Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

tekapo

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby tekapo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:54 pm

AUbicycles wrote:4.5 weeks for c r c delivery, no tracking and sent through TNT 'Prioritaire' (which I think means... extra slow).

c r c customer service are playing funny games - a 'no show' is first recorded after 30 working days - so effectively 6 - 7 weeks after dispatch. But the parts are no longer of use and as a customer, 4.5 weeks delivery time is inconsistent and unreasonable (considering the trend, the immediate dispatch data and lack of ther data or information suggesting slow delivery).
I think its time to give c r c a miss now. It was good when their free shipping was delivered in 2-3 weeks. But it seems like 5-6-7 weeks is a common sight these days.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:20 pm

tekapo wrote:
AUbicycles wrote:4.5 weeks for c r c delivery, no tracking and sent through TNT 'Prioritaire' (which I think means... extra slow).

c r c customer service are playing funny games - a 'no show' is first recorded after 30 working days - so effectively 6 - 7 weeks after dispatch. But the parts are no longer of use and as a customer, 4.5 weeks delivery time is inconsistent and unreasonable (considering the trend, the immediate dispatch data and lack of ther data or information suggesting slow delivery).
I think its time to give c r c a miss now. It was good when their free shipping was delivered in 2-3 weeks. But it seems like 5-6-7 weeks is a common sight these days.
My last two c r c orders took exactly a week to arrive. Both free postage. However, in both cases there was a hole in the box.

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:00 pm

biker jk wrote:
tekapo wrote:

My last two c r c orders took exactly a week to arrive. Both free postage. However, in both cases there was a hole in the box.
Free Free postage or over 99 dollar Free postage? If its Free Free postage, did you buy a tyre or similar that automatically upgrades the shipping method (but still free)?

fil_farina

Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby fil_farina » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:18 pm

Funny how people will put up with c r c taking so long to deliver. No way I'd put up with that!!
What about the outcry when Wiggle changed delivery methods and delivery took 2-3 weeks instead of 1-2 ??

Yet people still wait for c r c?

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:13 pm

fil_farina wrote:Funny how people will put up with c r c taking so long to deliver. No way I'd put up with that!!
What about the outcry when Wiggle changed delivery methods and delivery took 2-3 weeks instead of 1-2 ??

?

For me personally,they went from averaging 7 - 8 days,to one order that took a couple of weeks,to all of a sudden this latest that has taken w-a-y longer. I waited just as long to email c r c as I would with Wiggle. Given the overall good track record I've had dealing with c r c,I have no problem giving them plenty of time before having a whinge,since anomalies happen. If,however,it becomes the norm,well that's different.
formerly the fat climber

tekapo

Postby tekapo » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:00 pm

the fat climber wrote:
fil_farina wrote:Funny how people will put up with c r c taking so long to deliver. No way I'd put up with that!!

?

For me personally,they went from averaging 7 - 8 days,to one order that took a couple of weeks,to all of a sudden this latest that has taken w-a-y longer. I waited just as long to email c r c as I would with Wiggle. Given the overall good track record I've had dealing with c r c,I have no problem giving them plenty of time before having a whinge,since anomalies happen. If,however,it becomes the norm,well that's different.
I think we have try to figure out which shipping methods results in these excessive long delivery times.

If its the free delivery (no minimum spend) that takes so long, then well, fair enough, its free and my order was only 15 bucks. But I won't bother with their free shipping offer again.

But if its the normal free delivery with 99 minimum spend, then I think its unacceptable. Because, first, its their every day offer (a direct equal to Wiggle's 50 pound minimum for free deliver). Second, for a order of that size, I don't want to spend 6 weeks wondering where hell it is. I wasn't too fussed about the 2 water bottles in my last order, but 100 bucks worth of goodies is a different story.

I first tried out c r c during one of their free shipping offers, it took 2 weeks to arrive and everything was good. Did a couple more time since, and they were good. But the last one took 6 weeks, and I won't be using their free shipping offer again. I'll be going back to Wiggle, T7, Pushys because the only thing that attracted me to c r c was the free shipping. Their prices was a bit meh, good but not great, same for their range, and I noticed a lot of stuff they sent out is OEM and shipped in c r c boxes. E.g. a SRAM chain from Wiggle is in a retail plastic box. a SRAM chain from c r c is in a plastic bag. A chain is a chain, but I still quite liked the plastic box for keeping spare chain in.

kenwstr

Postby kenwstr » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:09 pm

kenwstr wrote:I ordered tyres form Evan's Cycles.
Dispatched 2-10, still haven't arrived, tomorrow will be 3 weeks from dispatch.
Sent 2 emails to them, both ignored, should I be worried?

They sent an auto generated email inviting me to review the product.
I just may do that......... :twisted:

Ken
I contacted Evans after 3 week, they considered it lost and offered a resend but I decided to at least wait for the following Monday. That's when it arrived.
I have had the tyres on the bike about a week now and they are great!

The missed emails were my fault and postal service is not in their control.
So I am happy that Evans were very willing to take care of it promptly and can't fault them at all on this.

Ken

find_bruce

Postby find_bruce » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:27 pm

Must have got very lucky with c r c - ordered Sunday, delivered Thursday, free shipping, not express. Of course it would be for a bunch of stuff I was in no particular hurry for - just replenishing my stash of consumables

I hear what you are saying about pricing tekapo - when you want to get a bundle of bits, the number of times I am hunting around to see who has everything that I want & then comparing prices.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:04 pm

My update on the c r c - I asked if they could find a resolution. Keeping in mind I already had 6 (or so) emails to customer support because of the no-show. Also keeping in mind that the item order was less that $25 and free shipping was automatic because of a promotion they were running.

I ask how to return the item and they said keep it. I actually don't need it because I had to source the parts elsewhere, but it is still a solution that causes the least convenience for both.

Of course they now need to refund. Overall it is a solution without winners. It reflects on me as a modern consumer with expectations of online retailers, there is certainly more understanding and patience when dealing with a real person at the local bike shop.
Cycling is in my BNA

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:10 pm

The expectation for fast free shipping from c r c is only fair IMO. In the past I've ordered stuff and have had it arrive in a week with free shipping. My latest order is now been a month. Not good enough when a precedent has been set.

Dragster1

Postby Dragster1 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:46 pm

Everything has always arrived from c r c to me and always around the 3-5 week mark. I would say that the postage service would be playing funny buggers being so close to Christmas people are ordering early and they are overloaded you know the story by now :|

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:14 pm

For the Chain Reaction Cycles delivery, TNT was listed as the logistics provider on the package - however I think it was dropped off by Auspost rather than a TNT messenger. Considering that c r c dispatched a day after ordering, it is an issue with the contracted provider - because of the rub-off on c r c business, they would want to be onto it and try and get some reliability and certainty.
Cycling is in my BNA

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:44 am

My free shipping service was Royal Mail which has me even more perplexed. They have always been fast for me in the past.

CELL Bikes

Postby CELL Bikes » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:04 pm

AUbicycles wrote: I since ordered from Cell Bikes and got the delivery in 13 hours and well in time for my event.
Happy you got your order in time. If anyone needs anything quickly for an event, please email me and I will organise for you to jump the queue (mark@this link is broken).
Please mention you are from BNA in your email.

-website mgr Mark
What do you think about our Sydney Bike Shop? Let me know! Help us improve!
http://www.this link is broken/contact-us

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:35 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:The expectation for fast free shipping from c r c is only fair IMO. In the past I've ordered stuff and have had it arrive in a week with free shipping. My latest order is now been a month. Not good enough when a precedent has been set.
I do hope you know you can complain that the item hasn't been received after 15 business days have elapsed?
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Will be tomorrow. I was trying to be patient.

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:30 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:Will be tomorrow. I was trying to be patient.
I've done that, ok been 15 days, I'll contact c r c tomorrow, get home from work n parcel waiting for me :)
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

Jesmol

Postby Jesmol » Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:32 pm

Baalzamon wrote:
singlespeedscott wrote:Will be tomorrow. I was trying to be patient.
I've done that, ok been 15 days, I'll contact c r c tomorrow, get home from work n parcel waiting for me :)
I've tried that, a number of times and it usually works, my latest order from Merlin has not heard of this theory though and has stubbornly failed to turn up, 15 days as of Monday

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:38 pm

c r c were also prompt in their refund so didn't muck about which is good news.
Cycling is in my BNA

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:16 am

My c r c order placed on the 5th of October,listed as sent on the 7th,and never been seen since,was very promptly re-sent last week after only a short email exchange. Still awaiting the replacement,but happy with how c r c dealt with the issue.

BikeBug order that I placed late last Monday night arrived very early last Wednesday morning,which was fantastic. I see why they've received such rave reviews here. :)
formerly the fat climber

li2099

Postby li2099 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:09 am

Bikebug:

Monday morning 12:08AM purchased a Selle Italia seat.
Monday afternoon around 4PM received by Fastway Couriers.

One of the best price online.
How good is that.

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:35 am

Ordered some stuff from c r c, only really needed a chain but ordered a few other bits and pieces to get the order over $100 to get the free shipping. Got an email to say chain is out of stock and they have cancelled that but are sending the other stuff. Bugger. Not to worry, I can still use he other stuff and I'm in no hurry so I'll wait...and wait. A month goes past and no sign of order so I send a polite email to c r c via their website and get the (annoying and mostly irrelevant) generic response back asking if I have checked at the post office. Replied back saying I definitely haven't got it and filled out their lost parcel declaration. They reply promptly saying they are going to resend it (no option of cancelling order and getting refund). That was on 28/10. A couple of days later the original order arrived. Still waiting to see if the second one arrives.

PBK have been a bit slow too, took nearly 3 weeks for one of their orders to turn up recently.

Wiggle have been good, about a week, package was postmarked Sydney which might explain it. Part I ordered was showing only 1 in stock on normal this link is broken website and it asks me if I want to shop using this link is broken.au website. OK, nothing to lose here I think, price was the same delivery (free) was the same and they were showing 1 in stock as well. A bit odd but if price is the same and order gets to me quicker then it's a win.

Ribble have been pretty consistent, orders taking a week or just over normally and prices have been good.

Haven't bought anything from Evans for a while but last time I did it was all good, delivery in just over a week.

ecg

Postby ecg » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:59 pm

My recent experience with some of the majors:

Ribble - always shipped via priority trackable service regardless of order value. Delivered in about 5 - 7 working days.

Wiggle - shipped DHL express (although this was a wheelset so not sure if it would apply to regular orders) Trackable and delivered in 5 working days.

c r c - shipped regular international post. Not trackable. Usually delivered in 10 working days, although still waiting on my most recent order which was dispatched 12 working days ago.

PBK - regular international post. Not trackable. Delivery 7 - 10 working days.

Pushys - delivered via courier same day, although I do live in Brisbane.

I think I know who my favourites are!

slidetaker

Postby slidetaker » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:08 pm

Thanks for the comprehensive updates.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:58 am

My c r c order finally showed up on Monday. 1 month after I placed the order :mad:
I have tonight, 12/11, placed an order with PBK for 2 x Clement X'plor MSO tyres. Shipping was the basic free option. Based on experience from the dim, dark, past, I'm not expecting them to show up until Christmas.