Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

jaseyjase

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:29 pm

c r c - pair of tyres, some tubes, stem and brake adapter with 10% code.

7/8 - ordered 9pm WST
8/8 - dispatched 3am WST

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:13 pm

biker jk wrote:
firemac71 wrote:Has anyone used bikeinn? If so what are they like? How would they compare to c r c etc
I've made two purchases from Bikeinn, one small and one large. Both transactions were fine. The second was sent DHL and arrived in a week. The first took longer. Comparable to c r c, Wiggle, etc. just lower prices.
First time ordered from Bike Inn on 20/7/17 of 2x bike shorts, delivered to door on 8/8/17 with tracking.

Tracking stated, ordered 20/7, packed- 21/7, at sorting centre- 24/7, shipped- 26/7, arrived at destination- 7/8 and delivered on 8/8.
About 3 weeks to door.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

tez001

Postby tez001 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:04 pm

Pushys, always has been good with the service and delivery times.

Item delivered to Sydney in 24 hours.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:58 am

jaseyjase wrote:c r c - pair of tyres, some tubes, stem and brake adapter with 10% code.

7/8 - ordered 9pm WST
8/8 - dispatched 3am WST
11/8 - tracking says item has landed in perth, i doubt it will get delivered today though, which probably means a monday delivery :(

*edit*

11/8 - tracking updated and apparently out for delivery.

**edit**

11/8 - delivered

Thats a 4 day turn around from order to delivery, gotta be happy with that!

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Cracking delivery response from Wiggle
MichaelB wrote:I've just ordered the Wiggle dhb Bike bag - dhb Soft wheeled bike bag

:shock:
Order was submitted at 12:41pm Adel time on Fri 11th Aug. Mentioned during order placement that as the item was bulky, it may take longer to arrive. No probs, wasn't in any hurry.

Rec'd email at 6:03pm same day to say it was picked & packed.

Then rec'd a text on Sat morning during a ride (12th Aug) with the DHL dispatch details.

Now, 1:20pm Adel time on Mon, 14th Aug, rec'd another DHL generated text message that it will be delivered today :shock:

Damn, that's the quickest I've ever had, especially when DHL were involved.

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:23 pm

HubJub bike shop in the UK - sent my Sugino OX901D chainset promptly with no hassles and at the best price I could find. Still expensive, but they shift better than any cranks I have ever used and I absolutely love the 44-30 rings.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:25 pm

13/8/17 Ordered kit from Wiggle
14/8/17 Received email saying it has been dispatched
16/8/17 Departed facility (HEATHROW APT/LONDON GB)
16/8/17 Shipping information received by Australia Post
22/8/17 No further movements :!: :evil:

Not having a go at Wiggle at all, rather Australia Post or maybe Australia Customs. Other recent orders from Wiggle were delivered in 6-7 days from day of order.

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:45 pm

Aus Post must be reading my forum post - received email saying order is due for delivery tomorrow! :D

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:29 pm

Can confirm that the German bike-components.de are good. If you are price checking they are not always better when the shopping basket is full but do have a fair inventory.

I will report on Wiggle order, A typo of one number (street number) was spotted after submitting... no option to immediately correct and with the customer service delay, by the time it was actioned, it was packed.... will it arrive. (Staff were polite.)
Cycling is in my BNA

cameronp

Postby cameronp » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:06 pm

One that doesn't seem to have been mentioned here yet: Sigma Sport (UK). They seem like a smaller crew than the big UK firms but they had happened to have stock of a Kinesis frameset in the colour and size I wanted. Short version, they seemed decent to deal with, despatch and shipping slightly slower than Wiggle/c r c but faster than ze Germans. Despite showing prices on their website in AUD, they charged my card in GBP so I got slugged with the bank's currency conversion fee.

24/8 - Order placed
29/8 - Despatched via "Global-E Couriers"
31/8 - Arrives at Heathrow, handed off to DHL (given new tracking number)
4/9 - Delivered

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Rapha - ordered a jersey that just pipped the free postage threshold

5/9 - ordered (1pm)
5/9 - dispatched (5pm)
8/9 - arrived! (4pm)

two thumbs up Rapha

RobertL

Postby RobertL » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:12 am

Pushys are great for us Brisbaneites. I ordered a new front light yesterday at about 9.30am. It was waiting for me when I got home in the afternoon.

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:59 pm

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, or if it's been asked before... but does anyone know what is up with Cell? Are they no longer going to produce and sell bikes?

I was just having a gander at the website and there's little to no options if you want a Cell brand road bike or MTB.

Newcastle Dave

Postby Newcastle Dave » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:38 am

So I ordered a few things from Cell, (pedals, tires)

20/9/2017 - Order placed All Items listed as in stock
25/9/2017 - the order was still listed as pending fulfillment so, contact them. Get told "We was (sic) waiting for Shimano PD-R550 Spd-Sl Pedals GRAY from supplier"
25/9/2017 - Get notified package picked up by Couriers Please (4:30 pm)
26/9/2017 - Package listed as "on board for delivery" by Couriers Please
27/9/2017 - Pack Package listed as "on board for delivery" by Couriers Please.
28/9/2017 - Package listed as "on board for delivery" by Couriers Please. I contact them via online form, get automated email saying would be contacted within 4 hours. I wasn't, so I called them in the afternoon (waited 15 minutes in a queue that said was 2 minutes long). Got told "oh they are listed as on board for deliver" - I said yes, that's what it has said for 3 days. Was promised they would get delivered later that day
29/9/2017 - Delivery - Finally

I live in Lake Macquarie, the depot is in Cardiff (10 minutes away).

What disappoints me is that I used to be able to order stuff from Cell in the morning, had it the next day. The last three deliveries have all followed the above pattern/timeline. Over the years I have been a great supporter of Cell, I have bought 3 bikes (including a top end Omeo 2), and many parts and accessories.

This will be my last order off them. I can actually get stuff from England faster.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:16 am

Newcastle Dave wrote:So I ordered a few things from Cell, (pedals, tires) ....
25/9/2017 - Get notified package picked up by Couriers Please (4:30 pm)
Couriers Please ... says it all ... I will if it is an option avoid businesses using Couriers Please if that is there only shipping method.

idler

Postby idler » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:01 pm

Just did a Wiggle order. New (to me) checkout process said "dispatched within 7 working days" rather then the old "delivered within 7 working days". Anyone found that Wiggle processing is now taking longer?
Rikulau Stainless Steel, Hillbrick Steel, Specialized Tarmac

caneye

Postby caneye » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:17 pm

I've always found Wiggle to be reasonably quick, around the 7 days you mentioned.
c r c is definitely faster.

On another note .. bought a new helmet off Torpedo7. Order placed on Tuesday and delivered this morning. Just in time for the long weekend. Thumbs up from me.

Arbuckle23

Postby Arbuckle23 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:27 pm

idler wrote:Just did a Wiggle order. New (to me) checkout process said "dispatched within 7 working days" rather then the old "delivered within 7 working days". Anyone found that Wiggle processing is now taking longer?
Did a Wiggle order two weeks ago. Got delivered in 6 days to Melbourne. Never had a problem with Wiggle order (yet :))

idler

Postby idler » Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:37 pm

To answer my own question - just got confirmation that its been "picked and packed" already. There must just be a typo on their new checkout screen - when they say "despatched" they actually mean "delivered". Hopefully this is corrected soon.
Rikulau Stainless Steel, Hillbrick Steel, Specialized Tarmac

MickMelb

Postby MickMelb » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:40 am

Aushiker wrote:
Couriers Please ... says it all ... I will if it is an option avoid businesses using Couriers Please if that is there only shipping method.
Should be re-named to "Couriers, No Thanks!".
Message is don't rely on Couriers Please if you need something promptly.

Ordered from Pushy's Thursday 1.55pm 21 Oct.
Item Arrived in Melb Depot Tuesday 26 Sept.
10 days after ordering, Monday 2 Oct. = no sign of item.
How can a Courier service be so slow?

22 Sep 2017 12:54 pm 0090 (BNE) 1 item has been picked up
22 Sep 2017 1:33 pm 9999 (BNE) 1 item is in transit (Brisbane - Melbourne)
22 Sep 2017 1:50 pm 9999 (BNE) 1 item is in transit (Brisbane - Melbourne)
26 Sep 2017 6:17 am 9803 (MEL) Your item(s) have arrived in depot
26 Sep 2017 6:58 am 9803 (MEL) Your item(s) have arrived in depot
2 Oct 10.00 am = item is where?

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:59 pm

Bought this off eBay, it arrived earlier than expected and I love the design :mrgreen:
The heart symbol is made of cassette cogs, nice touch :)

This is an XL, good for length, just need to tailor it to fit my truly skeletal shape. That's what you get when you're 6 foot 2 and 68kgs.

When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:16 pm

SJS Cycles. I have used these guys a few times over the years, but especially lately as I am restoring an '80s roadie.
Great range of products you can't really find elsewhere. They don't have the super fast despatch of Wiggle or c r c (usually takes a couple of days to get the dispatched notice). Shipping is quite reasonably priced for small packages, but can get up there for things like wire bead tyres. Regular post, so takes 10 days or so to get to Aus.
They haven't let me down yet, so can't comment on their returns/ warranty service.
Very glad to have them for those less common bike bits I need.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 pm

Great shopping experience from wheelbuilder.com in USA.

After wasting my time at several LBS who wanted to sell me wheels that were $1500 over my budget and under specced (couldn't attract attention of any sales staff at to even ask about wheels at another LBS and 3rd LBS didn't know anything about wheels and suggested I come back another day when other [allegedly] more knowlegeable sales staff member would be there) I sent an email to WB outlining my speccs, budget and proposed application. A reply came back the next day outlining a few different options. A couple more emails were exchanged with me confirming colours of spokes and nipples and asking them to split the shipments so as not to attract the attention of Aus Customs (because wheelset value was over $1000) which they were happy to do.

First wheel was shipped on 11/10 (Fed-Ex tracking number emailed to me by WB) and delivered to my front door on 16/10. Wheel is exactly to the spec that we discussed. Ordered 2nd wheel this morning, I expect it will show up early next week.

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:39 am

My other wheel from Wheelbuilder has just been delivered - 3 days ahead of schedule!
Kudos to Wheelbuilder and FedEx.
I can't even get parts from other areas within Australia that quickly

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:56 pm

Ross wrote:My other wheel from Wheelbuilder has just been delivered - 3 days ahead of schedule!
How was the postage cost? Every time I've been tempted to use them or Prowheelbuilder the postage quotes have been astronomical.