Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

softy

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby softy » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:39 pm

Yep, it's heaps better than the LBS. You know, paying up front, sending your money off-shore, then proceeding to wait five weeks for your product to arrive in order to save a few dollars - literally a few dollars if we're talking about buying water bottles. And then when your water bottles don't show up, it's a case of send an email, wait, wait, wait, wait and then rinse and repeat.
Yes I agree with the example of water bottles, I buy mine local, but with other items not so, example; for cotton tubular tyres with latex tubes, they are $150 in the local bike shop, and the same tyre is $50. Online.

I can live with 10 to 15 percent, but not 300 percent!

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:17 pm

KGB wrote:Bad experience with PBK (Pro Bike Kit). After 10 or so years of dealing with them and having no problems, I finally needed to contact their customer service and it was pretty useless.
It appears approval ratings from customers in the UK for ProBikeKit is high, but for customers overseas it is low.

TrustPilot Uk has a 9.2/10 rating (1137 reviews) - last 4 reviews 75% good reports)
TrustPilot (general) has a 7.2/10 rating (221 reviews) - last 4 reviews 100% bad reports)

In short, if you are in the UK it is fine, if you are overseas there is a much higher chance of disappointment.
Cycling is in my BNA

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:48 pm

AUbicycles wrote:
KGB wrote:Bad experience with PBK (Pro Bike Kit). After 10 or so years of dealing with them and having no problems, I finally needed to contact their customer service and it was pretty useless.
It appears approval ratings from customers in the UK for ProBikeKit is high, but for customers overseas it is low.

TrustPilot Uk has a 9.2/10 rating (1137 reviews) - last 4 reviews 75% good reports)
TrustPilot (general) has a 7.2/10 rating (221 reviews) - last 4 reviews 100% bad reports)

In short, if you are in the UK it is fine, if you are overseas there is a much higher chance of disappointment.
I've been mostly lucky with PBK over the years,though on the two occasions I did have reason to contact them re:returns,they were beyond useless.In both cases I gave up and kept the items.Whereas Wiggle's returns process was very straight forward indeed.

Speaking of Wiggle,the order I placed on Sunday the 12th arrived in my post box on Friday the 17th,which is pretty darn good post/service I reckon.I've placed a Ribble order today,which I know I won't see for two weeks.Once again,not complaining,just saying (for those argumentative sorts who are too busy trying to dodge import duties to actually read what people are stating).
formerly the fat climber

caneye

Postby caneye » Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:48 am

Wiggle
- placed an order on 25/9 and received the items exactly a week later (5 business days). stoked.

c r c
- placed an order on 13/10 and received the items yesterday (5 business days).

Cell BIkes
- ordered some Marathon tyres on 8/10 11pm, and received them the next day .. shocked.

I'm in the Sydney Metropolitan area.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:53 pm

caneye wrote:Cell BIkes
- ordered some Marathon tyres on 8/10 11pm, and received them the next day .. shocked.

Hi caneye,

Was this your first time ordering with us. We strive for next day Sydney metro delivery with all our orders, so this should be the norm and not the exception.

If orders take longer than 2 business days for Sydney Metro, please feel free to contact me to chase it up (mark@this link is broken).

If orders to anywhere in Australia take more than 5 business days, please contact me.

Feel free to send me feedback of your shopping experiences!
-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:54 pm

c r c ordered 01.10, dispatched 02.10, not received (14 work days and tracking not provided)
Cell Bikes ordered 20.10, dispatched 21.10, received 21.10 (13 hours from order)

It is a local Sydney order however very consistent.
c r c on the other hand have generally delivered within two weeks - but not this time.
Cycling is in my BNA

boss

Postby boss » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:46 pm

softy wrote:
Yep, it's heaps better than the LBS. You know, paying up front, sending your money off-shore, then proceeding to wait five weeks for your product to arrive in order to save a few dollars - literally a few dollars if we're talking about buying water bottles. And then when your water bottles don't show up, it's a case of send an email, wait, wait, wait, wait and then rinse and repeat.
Yes I agree with the example of water bottles, I buy mine local, but with other items not so, example; for cotton tubular tyres with latex tubes, they are $150 in the local bike shop, and the same tyre is $50. Online.

I can live with 10 to 15 percent, but not 300 percent!
Sorry I wasn't tutt tutting online shopping. I just thought it was funny that the two guys were complaining about an extremely long wait and in the same breath one said it was heaps better than a LBS. In both cases (mid range shoes and bottles) they wouldn't have saved very much money.

Was more about the weirdness in what was said than a judgement on where one shops.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:29 pm

I ordered 4 x For Traveler tyres from Fairweather Cycles in Japan.

http://fairweather.cc/traveler" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I paid through the nose for shipping but it was still cheaper then buying the tyres from Velo Orange in the States. Anyways the tyres were ordered Friday afternoon they turned up this morning. Very pleased. My c r c order from Friday 10/04 still hasn't turned up.

rheicel

Postby rheicel » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Cell Bikes
The good: fast shipping, less than 24 hours
The bad: shipped item is different from what is advertised

caneye

Postby caneye » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:49 am

Mark - yes it was my first time ordering from CELL.
Therefore very impressed with next day delivery, especially as I had placed my order close to midnight.
Even more surprised with NOT having to pay extra for this fast shipping. :mrgreen:

CELL Bikes wrote:
caneye wrote:Cell BIkes

Hi caneye,

Was this your first time ordering with us. We strive for next day Sydney metro delivery with all our orders, so this should be the norm and not the exception.

If orders take longer than 2 business days for Sydney Metro, please feel free to contact me to chase it up (mark@this link is broken).

If orders to anywhere in Australia take more than 5 business days, please contact me.

Feel free to send me feedback of your shopping experiences!
-website mgr Mark

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:13 am

I've noticed a pattern with CRCs shipping. Their free shipping days takes a lot longer than normal. There normal $10 shipping usually takes two weeks as does the free shipping over $100 but on there free shipping days can take up to a month (a-la china shipping). I think its possibly a volume issue somewhere that everyone jumps on the free ship c r c on those days (I know I do!)
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

kenwstr

Postby kenwstr » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:10 pm

I ordered tyres form Evan's Cycles.
Dispatched 2-10, still haven't arrived, tomorrow will be 3 weeks from dispatch.
Sent 2 emails to them, both ignored, should I be worried?

They sent an auto generated email inviting me to review the product.
I just may do that......... :twisted:

Ken

rodneycc

Postby rodneycc » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:34 pm

I normally give things 30 days before I get worried in case it goes via china, hk etc etc! You never know these days.
Edit: Or austria is a good one...
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL

PommieYeti

Postby PommieYeti » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm

took my chinarello in for a service and look whats appeared around the bottom bracket both sides

So this isn't a free for all for everyone to say "I TOLD YOU SO" cause ive had the mrs saying that to me all day :oops: :oops:
now we will see how good there 2 year frame warranty is :twisted: if not maybe paypal can do something ?

well better go and chuck out all them fake lacoste polo shirts now :cry:
My Wifes blog http://kiristraveltales.wordpress.com/2 ... a-new-car/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:42 pm

PommieYeti wrote:took my chinarello in for a service and look whats appeared around the bottom bracket both sides
Sorry to see this PommieYeti, just be thankful it didn't result in something bad happening, as far as your well being.

There are great bikes coming out of China (from established brands), iPhones/iPads etc are made in China, but with imitations, please tread carefully.

Ride safe!

-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

wgc138

Postby wgc138 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:51 pm

PommieYeti wrote:took my chinarello in for a service and look whats appeared around the bottom bracket both sides
Which one is this from?
Maybe the LBS had the LHS confused with the RHS...

lobstermash

Postby lobstermash » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:53 pm

wgc138 wrote:
Which one is this from?
Maybe the LBS had the LHS confused with the RHS...
Wouldn't surprise me if they over-torqued the BB, either on the undo or the replace...

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Dragster1 wrote:
tekapo wrote:What's the longest that people have been waiting for a c r c free delivery? Ordered some water bottles mid September during one of the free deliveries specials. Still haven't got them after a month. Usually they get here in about two weeks.
5 weeks A pair of shimano clipless shoes
Day -1:

Hey, I could use with some new water bottles, and they got free shipping too.

Day 0 (September 16):

That was a fast dispatch.

Day 21:

mmmm. where are my bottles? my other orders usually got here by now...

Day 31:

mmmmmmmmmmm.... probably should ask the good folks at BNA

Day 36:

Ok, its now 5+ weeks, and longer than Dragster's pedals. Should get off my bum and email them.

http://www.this link is broken/au/e ... r-problems" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.this link is broken/stat ... foPage.jsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Response was fast, and it states that after 15 working days, the parcel can be declared lost, and you can get them to resend it.

Planned on getting the forms filled during the weekend and send it back.

Day 39

Went to check the mail, some Flybys junk, and a parcel notice (1st notice dated the 24th). Then there it was, my bottles has finally arrived, but it looks like it has been to hell and back, twice.

Luckily, it was just some water bottles, and they are still in good shape, just a bit dirt and crap on the exterior.

The parcel was delivered by the good ol TNT Post instead of Royal Mail, and even by their own numbers

http://parcels-uk.tntpost.com/Transit-T ... Union.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It should have been delivered in 2 weeks. But it took 6.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:12 pm

Service you say, you do know that they would service the BB and that means taking it apart, cleaning n regreasing it before putting it back together and oops CRACK.

I was about to declare an item lost with c r c as well. I was waiting till tuesday then lodging. It turned up on Monday.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

PommieYeti

Postby PommieYeti » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:18 pm

i have no reason to doubt the local bike shop. the reason they were taking the bottom bracket out was to sort the cables out as they were crossed in the frame ( the guy who built it had crossed them and was having issues with my gears, So I got them to check it out rather than drive the hour to get the original guy to look at it) as they 2 mins up the road,
and i have had no luck in contacting Greatkeen bikes they have flagged all my emails so far, I TOLD YOU SO ......... lol
My Wifes blog http://kiristraveltales.wordpress.com/2 ... a-new-car/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:59 pm

After having my last Wiggle order get left outside my apartment building with box nearly destroyed and wide open for all to see what was inside and 2 weeks from despatch to arrival I decided to sign up for the free parcel locker service that Aus Post do. Doing a bike build so been waiting on a few different orders to arrive.

Ribble - despatched 16/10, hasn't arrived.
Wiggle - placed 18/10, no despatch confirmation but logging into my account says it has been despatched, hasn't arrived.
Bike Force via Bike Exchange - despatched 20/10, arrived 2 days later
Pushys - despatched 23/10, tracking says its currently sitting at my post office yet I'm still waiting for the pin code to be sent so I can go and pick it up. :?

Not sure what to make any of this but I'm 100% of the opinion the O/S retailers are not what they used to be. Regularly used to get stuff from the UK in 3-5 days.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Evans Cycles. Parcel received 11 days after order. Neither quick nor slow. Good prices and packaging.

ChainReaction Cycles. Parcel received 7 days after order. Quick delivery, good prices but package was damaged with a hole in the box. Nothing lost but this is the second damaged package I have received from ChainReaction and on the previous occasion a small item dropped out of the box. They need to use sturdier boxes like Wiggle and Evans do.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:13 pm

c r c still a no show after over a month and they have been playing funny games with 'company policy'. If they had of sent the delivery tracked, at least I would know where it was, as would they. I since ordered from Cell Bikes and got the delivery in 13 hours and well in time for my event. It means a replacement is not of interest and even though a refund is 'only optional', I think I will go for the refund. Hope the process isn't too painful.

Regarding Chinarello's the key issue with Asian production is quality control - brands usually have staff on the floor ensuring QC is maintained however the trend has been, where something isn't specced / defined, that it just gets made as quickly and simply as possible. Taiwan is ahead of the game (Giant and Merida are local brands) and many Taiwanese recognise this. Mainland Chinese brands, as a whole, havn't got it yet so while something looks the part, the performance and quality may not be there.... but they will slowly come around.
Cycling is in my BNA

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:30 am

4.5 weeks for c r c delivery, no tracking and sent through TNT 'Prioritaire' (which I think means... extra slow).

c r c customer service are playing funny games - a 'no show' is first recorded after 30 working days - so effectively 6 - 7 weeks after dispatch. But the parts are no longer of use and as a customer, 4.5 weeks delivery time is inconsistent and unreasonable (considering the trend, the immediate dispatch data and lack of ther data or information suggesting slow delivery).
Cycling is in my BNA

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:25 am

I feel your pain - after many months of fast delivery from c r c,I've fired off an email in regards to an order I placed on the 5th of October,zero sign of it at my end.

My last Ribble order arrived in 8 days flat,which astounded me as previously all my Ribble orders took at least 14 days.

Have also just placed a Bikebug order,first time with them.After all the positive praise for them in this forum I thought "why not?"
formerly the fat climber