12/10 - dispatched
19/10 - arrived

free shipping,

Ross

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Ross » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:37 pm

Ross wrote:
Ross wrote:
Ribble - tried several days to order parts but there was an issue with Paypal, decided to use my CC instead. No order confirmation was sent but finally 6 days later received email saying it was dispatched 27/8. Still not received 13/9.
Against my better judgement I ordered some more parts from Ribble. No PP issues this time but same 6 day time between ordering and them actually picking/packing and sending. Must be very short staffed or they don't actually stock the parts (Shimano 6800 crankset, BB + brake pads) and just order them from supplier as they receive order. At least the prices were good and luckily I'm not really in a hurry.
Finally received my parts today (20/10/16), ordered 26/9/10, order not picked/sent until 1/10/16.

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Velt wrote:I've just purchased some wheels from pbk yesterday. A tip for them, changing the currency to something other than AUD occasionally reveals much better deals.

As for returns I know wiggle does local returns.
Thanks Velt. Changed to GBP and saved a further $100. Fingers crossed the packaging is good and they arrive in one piece.

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:35 pm

My order was cancelled, twice, by ProBikeKit Aus. Not happy with them, so I will place my order through Evans Cycles. Hopefully they're a bit easier to deal with.

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:46 pm

liamw11 wrote:My order was cancelled, twice, by ProBikeKit Aus. Not happy with them, so I will place my order through Evans Cycles. Hopefully they're a bit easier to deal with.
Evans ordering and delivery is very good but as a general rule of thumb, they can be expensive if you are ordering bulky items such as wheels.

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:01 pm

Top_Bhoy wrote:Evans ordering and delivery is very good but as a general rule of thumb, they can be expensive if you are ordering bulky items such as wheels.
They have a price match, even for online retailers that are based out of the UK so i've sent them ProBike's price and asked if they can match. If they can't i'm not too worried because they're still a lot cheaper than any local store. Placed the order this morning, order already picked and will probably leave their warehouse same day. Bloody amazing.

Edit: just checked and status is shipped. Very impressed.

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:29 am

Ok, sorry for the constant updates but massive shout out to Evans Cycles. Order picked and shipped in less than 24 hours, advertised price on PBK including shipping was £1,630.19 and they've beat the price and have charged me £1,548.29 for a set of Campagnolo Bora Ultra 50 clinchers including shipping. This works out to $2,500 AUD and the best price i've seen locally is at BikeBug for $3,500 AUD. I understand i'll have to pay duty and tax on these but still, the savings are huge.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:27 am

bikebug - ordered yesterday afternoon. delivered this morning.

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:00 pm

liamw11 wrote:
Top_Bhoy wrote:Evans ordering and delivery is very good but as a general rule of thumb, they can be expensive if you are ordering bulky items such as wheels.
They have a price match, even for online retailers that are based out of the UK so i've sent them ProBike's price and asked if they can match. If they can't i'm not too worried because they're still a lot cheaper than any local store. Placed the order this morning, order already picked and will probably leave their warehouse same day. Bloody amazing.

When I said expensive, I was referring only to the delivery costs on bulky items. Their delivery costs on 'normal' stuff is reasonable and in line with most other retailers.

I considered buying a frame from them once but delivery costs were too high and negated much of the cost benefits of buying it. Can I ask how much they charged to deliver your wheels? .

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:52 pm

Top_Bhoy wrote:
liamw11 wrote:

When I said expensive, I was referring only to the delivery costs on bulky items. Their delivery costs on 'normal' stuff is reasonable and in line with most other retailers.

I considered buying a frame from them once but delivery costs were too high and negated much of the cost benefits of buying it. Can I ask how much they charged to deliver your wheels? .
They originally priced my wheels at £1,641.92 plus £70.00 shipping however they price matched PBK price under their price match guarantee. I;m not sure why but they also applied a 5% discount because I quoted I used code PBK5 so the final price including shipping was £1,548.29

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:19 am

I'm in Perth

BikeBug - Groupset, handlebars, stem, seat post, tyres, tubes, bar tape.

Ordered: 21/10/2016
Dispatched: 21/10/2016
Delivered: 26/10/2016

Evans - Wheelset

Ordered: 24/10/2016
Dispatched: 24/10/2016
Delivered (including being held up in customs for duty & tax): 27/10/2016

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:26 pm

Pushys
Ordered - 8:13am Friday
Courier Picked up: 10:05am Friday
Delivered: 11:15am Friday

Granted I had it sent to my work in the CBD. But I didn't pay for shipping and is quicker than me popping out to the LBS's in the city!

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:28 pm

Ordered from Ground Effect Tuesday morning, chose shipping with FedEx, goods in Melbourne by Wednesday lunch.... nice.

2sharp

Postby 2sharp » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:37 pm

I've just returned the second set of Sugoi bibs to TBE in WA for the same manufacturing fault. Shame as they were good comfy bibs. TBE have been great, including sending postal vouchers by email to pay the return shipping.

billy70

Postby billy70 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:04 am

Ordered a bit from Wiggle recently, delivery times around 5 business days. Delivery notifications working much better than the recent past. Very happy with that.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:39 am

Wiggle - ordered a pair of ultra boost for the wifey

4/11 - ordered and dispatched
10/11 - arrived

happy days

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:00 pm

7/11- Ordered $110 of bits and bobs from auswiggle site,
8/11- Dispatched from ukwiggle and notified by email,
11/11- Arrived in Sydney, Got email from Auspost that my parcel is at customs awaiting for clearance to arrive on 14/11
13/11- Got sms from Auspost at 7.31am to inform me that it will deliver on 14/11.
14/11- Delivered to my door at 8.04am.

Box was damaged but all 22 small contents still in it and nothing missing. Might be from handlers at airport not caring of parcels handling.

ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:27 pm

Bunged Knee wrote:7/11- Ordered $110 of bits and bobs from auswiggle site,
8/11- Dispatched from ukwiggle and notified by email,
11/11- Arrived in Sydney, Got email from Auspost that my parcel is at customs awaiting for clearance to arrive on 14/11
13/11- Got sms from Auspost at 7.31am to inform me that it will deliver on 14/11.
14/11- Delivered to my door at 8.04am.

Box was damaged but all 22 small contents still in it and nothing missing. Might be from handlers at airport not caring of parcels handling.

I ordered a pair of Oakley's same date, dispatched same date and they still haven't arrived :? I'm in Perth so I thought they'd be here by today.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:33 pm

liamw11 wrote: I ordered a pair of Oakley's same date, dispatched same date and they still haven't arrived :? I'm in Perth so I thought they'd be here by today.
Might get about 2 days extra for W.A. I think that W.A orders from overseas do arrive in Sydney/Melbourne before being sent off to W.A.

If you are registered with Auspost, free to join. They will notify you of parcel arrivals and sms you if missed delivery.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

billy70

Postby billy70 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:00 am

I continue to receive recent Wiggle orders in around 5 to 6 business days to Perth. Had an issue with damaged goods last week and they sorted it straight away.

I don't like having all of my eggs in the one basket so still try to order occasionally from other sources (need to maintain some perception of competition). However, I keep coming back to Wiggle as my preferred vendor. They certainly don't get everything right, but am generally pretty happy.

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:38 pm

Ordered the black kit from http://therollingherd.com/ for $110, knew it was Capo, but expecting their entry level quality.

Paid by bank transfer, the only option, it was a risk, they only had a small social media presence and no names or addresses on their site. I decided the risk was worth it.

Ordered late on 22 October
Got a that you note on 25 October, saying it would be posted that day
The package arrived 3 Nov

I was pleasantly surprised, the kit is Capo Corsa SL, Capo's long haul kit, knicks $275 retail, jersey $200 retail.

Rode in it next day, it was good is an understatement, let therollingherd know how much I liked the kit on instagram and promptly bought the white kit.

This was their response

That kit arrived 8 November.

Amazing kit, especially at that price point

TailWalker

Postby TailWalker » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:21 pm

Velogear.

30/10 Ordered a Tubus rack online.
31/10 Velogear contact me to say they had no stock.
31/10 Asked them to supply an alternative rack they had listed on their website. They agreed.
9/11 Order still showing pending. Asked them what happening, explained I had a cycling holiday planned for following week.
10/11 Velogear contact me to say item dispatched that day.
14/11 Received order. Wrong rack sent even though I explicitly stated it did NOT want that particular rack.
14/11 Contacted Velogear telling them they'd sent the wrong rack and would now have to cancel holiday.
15/11 No response. Put a read-receipt on the email and doesn't look like my email has even been read yet.

Stay tuned.

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:54 pm

Bunged Knee wrote:
liamw11 wrote: I ordered a pair of Oakley's same date, dispatched same date and they still haven't arrived :? I'm in Perth so I thought they'd be here by today.
Might get about 2 days extra for W.A. I think that W.A orders from overseas do arrive in Sydney/Melbourne before being sent off to W.A.

If you are registered with Auspost, free to join. They will notify you of parcel arrivals and sms you if missed delivery.
I contacted Australia Post with the tracking number provided by Wiggle. According to AusPost the item still hasn't been received in Australia yet. It's been 8 days since it was dispatched from the UK. When should I start to be concerned?

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:58 pm

liamw11 wrote:
Bunged Knee wrote:

I contacted Australia Post with the tracking number provided by Wiggle. According to AusPost the item still hasn't been received in Australia yet. It's been 8 days since it was dispatched from the UK. When should I start to be concerned?

Not good to hear that.
If not received by 3 weeks. Report to Wiggle.
PS, hope it's not lost in transit.

CycloTron

Postby CycloTron » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:00 am

jasonc wrote:bikebug - ordered yesterday afternoon. delivered this morning.
Yep, same experience here with Bikebug. Ordered one afternoon and received next day - whoa!

Also, recent c r c purchase of some rims - ordered on a Saturday and arrived at the door on the following Tuesday (i.e. 3 days). WHAT is going on with c r c?! They're completely overachieving on delivery times at the moment and this was free shipping too :shock: