Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Il_Mascalzone

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby Il_Mascalzone » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:41 pm

Bought some Park Tools from Bikebug a couple weeks back, delivery looked promising as I received a 'dispatch' email the next day. Following the tracking via the link for a few days until I noticed 'no one home' and 'incorrect address' pop up. I emailed Bikebug telling them my address was correct and I hadn't received the goods, their response was to send me the courier company phone number and chase it up myself.

Perhaps I over reacted but I've never been told by any other online retailers to chase the delivery myself, I said I wouldn't do that and I'd like a refund. Their response was that they would arrange for the product to be sent back to BikeBug Sydney and upon arrival they'd refund me.

It's been 2 weeks and I'm still waiting...

WhingingPom

Postby WhingingPom » Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:17 am

Ask them if they're able to spell chargeback. If they can't, call your credit card issuer and get them to do it instead.

Ballmead

Postby Ballmead » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:11 pm

I ordered a set of 105 brake callipers from Bikebug.com on Sunday night and they arrived Monday afternoon. Absolutely brilliant customer service as always.

DaveQB

Postby DaveQB » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:17 pm

Ballmead wrote:I ordered a set of 105 brake callipers from Bikebug.com on Sunday night and they arrived Monday afternoon. Absolutely brilliant customer service as always.
I've had similar. They can be very quick.

I had a sock that came with a hole in the stitching. Reported it with photos and got a new pair sent.
Ht: 182cm | Wt: 84kg | Bikes: Felt AR1 2016, Felt B2 2013
Sucessful Trades --> files.dward.us/Cycling/BNA-Trades.txt

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:15 pm

Interesting fail by Wiggle to not state the minimum spend for free delivery to Australia.

http://www.this link is broken.au/h/option/inter ... UD&dest=27

In the case of the US site, it's listed on the home page. This used to be the case on the Australian site as well. Sneaky.

KetoPirate

Postby KetoPirate » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:51 pm

Negative review of velogear.

Paid for tracking, didnt work until 2 hours before it was delivered. Took 10 days to receive and it is the wrong item. Not only is it wrong, but my receipt from the online purchase shows the serial number for the item that arrived so it looks as though they sent the right item but the wrong product is linked with the item i ordered.

I ordered a surly track cog, received the surly cassette cog.

If you order the track cog from their website, you get a receipt via email with the cassette cog serial number so you cant argue that you received the wrong item.

Total scam.

Still waiting for them to get back to me.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Feb 05, 2016 4:47 am

singlespeedscott wrote:My latest experience with Ribble hasn't been the greatest.

2 weeks prior to my birthday my wife asked me to buy myself a birthday present. I was after some narrower handlebars for the roadie so I ordered a set from Ribble. To get the free shipping option I also ordered a 9 speed Campagnolo Record chain.

The package took 16 days to arrive, the slowest shipping time of late and as such missed my birthday by 2 days. The worst of it was the chain wasn't in the box, although it had been ticked off on the check sheet.

Fired of an email. I am yet to hear anything back :cry:
After a few emails, Ribble finally delivered my chain on Monday 02/02/16 :?

indeck

Postby indeck » Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:08 pm

Wiggle charge $15 to refund or exchange something, in my case something that costs $25 was too small so effectively i'm stuck with it. IMO that's really poor. Won't buy from them again.

fil_farina

Postby fil_farina » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:58 pm

Last time I had to return something to Wiggle, they refunded the lot and there was no charge at all. This was in Nov 2015

mikesbytes
Super Mod
Super Mod

Postby mikesbytes » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:07 pm

Couldn't get Ribble's tracking to work, the link provided in the order details seems to pass the wrong parameter to the delivery service and manually putting in the order reference didn't work for me either.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
If the R-1 rule is broken, what happens to N+1?

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:39 am

fil_farina wrote:Last time I had to return something to Wiggle, they refunded the lot and there was no charge at all. This was in Nov 2015
There's no $15 charge if the return is for a faulty item or if Wiggle sent the wrong item. But if you change your mind or a clothing item doesn't fit then Wiggle charge a $15 return fee.

foo on patrol

Postby foo on patrol » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:36 am

Just letting everyone know, that Bikebug don't price match anymore. :( The difference between some tyres that I want, even with a shipping cost from T7 is to big a gap for me.

Foo
I don't suffer fools easily and so long as you have done your best,you should have no regrets.
Goal 6000km

VinceGU05

Postby VinceGU05 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:02 pm

Bought some stuff from torpedo7. Received in 5 days.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:25 am

ChainReaction Cycles. Ordered Monday evening, delivered this morning. So four days. DHL of course, which is very efficient with excellent tracking, unlike TrakPak which is typically used by Wiggle and CR (to a lesser degree). A real pity if Wiggle does takeover ChianReaction, as is rumoured, because delivery will be TrakPak (typically 5 days slower with terrible tracking).

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:11 pm

Bought some Rapha gear for my mate's birthday. Ordered Tuesday arvo, arrived today....standard delivery :shock: Noticed it was dispatched from honkers, maybe they have a warehouse there now?

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:21 pm

done a few orders lately
wiggle - 1 week from delivery to order
pushys. ordered Tuesday night. arrived Brisbane Wednesday before 11am.

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:49 pm

biker jk wrote:Interesting fail by Wiggle to not state the minimum spend for free delivery to Australia.

In the case of the US site, it's listed on the home page. This used to be the case on the Australian site as well. Sneaky.
Normally it comes up when adding stuff to your cart- "Spend just AU$xx.xx more to qualify for free delivery on this order"

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:52 pm

Ross wrote:
biker jk wrote:Interesting fail by Wiggle to not state the minimum spend for free delivery to Australia.

Normally it comes up when adding stuff to your cart- "Spend just AU$xx.xx more to qualify for free delivery on this order"
It's back on he front page now (free tracked delivery for all orders over $99). Wiggle must have heard my complaint. :lol:

piggywiggy

Postby piggywiggy » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:26 pm

biker jk wrote:ChainReaction Cycles. Ordered Monday evening, delivered this morning. So four days. DHL of course, which is very efficient with excellent tracking, unlike TrakPak which is typically used by Wiggle and CR (to a lesser degree). A real pity if Wiggle does takeover ChianReaction, as is rumoured, because delivery will be TrakPak (typically 5 days slower with terrible tracking).
Ordered some gear from c r c on the 16th of Feb.

It's being delivered by TrakPak and has just landed in Sydney today.

Tracking isn't bad so far, updates for every part of the process, and this is free shipping so I can't complain.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:32 pm

piggywiggy wrote:
biker jk wrote:ChainReaction Cycles. Ordered Monday evening, delivered this morning. So four days. DHL of course, which is very efficient with excellent tracking, unlike TrakPak which is typically used by Wiggle and CR (to a lesser degree). A real pity if Wiggle does takeover ChianReaction, as is rumoured, because delivery will be TrakPak (typically 5 days slower with terrible tracking).
Ordered some gear from c r c on the 16th of Feb.

It's being delivered by TrakPak and has just landed in Sydney today.

Tracking isn't bad so far, updates for every part of the process, and this is free shipping so I can't complain.
So let's assume delivery is tomorrow, February 26. That's 10 days versus 4 days from DHL and an average of 7 days from c r c/Wiggle pre-TrakPak. So c r c/Wiggle's standard delivery service has worsened.

piggywiggy

Postby piggywiggy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Yeah no doubt that DHL was a lot faster. Probably cutting more corners to save more $$$.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:40 am

Just a heads up that Ribble has launched a new website and there have been numerous problems. The first was that you could not select AUD for the prices. This has been fixed after I complained. I also found that you could not filter by say men's/women's in the clothing section. Instead, you had to look at the descriptions in the heading but these are truncated requiring clicking on individual items. Pretty inefficient. When I finally ordered I found a 4.5% discrepancy between the total in AUD in the Ribble invoice and that charged to my Paypal account. I complained about this and Ribble are refunding the higher amount and sending a Paypal request for payment of the correct lower amount. Stuff ups galore. Don't forget that Ribble was recently sold to True Capital, a retail investment firm,

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:58 am

Thanks for the update about Ribble as I am considering an order shortly. Did you get the change password 5% off code to work?

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:16 pm

dalai47 wrote:Thanks for the update about Ribble as I am considering an order shortly. Did you get the change password 5% off code to work?
If you have problems with it just contact Ribble. They have been pretty responsive and their prices are very competitive. They just need to get all the bugs fixed. Likely rushed new website to live without adequate testing.

dalai47

Postby dalai47 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:04 pm

biker jk wrote:If you have problems with it just contact Ribble. They have been pretty responsive and their prices are very competitive. They just need to get all the bugs fixed. Likely rushed new website to live without adequate testing.
I did message them a couple of nights ago inquiring about the code not working and as yet I've had no response... But agree Ribble have been my go to UK shop mostly these days and I have always been happy with them.

Agree the website does look rushed through!