Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

biker jk

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby biker jk » Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:38 am

Pretty poor form for Cell Bikes to email an ad this morning for a product out of stock. "Five Vittoria Tubes for only $29.95" emblazoned across the ad but not in stock.

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:10 am

biker jk wrote:Pretty poor form for Cell Bikes to email an ad this morning for a product out of stock. "Five Vittoria Tubes for only $29.95" emblazoned across the ad but not in stock.
Sorry to hear that. Maybe you are just to slow to grab some? :roll:

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:13 am

rheicel wrote:
biker jk wrote:Pretty poor form for Cell Bikes to email an ad this morning for a product out of stock. "Five Vittoria Tubes for only $29.95" emblazoned across the ad but not in stock.
I bought elsewhere earlier this week when the Cell deal was out of stock. Just don't feel it ethical to run the ad when Cell know they have no stock.

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:16 am

biker jk wrote:
rheicel wrote:
I bought elsewhere earlier this week when the Cell deal was out of stock. Just don't feel it ethical to run the ad when Cell know they have no stock.
They are probably tricking us so we can see their other stocks?

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:14 am

rheicel wrote:
biker jk wrote:
rheicel wrote: Sorry to hear that. Maybe you are just to slow to grab some? :roll:
They are probably tricking us so we can see their other stocks?
Hi gents, apologies for my absense, I've been battling an illness I'd like to keep private. Regarding your experience, apologies for that as well. I actually make our newsletter and I mistakenly put on for promotion an item that was out of stock. Please know that this was not intentional. 'biker jk', please feel free to send me an email and I look forward to hearing more from you and I look forward to making this right.

Thanks for all the great feedback, it helps us know when we stuff up and helps us know how to make it right.

-website manager Mark
(mark@this link is broken)
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

stylo

Postby stylo » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:21 am

All good, it happens.

Gerry.M

Postby Gerry.M » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:44 pm

I needed some new brakes for the commuter and found a number of fleabay sellers who had them, but also noticed http://www.cyclingdeal.com.au stocked them and they were cheaper than the others.

Ordered Wednesday night, packed and sent Thursday, arrived in the mail Friday morning.
The other bonus was postage cost was only $4.20 which I'm assuming was due to the size and locality (Dandenong to suburban Melbourne).
I've bought a few things from these guys and always found them to be good.

Just not sure about their house brand bikes though..
As Tony Montana said, you know what a Hasa is Frank? :)

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:54 pm

Gerry.M wrote:Just not sure about their house brand bikes though..
As Tony Montana said, you know what a Hasa is Frank? :)
Hasa is Taiwanese, and in my experience, Taiwanese bikes are really great value. None of my Taiwanese bikes have ever given me problems frame wise! (although I did have a TREK 9000 back in '92 that needed warranty, which they took care of satisfactorily).

Great quote btw Gerry, haha.

-website manager Mark

AndrewCowley

Postby AndrewCowley » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:12 pm

Bike Bug. Ordered a couple of tyres and a bottle of lube. Ordered Tuesday morning at 12.30am. Delivered Tuesday afternoon. Incredible.

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:08 pm

Bikebug - ordered cassette and bar tape (12/7), arrived yesterday. The only let down is the courier :(
Courier delivered to the correct address, but he just literally drop it to the pathway in front of our unit. I am lucky to have a concerned neighbour, he pickep up the parcel and when he realised it was for me, he gave it to me this morning.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:13 pm

wiggle - ordered a few bits and bobs - ordered 4/7 delivered 13/7

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:15 pm

A big thank you to Mark of Cell Bikes for some great service. Much appreciated.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:59 pm

biker jk wrote:A big thank you to Mark of Cell Bikes for some great service. Much appreciated.
No worries biker jk, thanks for your feedback and giving me the opportunity to make things right. Without all of you, there is no us. Happy to be a part of this great community.

Ride safe and have a great weekend everyone!

-website manager Mark
(mark@this link is broken)

idler

Postby idler » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:45 pm

Just bought a pair of SIDI shoes from Wiggle - the day after I paid for them price dropped by $23. Not happy - have complained so will see what they do.

Also - have they change shipping company for free shipping? No tracking available via their site two days after "despatch" - I asked why not and in reply they provided me with the link to the Australia Post tracking tool.
Rikulau Stainless Steel, Hillbrick Steel, Specialized Tarmac

idler

Postby idler » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:31 am

Wiggle response to price reduction day after purchase (even though package is still sitting in there warehouse) is bad luck mate or you can send them back and reorder at the lower price - haha!

idler

Postby idler » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:30 pm

Wiggle Shipping Update

After a protracted online chat conversation with Wiggle's "Gemma" I have just found out that Wiggle appear to now be using STARTRACK international for deliveries to Australia. Didn't realise they were now international.

The order I made last week still has no tracking via the site and after asking why I could not initially get a straight answer but after a bit of prodding they eventually gave me a link to a site that indicated despatch last Thursday - but of course nothing since then.

Further investigation suggests that tracking will in future only work once package arrives in Australia.

Don't know if this is a good or bad thing. Question is why aren't they willing to clearly outline the new shipping arrangements? Could be the first step towards charging GST on purchases.

Noviss

Postby Noviss » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:51 pm

idler wrote:Wiggle Shipping Update

After a protracted online chat conversation with Wiggle's "Gemma" I have just found out that Wiggle appear to now be using STARTRACK international for deliveries to Australia. Didn't realise they were now international.

The order I made last week still has no tracking via the site and after asking why I could not initially get a straight answer but after a bit of prodding they eventually gave me a link to a site that indicated despatch last Thursday - but of course nothing since then.

Further investigation suggests that tracking will in future only work once package arrives in Australia.

Don't know if this is a good or bad thing. Question is why aren't they willing to clearly outline the new shipping arrangements? Could be the first step towards charging GST on purchases.
Thanks. I put an order in on Friday too and wondered why I couldn't see tracking.

I can't see how less information about an order can be an improvement. The old system worked so well on every other order I have placed. Purchases turned up promptly and you had an idea when to expect delivery. Now :?:

Noviss

Postby Noviss » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:52 am

Wow....Ordered on Friday night delivered to Canberra on the following Thursday. Wiggle's new distribution partner seems to be a bit quicker. Would still be nice to have tracking though. According to the delivery label there is now an Australian address that the goods are dispatched from. GST is also on the invoice - albeit at a 0% rate - currently.

DG1984

Postby DG1984 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:35 am

Otticanet.com - $100 cheaper than RRP and about $30 cheaper than the other online stores. Ordered late Friday night, delivered yesterday afternoon and they are located in Italy. Free postage with Fedex too. Perfect service.

filipw

Postby filipw » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:54 pm

Ordered 2 Nalini short sleeve jerseys from PBK, but they didn’t fit so I send them back. $20 postage, sometimes it defeats buying from overseas.

wiggetty151

Postby wiggetty151 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:57 pm

Im getting back into cycling and purchased this bike.

http://www.pushys.com.au/torpado-citi2- ... -57cm.html

Just for a daily 30 km commute to and from work.

I don't know too much about specs and whatnot so i pretty much bought it for the sale price and how cool it looks.

Was that a good price for it?

OldBloke

Postby OldBloke » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:32 pm

I recently ordered some parts from Chain Reaction Cycles on Thursday night, dispatched in UK on Friday, arrived in Newcastle on Tuesday midday. Pretty good to my mind.

idler

Postby idler » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:42 pm

Chain Reaction Cycles - ordered last Wednesday (27 July) arrived today (Monday 1 August) via SkyNet. Can't complain about that!

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:35 am

Placed an order last night on Evans Cycles in the UK and received notification from DHL this morning that delivery is expected on Thursday. Eight pounds for delivery.

nickdos

Postby nickdos » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:42 am

Had a terrible experience with velogear.com.au - ordered July 1 (all items were "in stock") and heard nothing until I contacted them on July 18 asking what the story was with my order. The online order page showed my order as "awaiting shipment". They told me my order had been sent via Australia Post but couldn't tell me when it was posted or provide any tracking info. They said they would follow-up with Aust Post. Note my account still showed "awaiting shipment" at this point. About 5 days later I contacted them again and enquired about the conflicting info in terms of "awaiting shipment" and already sent. Got a "sorry" email back saying they will resend the order. No explanation of what had happened. Finally got an email saying "shipment sent" on August 1 with tracking number (a week later). No explanation provided and no credit or voucher provided in compensation either - despite order shipping one month after placing the order! Have yet to receive the order but at least I have a tracking number now.