Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Top_Bhoy

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Top_Bhoy » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:06 pm

I had to cancel a Fly rear camera and a Garmin front camera order from Pushys. In part it was the difficulty in collecting from the courier they used but they also failed to organise a re-post using Auspost as agreed. For 3 weeks I was having to make phone calls until cancellation. I wouldn't say I won't use them again but I'd be reluctant.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:46 am

Top_Bhoy

I'm lucky enough that I can get my deliveries sent to Mrs JasonC's work. it definitely simplifies matters for me.

defy1

Postby defy1 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:05 pm

two consecutive Wiggle orders lost in transit. Wiggle handled it fine either re-sending or full refund. Just annoying having to wait and wait..

battler2

Postby battler2 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:12 pm

defy1 wrote:two consecutive Wiggle orders lost in transit. Wiggle handled it fine either re-sending or full refund. Just annoying having to wait and wait..
trakpak or the old royal mail/auspost method?

defy1

Postby defy1 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:23 pm

no tracking number was provided, so I guess the latter? not sure what Wiggle uses normally

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:34 am

birthday oder from Rapha on Thursday night. Arrived Sunday arvo. No bad. Still waiting on a MAPPS order......

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:16 am

jaseyjase wrote:
jaseyjase wrote: So 8 days from order to delivery :|
Giving pushys another go, hopefully a little quicker than 8 days to Perth

9/7 - Ordered at 5.45pm WST, $173 worth of jersey, shorts, hoods, brake pads, shoes
14/7 - Arrived!

So 5 days from order, happy with that :)

ecg

Postby ecg » Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:25 pm

Good experience with bikebug

Order about $80 worth of gear Monday afternoon about 3pm.
Order was dispatched later that afternoon
Order delivered in Brisbane 10am Tuesday morning.

Very impressive and with free shipping too!

defy1

Postby defy1 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:20 pm

Cell Bikes..
Ordered Friday Evening about $100 worth of stuff.
Received Tuesday morning from Sydney to Melbourne

Good Stuff

Downhill2Fast

Postby Downhill2Fast » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:09 am

I bought a pair of carbon clinchers from Merlin. Happy with the deal, the service and the goods when I got them, but...

When they arrived, customs sent the N10 forms, I filled them out exactly - correct price and postage (free), and then when I got the 'Postal Duty Assessment' to release them, they've randomly added $200 to the total value for 'Transport and Insurance'. It 'only' cost me an extra $20 for GST on the $200 but a bit raw to be making up fantasy costs to charge non-existent tax on.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:32 am

Did you query them about it? I know I certainly would have.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:39 pm

jaseyjase wrote:So 5 days from order, happy with that :)
A little miffed at Pushys (not on the delivery time as 5 days im quite happy with considering its over a weekend as well)

But on the last order I emailed regarding sizing for some shoes as the site didnt have a full size chart. I asked that if i needed the shoes (Teva Links Mid) in an equivalent US9 would the EU42.5 be correct? or could they send me a size chart or let me know what EU size would be equivalent? They did confirm Teva was a little bigger than normal, but i should have no problem and that i could just return and exchange

Sure enough when i got the box it was a US9.5, so half a size too big

Rang and spoke to them about getting my shipping return reimbursed as i felt it was their fault as i asked to confirm, i would have been happy with a credit to be honest! $10-$15 isnt a lot in the grand scheme of things, but the gesture would have gone a long away.

Anyway ive put another order through with them as their sales are pretty good

16/7 Ordered $150 on shoes, sealant and tyres

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:22 am

jaseyjase wrote:16/7 Ordered $150 on shoes, sealant and tyres
20/7 - delivered. 5 days again from order, happy with that. :)

jtrappett

Postby jtrappett » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:29 pm

I ordered from Pushys early Friday morning and received it a little after lunch on the same day... but then I am in Brisbane where they have a distribution centre. :)

mogwaiboi

Postby mogwaiboi » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:23 pm

My orders from BikeBug have in the past turned up the next day without fail. It seems that they may have stopped using a courier service, as I ordered something on 15/07 and was told it was dispatched via Express Post the same day (small parcel). I checked the tracking number here and there and nothing was showing at all by the afternoon of 17/07. I contacted them and they said they would look into it. I didn't hear anything so I thought may as well ring Aus Post and see if they know anything about the tracking number. Aus Post tell me that it wasn't sent Express Post but normal post. I contacted BikeBug again and they said 'how do you know how it was sent we can't even locate the tracking number'. The tracking number now shows that the item is still located near what I assume is the BikeBug online warehouse. I understand there is delivery issues here and there but i'm a little bit annoyed that the only way I get any info from them is if I contact them.
Avoiding pissed of bogans in SUV's...

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:21 pm

c r c order, $300 worth of bits

20/7 - ordered

RonK

Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby RonK » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:10 pm

RonK wrote:Well, my first online experience dealing with Bikebug may also be my last.
I'll see how things pan out. The order I placed on Saturday arrived soon enough, but the wrong item was supplied. I'm suspicious that an older, superseded component has been intentionally substituted for the component I ordered.
Well, the correct item still hasn't arrived. I had to contact Bikebug myself to find out why, and they now say they don't have it in stock, which deepens my suspicion that they tried to unload old stock on me.
There will be no further orders from Bikebug.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

mogwaiboi

Postby mogwaiboi » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:59 pm

A mate of mine gave me the number of one of the managers at BikeBug, as he had some trouble with an order/s as well. The guy in question sorted everything out for him and he was very happy in the end. If anyone wants it just send me through a PM.
Avoiding pissed of bogans in SUV's...

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:13 pm

I bought my wife two pair of Castelli tights from probikekit and I promptly received a notice that the order had shipped. A couple of day later they sent me another notice saying that they have no stock. When I inquired I was told that one item had shipped and that the other identical item had not. I then asked them to send a different colour (which they have in stock) and I was told that they cannot alter any orders.

It's now been several weeks and the first shipment has not arrived and the second item is still not in stock.

Sorry, probikekit, you have lost this customer.

ecg

Postby ecg » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:30 pm

ball bearing wrote:I bought my wife two pair of Castelli tights from probikekit and I promptly received a notice that the order had shipped. A couple of day later they sent me another notice saying that they have no stock. When I inquired I was told that one item had shipped and that the other identical item had not. I then asked them to send a different colour (which they have in stock) and I was told that they cannot alter any orders.

It's now been several weeks and the first shipment has not arrived and the second item is still not in stock.

I've had to wait over 3 weeks for orders from probikekit. Everything has been eventually delivered though.

battler2

Postby battler2 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:43 pm

ball bearing wrote:I bought my wife two pair of Castelli tights from probikekit and I promptly received a notice that the order had shipped. A couple of day later they sent me another notice saying that they have no stock. When I inquired I was told that one item had shipped and that the other identical item had not. I then asked them to send a different colour (which they have in stock) and I was told that they cannot alter any orders.

do a credit card chargeback, you'll get your money back and a free set of bibs. don't tolerate that rubbish.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:07 am

jaseyjase wrote:c r c order, $300 worth of bits

20/7 - ordered
23/7 - Departed UK
27/7 - Processed/Departed Singapore

taking a little longer than expected :|

cameronp

Postby cameronp » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:49 am

I placed orders with Wiggle, c r c and Starbike a bit over a week ago (17/7). The Wiggle order arrived three days later. Meanwhile with c r c:

17/7 - Ordered and dispatched with Trakpak
22/7 - Departed UK

... and the tracking page hasn't been updated since.

The Starbike order is in the fine hands of the German postal system, so should arrive any month now... between c r c and Starbike it's a race between the tortoise and the snail. I want my dynohub bits!!

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:09 am

battler2 wrote:

do a credit card chargeback, you'll get your money back and a free set of bibs. don't tolerate that rubbish.
Probikekit customer service tells me to cancel the order, but my account page says that I can't cancel because they have, supposedly, sent one of the two items!

I have initiated a dispute via PayPal.

Pobikekit will never see my money again - no matter what fantastic special prices they offer. Chances are they will try and sell what they don't have in stock.

I placed this order three weeks ago!

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:02 pm

At least I am not alone...

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/ProBikeKit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;