Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

jaseyjase

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:04 am

jaseyjase wrote:
jaseyjase wrote:Evans Cycles - Ordered about $160 worth of bits, jersey and parts

17/3 - ordered
18/3 - dispatched
1/4 - arrived, but sent the wrong jersey. fail
After a few quick emails, im getting an upgraded jersey free of charge.

I think thats a great outcome, bug thumbs up to EvansCycles

black4tress

Postby black4tress » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:37 am

Wiggle have always been pretty reliable in terms of delivery times and packaging items. Approx a week for goods to turn up.
Ordered 2 x cassettes from Wiggle last Tuesday....received them today. Bad news is theyve sent both in the incorrect raitos (although the box says the correct one).

Thats actually the first ever issue I've had with them over the last 3 years. Have sent them an email.......
[Centurion LeMans Single Speed] [BMC Fourstroke FS03]

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:08 pm

Cycling Express... Price match request. Submitted the online form Monday... Still waiting... Heard Christmas is coming too.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:23 pm

I received my Wiggle order today which was ordered the evening of Tuesday 25 March and despatched the following day, so 8-days in transit. This came with Wiggle's new courier. No doubt slower than with DHL but not outrageously so. Box was a little dented but intact, although the it was a touch small for the contents. So there's clearly been a deterioration in the service. I would have preferred Wiggle to raise the threshold for free delivery rather than using a worse courier service.

Rex

Postby Rex » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:33 pm

Was that with the free shipping option or with the $8 'priority' shipping option if that still exists?

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Rex wrote:Was that with the free shipping option or with the $8 'priority' shipping option if that still exists?
The free shipping option. I have never paid for delivery from Wiggle.

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:27 pm

biker jk wrote:I received my Wiggle order today which was ordered the evening of Tuesday 25 March and despatched the following day, so 8-days in transit. This came with Wiggle's new courier. No doubt slower than with DHL but not outrageously so. Box was a little dented but intact, although the it was a touch small for the contents. So there's clearly been a deterioration in the service. I would have preferred Wiggle to raise the threshold for free delivery rather than using a worse courier service.
Half your luck - after praising their service in February,I'm currently trying to hunt up a parcel that's had no updated tracking info for over two weeks. This is the first-ever Wiggle order I've placed that I haven't received within ten days tops. Placed my order on the 13th of March;listed as being dispatched on the 15th;listed as "routed to final destination" on the 18th;and nothing since.

Currently awaiting Wiggle to get back to me on it...
formerly the fat climber

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:21 pm

Was just about to pull the trigger on a heap of winter gear from Wiggle prior to reading all this. Looks like it won't be happening now. Their lost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:57 am

fil_farina wrote:Was just about to pull the trigger on a heap of winter gear from Wiggle prior to reading all this. Looks like it won't be happening now. Their lost.

I've been purchasing from Wiggle for about 3 years and have had no problems until my last 2 orders. The boxes have been opened (maybe at customs) and repaired poorly. The bike tubes have all been opened and not resealed - maybe a good place for drugs? The timing has also been poor - 3+ weeks but I don't buy anything that I need urgently now. Someone mentioned a change of courier. I can believe it.

CB

sav422

Postby sav422 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:49 am

I have spent at least $2000 in the last couple of years with wiggle, never had an issue, they always dispatch quickly and advise same. Aus post has lost 2 parcels recently, I advised wiggle, waited 25 business days (as per their ploicy) and then wiggle replaced the order. I think that is outstanding service from a big company on the other side of the world.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:59 am

sav422 wrote:I have spent at least $2000 in the last couple of years with wiggle, never had an issue, they always dispatch quickly and advise same. Aus post has lost 2 parcels recently, I advised wiggle, waited 25 business days (as per their ploicy) and then wiggle replaced the order. I think that is outstanding service from a big company on the other side of the world.
While it was good to see that Wiggle replaced your lost order there has been a deterioration in their shipping service of late due to a change in courier. I am a long term customer so have a pretty good idea of the average shipping time to my address, along with the condition of the packaging.

Dave R32

Postby Dave R32 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:24 am

My first experience with the "new Wiggle" Belgium based courier/warehouse. Ordered on 24/03 (AT) 9.42am. Selected the priority despatch option of $7.54. Arrived today 04/04. So that's 10 days.....used to be 5 or 6.

Cheers
Dave.
Avanti Vivace = Sold | Trek Madone = Cracked | '12 Caad10 = Sold | Pinarello SDG3K | '14 Caad10 & Bianchi Pista

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:53 am

Whilst I'm not laying the blame as such directly at Wiggle's feet for my long-awaited parcel (still no info since 18th March),I must say their response to me thus far has been pathetic. A system-generated reply stating they'll be in touch "withing 48 hours" is the sole communication I've had in the 5 days since I first messaged.

Even if they'd simply replied saying it may be held up in customs somewhere (fair enough) would be better than ignoring me.

Pity,as up until this particular order,I'd have ranked Wiggle number one for delivery and customer service response times.
formerly the fat climber

Walastik

Postby Walastik » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:23 pm

So I'm one of the unlucky one who still hasn't receive their order from Wiggle. Ordered 21/03, Processed and sent 22/03 as per their email. Still no sign. Sent them an email and waiting for any response. If this will be the standard delivery time for Wiggle, then this will be my last order to them.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:43 pm

I have emailed Wiggle complaining about their new courier service with hub in Belgium. I suggest others do the same.

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:05 pm

Can't believe they've gone from excellent service to utter crap so quickly. All just to save a $. They've lost me and countless others by the looks. Poor form Wiggle.

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:31 pm

Well Wiggle FINALLY replied to my initial email (as opposed to my follow-up email),and basically said "just wait a little longer". Which would have been an acceptable reply IF it was sent within their 48 hour period. Frustrating.

Though there is a light at the end of the tunnel - tracking info updated this afternoon has my parcel arriving in Australia today! Woo hoo hey.
So with luck I'll have it by Tuesday next week at the latest,only one full week past their expected delivery date,and two full weeks longer transit time than the previous similar-sized parcel I bought from them.

Hopefully these longer times are merely teething problems changing couriers and not the new norm.
formerly the fat climber

nirismo

Postby nirismo » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:05 pm

the fat climber wrote:Well Wiggle FINALLY replied to my initial email (as opposed to my follow-up email),and basically said "just wait a little longer". Which would have been an acceptable reply IF it was sent within their 48 hour period. Frustrating.
Wiggle's online chat is now available if you need to ask them anything. I ordered some stuff last Friday and just chatted with them to see if any tracking was available. They just told me to remain patient and that it should arrive sometime next week (no promises). According to their estimated delivery times it should arrive Thursday next week.

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:28 pm

nirismo wrote: Wiggle's online chat is now available if you need to ask them anything.
You know,I never even thought of that. :oops: :?
formerly the fat climber

black4tress

Postby black4tress » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:51 pm

the fat climber wrote:
nirismo wrote: Wiggle's online chat is now available if you need to ask them anything.
You know,I never even thought of that. :oops: :?
Same here...but I have just contacted them online and so far so good.
[Centurion LeMans Single Speed] [BMC Fourstroke FS03]

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:34 am

Wiggle (and the other large UK online bike shops) would have hundreds or possibly even thousands of orders going out all around the world, all day, every day. Not to mention the thousands of emails they must receive every day, so I'm sure they are doing the best they can to anwer them as fast as they can.

You have to remember that once the parcel leaves Wiggle they have no control over it. So if it gets caught in customs or the courier is slow at delivering it it is not their fault. A lot of the time slow deliveries are the fault of the Australian postal system. I've ordered parts before and it's taken only a couple of days to get to Australia and then more than a week to actually get delivered to me.

If you want something urgently then buy it at your LBS and pay the the premium price for this convenience. If you want the cheap price then be a bit patient and accept it may take a couple of weeks or so to be delivered.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:51 pm

Good transaction with Cycling Express. I've been looking for a basic and relatively light trainer to take on the plane interstate for races. Trainer I had my eyes on was subsequently listed in a recent CE newsletter drastically marked down compared to all the other usual sites I'd been looking. A few days later they had a 10% off code so the Minoura B60-D was even now just under the free shipping threshold!

Ordered late Friday 28th March including one Honey stinger gel to get me back over $99. 8)

Trainer arrived last Thursday minus the gel. Surprised by the size of the box that arrived on Friday; had me wondering what else I may have ordered and forgot about... Ended up being my one gel. :lol:

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:49 pm

Ross wrote:Wiggle (and the other large UK online bike shops) would have hundreds or possibly even thousands of orders going out all around the world, all day, every day. Not to mention the thousands of emails they must receive every day, so I'm sure they are doing the best they can to anwer them as fast as they can.

You have to remember that once the parcel leaves Wiggle they have no control over it. So if it gets caught in customs or the courier is slow at delivering it it is not their fault. A lot of the time slow deliveries are the fault of the Australian postal system. I've ordered parts before and it's taken only a couple of days to get to Australia and then more than a week to actually get delivered to me.

If you want something urgently then buy it at your LBS and pay the the premium price for this convenience. If you want the cheap price then be a bit patient and accept it may take a couple of weeks or so to be delivered.
Well thanks for teaching us how to suck eggs. Oddly enough,I get all that...if you read my posts in this thread you'd have noted I acknowledge customs delays certainly could have been an issue. My main complaints centre on 1,that it should not take 5 full days for an email reply when they state 48hours (yes,they do have a lot blah blah blah - like I said,I get that. I'm not 100% stupid just yet);and 2,that,under previous courier/s,I received a very similar package withing 10 days flat of payment. This time it's going to be 28 days. Surely that's a deterioration in customer service? Paid for the same postage options both times.

Also,Aus Post can't do a thing until it's in this country and in their system - which they were only too happy to let me know when that was indeed the case.

I also acknowledged that it's completely possible these extra long delivery times several of us seem to be experiencing may simply be teething problems changing couriers. If in a few months delivery times are back to normal then I'm sure we'll all be happy. :)
formerly the fat climber

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:06 pm

biker jk wrote:I have emailed Wiggle complaining about their new courier service with hub in Belgium. I suggest others do the same.
Probikekit has the same. 3 weeks for a tracked paid shipping item NOT HAPPY. I can get stuff out of france in 6 days. Why from Belgium which is next door to france takes 3 weeks...
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:47 pm

Anyone ever dealt with Mountain Bikes Direct?

Looking at buying a Jetblack Fluid Trainer from them. Best price I can find.