Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

celeste boy

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby celeste boy » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:10 pm

redsonic wrote:Another plug for Velogear. They did a price match less 10% on an SMP saddle for me quickly and without any hassle. They also gave me a no questions asked refund on a pair of nicks with a manufacturing fault.

+1. haven't received my purchase yet but they were quick to reply with my enquiry.

CB

Xplora

Postby Xplora » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:34 pm

Xplora wrote:Waiting 10 days for Planet X bikes in the UK so far. I think it's going on the truck today?
Ordered 18/7, arrived 31st. Saved 30% on the Aussie price for the SportCrafter rollers, without a sale. Pretty crazy.

TigerFilly

Postby TigerFilly » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:02 pm

Ordered some Knog tail lights from Pushys on Sunday night. Arrived in Adelaide today. Not bad considering I've known things take 10 days to get from Brisbane to here and only $14.99 each in their light sale.
I currently can't work out where I'm going to attach them but that's not Pushys' fault.

chillimagnum

Postby chillimagnum » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:47 am

Is Royal Mail "International signed" trackable only by Aus Post?
The Royal Mail says "Your item, posted on dd/MM/yy with reference RUxxxxxxxxxGB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA."
The Aus Post tracker says "Product not trackable"

OldBloke

Postby OldBloke » Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:50 am

It may just mean it hasn't been scanned by Aus Post yet. I've found in the past that some of the tracking systems seem to be linked. Do a search for parcel tracking and try a few.
Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:41 pm

chillimagnum wrote:Is Royal Mail "International signed" trackable only by Aus Post?
The Royal Mail says "Your item, posted on dd/MM/yy with reference RUxxxxxxxxxGB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in AUSTRALIA."
It also depends on what the online shop has paid for in postage ( whether it is trackable or not In Australia )

softy

Postby softy » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:14 pm

chillimagnum wrote:Is Royal Mail "International signed" trackable only by Aus Post?
Until it arrives in oz and registered as being in the country, then aus post will only see it from this point on. Hope this helps. :)

CXCommuter

Postby CXCommuter » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:38 pm

softy wrote:
Until it arrives in oz and registered as being in the country, then aus post will only see it from this point on. Hope this helps. :)
I would presume the Overseas postal service is Aus Post from a UK perspective :?:

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:46 pm

softy wrote:
Royal Mail "International signed" means
Your item will be tracked until it leaves the UK and only handed over at its final destination once we have a signature from the recipient

Royal Mail "International Tracked & Signed " Means
Tracked & Signed is a combination service offering full end-to-end tracking, signature on delivery and an online delivery confirmation.

You have to pay for the extra service Aust post are absolute tight wads

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:45 pm

How's this for service:bought some shoes from an eBay seller based in Massachusetts USA,paid on the 25th July,chose the cheapest postage option available.Currently sitting at my local post office awaiting my attention,arrived there around 7:30 this morning. 8)

My usual experiences buying from the States involve a lot of patience,especially if they have to go via Chicago.These came via New York,which has surprised me by being quicker than anything I've received via LA.

EDIT:I should add that my examples are based upon using cheapskate postage options.I have had quicker selecting faster options.
formerly the fat climber

chillimagnum

Postby chillimagnum » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:20 am

Dragster1 wrote:
softy wrote:
Royal Mail "International signed" means
Your item will be tracked until it leaves the UK and only handed over at its final destination once we have a signature from the recipient

Royal Mail "International Tracked & Signed " Means
Tracked & Signed is a combination service offering full end-to-end tracking, signature on delivery and an online delivery confirmation.

You have to pay for the extra service Aust post are absolute tight wads
Thanks I rechecked the website you're right. No tracking on that service.
Meanwhile had another item shipped via Parcel Force Global Priority from the same seller. That tracking code does show up on Aus Post as EMS even though the location still says it's overseas.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:37 am

c r c with free shipping ordered 20th July, arrived yesterday 4th Aug. Longer than expected wait. 16 days, 11 work days. Royal mail is SLOW.
Noted so I won't be ordering any items from c r c that have a deadline unless premium shipping is paid for. Additional shipping probably negates the price difference and I'll be heading back to Cell or Pushys if i want shipping in under a week.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:45 am

bychosis wrote:I'll be heading back to Cell or Pushys if i want shipping in under a week.
Bychosis, send me an email and I'll organise a $10 voucher for you, my shout.

-website mgr Mark (mark@this link is broken)
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

silentbutdeadly

Postby silentbutdeadly » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:57 am

Ordered a Kinesis fork and some other small parts from Wiggle on Thursday 31st July and they arrived yesterday (Monday 4th Aug)...even with the intervening weekend.
Ours is not to reason why...merely to point and giggle

Tank1252

Postby Tank1252 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:05 pm

bychosis wrote:c r c with free shipping ordered 20th July, arrived yesterday 4th Aug. Longer than expected wait. 16 days, 11 work days. Royal mail is SLOW.
Noted so I won't be ordering any items from c r c that have a deadline unless premium shipping is paid for. Additional shipping probably negates the price difference and I'll be heading back to Cell or Pushys if i want shipping in under a week.
As I said earlier in the thread, I ordered from c r c on the 13th July & still haven't got my item. Free shipping, but ridiculous shipping. I'm back to Bikebug & Cell now.
Last edited by Tank1252 on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:35 pm

CELL Bikes wrote:
bychosis wrote:I'll be heading back to Cell or Pushys if i want shipping in under a week.

Thanks for the offer Mark, I respectfully decline. This is skating a little close to cash for comment for my liking and could open up a can of worms. I will still continue to recommend Cell.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:11 pm

bychosis wrote:
CELL Bikes wrote:

Thanks for the offer Mark, I respectfully decline. This is skating a little close to cash for comment for my liking and could open up a can of worms. I will still continue to recommend Cell.
Hahaha...no worries mate. My bad. I sometimes offer vouchers in the 'Cell' thread when people bring to light issues that we need to take care of. Lets keep that can closed!

We appreciate everyone's feedback here.
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:21 pm

On Sunday the 27/04 I purchase 3 x 25mm Vittoria Rally singles from Wiggle. Only went with the standard free shipping option and they turned up yesterday, Monday 04/08. Pretty happy with that :D

softy

Postby softy » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:02 pm

I think shipping is a bit, luck of the draw.

The states does to seem to take longer, maybe it has something to do with them living in the past.... :P

When buying on line, I do think one of the negatives is the postage and waiting is just part of the game. It is not necessarily the shops fault, postage is handled by a third party.

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:04 pm

softy wrote:I think shipping is a bit, luck of the draw.

The states does to seem to take longer, maybe it has something to do with them living in the past.... :P

When buying on line, I do think one of the negatives is the postage and waiting is just part of the game. It is not necessarily the shops fault, postage is handled by a third party.
Oh indeed.When buying from the USA,I've bought from Texas and waited weeks & weeks.For whatever reason it was routed through Chicago before leaving the country :?
There's a whole thread on Whirlpool detailing experiences with the delays that always arise whenever anything comes to Oz via Chicago.No idea why that particular centre has such massive delays compared to the rest,but what can you do.
formerly the fat climber

2wheels_mond

Postby 2wheels_mond » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:45 am

Well, whoever Wiggle deals with is certainly a lot better than Chain Reaction. My recent experience with Chain Reaction during their free shipping deal reflects the experience of bychosis above (11 business days) but Wiggle consistently only take 5-6. Back to Wiggle/Australian stores for me too, I think.

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:12 pm

Its still better than paying 4x the price of some items in your LBS. I stock up on chains, tubes, tyres, cables and etc... things that you know you are going to need. Six weeks is the longest ive ever needed to wait

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:41 pm

My carbon 5800 105 pedals that I bought from c r c finally turned up after 15 days in transit. They look really nice and they are very lightweight. I'm still waiting on two saddles for my kids that I purchased from c r c before the pedal order.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:44 am

Ordered from c r c 30 Jul, delivered 4 Aug. DHL is vey efficient and with proper tracking. Only problem was a hole in the box and a small item fell out of it. Received a refund from c r c within a day. Great service.

danny the boy

Postby danny the boy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:34 am

singlespeedscott wrote:On Sunday the 27/04 I purchase 3 x 25mm Vittoria Rally singles from Wiggle. Only went with the standard free shipping option and they turned up yesterday, Monday 04/08. Pretty happy with that :D
Interesting... I ordered the day before in the afternoon and they messaged back that it was posted 4 hrs later and still nothing has arrived. My Wiggle experiences have been fairly ordinary this year and it all traces back to them sending me the wrong item which I returned. Late last year they sent me 25mm tires when I ordered 23's and in the wrong colour, so I returned them and have nothing but problems with Wiggle order's since. I'm glad I read this thread now, its the nail in the coffin as far they go for me now.