Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

DG1984

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby DG1984 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:22 am

Wiggle - ordered feb 17, just got the notification it's on board for delivery today.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:11 am

Ordered new wheels and cassette tools from Bikebug 16:00 on Wednesday. Wheels arrived 16:00 yesty in Melb. E-Mail confirming dispatch of tools 15:00 yesty. Wheels from Tullamarine, tools from Sydney. Great, new wheels and I can't swap the cassette. :? Great service on wheels....although at 25% more than Wiggle.

I think I'll organise myself better next time...my pocket is not as deep as my patriotism.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:30 am

Whaddya know? Tools just arrived, pretty smhmick :)

Nice new straight wheels with a brake track :D

Rural Rider

Postby Rural Rider » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:44 pm

Just want to say how fantadtic Pushy's have been lately ... I've recently bought a LOT of things from them, a few big ticket items and the shipping and speed of service interstate has been excellent - total 5 Star recommendation from me.

RR
2017 Trek Emonda SL6
2016 Specialized Allez e5 Sport

thatmdee

Postby thatmdee » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:20 pm

Rapha -- ordered a couple of core jerseys from their 24 hour flash sale. Order placed Monday 6th 12:56 PM, FedEx attempted delivery today Wednesday 8th 1:18 PM.

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:09 pm

Ugh, ordered two items from Cell, both listed as in stock - four days later still not even dispatched. When I enquired, I'm told they are waiting for stock?! Frustrating, some might even say dishonest...

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:16 pm

merlin cycles - ordered 27/02 at night
arrived 8/03. happy with that.

battler2

Postby battler2 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:26 am

anyone ordered from bicyclestore.com.au? need something from there but theres an overwhelming number of negative reviews around the place for lack of contact, no order fulfilment, no stock etc.

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:00 pm

First ever online order with Chain Reaction - I bought some fizik MTB shoes. I collected the parcel yesterday, and it contained Shimano road shoes. The invoice in the box is for a completely different order number and it was meant to go to someone called Steven in Gloucester, England.

I have emailed them and am awaiting a response.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:30 pm

RobertL wrote:First ever online order with Chain Reaction - I bought some fizik MTB shoes. I collected the parcel yesterday, and it contained Shimano road shoes. The invoice in the box is for a completely different order number and it was meant to go to someone called Steven in Gloucester, England.

Many years ago now I received an order for a guy in Finland. It had my name on the order but wasn't mine. ChainReaction also.

thatmdee

Postby thatmdee » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:57 pm

Any recent experiences with Bikebug? Looking at a Tacx Neo Smart -- asking for clarification on whether it's the 2017 model, and getting very vague responses ('it's new stock'). A bit skeptical about whether they even have it in stock or not -- seems others have complained that 'In Stock' doesn't really mean in stock, only to have to wait..

Why does Australian retail have to be such a woeful experience at times? :(
I really do try to support local..

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:42 pm

RobertL wrote:First ever online order with Chain Reaction - I bought some fizik MTB shoes. I collected the parcel yesterday, and it contained Shimano road shoes. The invoice in the box is for a completely different order number and it was meant to go to someone called Steven in Gloucester, England.

OK - I've had a good response from c r c. Very apologetic, it's an inconvenience...we want to sort it out asap...etc.

Anyhoo, they've sent me a replacement order and "as a gesture of goodwill" I can keep the wrong shoes! They say that maybe I or a friend/relative can get some use out of them.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:48 am

If they are size 48 I'll call dibs

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:16 pm

jasonc wrote:If they are size 48 I'll call dibs
Sorry, they're a Shimano 46 - so a 45 in any other brand.

firemac71

Postby firemac71 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi im looking at purchasing some shoes and pedals and was wondering where most people online shop, im looking at the usual c r c, wiggle, PBK and merlin, how would you rate them and in what order? Or any other suggestions?

Vanny

Postby Vanny » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:56 am

I purchased a wheelset from PBK last year are they arrived pretty quickly. Then the wheels developed a fault and needed to be returned to PBK, which was a frustrating process. Contacting customer service via their customer portal was down right infuriating a Nf. poitnly. I was provided the incorrect return process two times, and support side they would organise a parcel pick up which never happened. Any I ended up getting someone on Live Chat who knew what they were doing and I received a refund within three weeks.

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:50 am

Cell Bikes has me scratching my head - I bought a set of Pro Lite wheels and the front wheel looks like someone took a wire brush to the front one judging from the deep scratches all over. Cell's 'bike designer' claims that all matt black Pro Lite wheels are finished with similar scratches. It looks like the guys at Pro Lite really screwed up the rear wheel because it is a smooth as the other three matt black Pro Lite wheel sets in our family.

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:31 am

Cell has arranged for a new wheel. Thanks

firemac71

Postby firemac71 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:15 pm

Has anyone used bikeinn? If so what are they like? How would they compare to c r c etc

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:24 pm

firemac71 wrote:Has anyone used bikeinn? If so what are they like? How would they compare to c r c etc
I've made two purchases from Bikeinn, one small and one large. Both transactions were fine. The second was sent DHL and arrived in a week. The first took longer. Comparable to c r c, Wiggle, etc. just lower prices.

as7431

Postby as7431 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:22 am

I have recently and whoever is handling their Australian part needs a kick. According to the tracking
Ordered 27 March
Parcel picked up 29th March
Left country (Spain?) 1 April
Arrived Oz 5 Apr

And still not delivered!

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:28 pm

pushys - paid extra for same day delivery (brisbane)
didn't turn up
contacted them. they refunded the same day delivery charge
parcel has now arrived

edit: I have the parcel. delivery details were correct. problem was the courier/courier company

lone rider

Postby lone rider » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:09 pm

After having a good run with c r c over the past few months my luck has run out and am utterly confused by what has just happened. Last 3 orders all delivered to same address, tracking has worked everytime and all arrived from UK to Oz in around 4 days.

Details of latest order:
31/3 ordered and dispatched same day, a cassette and 3 chains.
Recieve the tracking details and there was no record of the given consigment number.
Checked it after a week, still no record of the number
Been on holidays since Good Friday and arrived home today expecting a missed delivery card in the mailbox, but nothing.
At midnight last night I recieved an email from c r c stating the couier company had returned the package and in order to resolve the issue as quickly as possible they had refunded my account in full. If I still wished to recieve the goods I would need to re-visit the website and re-order.

<cough,cough> B/S#%!*<cough,cough>......

caneye

Postby caneye » Fri May 05, 2017 4:23 pm

Ordered tyres from PBK on 4/4. Thought I'd order 7 weeks in advance of an event at end-May, giving myself ample time to prepare, because previous orders from PBK took 2 weeks to arrive in Syd.
A full month later, I have not received them yet. Extremely disappointing. Am currently in contact with their support people.

Anyway, in the same time, I also ordered and received cycling shorts from Wiggle. Delivered within 7 days, like clockwork, in spite of the Easter-Good Friday long-weekend.

Testing386

Postby Testing386 » Fri May 05, 2017 8:50 pm

firemac71 wrote:Has anyone used bikeinn? If so what are they like? How would they compare to c r c etc
I used them on a relatively large Di2 order. Great prices but be prepared to wait - 5 weeks in my case. Parcel was in Sydney for 2 weeks :roll: