Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

cyclebee

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby cyclebee » Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:33 pm

I would like to post my complete satisfaction with Cycliq on their customer service and support when my Fly6 unit went faulty. Email support was first rate with responses no more than 24 hours after I have sent my email, sometimes within a few hours.

After taking me through some troubleshooting steps, I returned the unit to Cycliq, and at the same time as I was posting the unit back, Cycliq had already sent out a replacement unit. I received it today, after only 1 week, DHL from Hong Kong. A brand new retail package of the Fly6!

A big THUMBSUP to Cycliq!

DaveQB

Postby DaveQB » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:35 pm

cyclebee wrote:I would like to post my complete satisfaction with Cycliq on their customer service and support when my Fly6 unit went faulty. Email support was first rate with responses no more than 24 hours after I have sent my email, sometimes within a few hours.

After taking me through some troubleshooting steps, I returned the unit to Cycliq, and at the same time as I was posting the unit back, Cycliq had already sent out a replacement unit. I received it today, after only 1 week, DHL from Hong Kong. A brand new retail package of the Fly6!

A big THUMBSUP to Cycliq!
I had the exact same experience with them and my Fly6. Brilliant!
Ht: 182cm | Wt: 84kg | Bikes: Felt AR1 2016, Felt B2 2013
Sucessful Trades --> files.dward.us/Cycling/BNA-Trades.txt

dave3210go

Postby dave3210go » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:23 pm

I got a carbon fibre mudguard from Rock Guardz direct through their web-page. Delivery only took about 10 days from UK (no shipping info so couldn't track).

They emailed a totally wicked sale Invoice pdf and follow up shipping notice email and stuff.

Practically held my hand.

A good sign that the vendor is genuine - they respond, they keep you updated with accurate info.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:18 pm

Gotta give a huge thumbs up to Cycle Station (online).

Had been looking for a disc specific 700C wheel as part of a wheel re-org in my shed. Found a potential solution online (fleabay) of a Giant P-SL0 rim, and asked some questions. Was pointed to their online store which had the rim $15 cheaper than ebay.

Placed the order on Tuesday and it arrived Thursday via courier. Brilliant. Packaged really well, and as described.

BUT

The rim was 20 hole instead of 28 hole as I needed. All my fault as I didn't ask and it wasn't listed. Was looking at other options at the time.

Wrote a quick email explaining the situation, and they offered to provide a refund, but at my shipping cost. Even better. The freight company was exorbitant, but they accepted that Auspost is fine, so thats what I am going to do.

Thanks Matt.

The store details are

Cycle Station Online
480 Young St
Albury, NSW
02 6021 5266

http://www.cyclestation.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Bought one of Wiggle's own brand (Lifeline Essential) torque wrenches recently. Have been happily using it for a couple of weeks, then went to tighten the FD bolt only to find that there were two 4mm hex bits in the box and no 5mm (except the one attached to an extension bar). Quick chat using their online chat thing and 15 minutes later had an e-mail to let me know that a replacement was on the way.

Can't really complain about the service.

In other news, does anyone want a Lifeline Essential Torque wrench kit with 2 x 4mm hex bits? :lol:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:12 pm

so they are sending a whole kit?
if so, i'll call dibs on your torque wrench :D

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:06 pm

jasonc wrote:so they are sending a whole kit?
if so, i'll call dibs on your torque wrench :D
$25 + postage for 800g from VIC/3008 and the one with a spare 4mm hex bit is yours (once the new one arrives).

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:52 pm

Will send you a pm cheers
tapatalk for Windows Phone. For when you want it done right

billy70

Postby billy70 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:52 am

Brilliant support and customer service from Ribble. I ordered the wrong size and returned them for the correct fit at my expense (about $40 through certified mail with Australia Post - still an absolute bargain compared to Aust prices and an acknowledged risk on my behalf with mail order).

With Ribble migrating to a new website, my purchase history and returns status were empty, so I was really pleased with the emailed updates from their Returns department. I found them very easy to deal with the whole time, and it only took two weeks from me sending off the return to having the new kit in my hands. Very happy.

DaveQB

Postby DaveQB » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:01 am

I'll chime in and agree with billy70.

My experiences with Ribble has been great so far. Very happy. Full tracking to your door too.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:42 am

Ribble were fantastic prior to the new web site and new owner. I've had a few issues with my latest order. First, the new web site had quite a few problems. I was overcharged, refunded and then correctly charged. However, there was no email to inform that my order had been dispatched. Previously, an email informing of dispatch was always sent. I had to contact Ribble to find out that my order was sent. However, if I check my order status on the website, it still says "processing". So the new website is still having issues.

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:10 pm

biker jk wrote:Just a heads up that Ribble has launched a new website and there have been numerous problems. The first was that you could not select AUD for the prices. This has been fixed after I complained. I also found that you could not filter by say men's/women's in the clothing section. Instead, you had to look at the descriptions in the heading but these are truncated requiring clicking on individual items. Pretty inefficient. When I finally ordered I found a 4.5% discrepancy between the total in AUD in the Ribble invoice and that charged to my Paypal account. I complained about this and Ribble are refunding the higher amount and sending a Paypal request for payment of the correct lower amount. Stuff ups galore. Don't forget that Ribble was recently sold to True Capital, a retail investment firm,
Thanks Biker :)
Online parts shopping has taken a big hit with wiggle absorbing c r c too :(
Dogs are the best people :wink:

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:10 pm

I'll chime in and say I completely disagree re Ribble...

Ordered Campag Zonda package in 14/2 with some smaller stuff. Received the small stuff approx 26/2...and it had a note to say other goods ordered are on way...

Follow up email sent by me on 10/3 was met by a reply 2 days later saying Ribble are out of stock and would I like to cancel my order?

Crap...

Matt

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:37 pm

Not very happy with c r c right now. Ordered 3 small items on 8/3, received an email 9/3 saying "dispatched", with a tracking number (which never worked). Today, 16/3 received a second dispatched email (detailing all 3 items in the package), with a tracking number from a completely different company. :x

VinceGU05

Postby VinceGU05 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:22 pm

Torpedo7 are great on orders frigging pathetic on returns. 4 weeks later and still waiting on a credit note.

DaveQB

Postby DaveQB » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:55 am

biker jk wrote:Ribble were fantastic prior to the new web site and new owner. I've had a few issues with my latest order. First, the new web site had quite a few problems. I was overcharged, refunded and then correctly charged. However, there was no email to inform that my order had been dispatched. Previously, an email informing of dispatch was always sent. I had to contact Ribble to find out that my order was sent. However, if I check my order status on the website, it still says "processing". So the new website is still having issues.
The new website was only in the last week or two right? New owner in that time too? My orders (and good experience) was from about a month ago on back. Sounds like things have changed since then....

DaveQB

Postby DaveQB » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:56 am

warthog1 wrote: ...with wiggle absorbing c r c too :(
Wiggle bought out Chain Reaction?

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:17 am

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news/lat ... ger-211765" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dogs are the best people :wink:

TheWall

Postby TheWall » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:51 pm

TheWall wrote:I'll chime in and say I completely disagree re Ribble...

Ordered Campag Zonda package in 14/2 with some smaller stuff. Received the small stuff approx 26/2...and it had a note to say other goods ordered are on way...

Follow up email sent by me on 10/3 was met by a reply 2 days later saying Ribble are out of stock and would I like to cancel my order?

Crap...

Matt
Well that was on the 14th...

Many emails later and I got my own personalised discount code so tonight I ordered some Fulcrum 3's (and some other stuff of course[emoji15])

Ribble is back in the good books...

Matt

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:27 pm

redsonic wrote:Not very happy with c r c right now. Ordered 3 small items on 8/3, received an email 9/3 saying "dispatched", with a tracking number (which never worked). Today, 16/3 received a second dispatched email (detailing all 3 items in the package), with a tracking number from a completely different company. :x

Just what I came here to ask about. Ordered a wheelset and some other bits on Monday, order was despatched very quickly but split in 2. Im now checking both the tracking numbers and neither of them work. I dont normally shop with them and noticed at checkout something about orders being dispatched from different locations. Was it still in the UK when the second number arrived?

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:51 pm

And I've got gear from Evans cycles that hasn't arrived yet. Shipped on the 14/3.
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

redsonic

Postby redsonic » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:52 pm

danny the boy wrote:
redsonic wrote:Not very happy with c r c right now. Ordered 3 small items on 8/3, received an email 9/3 saying "dispatched", with a tracking number (which never worked). Today, 16/3 received a second dispatched email (detailing all 3 items in the package), with a tracking number from a completely different company. :x

Just what I came here to ask about. Ordered a wheelset and some other bits on Monday, order was despatched very quickly but split in 2. Im now checking both the tracking numbers and neither of them work. I dont normally shop with them and noticed at checkout something about orders being dispatched from different locations. Was it still in the UK when the second number arrived?
Yes, very much still in the UK, and remained so for a few more days, according to the second tracking number. Parcel arrived this morning.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:23 pm

Happy with Cycling Express customer service. I made a personal (private) purchase however a few hours later realised a mistake and left and message and emailed to request a complete cancellation. The following day I received a confirmation. This is a fast turn-around and a positive result.

(disclosure - as the admin of the site, I am noting that Cycling Express are a regular advertiser. My comment is related to a private purchase and experience).
Cycling is in my BNA

Melbmarcus

Postby Melbmarcus » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:00 am

My experience from ordering at ProBikeKit AU;

Misleading: no where with the products listed or anywhere during the ordering did I see or read that the items would be send from outside Australia. So when I received an email that the items where dispatched from the UK and would take 3 weeks I wasn't happy. On top of that, I bought a wheelset over $1000, they got stuck in customs and I had to pay over $200 in import fees and taxes.
After 4 weeks I finally receive the wheels only to be disappointed again with faulty wheels (damaged carbon, burs inside the rim which would puncture every tube and grinding hubs). I've contacted the company who said they would organise return postage. That was promised to me 5 weeks ago and the wheels are still sitting wrapped up ready to go at my house... I email them almost every day and do get emails back (just about everyone starts with an apology) but nothing gets done.
I thought I'd bought Australian and am now stuck with a useless and worthless wheelset and an empty bank account.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:09 am

PBK have been rubbish for a long time. Stick with Ribble and c r c