I forgot the first time. Monday order, deliver Tuesday, Tuesday order deliver Wed (today). A+ as always.
Cell - order fixie frame and other items last Friday before the cutoff time for Sat pickup in person. No dramas on Sat morning.
Wiggle. Order last Monday, deliver via the DHL Express option last Thurs.

A good run all round.
Salsa Casseroll, Avanti Quantum, Specialized Tricross, Specialized Allez, Cell SS

philip

Postby philip » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:24 pm

I've done a couple of orders from http://www.mtbrevolution.com (lights) and found the service to be really fantastic. Both times I've had queries and had email replies almost instantly. Items have arrived by courier next day. Great service. So far the products have been great too.

rusty842

Postby rusty842 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Just had a bad experience with bike bug. Ordered the 5th of this month. Arrived today the 16th. 9 business days isn't bad.

However they shipped the muc off cleaner without a proper lid. So it spilt everywhere all through my order.

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:22 pm

Ribble haven't been much interested in taking my money of late. Placed an order in February that never arrived,for which they refunded no hassles after their expected-delivery time frame.

Placed an order last week,and since after four days I was still awaiting the "order dispatched" email,I sent an email requesting to cancel the order. No emails of any sort from Ribble,so I was left hanging and wondering. Three days after I sent the cancel request I got an email from Paypal stating I had been refunded. Still not one single email from Ribble.

Happy enough that the refunds were no dramas,though would have been happier still if the items I'd ordered had been sent out. I was ordering because I wanted the things,not for the joy of chasing refunds.

Ah well,back to Wiggle and c r c for me.
formerly the fat climber

ecg

Postby ecg » Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:21 am

Muzza72 wrote:Ribble haven't been much interested in taking my money of late. Placed an order in February that never arrived,for which they refunded no hassles after their expected-delivery time frame.

Placed an order last week,and since after four days I was still awaiting the "order dispatched" email,I sent an email requesting to cancel the order. No emails of any sort from Ribble,so I was left hanging and wondering. Three days after I sent the cancel request I got an email from Paypal stating I had been refunded. Still not one single email from Ribble.

Happy enough that the refunds were no dramas,though would have been happier still if the items I'd ordered had been sent out. I was ordering because I wanted the things,not for the joy of chasing refunds.

Ah well,back to Wiggle and c r c for me.
In my experience, Ribble do sometimes take a while to dispatch your order, especially if your order is made up of lots of items. I've had up to about 5 business days between placing an order and dispatch. Never had an issue with their delivery, and they use a tracked service a lot of the time.

rusty842

Postby rusty842 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:49 am

Only fair to my above post. Contacted bike bug. Completely satisfied with the outcome so recommend them given how they handled the situation.

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:06 pm

ecg wrote:
In my experience, Ribble do sometimes take a while to dispatch your order, especially if your order is made up of lots of items. I've had up to about 5 business days between placing an order and dispatch. Never had an issue with their delivery, and they use a tracked service a lot of the time.
Prior to February's non-order I've always had an "order dispatched" email within two days from Ribble. Even that Feb order was allegedly sent out within two days.

As far as items go,the Feb order was for two items supposedly in stock;and last week's was for one. Also supposedly in stock.

EDIT:last night,before my post in this thread,I placed orders with both c r c and Wiggle:both had sent confirmation AND dispatched emails before I started work at 4am. No contact at all from Ribble.
formerly the fat climber

Rex

Postby Rex » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:28 pm

I get the impression that Ribble is a much smaller business, thus lower overheads and (usually) lower prices.
You need to be more patient, but Ribble is always my first go-to online store. Wiggle if I need something quickly and ChainReaction if I need something harder to find.

rusty842

Postby rusty842 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:35 pm

I should check out ribble more.

However I just like wiggles website. So easy to navigate. That plays a huge part of my decision. I'll pay extra for ease

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:48 pm

Rex wrote:I get the impression that Ribble is a much smaller business, thus lower overheads and (usually) lower prices.
You need to be more patient, but Ribble is always my first go-to online store. Wiggle if I need something quickly and ChainReaction if I need something harder to find.
Ribble is always my first port of call. Few can match their prices. To date I have had no issues with shipping.

CKinnard

Postby CKinnard » Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:04 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:
Rex wrote:I get the impression that Ribble is a much smaller business, thus lower overheads and (usually) lower prices.
Ribble is always my first port of call. Few can match their prices. To date I have had no issues with shipping.
+1 never had a delayed or seriously stuffed up ribble order...and consistently the cheapest amongst its competitors.

I bought Ultegra Di2 groupset recently, which cost over AUD1000 so had to pay gst when it hit Sydney customs, but that wasn't as painful or a hold up as I thought it might be.

I also bought half a dozen different tires recently to experiment with. Two of them appeared to be the model I ordered but they were a lot lot heavier than the manufacturer website said i.e. 275g when supposed to be 210g. I deduced there's probably a couple of sub models of the specific brand/model, which I didn't pick up via the Ribble advertising. So heads up on double checking all the product detail and blurb.

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:25 pm

CKinnard wrote:I also bought half a dozen different tires recently to experiment with. Two of them appeared to be the model I ordered but they were a lot lot heavier than the manufacturer website said i.e. 275g when supposed to be 210g. I deduced there's probably a couple of sub models of the specific brand/model, which I didn't pick up via the Ribble advertising. So heads up on double checking all the product detail and blurb.
Also, it pays to verify that when comparing what appears to be the same product from two different sources, you are comparing like for like eg they are the same year.

I find Ribble take a little longer to deliver than Wiggle or c r c but I've never had an order screwed up or excessively delayed.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:33 pm

CKinnard wrote:I also bought half a dozen different tires recently to experiment with. Two of them appeared to be the model I ordered but they were a lot lot heavier than the manufacturer website said i.e. 275g when supposed to be 210g. I deduced there's probably a couple of sub models of the specific brand/model, which I didn't pick up via the Ribble advertising. So heads up on double checking all the product detail and blurb.
Being a zeolous weigher of all components before fitting, take all claimed weight as an optimistic guide rather than actual...

battler2

Postby battler2 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:45 pm

absolutely disgraceful experience from pushy's. ordered a few times before with no problem, but my last order took nearly a month to get filled and received.

when i made the order the item was clearly in stock, then sent an email saying it was out of stock and the next thursday would receive new stock. so i wait, and check back on the site and notice it's in stock again on the friday. so i check my account (after the weekend past) and order still isn't being fulfilled. monday, tuesday pass: nothing. so i email them to ask whats going on and got a response like "it'll be done either tomorrow or the day after". of course, it was eventually done the day after. sent via slow mail, and of course, nothing, not even an energy bar or gel or something as an apology (not really looking for it, but 31st march order to be received 20th april) is an absolute joke.

will be going out of my way to not do business with pushy's from now on. buy local? you're kidding. wiggle 6 days from order to delivery every time. c r c 2 weeks now.

Dr_Mutley

Postby Dr_Mutley » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:35 am

Care to identify the item u ordered?

Abby

Postby Abby » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:42 pm

What started out as a promising experienvce with Amart Allsports Online went a bit pear-shaped...

Ordered 3 Maxxis Detonator 28mm tyres (all good), and 5 Tioga thornproof road tubes (700x25).

Got a phone call saying they only had 4 tubes, and what would I like to do? I said I was happy for it to be swapped with a 'normal' road tube (ie non-thornproof) of the same size, otherwise just refund the credit card with the difference. No worries they said.

Parcel arrives - there is only 4 tubes in it (plus the tyres). Three of the 700x25, and one 700x45 (!!!). So one tube short, and one that's ridiculously large.

SO now will find out what their returns form is like... *sigh*
Twitter / Instagram: @cgradecyclist

reefer

Postby reefer » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:20 pm

Supernova Lights

Ordered 13 April, delivered 20th April. Excellent, but for 45 Euro, I expect that.
Tracking the delivery was excellent until it arrived in Australia, then although it had been delivered, it was still showing as departed Brisbane only.

The supernova website could be made a little more english friendly, eg, when ordering, the final terms and conditions you must agree to are in German even though up to that point it's all been in English.

The quality of finish of the lights are superb, worth every euro.

Waiting for the new dynamo from SP, then battery free roadie :}

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:48 pm

Abby wrote:What started out as a promising experienvce with Amart Allsports Online went a bit pear-shaped...

Ordered 3 Maxxis Detonator 28mm tyres (all good), and 5 Tioga thornproof road tubes (700x25).

Got a phone call saying they only had 4 tubes, and what would I like to do? I said I was happy for it to be swapped with a 'normal' road tube (ie non-thornproof) of the same size, otherwise just refund the credit card with the difference. No worries they said.

Parcel arrives - there is only 4 tubes in it (plus the tyres). Three of the 700x25, and one 700x45 (!!!). So one tube short, and one that's ridiculously large.

SO now will find out what their returns form is like... *sigh*
One tube would hardly be the end of the world for me. I probably wouldnt be bothered chasing it up.

defy1

Postby defy1 » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:19 am

Anyone dealt with items not received with Wiggle. I have an order that I haven't received from last month, and they told be wait 4 weeks before they their "lost item" process. What happens next?

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Ordered from Wiggle 9pm Saturday night, just (early Wednesday afternoon) had an e-mail from work telling me that a parcel has arrived.

Used the $23 DHL delivery option as I wanted one of the items quite quickly. The rest of the items were things that I'll need over the next couple of months and thought I may as well make the most of the shipping charge :)

dclnmurray

Postby dclnmurray » Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Does anyone know who Merlin cycles use in Aus? The online tracking suggest "Your item.... has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA" I have tracking number but tried the usual, Auspost but not valid.

thanks

Dave