Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

squeakywheel

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby squeakywheel » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:43 am

Pushys, ordered some stuff on Monday, changed the order over the phone Tuesday morning. Posted Tuesday afternoon and arrived on Wednesday morning. From Brisbane to Sydney over night!

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:34 am

Tzantushka wrote:Well I guess I should have read the feedback about Chain Reaction Cycles...

Their website promises delivery of 4-8 working days for Royal Mail (free shipping)
Ordered some pedals & cleats (ex-stock).
Shipped at the beginning of this month with no tracking facility on the package.
Nothing.
Sent an email to follow-up, and was told to wait 15 days, submit some paperwork and we will send some more.

OK, if I would have known it MAY take up to 15 days for delivery - then I would have ordered elsewhere / or paid for an express service.
For gods sake, don't promise one thing and deliver another!

And tracking! Why not offer tracking?!?!
It's not that expensive and gives buyer and seller peace of mind.
I think they mean 4-8 days in the UK I have never received anything from surface mail in the uk quicker than 2 weeks. It normally takes 4 weeks from c r c to Brisbane.

squeakywheel

Postby squeakywheel » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:52 am

Tzantushka wrote:
Well I guess I should have read the feedback about Chain Reaction Cycles...

Their website promises delivery of 4-8 working days for Royal Mail (free shipping)
Ordered some pedals & cleats (ex-stock).
Shipped at the beginning of this month with no tracking facility on the package.
Nothing.
Sent an email to follow-up, and was told to wait 15 days, submit some paperwork and we will send some more.

OK, if I would have known it MAY take up to 15 days for delivery - then I would have ordered elsewhere / or paid for an express service.
For gods sake, don't promise one thing and deliver another!

And tracking! Why not offer tracking?!?!
It's not that expensive and gives buyer and seller peace of mind.
I've always had fairly quick results with c r c (I live in Sydney). Lately on occasion they've been offering free shipping on everything. I've noticed that when I've bought something with the free shipping it's taken almost three weeks, so maybe they have a 'tier' system going.

wgc138

Postby wgc138 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:46 am

Made two orders one after another last week with c r c, first one was sent with DHL and second with normal air. Quite suprised when they sent me the DHL tracking code knowing I didn't pay for it, had to double check everything just in case.

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:59 am

I have recently made two purchases with bikebug.com.au

Both arrived within 2 days, great pricing and products.

Highly recommended
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:42 pm

bianchi928 wrote:I have recently made two purchases with bikebug.com.au

Both arrived within 2 days, great pricing and products.

Highly recommended

+ a billion

24/9 - ordered and paid
25/9 - dispatched
26/9 - arrived

Considering this is East coast to West coast, thats damn impressive. Shipped via Toll couriers it seems.

will buy again and has become my default online store.

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Very happy with my new Dengfu carbon frameset. Pretty painless choosing, designing and ordering process. Ordered 5 September, shipped on the 19th (waiting time was for custom paint job) and received on the 25th. Built and test ridden on the 26th :)

piggywiggy

Postby piggywiggy » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:10 am

Emailed Merlin sales department, been 3 weeks and nothing here.

" The order was sent via Royal Mail airmail which doesn’t have a tracking service so we can’t chase it up and it can take around 3-4 weeks sometimes for orders to get to Australia in isolated cases. If we can ask if it is possible for you to wait a one more week and if it is not arrived by next Friday let us know and we will advise further whether we can resend or refund."

Got baited by their 5-10 working day shipping :cry:

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:42 pm

Purchased some new chainrings from eBay vendor trailthis. Good price and shipped to me via FedEx from USA in less than week.

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:26 pm

Undoubtedly there'll be some here relieved to know that my latest c r c order took three full weeks to arrive. Dang...Ah well,I had a good run.
formerly the fat climber

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:43 pm

the fat climber wrote:Undoubtedly there'll be some here relieved to know that my latest c r c order took three full weeks to arrive. Dang...Ah well,I had a good run.
see how my order goes ordered just over a week ago.

Tzantushka

Postby Tzantushka » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:01 pm

squeakywheel wrote: I've always had fairly quick results with c r c (I live in Sydney). Lately on occasion they've been offering free shipping on everything. I've noticed that when I've bought something with the free shipping it's taken almost three weeks, so maybe they have a 'tier' system going.
Spot on.
With the 'free' shipping the items arrived after 3.5 weeks (TNT mail).
Everything was in stock, packed well and arrived safe.
But will keep in mind the lead-time for next time.
Dragster1 wrote: I think they mean 4-8 days in the UK I have never received anything from surface mail in the uk quicker than 2 weeks. It normally takes 4 weeks from c r c to Brisbane.
That's the confusing part.
The particular webpage mentions Australian shipping in Australian currencies etc.
I've ordered car parts from the UK and they have arrived in 9 calendar days.

I'm new to ordering bike stuff over the interwebs - so still getting a feel for what's normal :)

Tank1252

Postby Tank1252 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:55 pm

Exactly 24 hours door to door for my latest Bikebug order. I'm not exactly situated in a major centre either. Awesome service.

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:37 am

Tzantushka wrote:
I'm new to ordering bike stuff over the interwebs - so still getting a feel for what's normal :)
Normal? :lol:

Changes by the week from the UK. Up until my last two orders,c r c was averaging a week flat for me,whereas most here were getting two-three weeks minimum. PBK usually take between two and three weeks,even up to a month,yet I got an order from them last month in seven days.
formerly the fat climber

marvin le rouge

6m and a paypal refund - then it turns up

Postby marvin le rouge » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:43 pm

OK - so I ordered chain rings from some obscure place in the US.

Didn't arrive after 3months so paypal gave me my money back. Immediately, I bought the same chain rings with the refund money from Universal Cycles, which arrived in a couple of weeks, as expected.

So, 6m later, the chainrings turn up! Been via Brazil. Must have been a USPS snafu.

Anyway, what to do?

I am thinking I might advertise them second hand and then refund the money to the original seller.

Anyone want some Ultegra 6500 9 speed 53/39 chain rings new unopened? Cost me $66 USD!

singlespeedscott

Re: 6m and a paypal refund - then it turns up

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:09 pm

marvin le rouge wrote:OK - so I ordered chain rings from some obscure place in the US.

Didn't arrive after 3months so paypal gave me my money back. Immediately, I bought the same chain rings with the refund money from Universal Cycles, which arrived in a couple of weeks, as expected.

So, 6m later, the chainrings turn up! Been via Brazil. Must have been a USPS snafu.

Anyway, what to do?

I am thinking I might advertise them second hand and then refund the money to the original seller.

Anyone want some Ultegra 6500 9 speed 53/39 chain rings new unopened? Cost me $66 USD!
Just keep them a spares. Wasting 3 months of my time is enough for me not to send them back.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:02 pm

Rapha - pair of bib shorts and some socks

1/10 - ordered
2/10 - dispatched
6/10 - arrived

happy happy.

SheikYerbouti

Postby SheikYerbouti » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:52 am

Just had the best c r c experience ever.
Ordered a bunch of kit late Monday night in the free shipping period (1 stem, 1 cassette, 2 chains, 1 High5 pack).
Was delivered 5 minutes ago – that's 3.5 days from ordering to delivery.

cage

Postby cage » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:40 pm

Similar experience with Wiggle.au on some Syntace bars.

Placed order Monday 8.20pm
Received Today 1.45pm.

Box was a bit big but... :lol:
If drivers and riders spent more time worrying about their responsibilities than their rights then roads would be far safer.

Tzantushka

Postby Tzantushka » Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:22 pm

cage wrote:Similar experience with Wiggle.au on some Syntace bars.
Yeah, but they were shipped by DHL!
Did you specify & pay for that - or was that a freebie 'upgrade' from the Wiggle shipping dept?

cage

Postby cage » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:03 pm

It was DHL but I didn't ask for that or pay any extra.

I don't think i've ever been in that much of a hurry for a part to pay extra for shipping...I always order from the AU site, not the UK and most items still take around two weeks, give or take, so don't know why this was so quick...certainly not complaining. :D
If drivers and riders spent more time worrying about their responsibilities than their rights then roads would be far safer.

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:43 pm

Placed an order with Wiggle tonight,for the first time in a few months.Hoping for similar awesome service. :wink:

Going back a few years,when I first ordered from PBK (circa 2007 I think),I used to place my orders on the Thursday and they'd be in my hands the following Tuesday - even,on occasion,the Monday. :shock: Big,big difference to how PBK work now!
formerly the fat climber

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:41 am

I think you are expecting too much for the $6.50 that PBK charge for postage. Try going down to your LPO (local Post Office) sometime and see what $6.50 gets you. Probably lucky to be able to send a spare tube from Sydney to Canmberra, let alone half a bike from UK to Australia.

For others that are complaining about c r c or other online suppliers taking too long to ship you need to remember tthat once the item/s have been shipped and left the warehouse it is out of their control, it is up to the postal service or courier service. And it's not neccessarily UK post that is delaying things, often it can be Aus Post. Remember too that c r c only charge $10 for standard postage and are probably losing money on bulky or heavy items. If you want it in a hurry pay the $25 for DHL or buy your parts from LBS (and pay double the price).

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:21 pm

Ross wrote:I think you are expecting too much for the $6.50 that PBK charge for postage. Try going down to your LPO (local Post Office) sometime and see what $6.50 gets you. Probably lucky to be able to send a spare tube from Sydney to Canmberra, let alone half a bike from UK to Australia.

For others that are complaining about c r c or other online suppliers taking too long to ship you need to remember tthat once the item/s have been shipped and left the warehouse it is out of their control, it is up to the postal service or courier service. And it's not neccessarily UK post that is delaying things, often it can be Aus Post. Remember too that c r c only charge $10 for standard postage and are probably losing money on bulky or heavy items. If you want it in a hurry pay the $25 for DHL or buy your parts from LBS (and pay double the price).
I agree Ross, we can't judge online suppliers by the speed of the postal service (unless they choose to use a courier). My latest c r c order took 26 days to get here, and some people report less than a week. If the item is posted the same or next day, I don't think you can judge a company harshly if the package is tied up in customs or misplaced on the journey to your address.

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:34 pm

Ross wrote:I think you are expecting too much for the $6.50 that PBK charge for postage. Try going down to your LPO (local Post Office) sometime and see what $6.50 gets you. Probably lucky to be able to send a spare tube from Sydney to Canmberra, let alone half a bike from UK to Australia.
If that's directed at me,I'm commenting as opposed to complaining. There is a difference...
formerly the fat climber