Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Patt0

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Patt0 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:30 am

I suspect the world mail system is ramping up for chrissy but the chrissy influx has yet to start. I received two ebay items from China yesterday that were ordered 8 days ago. The previous record was 11 days.

Abby

Postby Abby » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:31 am

nickobec wrote:Ordered the black kit from http://therollingherd.com/ for $110, knew it was Capo, but expecting their entry level quality.

Paid by bank transfer, the only option, it was a risk, they only had a small social media presence and no names or addresses on their site. I decided the risk was worth it.

Ordered late on 22 October
Got a that you note on 25 October, saying it would be posted that day
The package arrived 3 Nov

I was pleasantly surprised, the kit is Capo Corsa SL, Capo's long haul kit, knicks $275 retail, jersey $200 retail.

Rode in it next day, it was good is an understatement, let therollingherd know how much I liked the kit on instagram and promptly bought the white kit.

That kit arrived 8 November.

Amazing kit, especially at that price point
Hey nickobec. Kit looks AMAZING! Any chance you could comment on the sizing? I am a large in Pearl Izumi bib-knicks, so am planning on ordering the XL in this - but thought I'd check for your opinion?

Cheers,
Abby
Twitter / Instagram: @cgradecyclist

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:45 pm

Abby wrote:Any chance you could comment on the sizing? I am a large in Pearl Izumi bib-knicks, so am planning on ordering the XL in this - but thought I'd check for your opinion?
I would say that is the correct call

Capo are Italian, their sizing is on par with Castelli, a size smaller that English.

I am 183cm, 81 kg, 98cm chest, 82cm waist with decent thighs. I prefer my kit with a racing cut (ie tight).

Capo L jersey and L or XL bibs.
Castelli L jersey XL bibs
DHB L bibs
Santini M jersey L bibs
never owned any Pearl Izumi kit

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:21 am

c r c: ordered friday 18/11. arrived monday 21/11
free delivery

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:54 am

I still haven't received my order from Wiggle despatched 8/11/2016. Got to say, i've been disappointed with Wiggle. After all the great feedback i'd heard, I didn't expect more than two weeks.

Hopefully my Sigma Sport parcel arrives this week; despatched 15/11/2016.

Rex

Postby Rex » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:22 pm

jasonc wrote:c r c: ordered friday 18/11. arrived monday 21/11
free delivery
Yep I had 2 working days delivery from c r c last week also.
Fastest I've ever had.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:44 pm

Rex wrote:
free delivery
Yep I had 2 working days delivery from c r c last week also.
Fastest I've ever had.
merlin cycles on the other hand, i'm still waiting on. was ordered at the same time.

caneye

Postby caneye » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:18 am

my order for a new cassette was placed with c r c on 16th. It was delivered yesterday (22nd).
4 working days, from the UK to my office at St Leonards. reasonably quick but not as fast as you folks :D

Rex

Postby Rex » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:31 pm

jasonc wrote: merlin cycles on the other hand, i'm still waiting on. was ordered at the same time.
I bought some Giro Empires from them about a month ago. Took 3 weeks from memory.

limbot

Postby limbot » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:47 pm

I've been waiting a while for this order from Wiggle..... :)

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:37 pm

limbot wrote:I've been waiting a while for this order from Wiggle..... :)

Yep, I've had the same one 2 weeks ago like yours too.
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:47 pm

limbot wrote:I've been waiting a while for this order from Wiggle..... :)

Mine was the same

CycloTron

Postby CycloTron » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:19 am

jasonc wrote: merlin cycles on the other hand, i'm still waiting on. was ordered at the same time.
Yeah, Merlin will sometimes have very good prices on some stuff but I think are behind some of the others in terms of shipping and customer service.

For example, I bought a frame from them in August this year. It only took 5 days to get from the UK to Melb, where it remained in a "Customs Hold" for 10 weeks!. I began to repeatedly email them after the first 2 weeks, suspecting something had gone awry. However, I got nothing more than the standard "we have no control over how long customs keep your package". They also inexplicably refused to contact their shipping company to obtain more information.

The weeks ticked by without any movement of the shipment even though I kept pushing Merlin to investigate. Finally, after much
Googling I managed to track down an Australia number for their shipping company and was promptly told that they could not yet release the shipment because Merlin had declared a value for the shipment in GBP, including VAT, which pushed the price above our $1,000 threshold. I had not received any request for payment of duties/GST and Merlin clearly had not even bothered to reach out to their shipping company on my behalf, despite my repeated requests.

Ultimately, I emailed my invoice and the package was released the next day. The 10 week saga could have been shortened by 8 weeks if Merlin had bothered to simply lift a finger to help our their customer.

hamishm

Postby hamishm » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:38 am

CycloTron wrote:Yeah, Merlin will sometimes have very good prices on some stuff but I think are behind some of the others in terms of shipping and customer service.
I don't have any experience with a GST-payable shipment like yours, but my experience with Merlin is that they're one of few shops that ships the same day and actually answers emails promptly too. I've waited days or even more than a week for a reply from the likes of Ribble and Evans, and the big shops like Wiggle are too busy to even ship promptly.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:08 am

I've previously had good experience with merlin. I completed this order after they answered a response over night. Not in an all-mighty rush, just surprised at the difference between c r c and merlin delivery times
skynet (c r c) seem to be awesome
trakpak (merlin) are crapola

Philistine

Postby Philistine » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:57 pm

AT the end of June I got a bit of unexpected cash and I decided to treat myself to a Playstation 4. I ordered it on line and had to pay a delivery charge of about $20. The same day I placed an order with Wiggle (2 tyres and a rear cluster) which came to just over $100, and so I qualified for free delivery. The Wiggle order took 6 days to arrive from Portsmouth, England, and the Playstation took 14 days to traverse 4 or 5 Sydney suburbs. I emailed both suppliers to tell them about it and got a very nice personal email from Wiggle thanking me for my comments. I got a form letter from the Playstation supplier (J B Hifi). that did not actually tell me anything.

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:29 pm

Philistine wrote:AT the end of June I got a bit of unexpected cash and I decided to treat myself to a Playstation 4. I ordered it on line and had to pay a delivery charge of about $20. The same day I placed an order with Wiggle (2 tyres and a rear cluster) which came to just over $100, and so I qualified for free delivery. The Wiggle order took 6 days to arrive from Portsmouth, England, and the Playstation took 14 days to traverse 4 or 5 Sydney suburbs. I emailed both suppliers to tell them about it and got a very nice personal email from Wiggle thanking me for my comments. I got a form letter from the Playstation supplier (J B Hifi). that did not actually tell me anything.
Straya - wheelset from the UK 4 days, bottle cages from QLD to WA 10 days.

Bird

Postby Bird » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:48 pm

I gave up on aussie post long ago... Looking at parcel tracking while back.

Small parcel going from Dandenong to my place.. 22 min (23.4 km)

But in Aussie Post wisdom - it went 908klms from the senders place to SYDNEY was there 2 days... while there, it moved about 30mins from Chullora to Granville - that took 16 hours.

Then from memory it was Chullora to Sunshine West, back to Chullora then back to Sunshine West then to my place.

Wish I'd just gone and picked it up... but free postage was offered.

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:43 am

free delivery
Did your tracking number work? My order was despatched yesterday but the tracking number they provided has no information.

Defy The Odds

Postby Defy The Odds » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:13 pm

Bird wrote:I gave up on aussie post long ago... Looking at parcel tracking while back.

Small parcel going from Dandenong to my place.. 22 min (23.4 km)

But in Aussie Post wisdom - it went 908klms from the senders place to SYDNEY was there 2 days... while there, it moved about 30mins from Chullora to Granville - that took 16 hours.

Then from memory it was Chullora to Sunshine West, back to Chullora then back to Sunshine West then to my place.

Wish I'd just gone and picked it up... but free postage was offered.

That is p1ss poor ! Seriously ridiculous and frustrating in the extreme. They are constantly sending me emails to rate their service, I think perhaps email them with this info, they might actually take it on board !

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:31 pm

liamw11 wrote:
free delivery
Did your tracking number work? My order was despatched yesterday but the tracking number they provided has no information.
yes. so ordered last friday. i click on the trakpak link and get 2 events listed. i then click on "view more tracking". this opens in a new browser instance. latest entry there is:
24/11/2016 09:17 Shipment Departed london

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:40 pm

jasonc wrote:
liamw11 wrote:
free delivery
yes. so ordered last friday. i click on the trakpak link and get 2 events listed. i then click on "view more tracking". this opens in a new browser instance. latest entry there is:
24/11/2016 09:17 Shipment Departed london
Cheers, the link they gave me was SkyNet. I'll try looking the tracking number up in trakpak.

Bird

Postby Bird » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:23 pm

Defy The Odds wrote:That is p1ss poor ! Seriously ridiculous and frustrating in the extreme. They are constantly sending me emails to rate their service, I think perhaps email them with this info, they might actually take it on board !

You know it would only get deleted... theres 20,000 replies to our questionare...
18,000 say we are pathetic... BUT THERES 2000 POSITIVE! Mission accomplished.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:54 pm

c r c - $160 worth of bits. One item got cancelled due to inventory stuff up, but they still sent the rest of my order with free shipping even though it was below the threshold

21/11 - Ordered
21/11 - confirmed cancellation of one item, but everything else was dispatched
28/11 - arrived.

Kind of worked out well cos the item that was cancelled i managed to buy from Wiggle at $15 cheaper. yay!

Speaking which

28/11 - ordered
28/11 - dispatched

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Planet X were having a sale so I thought I might stock up on spare tubes but they want $84 just to ship 10 tubes to Australia! So I emailed them asking if this was a mistake and they replied back saying it is the correct charge by the courier and that it's based on cubic measurements and 10 tubes are a large parcel. I didn't bother to email back to tll them that every other online UK bikeshop only charge $10 or so freight, I will just vote with my feet (keyboard) and go elsewhere to buy my bike parts.