Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

baldy1975

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby baldy1975 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:12 am

Was looking to buy I oz was going to give bike bug a try. Sent request for price match. 7 days later no answer and I have already received items from wiggle. Wiggle great job again. I know Mr cell floats about sorry but you didnt have in stock what I was after.

softy

Postby softy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:28 pm

Ross wrote:The parts that I ordered from LBS last Saturday have not showed up.

The spare tyres that I ordered from o/s last Sunday were delivered today (would of been yesterday if I was at home to recieve them)

Wonder why people buy online from o/s?
Yes they should wonder??
I have on many occasions given the LBS the opputunity to get stuff in for me. But guess what! They just can't get items!
I do believe the distribitors have a lot to answer for, they don't offer the full linage, hold stock or are just slow.
So I don't blame the LBS totally.

Items that are unavailable in australia can be ordered simple online. Unless the australian distribution network is better and competitive pricing is achieved, I can't see how all these bike shops can survive. :(

Rex

Postby Rex » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:43 pm

Got a Garmin Edge 510 from my LBS for $279 today... won't find cheaper ANYWHERE.
Available on their online store also.

softy

Postby softy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:58 pm

Rex wrote:Got a Garmin Edge 510 from my LBS for $279 today... won't find cheaper ANYWHERE.
Available on their online store also.
The new garmin 1000 has just been realeased, superseding the older units. This may of explained the downward pricing. I too have got bargains from oz shops, got a set of fulcrum zeros for $600.00 from an eastern states shop. Be it 2012 stock and tubulars rims.

Happy shopping where ever the purchase. :D

reefer

Postby reefer » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:24 pm

Bike24:
04June2014, Ordered a set of cpx33 / 6800 wheels and a 5700 cassette. 16June2014, Arrived in excellent condition.
Torpedo7
04June2014, Ordered a set of Marathon Plus with 4 Tubes. 13June 2014, Arrived in excellent condition.

Now to fit these tyres.....

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:30 pm

reefer wrote:Now to fit these tyres.....
my fingers are already hurting for you

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:52 pm

Pre-stretch those things??

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:54 pm

fil_farina wrote:Pre-stretch those things??
+1. i've got my spare mounted on a rim sans tube. and before i have to put it on, it'll spend some time in the sun

reefer

Postby reefer » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:55 pm

Actually, They were quite easy to fit, the rear basically slipped on, no levers or even effort, the front required a bit of muscle but no levers, it much less hassle than what I have seen on utubes. (they were 25c)

harmonix1234

Postby harmonix1234 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:02 pm

Only ever had one bad online experience really. Well, two now I think about it.
A saddle from Czechoslovakia took four months to arrive off eBay.cz.
And, a cassette from c r c arrived in a paper box that was sodden with salt water, and then repackaged in a plastic bag.
Proper salty water from the ocean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeoffInBrisbane

Postby GeoffInBrisbane » Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Ordered some stuff from 99 Bikes on Friday 6/6. Don't usually use them but postage was free and delivery supposed to be 1-2 business days in Brisbane. Nothing arrived by Thursday so I sent them an email. No response. Rang them late Friday, was advised they would send me an email with the tracking link. No email received. Rang this morning, was advised the person I needed to speak to was on a call and would ring me back in 5 minutes. Several hours later no return call, so I rang again. Phone now rings out to voicemail leaving me the option to leave a message which they will respond to within a business day. NOT IMPRESSED.
Veloviewer

MS-DOS Phone. For when you want it done right.

Charles brown

Postby Charles brown » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:46 pm

I purchased a carbon wheelset some weeks ago, and it total use 10 days, this is my first time purchase from oversea, but when I received the wheelset, I was very pleased with the wheels,they are very smooth, quick and make a great noise.

KGB

Postby KGB » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:20 pm

Made my first order from velogear.com.au and received it today, probably 2 business days later (lost track with a busy weekend).
No problems, just made a second order while they had free shipping on.

michael_w

Postby michael_w » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:27 pm

Ordered two Tiagra 4601 chains and one Tiagra 4600 11-25 cassette from c r c on 16 June and they just arrived. Pretty good considering free shipping etc.

At a cost of about $20 per piece, I've got some spares to keep the roadie on the road for some time to come :D

fergy1987

Postby fergy1987 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:09 pm

Ordered a 60mL bottle of lube from Velogear. Looks like they didnt have it in stock, so sent the 120mL bottle at no extra charge. Good stuff on their behalf.

KGB

Postby KGB » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:59 pm

KGB wrote:Made my first order from velogear.com.au and received it today, probably 2 business days later (lost track with a busy weekend).
No problems, just made a second order while they had free shipping on.
Hmmmm. 2nd order just arrived - I bought a quill stem/threadless stem adaptor that was listed as 1 1/8" (pic showed it had a shim, I assume it is designed for 1" without shim or 1 1/8" with shim, although no mention of this in the description). It arrived and has a silver top cap instead of black (not a big issue) and has no shim and is definitely 1" diameter.
I've just emailed them to query whether there are bits (shim) missing or I was just sent the wrong item. Bit annoying being a friday arvo but thats life. I'll give them a chance to fix it up and update here again.

WarbyD

Postby WarbyD » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:01 pm

GeoffInBrisbane wrote:Ordered some stuff from 99 Bikes on Friday 6/6. Don't usually use them but postage was free and delivery supposed to be 1-2 business days in Brisbane. Nothing arrived by Thursday so I sent them an email. No response. Rang them late Friday, was advised they would send me an email with the tracking link. No email received. Rang this morning, was advised the person I needed to speak to was on a call and would ring me back in 5 minutes. Several hours later no return call, so I rang again. Phone now rings out to voicemail leaving me the option to leave a message which they will respond to within a business day. NOT IMPRESSED.
Argh... How'd this turn out? I have never used 99 Bikes before either, and just last night placed an order for 2x Conti GP4000 S2 tyres, paying $10.95 extra for express shipping...

defy1

Postby defy1 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:48 pm

Ordered a pair of sunnies from Torpodo 7 and didn't get charged shipping. Saying it was "Email Shipping"..what does that mean?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:24 pm

defy1 wrote:Ordered a pair of sunnies from Torpodo 7 and didn't get charged shipping. Saying it was "Email Shipping"..what does that mean?
here

print this out, you just need a pair of scissors

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:34 am

defy1 wrote:Ordered a pair of sunnies from Torpodo 7 and didn't get charged shipping. Saying it was "Email Shipping"..what does that mean?
One day, we will be able to print out some sunglasses with our 3-D home printer.

WarbyD

Postby WarbyD » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:09 pm

WarbyD wrote:
GeoffInBrisbane wrote:Ordered some stuff from 99 Bikes on Friday 6/6. Don't usually use them but postage was free and delivery supposed to be 1-2 business days in Brisbane. Nothing arrived by Thursday so I sent them an email. No response. Rang them late Friday, was advised they would send me an email with the tracking link. No email received. Rang this morning, was advised the person I needed to speak to was on a call and would ring me back in 5 minutes. Several hours later no return call, so I rang again. Phone now rings out to voicemail leaving me the option to leave a message which they will respond to within a business day. NOT IMPRESSED.
Argh... How'd this turn out? I have never used 99 Bikes before either, and just last night placed an order for 2x Conti GP4000 S2 tyres, paying $10.95 extra for express shipping...
Turned out I had nothing to worry about! Ordered Thursday, dispatched Friday, received Monday afternoon :D that's awesome for QLD to WA :) thumbs up for 99 bikes!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Lurkin

Postby Lurkin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Discovered Wiggle is now dispatching via Couriers Please, being Melbourne's worst courier. Specifically kept ordering from Wiggle to avoid them.

Guess thats the end of ordering from Wiggle....

boss

Postby boss » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:39 pm

Bought a Lezyne light from Cell bikes about 12 months ago, maybe a little bit longer.

The little rubber button that turned the light on/off and changed modes had stopped striking against the button on the circuit board, meaning the light wouldn't turn on.

As Lezyne had a 2 year warranty on all their gear, I flicked Cell an email about the button. They were aware of the issue and offered some troubleshooting help, but sadly my button was too far gone to be fixed.

So I sent the light back, presumably to get a new light. I since found out that Cell would get Lezyne to supply a new button... which made me think the process was a bit longwinded (why not just send me a replacement button for me to fit) but I didn't think too much of it. Even though I'm not getting a new light, at least my current light will work again. All good!

Anyway, got an email today saying that Lezyne had decided to just replace the light all together. Customer service and communication was above average the entire time, great outcome.

Thanks Cell and Lezyne.

li2099

Postby li2099 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:33 am

Bought $100 worth of bike accessories off c r c on Tue (1st Jul) with free shipping option.
Item dispatched (2nd Jul) via DHL Express with ETA 4th July.
This isn't the first time I've received free express shipping from c r c.
Will definitely buy more goods from them in the future.

casual_cyclist

Postby casual_cyclist » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:08 pm

I ordered a garmin 500 from 99Bikes... great price, nice web site, easy to order. A little glich was no confirmation email and the site didn't create an account for me to track my item. I emailed the contact on the site and they provided an Aus post tracking number the next day. I rate the service as excellent.
<removed by request>