Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

jaseyjase

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:53 pm

Bikebug - a pair of bidons.

22/12 - Ordered at 1pm (perth time)
23/12 - Arrived in store a bit before 12pm (perth subi store)

So thats less than 24 hrs, east to west. Bloody Ripper.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:59 pm

biker jk wrote:
fat and old wrote:Good....wiggle order delivered in three days. Bad...DHB jersey sizing akin to Castelli :cry: :lol:
Are you saying that the listed DHB jersey sizes (chest, waist, etc.) are not accurately reflected in the actual jersey?
No. I have no idea if they match as I've not bothered to measure. What I'm saying is the body of the jersey fits like a castelli.....as in very tight for its nominated size. Interesting that the sleeves are very loose; a true 2x. fwiw, in my experience with fat guy tops the order goes (smallest to largest)

Castelli 3x
DHB 2x
Cuore 1x
Babici 1x
Santini 2x
Post 2015 Rapha Classic 1x (and terrible pocket access)
Pre 2015 Rapha Classic 1x
Le Coq 1x
Adidas 1x
Aldi 1x
Le Coq 2x

Needless to say right now the Aldi and Le Coq are my go to's

filipw

Postby filipw » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:53 pm

Tacx neo from pushys - ordered 21/12 - arrived 23/12, just in time fro Christmas. This did however force me to tell my wife about my Christmas gift to myself. :oops:

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:01 pm

I recently made my first purchase from Brown Jersey Independent Bikes.
I was chasing a flat handlebar, and they were one of the few places that had what I was after.
On the 18th December, I made an enquiry about the product.
On the 22nd I received a reply, with an apology for the delay.
On 23rd I made my order.
On 3rd January, I received an email saying the bar was on its way.
Arrived today (6th Jan).
So, things were slow around Christmas, which I understand, but they communicated well and I am very happy with the bar.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:22 pm

Terrible service from Cell Bikes. I ordered online yesterday since I needed the part today and Cell state that if you order before 11am it will be ready for pickup from the store after 2pm. The item I ordered was in stock. Cell email you when the order is ready for pickup. Today, no email. So I call Cell to learn that the order isn't ready because the item has to be shipped from Shimano even though Cell say the item is in stock on their website. I'm cancelling the order and will never order from Cell again.

jdh500

Postby jdh500 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:51 pm

The two orders I've placed with cell bikes in the past were completed without an issue. Shipped and delivered as stated. I think for anything really urgent I'd probably call the store to confirm availability etc.

JDH

cjrich

Postby cjrich » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:41 am

The Bicycle Store - my first and last order.
Ordered 7 different items just prior to Christmas as they had some great discounts. 5 items received OK, but no prior mention of 2 backordered items until I received the 5 items accompanied by an apology note with $10 voucher (minimum spend required of course). Contacted the store and asked for refund of backordered items, was told they had shipped that day, ok. Received second shipment, still missing one item. Again asked for refund of missing item, no response to date.
Very unhappy, no more of my money going to this store.
CJ
- 2015 Cervelo R3
- 2013 Cannondale CAAD 8
- 2019 Marin Rift Zone 3

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:28 pm

jdh500 wrote:The two orders I've placed with cell bikes in the past were completed without an issue. Shipped and delivered as stated. I think for anything really urgent I'd probably call the store to confirm availability etc.

JDH
Then Cell should say "call to confirm stock" rather than "in stock" for items not at its warehouse.

LG

Postby LG » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:32 pm

Chainreaction
Ordered 19/12/16
Tracking indicates it arrived in Australia on 23/12/16
Still awaiting delivery
Tracking is through 'Skynet worldwide', not an impressive speed even given the time of year.
LG = Low Gear

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:49 am

waiting on a wiggle order that was dispatched 23rd Dec ..... NZ postal service is very efficient compared to Australia so dont know what is going on with this order.... no tracking is a pain
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:14 am

cancan64 wrote:waiting on a wiggle order that was dispatched 23rd Dec ..... NZ postal service is very efficient compared to Australia so dont know what is going on with this order.... no tracking is a pain
I thought Wiggle provides tracking even on the free postage option?

Ant_S

Postby Ant_S » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:45 am

Ordered handlebars from Wiggle 11.45am Fri 6/1. Got home at 5.30pm, realised I'd ordered wrong width, managed to Cancel since the order hadn't been processed yet. So a bit slow to process but good for me! They didn't have the size I wanted in stock so I went looking online...

Found the handlebars at Ribble, price was 24c more than Wiggle incl. post. Ordered Fri 6/1 ~6.00pm. Despatched Mon 9/1, no tracking on cheap post option.

Ordered 2 x Tyres & Tubes from Chain Reaction Cycles ~2.30pm Fri 6/1. Despatched Mon 9/1 with tracking on cheap post.

So got two orders en route, c r c & Ribble, received despatch notifications within an hour of each other, so its an interesting test to see which comes first!

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Wiggle tracking is useless in Aus. Don`t know of NZ.

Status check is the same as last year and haven`t been updated yet. And it`s still at year 0001 in the stone age era.

Ordered on NYE from Wiggle Au site, despatched from UK on 2nd and received it last Friday 6th.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:44 pm

biker jk wrote:
jdh500 wrote:The two orders I've placed with cell bikes in the past were completed without an issue. Shipped and delivered as stated. I think for anything really urgent I'd probably call the store to confirm availability etc.

JDH
Then Cell should say "call to confirm stock" rather than "in stock" for items not at its warehouse.
Hi bike jk, I'd like to apologise for our poor service in this case. I'm meeting with senior staff to avoid this in the future. Everyone's feedback helps us identify areas to improve and issues we need to be aware of. Without you, there is no us.

If anyone needs anything urgent, please email me directly mark@this link is broken and I will always do my best to have you jump the queue as BNA members are our most loyal and appreciated customers. Everyone is important....but yes, email me, and you guys jump the queue, haha.

-website Manager Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:56 pm

Just keep away from Merlin Cycles - appalling customer service; making assumptions that somehow providing a mismatched, 2 brake solution in differing colours, was acceptable. Then hanging onto your cash for several weeks because they stuffed up by sending goods before there was an agreed solution. The alternative to asking for a refund was not to have the brakes for several weeks (near 3 months) with no guarantee I'd end up with a satisfactory solution.

This is the first time in 10 years of ordering from overseas I have had such poor treatment. I'll continue ordering from overseas but never again with Merlin.

LG

Postby LG » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:25 pm

LG wrote:Chainreaction
Ordered 19/12/16
Tracking indicates it arrived in Australia on 23/12/16
Still awaiting delivery
Tracking is through 'Skynet worldwide', not an impressive speed even given the time of year.
Package arrived today, box was squashed with a hole in it. Took a photo before opening, but thankfully everything was still inside and none of the items were breakable.
LG = Low Gear

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:24 am

I found the tracking for my Wiggle order. NZ post tried delivering it twice but both on the same day and 26min apart so have sent it back to Wiggle. Dont know what happens now but have emailed Wiggle
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

Ant_S

Postby Ant_S » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:11 pm

Well further to my post from earlier - My Chain Reaction tyre & tube order despatched Mon 9/1 & I received it Fri 13/1 so basically 1 working week.

My Ribble order that was also despatched on Mon 9/1 hasn't arrived as yet. So maybe more like 2 working weeks. Having said that, I just ordered something today from Ribble again as their price was best haha

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:50 pm

Wiggle v. Evans Cycles

Wiggle: Shipped Jan 12, received Jan 17

Evans Cycles: Shipped Jan 4, received Jan 20.

Evans was 12 working days and they advise 10-12 working days, so while within advertised speed it's pretty slow. Moreover, I paid for postage and there was no tracking. Prices including postage were well below Wiggle for my purchase but shipping lets them down.

Defy The Odds

Postby Defy The Odds » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:24 am

CELL Bikes wrote:
biker jk wrote:

JDH
Hi bike jk, I'd like to apologise for our poor service in this case. I'm meeting with senior staff to avoid this in the future. Everyone's feedback helps us identify areas to improve and issues we need to be aware of. Without you, there is no us.

If anyone needs anything urgent, please email me directly mark@this link is broken and I will always do my best to have you jump the queue as BNA members are our most loyal and appreciated customers. Everyone is important....but yes, email me, and you guys jump the queue, haha.

-website Manager Mark
Kudos for jumping in to rectify the situation - good example of customer service right there. And no, I am not affiliated

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:44 am

biker jk wrote:Wiggle v. Evans Cycles

Evans was 12 working days and they advise 10-12 working days, so while within advertised speed it's pretty slow. Moreover, I paid for postage and there was no tracking. Prices including postage were well below Wiggle for my purchase but shipping lets them down.
I've ordered 3 or 4 times from Evans over the last year or two, the most recent being last week. On each occasion I've been impressed by their delivery service because it was tracked and I received the goods within 3 or 4 days from placing the order. My impression is that they are the best on delivery.

I generally don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks from the other retailers so where price isn't the difference, I go with Evans for their delivery. It's a funny world! I've just had a very bad customer service experience with Merlin and won't ever use them again but probably someone will be along to tell me how they have been the best.

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:46 am

Top_Bhoy wrote:It's a funny world! I've just had a very bad customer service experience with Merlin and won't ever use them again but probably someone will be along to tell me how they have been the best.
Yep :)
Recently received a new pair of RS81 wheels within 8 working days, in perfect condition, ordered between Xmas and New Year's. Not bad.
Been buying from them for about 4 years, no problem.
Price on wheels was considerably cheaper, at least $40.00, than Wiggle, Chain Reaction, Ribble, Evans etc.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:16 am

Top_Bhoy wrote:
biker jk wrote:Wiggle v. Evans Cycles

I've ordered 3 or 4 times from Evans over the last year or two, the most recent being last week. On each occasion I've been impressed by their delivery service because it was tracked and I received the goods within 3 or 4 days from placing the order. My impression is that they are the best on delivery.

I generally don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks from the other retailers so where price isn't the difference, I go with Evans for their delivery. It's a funny world! I've just had a very bad customer service experience with Merlin and won't ever use them again but probably someone will be along to tell me how they have been the best.
Did you pay extra for expedited shipping from Evans? I paid for standard postage which doesn't have tracking and takes 10-12 working days according to Evans.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:20 am

Tim wrote:
Top_Bhoy wrote:It's a funny world! I've just had a very bad customer service experience with Merlin and won't ever use them again but probably someone will be along to tell me how they have been the best.
Yep :)
Recently received a new pair of RS81 wheels within 8 working days, in perfect condition, ordered between Xmas and New Year's. Not bad.
Been buying from them for about 4 years, no problem.
Price on wheels was considerably cheaper, at least $40.00, than Wiggle, Chain Reaction, Ribble, Evans etc.
Evans classes wheels as bulky items and charges GBP70 for delivery by DHL which includes tracking. That is not their standard delivery method.

Tim

Postby Tim » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:39 pm

biker jk wrote:Evans classes wheels as bulky items and charges GBP70 for delivery by DHL which includes tracking. That is not their standard delivery method.
No freight charged by Merlin but the tracking was useless.
The first I knew of the wheels landing in Australia was a phone call from the local Postmaster.