Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

redsonic

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby redsonic » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:32 am

nickdos wrote:Had a terrible experience with velogear.com.au - ordered July 1 (all items were "in stock") and heard nothing until I contacted them on July 18 asking what the story was with my order. The online order page showed my order as "awaiting shipment". They told me my order had been sent via Australia Post but couldn't tell me when it was posted or provide any tracking info. They said they would follow-up with Aust Post. Note my account still showed "awaiting shipment" at this point. About 5 days later I contacted them again and enquired about the conflicting info in terms of "awaiting shipment" and already sent. Got a "sorry" email back saying they will resend the order. No explanation of what had happened. Finally got an email saying "shipment sent" on August 1 with tracking number (a week later). No explanation provided and no credit or voucher provided in compensation either - despite order shipping one month after placing the order! Have yet to receive the order but at least I have a tracking number now.
That sounds really bad. I have only had good experiences with them. I note now that the "free" shipping involves a compulsory 99c for tracking. I wonder if your experience had anything to do with that?
I bought from them yesterday, tracking number sent yesterday. Auspost confirmed it is on its way today.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:10 pm

nickdos wrote:Had a terrible experience with velogear.com.au - ordered July 1 (all items were "in stock") and heard nothing until I contacted them on July 18 asking what the story was with my order. The online order page showed my order as "awaiting shipment". They told me my order had been sent via Australia Post but couldn't tell me when it was posted or provide any tracking info. They said they would follow-up with Aust Post. Note my account still showed "awaiting shipment" at this point. About 5 days later I contacted them again and enquired about the conflicting info in terms of "awaiting shipment" and already sent. Got a "sorry" email back saying they will resend the order. No explanation of what had happened. Finally got an email saying "shipment sent" on August 1 with tracking number (a week later). No explanation provided and no credit or voucher provided in compensation either - despite order shipping one month after placing the order! Have yet to receive the order but at least I have a tracking number now.
I also had terrible service from them on an order. They sent the wrong product and it was a nightmare to get it resolved. Took an eternity. They used every excuse in the book for the delay. I prefer to go to the dentist than deal with them.

kiwi73

Postby kiwi73 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:05 pm

Currently building a Neo-retro roadie. A steel 1970's Francesco Moser Super Prestige racing frame with modern components. Using Campagnolo Athena group set and some old components, like downtube friction shifters. Bike will be Orange frame and all black components.
So I have been buying a "few" things online. :-) I'm just amazed at how fast Chain Reaction Cycles are compared to ProBike and Wiggle for delivery times. Usually 2-4 days quicker than the other 2. Also Wiggle now own c r c, so how does that work that there delivery is slower?

Anyway, bigger kudo to c r c. Love 'em.

denwol

Postby denwol » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:11 pm

biker jk wrote:
nickdos wrote: I also had terrible service from them on an order. They sent the wrong product and it was a nightmare to get it resolved. Took an eternity. They used every excuse in the book for the delay. I prefer to go to the dentist than deal with them.
Had a great experience. Bought a rechargeable front light off them in January.
The battery stopped charging a few weeks ago and so sent them an email. Wasn't really expecting much as the light was $40 and I ride in the rain a fair bit. Got a reply the next day saying that they would send a new pack out. Received it four days later. They didn't want the old pack back.

Zippy7

Postby Zippy7 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:03 pm

Poor experience with Wiggle.

Bought a pair of "Northwave Evolution Winter Socks" - http://www.this link is broken.au/northwave-evol ... nt=product

Note the word WINTER and WOOL in the description.

Wiggle web page claims 23% wool.

Label on packaging does not mention wool.

Sticker label doesn't even mention Winter either.

Customer service insists I've been sent the correct pair and that the socks contain wool.
I've only been given a partial refund in the form of a voucher...
Tempted to go to paypal or credit card chargeback, but sorta can't be bothered at the present.

Very poor form in my view. In my book, I'd call that misleading and deceptive advertising.
Will let it rest for a few days and then decide what action to take (besides ranting on this forum).
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:05 pm

I've just had another good purchasing experience with Wiggle. 1 week to get here.

CB

as7431

Postby as7431 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:21 pm

c r c - ordered (>$100 so free shipping) Tues 26th at 1.55pm, dispatched Tues 26th 4.55pm, delivery attempt in Perth 12.30pm Friday 29th. Thanks under 3 days! Actual delivery Monday morning. I can get things from over east in under a week!!

caneye

Postby caneye » Thu Aug 04, 2016 4:41 pm

bought a smart trainer (Elite Qubo) from PBK almost 2 weeks ago. To-date, it's not delivered yet. stock is not even "picked" for delivery.

i think they might've gotten their inventory level stuffed up when they listed it as "in stock" on their website.

not happy. credit to them, they have been updating me every few days without being prompted. but there is still no time line in place as to when it will be shipped out.

in the team mean time, i'm stuck at home twiddling my thumbs as another east coast low hovers off shore .... grr ..

(my last purchase from PBK was for a pair of Conti tyres last year. it was a seamless transaction though shipping was quite a lot slower than wiggles and c r c)

andrich

Postby andrich » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:01 am

caneye wrote:bought a smart trainer (Elite Qubo) from PBK almost 2 weeks ago. To-date, it's not delivered yet. stock is not even "picked" for delivery.

i think they might've gotten their inventory level stuffed up when they listed it as "in stock" on their website.

not happy. credit to them, they have been updating me every few days without being prompted. but there is still no time line in place as to when it will be shipped out.

in the team mean time, i'm stuck at home twiddling my thumbs as another east coast low hovers off shore .... grr ..

(my last purchase from PBK was for a pair of Conti tyres last year. it was a seamless transaction though shipping was quite a lot slower than wiggles and c r c)
I found the same experience with PBK. Exactly why i only use Chainreaction or Wiggle (Mostly wiggle). I can order on a Monday with Wiggle and it arrives at my door on Friday (thats clicking the express option which is usually $20 odd dollars). I cant fault Wiggle at all they have always been great for me

hope it turns up soon :D

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:20 pm

EvansCycles - $150 worth of gear, shoes, gloves, t shirt.

25/7 - Ordered (about lunchtime)
25/7 - Dispatched (9pm)
9/8 - Arrived

So thats 11 business days, they quote 9-12 business days so ok i guess.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:51 am

Pushys - picked up a 520 bundle with that $25 off sale they were having.

3/8 - Ordered
4/8 - Shipped
12/8 - Delivered.

So bit over a week.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:01 pm

I ordered the Scotts ARX MT Plus from http://bikes.com.au/ on July 26, 2016 and it was delivered (carded) on August 12, 2016 [17 days for Australian supply]. When I initially enquired about the helmet I was told it would need to be ordered in and that would take a couple of days. Turned out to be a lot longer.

That all said, the helmet fits well (they recommended a medium and it worked out okay). Yet to wear it in anger but so far so good. Oh the helmet was made in May 2015, so over a year old now. Maybe not a hot seller?

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:47 pm

I ordered two GP4000S II tyres from Pro Bike Kit (from the UK site to reduce the price - damn Australia tax!). Despatched on 10/8, anticipated delivery 24/8 - are they just adding some padding, or have delivery times blown out from the UK stores?
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:01 pm

nezumi wrote:I ordered two GP4000S II tyres from Pro Bike Kit (from the UK site to reduce the price - damn Australia tax!). Despatched on 10/8, anticipated delivery 24/8 - are they just adding some padding, or have delivery times blown out from the UK stores?
I ordered from PBK on 28/7, despatched 29/7 and still hasn't arrived even though they said it was expected on or before 11/8.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:12 am

Wiggle FTW.

Have never had an issue with them, but this takes the cake.

Ordered Friday am Adelaide time. Selecetd the free delivery (rear wheel and some gels/bottles). Got email update re order picked & packed on Sat (12:05am adelaide time).

Checked DHL for tracking, and both parcels in Adelaide already :shock: as of 5:16am.

Crikey. That's the quickest I've ever had :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

caneye

Postby caneye » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:33 am

PBK ...

going from order confirmation (22/7) - "in stock. usually dispatched within 24 hours" to "order has now been cancelled as Elite Qubo Digital Smart B+ Turbo Trainer is no longer available. We have tried to source further stock but we have been unsuccessful, sorry to disappoint you" after 3 weeks (13/8)..

i have to say, i'm not impressed at all.
big thumbs down from me.

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Mon Aug 15, 2016 10:49 am

Had a few successful purchases from http://www.capocycling.com.au/

First order, jersey I ordered was not in stock, they rang me apologised and offered replacement jersey that was far superior and worth a lot more for same price.

Five orders later, everything is in stock, shipped next day, sometimes with a surprise gift (socks or cap).

ps if you are euro small, their Padrone Hi Viz jacket is a bargain at $150. Wore mine (I just squeeze into a M) for the 5C commute to work with a base layer, did not need it. 10C ride home without base layer was at the upper limit. It coped well with the wind and rain (light showers).

Looks good, dark grey with light grey trim, until you shine a light on it.

paule11

Postby paule11 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:40 am

Brought a Zonda wheelset from Wiggle 23:00 10/8/16 arrived 12:20 15/8/16 live in North QLD very impressed

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:43 am

MerlinCycles - set of jawbreakers

9/8 - Ordered (7pm)
9/8 - Dispatched (9pm)
17/8 - Delivered

Good stuff

DaveQB

Postby DaveQB » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:16 pm

http://www.openroadcycles.com.au/

Ordered: 15:25 August 16
Ready to be sent: 16:12 August 16
Sent: 16:15 August 16
Arrived Sydney: 14:59 August 17

Les than 24 hours.
Ht: 182cm | Wt: 84kg | Bikes: Felt AR1 2016, Felt B2 2013
Sucessful Trades --> files.dward.us/Cycling/BNA-Trades.txt

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:32 pm

Torpedo 7
Place order for Bike frame Tuesday 10am
Arrived at my door Thursday 9am
:D :D :D

DG1984

Postby DG1984 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:43 pm

lapassione.cc

Ordered on the 17th, delivered at midday today. It's also bloody amazing quality kit compared to Castelli, which I paid more money for on sale!

Very happy.

snortin

Postby snortin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:52 pm

Evans Cycles

Ordered Friday 19 August 10am
Delivered Monday 22 August 1.45pm

Unreal, can't get groceries home delivered that quickly and received a Garmin from halfway across the world....

vast524

Postby vast524 » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:20 pm

Purchased Rudy Projects Agon's from BikeBug. Have since found out that they grey import and are not supported at all by the Australian importer. Australian Importer provide an at cost lens replacement service if scratched. BikeBug refuse and say that it is a result of wear and tear. Would understand if purchased from the other OS suppliers but not a local supplier and one which I thought was more legit and had previously excellent experience.
I am now wondering if any of their products now are locally supported by the official importer. Maybe I am just naive.
Am still pushing them to honour the local replacement lens program but if not, would ACCC be on my side?

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:55 pm

vast524 wrote:Purchased Rudy Projects Agon's from BikeBug. Have since found out that they grey import and are not supported at all by the Australian importer. Australian Importer provide an at cost lens replacement service if scratched. BikeBug refuse and say that it is a result of wear and tear. Would understand if purchased from the other OS suppliers but not a local supplier and one which I thought was more legit and had previously excellent experience.
I am now wondering if any of their products now are locally supported by the official importer. Maybe I am just naive.
Am still pushing them to honour the local replacement lens program but if not, would ACCC be on my side?
It's an interesting issue. Rudy Project Australia say they won't warranty or provide the lens replacement guarantee for glasses purchased from BikeBug, CyclingExpress, Vision Direct or any UK web site. They claim that these are glasses don't meet Australian Standards, however, I note that the BikeBug ad says the Rudy Project Agon they sell is 1067 AUS/NZ Standards Approved. I seem to recall reading that BikeBug claiming they were not selling grey imports, so this looks like a huge mess to me.