Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

biker jk

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby biker jk » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:55 pm

Of course I just had my Pushys item delivered. :lol: Not bad delivery time from Brisbane. Still, it would be nice to receive an email when dispatching.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:09 pm

biker jk wrote:Of course I just had my Pushys item delivered. :lol: Not bad delivery time from Brisbane. Still, it would be nice to receive an email when dispatching.
Agreed.

Of all Couriers Please deliveries, the driver always sms me before he is on his way. But today is the first time I haven`t received an sms.
Might be the new driver. :(
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

cev

Postby cev » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:07 pm

Ordered a set of wheels from Corima Oz 4 weeks ago. Still not received and no contact.
This is what their website boasts -

Delivery times are estimated 5-7 working days
Enter your credit card details. Please note that your credit card will not be charged until time of despatch.
If we are out of stock of the item you ordered, please don't worry, your credit card has not been charged and a customer service agent will be in contact with you via phone or email.
If you have any question please email us on - info@corima.com.au

After 10 days I rang them and left a detailed message. My call was never returned! I then emailed them and received no reply!
After about 2 weeks rang them again and got to talk to someone that promised someone would ring me - never received a call back! I Rang them again and talked to someone else that just got me off the phone as quick as they could without answering any of my questions.
I Rang back a few days later and expressed my frustrations and G promised to ring me the coming Monday with an update. Quote - "I swear 100% I will ring you on Monday morning" No surprise I never received that phone call!
I rang again and was told good news they will be here next Tuesday and we'll get them out to you ASAP. Not holding my breath and surprise, surprise the wheels have still not been sent and I have received no phone calls, no emails, nothing.
I am well and truly over this now and don't care if they arrive or not at the moment.

Is it any wonder with service like this that people do their shopping overseas. I could have done the same and saved money even with import duties and tax but thought I would support an Australian business.

CV.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:31 pm

cev wrote:Ordered a set of wheels from Corima Oz 4 weeks ago. Still not received and no contact.
This is what their website boasts -

Delivery times are estimated 5-7 working days
Enter your credit card details. Please note that your credit card will not be charged until time of despatch.
If we are out of stock of the item you ordered, please don't worry, your credit card has not been charged and a customer service agent will be in contact with you via phone or email.
If you have any question please email us on - info@corima.com.au

After 10 days I rang them and left a detailed message. My call was never returned! I then emailed them and received no reply!
After about 2 weeks rang them again and got to talk to someone that promised someone would ring me - never received a call back! I Rang them again and talked to someone else that just got me off the phone as quick as they could without answering any of my questions.
I Rang back a few days later and expressed my frustrations and G promised to ring me the coming Monday with an update. Quote - "I swear 100% I will ring you on Monday morning" No surprise I never received that phone call!
I rang again and was told good news they will be here next Tuesday and we'll get them out to you ASAP. Not holding my breath and surprise, surprise the wheels have still not been sent and I have received no phone calls, no emails, nothing.
I am well and truly over this now and don't care if they arrive or not at the moment.

Is it any wonder with service like this that people do their shopping overseas. I could have done the same and saved money even with import duties and tax but thought I would support an Australian business.

CV.
If your credit card is yet to be charged why don't you cancel the order. Looks like the Australian distributor is Pursuit Sports, ph: 02 9565 4494. Is that the number you have been calling?

cev

Postby cev » Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:45 pm

That's the number. Also go by the name of continental oceania.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:16 pm

cev wrote:That's the number. Also go by the name of continental oceania.
Previously know as Continental Oceania. They now distribute Rudy Project sunglasses, Continental Tyres and Corima wheels. The latter quite badly by the sound of it.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:55 pm

Order from Wiggle last Friday 4.00pm. Bits and pieces. Arrived today am.
Order from Rapha last Friday 4.03pm. Bits and pieces. Arrived Tuesday am.

billy70

Postby billy70 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:15 pm

Ordered from Wiggle and Ribble on Sat 21 March. Wiggle delivered on Fri 27th (didn't take note if this was ex-UK or local), no sign of Ribble yet ...

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:22 pm

Warranty Issue on a pair of shoes that i bought from Evan Cycles.

24/3 Sent shoes back to Evans in the UK
30/3 confirmed delivered via Auspost tracking
1/4 Email from Evans confirming shoes have been inspected and indeed a warranty replacement
7/4 Replacement shoes arrived

Im pretty happy with that service being my first warranty issue with an over seas company.

Still sorting out refunding of postage because ive exchanged shoes that are technically more expensive and i had bought the shoes during a sale, but nothing im too concerned about.

Thumbs up for Evans

rusty842

Postby rusty842 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:45 pm

One thing I noticed. I purchased some dhb wind block shirts from wiggle. On sale for 30-40 each.

Went to return as not quite what I wanted and slightly too small. Only option was a refund and it would cost me $15 and postage . All the other options were blocked out. Wasn't too happy about that.

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:20 pm

rusty842 wrote:One thing I noticed. I purchased some dhb wind block shirts from wiggle. On sale for 30-40 each.

Went to return as not quite what I wanted and slightly too small. Only option was a refund and it would cost me $15 and postage . All the other options were blocked out. Wasn't too happy about that.
I returned some shoes last year to Wiggle,used the Oz returns address. The website said there would be a $15 charge deducted from my refund,but it never happened - they simply refunded in full when the shoes arrived in England.
formerly the fat climber

billy70

Postby billy70 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:14 am

billy70 wrote:Ordered from Wiggle and Ribble on Sat 21 March. Wiggle delivered on Fri 27th (didn't take note if this was ex-UK or local), no sign of Ribble yet ...
Ribble order arrived yesterday ... Effectively 5 business days later which is ok in my book.

defy1

Postby defy1 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:27 pm

What do you usually do when a delivery is "lost" by Auspost?

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:41 pm

defy1 wrote:What do you usually do when a delivery is "lost" by Auspost?
Take it up with the vendor - it's their responsibility to get whatever you've bought to you. Fixing a mistake by their supplier isn't your problem, it's the vendor's.

If the vendor refuses to help, threaten to lodge a chargeback with your credit card company. If that doesn't get them moving, lodge the chargeback.

rusty842

Postby rusty842 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:04 pm

Ordered two separate orders from wiggle.

First one 27th March
Second 1st April

Both arrived today by same delivery driver.

Seems strange but meh.

schroeds

Postby schroeds » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:54 pm

here's a bad one: Shiny Bikes...AVOID!!!

I'd heard they often took orders (and money) for stock they dind't have, then keep people waiting for ever then were tardy returning money.

So I contacted them to check they had my Campagnolo wheels in stock, immediate response was yes, and we can ship tomorrow,. Great, pulled the trigger.

A month passes, a few emails from me asking about tracking numbers, never any response. By this time I've sold my old wheels and am on horrible borrowed ones..oh the humiliation!! :oops:

Finally get a mate in the UK to call them and the guy there (a one man band i think) says they're not in stock and there's a strike at the Campy factory so he doesn't know when he can get them.

Either he was lying at the start, or he is now. Probably at the start it seems as Google says there is indeed a strike at Campy.

I email and ask for the order to be cancelled and PayPal to be reversed. He agrees but nothing happens. Nothing's still happened despite numerous requests.

Now i guess i go through a PayPal claim. Bugger what a bloody hassle, and i need the money. Has anybody else been through that process at all?

So anyway, all all costs AVOID Shinybikes and if you don't believe me,check this out

https://au.trustpilot.com/review/www.shinybikes.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not so much a cyclist...more of a sit down comedian

defy1

Postby defy1 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:28 pm

Not much luck recently..
A Pushys and a Wiggle order, made 30th and 28th respectivey.
Wiggle one still hasn't arrived, Pushys one says delivered but I haven't received it.

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:23 pm

Here's my first bad experience with Wiggle. I post it so that others may learn from it.

Ordered an item from Wiggle that I thought was lost somewhere in the house. It turned up 2 hours after I had ordered another one but the Wiggle site said the order had already been completed. I was told I could return the item.
Item arrived today with a special note inside the package about return items (strange). The deal is that I post the item to the Australian address (Alexandria in Sydney) and they send it back OS. I incur a charge of $15 from Wiggle and the postage of the item to Sydney was $11.70.
This is a $70 item and all the way along I was thinking I should pull the pin and try to sell it on this site. Still don't know if I made the right decision.

CB

RonK

Postby RonK » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:15 am

celeste boy wrote:Here's my first bad experience with Wiggle. I post it so that others may learn from it.

Ordered an item from Wiggle that I thought was lost somewhere in the house. It turned up 2 hours after I had ordered another one but the Wiggle site said the order had already been completed.
Hang on - you stuffed up an order but it's a bad experience with Wiggle?
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:31 am

Not blaming wiggle but turned out to be a bad experience for me.

Cb

Scott2468

Postby Scott2468 » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:32 am

celeste boy wrote:Not blaming wiggle but turned out to be a bad experience for me.

Cb
Slightly different reason why I stuff on line shopping.

Friday night, after the weekly BBQ ritual, feeling good, feeling no pain, never, never jump on Wiggle.

cage

Postby cage » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:59 pm

celeste boy wrote:Here's my first bad experience with Wiggle. I post it so that others may learn from it.

Ordered an item from Wiggle that I thought was lost somewhere in the house. It turned up 2 hours after I had ordered another one but the Wiggle site said the order had already been completed. I was told I could return the item.
Item arrived today with a special note inside the package about return items (strange). The deal is that I post the item to the Australian address (Alexandria in Sydney) and they send it back OS. I incur a charge of $15 from Wiggle and the postage of the item to Sydney was $11.70.
This is a $70 item and all the way along I was thinking I should pull the pin and try to sell it on this site. Still don't know if I made the right decision.

CB
Some thing doesn't smell right there. They told you the order was completed, not shipped, & they had time to include return details. :shock:
Seems to me you still should have been able to cancel the order before they shipped it.
If drivers and riders spent more time worrying about their responsibilities than their rights then roads would be far safer.

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Don't they include return details (the .au address) with all orders now?

cage

Postby cage » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:09 pm

I've never received any. My last order was about a month ago, but I guess its possible things may have changed since then.
If drivers and riders spent more time worrying about their responsibilities than their rights then roads would be far safer.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:55 pm

I had an order turn up today. Will check it and let you know
tapatalk for Windows Phone. For when you want it done right