Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

singlespeedscott

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby singlespeedscott » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:49 pm

I tend to avoid US online stores as much as possible. The only ones that I have had good dealings with are Velo Orange and Boulder Bicycle. But they are more a retaillers of the "weirdie beardie stuff that I like".

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:56 pm

universal cycles are good bunch, i rate them. Not cheap postage but

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:50 pm

Happy to sing the praises of Chain Reaction Cycles - ordered last Tuesday afternoon,in my hands this Monday morning. These last few months all my orders from them have arrived in eight days or less.
formerly the fat climber

rpmspinman

Postby rpmspinman » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:02 am

Ordered from 2XU outlet on Friday. 2 running jackets. Delivered this morning. My guess is it would have been faster if it werent for the weekend. But overall Im super happy.
Cheers
Shav

My Bikes:
2011 Kona Dew Plus (commuter)
2012 Focus Cayo 2.0 (road)
2015 Cervelo S5 VWD

Charles brown

Postby Charles brown » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:18 pm

There are too many suppliers, so it is very hard to choose to purchase

I also have experiences on purchase from oversea online, my road bike carbon wheel was purchased from diy carbon bike

and it total use 10 days to arrive, I think I was lucky, at least I received the wheel, and the wheel is very cool.

thanks
Charles

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:26 pm

pushys - ordered yesterday 21/7/2014
arrived today 22/07/2014
now that is what you should get from an aussie store

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:29 pm

Art's Cyclery and Competitive Cyclist have both done the right thing by me and I recommend them if you wish to use an overseas shop instead of the usual suspects.

Pushy's is great, too, and local.

BiciBoy

Postby BiciBoy » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:44 am

Purchased items from PBK July 9th, took exactly 2 weeks to arrive in Perth. Not too bad, but was a bit strange it was dipatched from the UK on the 10th and took 13 days to get here. Ah well.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:48 am

jasonc wrote:pushys - ordered yesterday 21/7/2014
arrived today 22/07/2014
Almost same. Odered Sunday (late) arrived Wednesday midday, but I'm interstate. Happy customer, set to return and recommend.

c r c order placed on Sat via 'free' Royal Mail also on it's way. Will see how long I guess, but the price is worth the wait.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Carrots

Postby Carrots » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:17 am

bychosis wrote:
jasonc wrote:pushys - ordered yesterday 21/7/2014
arrived today 22/07/2014
Almost same. Odered Sunday (late) arrived Wednesday midday, but I'm interstate. Happy customer, set to return and recommend.

c r c order placed on Sat via 'free' Royal Mail also on it's way. Will see how long I guess, but the price is worth the wait.
Pushys ordered Monday... Still waiting... Little further to Adelaide than the eastern states obviously!

Also ordered from wiggle in the same half hour so it'll be an interesting race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SheikYerbouti

Postby SheikYerbouti » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:20 am

Carrots wrote: Pushys ordered Monday... Still waiting... Little further to Adelaide than the eastern states obviously!
Same, ordered Mon evening, order shipped Tue pm, Auspost tracking says received at Qld mail dispatch Wed pm, hopefully delivery to Syd by Fri pm...

Cell - order places Mon evening, ready to pick up Tues lunchtime.

slian

Postby slian » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:26 am

Ordered a 3T Seatpost from PBK. Item arrived with sticky residue from decal all over. Attempt to remove residue caused discolouration on the paint underneath.

Going through the return process with PBK led to ultimate outcome of being rejected due to "trauma to item".

Ah well, chalk it up as you win some you lose some. But have unsubscribed from their newsletter and resolved not to spend another cent on the website.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:39 am

Ribble Cycles - 6800 cranks and some Di2 cables, grommets

22/7 - confirmation of order and payment
23/7 - dispatched

havnt ordered from ribble in a while, so will see. My expectation is about 2 weeks

outnabike

Postby outnabike » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:06 pm

60 % sale. I can't vouch for that as it all depends on the retail listed and its usual price.
I bought the Limar 535 helmet for $50-00 on special 12 months ago here it is for $40-00. Very light and fits me well.

http://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/LRH ... mtb-helmet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vivente World Randonneur complete with panniers

tez001

Postby tez001 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:58 am

Ordered some 2015 Fulcrum wheels from Bikebug, didn't realise it was just a preorder and not due in till late Oct. Ended up getting a upgrade for the same price on current model line. Top service :)

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:04 pm

slian wrote:Ordered a 3T Seatpost from PBK. Item arrived with sticky residue from decal all over. Attempt to remove residue caused discolouration on the paint underneath.

Going through the return process with PBK led to ultimate outcome of being rejected due to "trauma to item".

Ah well, chalk it up as you win some you lose some. But have unsubscribed from their newsletter and resolved not to spend another cent on the website.
The PBK returns process is a hassle.I was trying to return some pedals that have some bearing problems,was told I needed to supply a photo of the problem.Special tool/s required to dissemble pedal,which I don't have,plus I would have assumed me dissembling would void any warranty,so I emailed words to that effect.Told to take external pics anyway so they could start the return process.

Several attempts at uploading the pics via the PBK website got nowhere - an error uploading,but no idea as to what the error was.Communicated as such,told to keep trying.Having experience returning items to Wiggle (very much a customer-friendly process),I was surprised as to just how much harder PBK make it.

Not exactly top of the tree,mega-expensive pedals,but I'd have though six months (approx 8000k's) was pitiful for pedal bearings.Anyway,have given up dealing with PBK and bought a different brand via Ribble.WIll see how they go.
formerly the fat climber

Storm Boy

Postby Storm Boy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:04 pm

I ordered some wheels and various parts from Wiggle last Wednesday, they arrived (in Adelaide) from the UK today, 5 calendar days later. Very happy with that :)

Regards,

SB

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:39 pm

jaseyjase wrote:Ribble Cycles - 6800 cranks and some Di2 cables, grommets

22/7 - confirmation of order and payment
23/7 - dispatched

havnt ordered from ribble in a while, so will see. My expectation is about 2 weeks
28/7 - Arrived

Very happy with that, considering they were also cheaper then c r c, Wiggle etc

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Waiting 10 days for Planet X bikes in the UK so far. I think it's going on the truck today?

Tank1252

Postby Tank1252 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:04 pm

Placed an order with c r c Sunday 13th July hoping it might turn up before I went to New Zealand for a week the following Monday afternoon 21st July. It didn't turn up, but what surprised me more is that is still hasn't turned up when I checked today on my return. I guess i'm just used to Bikebug's brilliant delivery times. Hopefully tomorrow…

dominicj

Postby dominicj » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:59 pm

Tank1252 wrote:Placed an order with c r c Sunday 13th July hoping it might turn up before I went to New Zealand for a week the following Monday afternoon 21st July. It didn't turn up, but what surprised me more is that is still hasn't turned up when I checked today on my return. I guess i'm just used to Bikebug's brilliant delivery times. Hopefully tomorrow…
My last two c r c orders have been nearly 3 weeks delivery. Confusing because other people are reporting delivery inside a week...

Wingnut

Postby Wingnut » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:10 pm

I ordered a Schwalbe Marathon Plus 16" for my BOB trailer from c r c on the 15th July and it hasn't arrived to date...I guess I'm just used to faster delivery from BikeBug and Wiggle...

dominicj

Postby dominicj » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:14 am

Not exactly an online purchase but...

I have a Fizik Arione CX with carbon braided rails which I got an a bike frame I purchased earlier this year. It was a 2012 Giant and the date stamp on the saddle was Feb 2011. The carbon rails failed a few weekends ago. Not catastrophic failure but made the saddle unusable. Prior to throwing away I figured I'd send through an enquiry on the Fizik site (http://www.fizik.com/quality-claim/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Got an email back this morning from them saying:
Dear Dom
Thank you for your e-mail and sorry for the problem occurred.
I will send you a brand new saddle soon.
Thank you and regards
Not counting my chickens but if a new saddle turns up on my doorstep I'll be stoked! :)

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:43 am

I must be lucky re: c r c delivery - bought some overshoes on the 20th,delivered today.Took advantage of the free postage on all orders they had that weekend,plus the 10% off all footwear offer. :)

Bought pedals from Ribble two weeks ago,they arrived Monday (13 days from payment to me),which is pretty much what I expect from Ribble.No complaints there either. :)
formerly the fat climber

Tank1252

Postby Tank1252 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:55 pm

dominicj wrote:
Tank1252 wrote:Placed an order with c r c Sunday 13th July hoping it might turn up before I went to New Zealand for a week the following Monday afternoon 21st July. It didn't turn up, but what surprised me more is that is still hasn't turned up when I checked today on my return. I guess i'm just used to Bikebug's brilliant delivery times. Hopefully tomorrow…
My last two c r c orders have been nearly 3 weeks delivery. Confusing because other people are reporting delivery inside a week...
Still nothing today - 17 days. That's not good enough in my book, slightly cheaper price or not. Never again c r c.