Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

CoffsGal

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby CoffsGal » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:04 pm

Ross wrote:Planet X were having a sale so I thought I might stock up on spare tubes but they want $84 just to ship 10 tubes to Australia! So I emailed them asking if this was a mistake and they replied back saying it is the correct charge by the courier and that it's based on cubic measurements and 10 tubes are a large parcel. I didn't bother to email back to tll them that every other online UK bikeshop only charge $10 or so freight, I will just vote with my feet (keyboard) and go elsewhere to buy my bike parts.
I suspect they must use bicycle couriers. :lol:

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:56 am

Has anyone ordered from Sigma Sport before?

Royal Mail have been terrible. Order was despatched 14/11/2016 and apparently the parcel is either still in customs or hasn't landed in Australia yet (last update 'On it's way to Perth Australia')? I've tried e-mailing Royal Mail three times with no reply. Their delivery time to Australia is 5-7 days and it's now been 15 days?

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:41 pm

liamw11 wrote:Royal Mail have been terrible. Order was despatched 14/11/2016 and apparently the parcel is either still in customs or hasn't landed in Australia yet (last update 'On it's way to Perth Australia')? I've tried e-mailing Royal Mail three times with no reply. Their delivery time to Australia is 5-7 days and it's now been 15 days?
Welcome to the vagaries of Royal Mail - Customs - Australia Post

My wife used to purchase a lot from ebay.co.uk once two items, from a regular seller, sent separately (as together over 2kg and shipping is stupid) one arrived after 9 days the next after 43 days. Previous longest time was 35 days, but of the 100's of items shipped, 90%+ in 14 days, 99%+ within 21 days, less than 1% took longer, but all arrived.

ps contact Australia Post, much better customer service and they can look into it for you.

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:27 pm

nickobec wrote:
Welcome to the vagaries of Royal Mail - Customs - Australia Post

My wife used to purchase a lot from ebay.co.uk once two items, from a regular seller, sent separately (as together over 2kg and shipping is stupid) one arrived after 9 days the next after 43 days. Previous longest time was 35 days, but of the 100's of items shipped, 90%+ in 14 days, 99%+ within 21 days, less than 1% took longer, but all arrived.

ps contact Australia Post, much better customer service and they can look into it for you.
Cheers, I guess i'll give it another four weeks before I start worrying :roll:

2wheels_mond

Postby 2wheels_mond » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:05 pm

ProBikeKit - thumbs up. Have heard bad things in the past about them, but tried them and it seems like now they're using Trakpak for small/medium parcels same as Wiggle/Ribble/Merlin. Got some Fulcrum 5 LG wheels and they took 8 business days to Tasmania.

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:57 am

Bit of a rant now about Australia Post. I purchased some bike parts from a private US eBay seller. Goods are dispatched and about a week later I get an SMS and an email from Aus Post saying my parcel is due for delivery the next day. Aus Post give me an option to redirect the parcel to be delivered somewhere else (say a workplace) or hold for collection at a local Post Office. As I wasn't going to be home I decided on the latter and asked for it to be held at local PO which happens to be a couple of streets away from my work. They said they would send me a notification when it was ready for collection. Kept checking the phone all day and no notification. Get home and the parcel is sitting on the front doorstep. Luckily it is a pretty good neighbourhood and stuff generally doesn't get stolen or vandalised but the point is I asked for it to be held at the PO. Wonder what recall I would have with AP if the item was stolen? None I suspect, they would find a way of weaseling out of it.

Howzat

Postby Howzat » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:14 am

Bikebug - ordered a bunch of assorted components after 4pm, arrived 7:30am next day, interstate.

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:52 am

Howzat wrote:Bikebug - ordered a bunch of assorted components after 4pm, arrived 7:30am next day, interstate.
Had a similar experience with BikeBug - Ordered Thursday 24/11 and arrived next business day in Perth. Very impressive.

I spoke with AP about my parcel sent via Royal Mail. The plane it was sent on landed in Australia 21/11 but according to the scanning, it never got off the plane and now nobody knows where it is. Can't lodge a claim for 25 business days according to Royal Mail. That's a bloody outrage that is.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:47 am

Was after a SRAM Red 22 11-28 XG1190 cassette and noticed Cycling Express had a 40% off code on Sunday.

Even with the expensive shipping cost of $19.99 (compared to other OS companies) it came in under even the cheapest options on eBay. Was supplied in its original box.

Ordered Sunday night and delivered Thursday.

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:40 pm

To my surprise, my parcel arrived today but tracking says it's still on its way to Australia. No status update on it arriving in Australia, clearing customs or being handed over to AP. No AP tracking either and this is for Royal Mail's International Tracked & Signed service... A bit worrying for them.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:06 pm

liamw11 wrote:To my surprise, my parcel arrived today but tracking says it's still on its way to Australia. No status update on it arriving in Australia, clearing customs or being handed over to AP. No AP tracking either and this is for Royal Mail's International Tracked & Signed service... A bit worrying for them.
Is that from your Wiggle order over 3 weeks ago?

ps, AP tracking is useless.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:00 pm

Bunged Knee wrote:
liamw11 wrote:To my surprise, my parcel arrived today but tracking says it's still on its way to Australia. No status update on it arriving in Australia, clearing customs or being handed over to AP. No AP tracking either and this is for Royal Mail's International Tracked & Signed service... A bit worrying for them.
Is that from your Wiggle order over 3 weeks ago?

ps, AP tracking is useless.
Nah this one was from Sigma Sport (despatched 15/11 and that was the last update until delivery). Wiggle order took over two weeks. I read that border staff went on strike through October and there's a backlog of parcels which is why some parcels are taking so long to scan through.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:39 pm

jaseyjase wrote:
Wiggle Order - Stem and base layer, free postage

28/11 - ordered
28/11 - dispatched
5/12 - arrived

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:20 pm

jasonc wrote:
Rex wrote:
jasonc wrote:c r c: ordered friday 18/11. arrived monday 21/11
free delivery
Yep I had 2 working days delivery from c r c last week also.
Fastest I've ever had.
merlin cycles on the other hand, i'm still waiting on. was ordered at the same time.
Merlin order arrived on 5/12

lone rider

Postby lone rider » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:37 am

nickobec wrote:Ordered the black kit from http://therollingherd.com/ for $110, knew it was Capo, but expecting their entry level quality.

Paid by bank transfer, the only option, it was a risk, they only had a small social media presence and no names or addresses on their site. I decided the risk was worth it.

Ordered late on 22 October
Got a that you note on 25 October, saying it would be posted that day
The package arrived 3 Nov

I was pleasantly surprised, the kit is Capo Corsa SL, Capo's long haul kit, knicks $275 retail, jersey $200 retail.

Rode in it next day, it was good is an understatement, let therollingherd know how much I liked the kit on instagram and promptly bought the white kit.

This was their response

That kit arrived 8 November.

Amazing kit, especially at that price point
Replying to back up every word in this post and thanks Nick for sharing it. You will not buy a better kit for $110. Due to only having bank transfer and its obviously a very small business, it takes a bit longer to arrive, mine was just under 2 weeks to get to Melbourne from ordering. But everything is quality, from the packaging with the personalised note, the ridiculously cheap price and on top of that they have thrown in a free t-shirt. Not sure if they are just getting rid of stock to close up, hopefully not, but if not and they bring another design I wont hesitate to support them and pay full price.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Trakpak craziness once again. Is that a prediction of when my parcel will arrive in Sydney or a typo?

Shipment History :

Event Date Event Time Event Detail Event City
17/12/2016 00:01 Shipment Arrived within Destination Country sydney
09/12/2016 07:31 Manifested for Outbound Transportation London, LD
09/12/2016 06:32 Shipment Processed at Hub London, LD
08/12/2016 05:41 Customer Data Received

Patt0

Postby Patt0 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:15 am

lone rider wrote:back up every word in this post and thanks Nick for sharing it. You will not buy a better kit for $110. Due to only having bank transfer and its obviously a very small business, it takes a bit longer to arrive
x2

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:51 am

Bought some SIDI shoes from Pushys in august 2015, wore them no more than once a week and recently the top strap on them broke.

Called Pushys to ask for a replacement strap only to be told that they didn't have any stock and they give 12 months warranty.

Spoke to Cassons (SIDI's AU distributor), sent them a photo of the strap and a new one is being sent by courier on Monday.

Great to see the distributor standing behind their product, shame about Pushys DGAF attitude.

On the plus side, I know what brand of shoes I'll be buying when I next need some. Also know where I won't be buying them (or anything else) from.

Usernoname

Postby Usernoname » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:01 am

WhingingPom wrote:Bought some SIDI shoes from Pushys in august 2015, wore them no more than once a week and recently the top strap on them broke.

Called Pushys to ask for a replacement strap only to be told that they didn't have any stock and they give 12 months warranty.
12 month warrenty is BS - Aus consumer law overrides this. For a $150 pair of shoes 1yr might be it, but a pair of SIDI's $250+ worn once a week then you should be covered if complaint made to your State fair Trading dept.
Acceptable quality
A business guarantees that goods will be of acceptable quality. This means they must:
• be fit for all of its usual purposes
• be durable.
This acceptable quality test considers:
• the nature of the goods
• the price paid for the goods
Aus motorists are safe to kill a cyclist at any time & confident that they will be protected from any serious penalties.

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:13 am

Usernoname wrote:
WhingingPom wrote:Bought some SIDI shoes from Pushys in august 2015, wore them no more than once a week and recently the top strap on them broke.

12 month warrenty is BS - Aus consumer law overrides this. For a $150 pair of shoes 1yr might be it, but a pair of SIDI's $250+ worn once a week then you should be covered if complaint made to your State fair Trading dept.
Acceptable quality
A business guarantees that goods will be of acceptable quality. This means they must:
• be fit for all of its usual purposes
• be durable.
This acceptable quality test considers:
• the nature of the goods
• the price paid for the goods
Yep, agree that it's BS. Would've gone down the ACL path had the distributor not helped out. At the end of the day, I just wanted my 'weekend shoes' back.

Contrast this customer service experience with one from Wiggle - they shipped me a torque wrench with a missing 5mm bit. One online conversation and 5 minutes later a replacement was on the way and I got to keep the old one.

Happy to buy local and pay a bit of 'Australia tax', but if a retailer isn't going to support their customers, why should we support them?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:57 am

WhingingPom wrote:Contrast this customer service experience with one from Wiggle - they shipped me a torque wrench with a missing 5mm bit. One online conversation and 5 minutes later a replacement was on the way and I got to keep the old one.
No you didn't. I've got it :D

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:38 pm

jasonc wrote:
WhingingPom wrote:Contrast this customer service experience with one from Wiggle - they shipped me a torque wrench with a missing 5mm bit. One online conversation and 5 minutes later a replacement was on the way and I got to keep the old one.
No you didn't. I've got it :D
I got to keep the old one then sell it to someone on here that evidently has more use for 2 4mm bits than I do :lol:

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:04 pm

Good....wiggle order delivered in three days. Bad...DHB jersey sizing akin to Castelli :cry: :lol:

stylo

Postby stylo » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:18 pm

fat and old wrote:Good....wiggle order delivered in three days. Bad...DHB jersey sizing akin to Castelli :cry: :lol:

Sorry to hear, but thanks for the heads up on sizing. Been wanting to try something other (cheaper) than Castelli.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:03 pm

fat and old wrote:Good....wiggle order delivered in three days. Bad...DHB jersey sizing akin to Castelli :cry: :lol:
Are you saying that the listed DHB jersey sizes (chest, waist, etc.) are not accurately reflected in the actual jersey?