Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Dragster1

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Dragster1 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:28 pm

redsonic wrote: and some people report less than a week. .
I think a lot of people BS you only get it this quick with a courier I cant be the ugly duck that has ordered thousands of parts from them and its never been earlier than 2 weeks.

denwol

Postby denwol » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:56 pm

Ross wrote:I think you are expecting too much for the $6.50 that PBK charge for postage. Try going down to your LPO (local Post Office) sometime and see what $6.50 gets you. Probably lucky to be able to send a spare tube from Sydney to Canmberra, let alone half a bike from UK to Australia.

For others that are complaining about c r c or other online suppliers taking too long to ship you need to remember tthat once the item/s have been shipped and left the warehouse it is out of their control, it is up to the postal service or courier service. And it's not neccessarily UK post that is delaying things, often it can be Aus Post. Remember too that c r c only charge $10 for standard postage and are probably losing money on bulky or heavy items. If you want it in a hurry pay the $25 for DHL or buy your parts from LBS (and pay double the price).
We know that is probably the case.
The problem I have is that they actually quote a delivery time "http://www.this link is broken/stat ... foPage.jsp"
If they go and say delivery is between 4-8 days for International Standard Delivery, then they need to send it by a service that will take 4-8 days.
I would not have a problem if they said up to 30 days, or were more realistic with their postal times.

V8rider

Postby V8rider » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:25 pm

Thought I'd add my rave about bikebug.
I ordered some stuff Thursday lunchtime, and it arrived Friday afternoon. Now I'm in Sydney, so it's not massive distances to travel but still pretty decent service. Now to top that, after procrastinating over the weekend about buying some other things, I placed an order at 8am this morning. Delivered about 15 mins ago. These guys make it so hard for me to stop giving them money. It's pretty tough to beat their prices too.

Tzantushka

Postby Tzantushka » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:49 pm

denwol wrote: The problem I have is that they actually quote a delivery time "http://www.this link is broken/stat ... foPage.jsp"
If they go and say delivery is between 4-8 days for International Standard Delivery, then they need to send it by a service that will take 4-8 days.
I would not have a problem if they said up to 30 days, or were more realistic with their postal times.
That was the disconnect I was talking about earlier...
I have no idea why their webpage says one thing and the actual (realistic) delivery time is another.

Don't get me wrong...
At those prices and free shipping I can wait - just be up front and tell me it may take up to 15 working days.

softy

Postby softy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:52 pm

I have the opinion, "its online" you get cheaper pricing but you have to wait for the order to arrive. Lets face it, Australia is isolated from the main parts of the world business. If I get my gear in less than two weeks I'm happy.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:58 pm

softy wrote:I have the opinion, "its online" you get cheaper pricing but you have to wait for the order to arrive. Lets face it, Australia is isolated from the main parts of the world business. If I get my gear in less than two weeks I'm happy.
Ditto. :wink:

Tzantushka

Postby Tzantushka » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:29 am

Recent order with Wiggle for some ex-stock service parts.
Min. spend qualified for 'free' shipping (didn't pay for DHL).

- Placed order at 8pm Thu 9-Oct
- Order processed 9pm Thu 9-Oct
- Goods arrived 9am Tue 14-Oct (Aus-post courier driver)

Have to be happy with that!

I did notice that the label was ex-StarTrack International Tullamarine VIC.
Wouldn't be surprised if Wiggle do consolidated airfreight to Australia and then get a local third-party logistic provider to to the local lodgement.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:02 am

Tzantushka wrote:Recent order with Wiggle for some ex-stock service parts.
Min. spend qualified for 'free' shipping (didn't pay for DHL).

- Placed order at 8pm Thu 9-Oct
- Order processed 9pm Thu 9-Oct
- Goods arrived 9am Tue 14-Oct (Aus-post courier driver)

Have to be happy with that!

I did notice that the label was ex-StarTrack International Tullamarine VIC.
Wouldn't be surprised if Wiggle do consolidated airfreight to Australia and then get a local third-party logistic provider to to the local lodgement.
The reason the delivery was so quick is because the items likely came from the Melbourne warehouse. I ordered from Wiggle on 6/10 and received the package on 13/10 with delivery by Australia Post courier, but also with a StarTrack International Tullamarine VIC label. So your delivery was a fair degree faster.

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:46 pm

Dragster1 wrote:
the fat climber wrote:Undoubtedly there'll be some here relieved to know that my latest c r c order took three full weeks to arrive. Dang...Ah well,I had a good run.
see how my order goes ordered just over a week ago.
Received my order from c r c just a couple of FSA bb replacement bearings its taken 2 weeks not too bad really
Last edited by Dragster1 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:43 pm

I think something i found is the day of the week you order

ie if you order too close to the weekend, it dosnt get processed and shipped out till the following week, effectively you feel the extra 2 days of waiting. Compared to ordering it early in the week and it gets processed/shipped in the few days.

KGB

Postby KGB » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:57 am

Bad experience with PBK (Pro Bike Kit). After 10 or so years of dealing with them and having no problems, I finally needed to contact their customer service and it was pretty useless.
I ordered a box of gels because they had a BOGOF offer but it didn't come up in the order confirmation so I emailed them immediately to check and they reckon I needed to order two boxes to get the deal. The deal was, I buy ONE, they give me one free, not I buy TWO and they don't charge me for the second one. Maybe this was an error on my part but there was nothing stating this on the website.
Anyway, 4 emails went back and forth and then I got an email saying the order was shipped so they basically just ignored everything and sent the order out. I've pretty much got bugger all chance of getting the free box now so I'm banning them.

I'm quite disappointed after having so many good dealings with them in the past (a groupset, individual components, wheelsets, clothing etc) - I realise customer loyalty counts for little these days and price is king but it is disappointing none the less. It appears the wheels just fell off this time and their customer service guys seem happy to shaft me over a $30 item.

My order before that was with c r c, who sent me the wrong item. That was a bit annoying but they investigated it in a timely manner (checking all remiaining stock) and offered me a couple of options to resolve the situation. I ended up returning the item for a refund (inc return postage) so while it was a bit of a pain at the time, their response gives me confidence to continue dealing with them in the future. Plus, it was quick. Delivery to me was under 10 days and even when I returned the item, the refund was issued within a week of me sending it off. A+

Shelby35

Postby Shelby35 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:44 am

Ordered with 99 bikes 9.30pm 14/10 arrived Gracemere Central Queensland 16/10 9.45am great service.

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:14 pm

What's the longest that people have been waiting for a c r c free delivery? Ordered some water bottles mid September during one of the free deliveries specials. Still haven't got them after a month. Usually they get here in about two weeks.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:06 pm

First Pushy's order. Placed mid afternoon 13/10 arrived Melbourne noon 16/10. Very satisfied with that...

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:14 pm

tekapo wrote:What's the longest that people have been waiting for a c r c free delivery? Ordered some water bottles mid September during one of the free deliveries specials. Still haven't got them after a month. Usually they get here in about two weeks.
5 weeks A pair of shimano clipless shoes

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Dragster1 wrote:
tekapo wrote:What's the longest that people have been waiting for a c r c free delivery? Ordered some water bottles mid September during one of the free deliveries specials. Still haven't got them after a month. Usually they get here in about two weeks.
God, do they send it via sea?

They should bloody mention this when advertising their sales. The long delivery time isn't an issue per se, but its the expectations, just let people know, then people won't be fretting over the long deliveries.

(just checked the calendar, it will 5 full weeks by the end of the week for my bottles)

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:24 pm

tekapo wrote:
Dragster1 wrote:

They should bloody mention this when advertising their sales. The long delivery time isn't an issue per se, but its the expectations, just let people know, then people won't be fretting over the long deliveries.

(just checked the calendar, it will 5 full weeks by the end of the week for my bottles)
Royal Mail = snail mail :lol:

Shoot them an email sometimes they are able to track it from their end " sometimes " or they may send out another set of bottles
Its still better than buying from the lbs Hardly anyone cares about loyalty these days. The last straw for me was the lbs wouldn't discount a bike computer not even $1 that they had for $120 and online it was $40. I might also note that I had previously purchased everything from this lbs tools and all.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:58 pm

Yet I've had a Royal Mail delivery of less then 7 days from Ribble.

Tank1252

Postby Tank1252 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:22 am

Bikebug just set a new record. Ordered 6 items yesterday (AT) 11.30AM. Just arrived today (AT) 9.20AM in rural NSW. Under 22 hours!!

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:25 am

Evans Cycles, jersey and base layer. Free postage option

6/10 - ordered
8/10 - dispatched
17/10 - arrived this morning

Pretty happy at 11 days. Thumbs up

boss

Postby boss » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:42 am

Dragster1 wrote:
tekapo wrote:
Dragster1 wrote: 5 weeks A pair of shimano clipless shoes

Royal Mail = snail mail :lol:

Shoot them an email sometimes they are able to track it from their end " sometimes " or they may send out another set of bottles
Its still better than buying from the lbs Hardly anyone cares about loyalty these days. The last straw for me was the lbs wouldn't discount a bike computer not even $1 that they had for $120 and online it was $40. I might also note that I had previously purchased everything from this lbs tools and all.
Yep, it's heaps better than the LBS. You know, paying up front, sending your money off-shore, then proceeding to wait five weeks for your product to arrive in order to save a few dollars - literally a few dollars if we're talking about buying water bottles. And then when your water bottles don't show up, it's a case of send an email, wait, wait, wait, wait and then rinse and repeat.

Heaps better than handing over money and getting something in exchange for said money, there and then.

Oh so much better. So, so, so much better.

Seriously though, re: expectations, if shipping is free and you're buying from an overseas mailorder, you get what you pay for. Agree that five weeks isn't great, but as I said, get what you pay for. Personally I usually opt to upgrade shipping to something that's tracked and faster, it's usually only an extra $5-10.

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:03 pm

Ordered the new base model GoPro Hero from Evans Cycles on Sunday night - had a $10 coupon, so it was $140 with free delivery.

Sent via DHL and arrived yesterday! Wasn't home for delivery though, so had it redelivered today.

Bloody quick! Kudos Evans Cycles.

Zippy7

Postby Zippy7 » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:59 am

Bought some clif bars from Bikebug.
Sure they were reduced, but when I got hold of them, they only had 1 week left to expiry :(
I think it would've been nice to know they were THAT close to expiry!
I made an enquiry on a different flavour clif bar and they advised by email that they were on sale because they only had 8 weeks until expiry. Sadly that preferred variety was sold out before I could buy them.

I'll probably still eat them, but not happy with the extremely short date. Would they sell them with 1 day left?
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:15 pm

Given their very fast postage time probably yes. I wouldn't worry about the use by date. Those things have a half life like depleted uranium :lol:

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:44 pm

It's not as if you'll die after eating one a day or two past its best!!