Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Aushiker

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Aushiker » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:40 am

ningnangnong wrote:Anyone ever dealt with Mountain Bikes Direct?
Yes.

Andrew

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:55 pm

Aushiker wrote:
ningnangnong wrote:Anyone ever dealt with Mountain Bikes Direct?
Yes.

Andrew
Didn't have any trouble I take it? :)

Edit: Just did a search of the thread, looks like you had a positive experience... good enough for me!

Thanks mate.

troyww

Postby troyww » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Cut and pasted a review for a Cycle computer that I wasn't exactly wrapped with to Cyclingexpress , wiggle , and chainreaction . Interestingly Wiggle deciced to not publish it but chain reaction and cycle express did . Chain reaction even went the extra mile and emailed me to say they were sorry about the product . I assume it was a semi automated response as I hadn't actually purchased it from them . I emailed the local Cateye disty as I did actually purchase them locally , but was basically told to suck it up .I purchased it locally at a premium with better backup as my rationale , I won't make that mistake again . Got replacements coming from Aliexpress :) .
FYI they were Cateye Enduro cycling computers for my 2 children and both of them fell out of their holders on their first rides . One was lost , the other is now held on by tape .

nirismo

Postby nirismo » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Ordered March 28, 2014 from Wiggle and arrived this morning April 7, 2014. So about a week delivery time. I chose free delivery so it's probably why I didn't receive any tracking numbers. Came earlier than expected.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:11 pm

nirismo wrote:Ordered March 28, 2014 from Wiggle and arrived this morning April 7, 2014. So about a week delivery time. I chose free delivery so it's probably why I didn't receive any tracking numbers. Came earlier than expected.
Actually 10 days, so closer to a week and a half. Who was used to deliver your package?

nirismo

Postby nirismo » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:32 pm

biker jk wrote:Actually 10 days, so closer to a week and a half. Who was used to deliver your package?
I thought weekends didn't count? Package was delivered by:

StarTrack International
38 Annandale Road
Tullamarine VIC 3043

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:35 pm

Following on from the wheelset I ordered from Wiggle. Order was placed on the 16/3 arrived 1/4. It was an 11 speed wheelset yet my bikes are still on 10 speed groupo's so needed the cassette spacer which is supposed to come with the wheels. As you can guess it wasn't there so emailed them back same day (1/4) asking send spacer ASAP. 5/4 they reply with what appears to be a computer generated email saying we will look into this matter for you, yet to hear anything else. Luckily for me I have an old set of Mavic wheels which always needed the spacer so I could take it from there an use on the new wheels. I would imagine there is quite a lot of people that don't have spare wheelsets lying around for instances like this so the wheels would be useless until they got their ass and sent me what was supposed to be in the box. I've added up all my orders in the past 2 years and I've spent over $3k at Wiggle, the current level of service is disgraceful and I won't be back until I am confident it is fixed. :(

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:27 pm

nirismo wrote:
biker jk wrote:Actually 10 days, so closer to a week and a half. Who was used to deliver your package?
I thought weekends didn't count? Package was delivered by:

StarTrack International
38 Annandale Road
Tullamarine VIC 3043
You're correct that Wiggle provide estimated delivery times based on working days. However, I always measure based on all days to delivery. So take your package for example. Ordered March 28. Say it was sent that day. The 29th and 30th would be excluded as non working days but your package could be in the air on its way to Australia. Admittedly, the packages can't be delivered on the weekend so it would be fair to exclude those days if the package arrived in Australia late Friday night or on the weekend.

AndrewCowley

Postby AndrewCowley » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:09 pm

I placed an order with Bikebug on Thursday and got this in an email from them today -

Please be advised that your order has been slightly delayed and should be dispatched shortly. We're sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

Hmm... Hope that doesn't mean my order (a front light) isn't in stock since I searched everywhere for a good price and postage.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:09 pm

Well thankfully Wiggle have reverted to their previous delivery service to Australia. This is great news from Wiggle. They clearly have listened to customers' complaints. Here is the reply to my email.

Thank you for taking time to email us here at wiggle.

I am sorry to hear that your previous wiggle deliveries have taken slightly longer since our recent change in carriers from DHL to P2P TRAK PACK.

As a loyal wiggle customer your feedback is greatly appreciated to ensure that we can improve the service that we offer to our customers.

As I understand, we have recently reverted back to our previous delivery methods for delivery to Australia.

This means that courier delivery to Australia will be delivered via DHL and standard deliveries, AusPost.

Stuey

Postby Stuey » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:53 pm

wombatK wrote:Latest order on Chain Reaction Cycles placed evening of 25th March, standard delivery. Arrived this morning 31st March,
3 working days later (via DHL). Pretty happy with that.
Hmmm. Conversely, my c r c order sent 24 March but free via Royal Mail has still not arrived as of today. Starting to be of concern...

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:47 pm

Stuey wrote:
wombatK wrote:Latest order on Chain Reaction Cycles placed evening of 25th March, standard delivery. Arrived this morning 31st March,
Hmmm. Conversely, my c r c order sent 24 March but free via Royal Mail has still not arrived as of today. Starting to be of concern...
Why? It usually takes a couple of weeks via Royal Mail.

wes1984

Postby wes1984 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:24 am

I need some information with regards to purchasing some pannier racks as I have recently been given a mid 90s superlite and would like to fit panniers to it if possible. Can anyone make suggestions as to which brand/s are easiest to fit to these bikes and whether any one has bought through ebay or other sites online.

thanks

wes

WarbyD

Postby WarbyD » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:19 am

wes1984 wrote:I need some information with regards to purchasing some pannier racks as I have recently been given a mid 90s superlite and would like to fit panniers to it if possible. Can anyone make suggestions as to which brand/s are easiest to fit to these bikes and whether any one has bought through ebay or other sites online.

thanks

wes
I purchased the Axiom Journey Disc Pannier Rack (there is a non-disc version available) and have been happy with it for the ~$30ish it cost (from memory). I can't recall if I purchased from Cell or c r c, but do a google search and you should find it :)

On another note.. Another good experience with Cell Bikes for me - Ordered 2ea of arm warmers, leg warmers and cycling beanies last Monday and they turned up at my door yesterday. *thumbs up*

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:20 am

biker jk wrote:Well thankfully Wiggle have reverted to their previous delivery service to Australia. This is great news from Wiggle. They clearly have listened to customers' complaints. Here is the reply to my email.
Fantastic! Guess TrakPak blew a massive opportunity to get a huge amount of work. Now who's game enough to buy something from Wiggle and report back :P

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:27 am

Ignoto wrote:Fantastic! Guess TrakPak blew a massive opportunity to get a huge amount of work. Now who's game enough to buy something from Wiggle and report back :P
I did 2 weeks ago and no sign of the box yet :o

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:33 am

Just because one email says they have changed, doesn't mean they have. Will wait and see for more evidence first. Wiggle have still lost me at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WarbyD

Postby WarbyD » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:39 am

fil_farina wrote:Just because one email says they have changed, doesn't mean they have. Will wait and see for more evidence first. Wiggle have still lost me at this stage.

.. I'm pretty confident a company like Wiggle isn't going to outright lie in an email to a customer about delivery services, which can so easily be proven to be BS as soon as the next customer receives their order. There is nothing to be gained by Wiggle lieing about their delivery service.

Sounds to me like Wiggle have tried a different delivery service (they're a business, if a comparable service is available to them at a lower price of course they're going to make the switch) and customer feedback has told them it was the wrong move. They've listened and reverted back to the old service. Excellent response if you ask me.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:07 pm

fil_farina wrote:Just because one email says they have changed, doesn't mean they have. Will wait and see for more evidence first. Wiggle have still lost me at this stage.

I ordered from Wiggle last week and they told me the package was being sent with Australia Post. It will be interesting to see if it beats TrakPak's delivery time, although the hurdle is pretty low.

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:08 pm

biker jk wrote:

I ordered from Wiggle last week and they told me the package was being sent with Australia Post. It will be interesting to see if it beats TrakPak's delivery time, although the hurdle is pretty low.
Thats probably Star Track International then. AKA Australia Post.

Stuey

Postby Stuey » Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:44 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:
Stuey wrote:
Why? It usually takes a couple of weeks via Royal Mail.
Are you sure? I haven't had bike stuff sent from the UK via normal mail, but other stuff (admittedly smaller packages; electronics)has been about a week. If you reckon so, all good then.

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:38 pm

rheicel wrote:I did 2 weeks ago and no sign of the box yet :o
Wiggle box showed up today. Box is still in good condition with no damage. The box was dispatched through Startrack and surprisingly was delivered to my car which is parked outside our house. Yes, the courier placed the box on top of the engine hood :D

Stuey

Postby Stuey » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:42 pm

Hmmm, time to clean out the car. He thinks you're living there... :)

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:45 pm

Stuey wrote:Hmmm, time to clean out the car. He thinks you're living there... :)
Hmmm, funny thing is the car is brand new and not even a single dust on it :lol:

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:20 pm

Hey guys and girls

I order a lot of items from China and find the problem is mostly when it gets to Australia. Australia post is shocking and just play games all the time. I can track most parcels out of China it takes 1 to 3 days to leave China and heads to Sydney and then it takes 2 to 3 weeks from Sydney to my house. Of course you can't track normal mail with Australia post so they just play games with you.

I order other items with EMS from China and all of a sudden about 5 other parcels from normal surface mail show up with it from Australia post. Sometimes when they are very late I ring Australia post and see if they are holding any parcels that they haven't dropped off a calling card for and they say no parcels are awaiting collection and all of a sudden they turn up about three days later.