Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

ecg

Re: Online Purchases - good and bad experiences

Postby ecg » Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:46 pm

c r c order finally showed up 14 business days after dispatch. 18 days total.Still waiting on a couple more.

I'm not sure what "business days" have to do with shipping times anyway. The airlines and the big logistics sorting warehouses operate on the weekends don't they? Fair enough if your parcel arrives at your post office on Friday and isn't delivered until Monday or your order is dispatched on a Friday and picked up by a shipper on Monday, but once it's with the shipper do business days really matter?

boss

Postby boss » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:34 pm

Rapha order. Recieved a 20% off coupon in an email from them, I needed a little bit of stuff so I got excited and bought said stuff that I need.

Ordered Friday evening AU time, got free express shipping, arrived in Adelaide Monday.

I wear a small in Rapha Pro Team, but always wondered if a medium would be better. So I went along, ordered two Pro Team kits (wanted both, different colours) but ordered one in small, one in medium. This way I could work out which one fits better, and then return the other one for the correct size.

Turns out I am a size small as suspected so it was kinda a wasted effort, but it means I'll stop wondering about my 'true' pro team size, hahaha.

I submitted a return request online, Rapha have provided a reply-paid Australian address and I've sent the size medium kit back. Expect to get a replacement in the next 7 days or so.

You pay a quite a lot for Rapha gear - but you sure do get a great customer service experience everytime.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:01 pm

boss wrote:You pay a quite a lot for Rapha gear - but you sure do get a great customer service experience everytime.
+ 1. Had two issues, both items return and replaced with minium fuss. Top notch customer service

Waiting on next 20% discount to grab some pro team kit, bundle discounts work out to be excellent value if you compare to whats out there.

boss

Postby boss » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:37 pm

jaseyjase wrote:
boss wrote:You pay a quite a lot for Rapha gear - but you sure do get a great customer service experience everytime.
+ 1. Had two issues, both items return and replaced with minium fuss. Top notch customer service

Waiting on next 20% discount to grab some pro team kit, bundle discounts work out to be excellent value if you compare to whats out there.
Exactly, you pay similar money for high-end Assos or Castelli from one of the discount online stores with their limited range and fairly average customer service.

Not tut-tutting anyone for buying Assos or Castelli, I just know that I always feel good after dealing with Rapha. They get all of the small things right.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Wiggle. Ordered 7/11. Delivered 14/11. Standard delivery. Consistently 7 days from order to delivery.

Jesmol

Postby Jesmol » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:36 pm

Jesmol wrote:
Baalzamon wrote:
singlespeedscott wrote:Will be tomorrow. I was trying to be patient.
I've done that, ok been 15 days, I'll contact c r c tomorrow, get home from work n parcel waiting for me :)
I've tried that, a number of times and it usually works, my latest order from Merlin has not heard of this theory though and has stubbornly failed to turn up, 15 days as of Monday
And its finally turned up today, Stellar work Auspost..... had two opposite ends of the spectrum now from Merlin, one arrived within a week, one took nearly 4 weeks.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:48 am

I'd like to give Team Garmin Sharp massive kudos!

I recently purchased a TT frame and fork from them, but there was a mix up, they more than made up for the mix up and delay by including a lot of the other parts I would have needed to purchase separately. The included bars in particular are going to save me $1800! :shock:

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:05 am

pics g-boaf?

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:12 am

jasonc wrote:pics g-boaf?
Not yet, it's finally on the way. I imagine it'll be here by Friday, barring no further surprises.

So the shopping list now will be something along the lines of:

Di2 aero shifters, brakes, crankset/chainrings, Di2 electronics box (or get it reprogrammed), saddle.

That's still a lot, but less than I expected.

wgc138

Postby wgc138 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:19 am

Order was made on 17 October, shipped soon after and still waiting for the package... just over a month, never had a problem with pbk or the hut group for all that matter.

Have made several contacts with their team, seems like a run around with no tangible results.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:20 pm

Wiggle - about $150 worth of gear, jersey, nike compression layer, cleats, socks.

12/11 - Ordered and paid
13/11 - Processed and sent

Didnt get a tracking which i normally got so sent an email and they said it was sent via australia post and has no tracking, so oz warehouse. Quoted 10 working days, hopefully comes sooner and not longer then if processed in the UK!

18/11 - arrived

6 days, happy as larry
Last edited by jaseyjase on Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:24 pm

g-boaf wrote:
jasonc wrote:pics g-boaf?
Not yet, it's finally on the way. I imagine it'll be here by Friday, barring no further surprises.

So the shopping list now will be something along the lines of:

Di2 aero shifters, brakes, crankset/chainrings, Di2 electronics box (or get it reprogrammed), saddle.

That's still a lot, but less than I expected.
Just hope it wasn't this frame. :lol:

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:47 pm

New.

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:14 pm

Ordered from Merlin time from order to delivery 7 days. Ordered from Rapha last Friday 4.50pm, arrived today. If only I fit into all of Rapha's stuff :oops: :lol:

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:00 pm

Fat and old - how long did it take from your package leaving Merlin to arrive?

I bought some wheels last week on Monday, they didn't ship'em until Wed/Thursday. So I'm hoping they'll turn up today or tomorrow, but I have a feeling it'll be a bit longer than that :(

fat and old

Postby fat and old » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:09 pm

I think 6 days. The tracking didn't make sense.....seemed to stall at some point before it left UK.

Jesmol

Postby Jesmol » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:48 pm

Merlins tracking stops working once it leaves the UK, the premium shipping usually arrives pretty quickly, but it is handled by Auspost once its here, so that a bit of a crap-shoot. The Std packaging can vary wildly, I've had one arrive in under a week, one take nearly 4 weeks, most are usually 2 weeks.

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:56 pm

Yikes 4 weeks! With the wheels being semi expensive, I would have imagined they'd have used a better tracker. But the number I used doesn't get picked up by Aus Post, so that's never helpful!

Jesmol

Postby Jesmol » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:19 pm

Ignoto wrote:Yikes 4 weeks! With the wheels being semi expensive, I would have imagined they'd have used a better tracker. But the number I used doesn't get picked up by Aus Post, so that's never helpful!
if you paid for the premium shipping then it's never been more than two weeks.

slidetaker

Postby slidetaker » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:38 pm

Ribble, $107, free shipping, small mechanical bike parts. Happy customer.

Shipped 13/11 Received 25/11.
9 working days to metro Melbourne via Royal Mail & Aus Post.

First timer for Ribble, I was just looking for an alternative to c r c after some recent comments here....

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:59 pm

the fat climber wrote:My c r c order placed on the 5th of October,listed as sent on the 7th,and never been seen since,was very promptly re-sent last week after only a short email exchange. Still awaiting the replacement,but happy with how c r c dealt with the issue.
The replacement finally arrived today,14 days after my last comment - and about 20 since being re-sent. :roll:
formerly the fat climber

wgc138

Postby wgc138 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:36 pm

PBK is very slow dealing with the missing order, still chasing it up.

singlespeedscott

Postby singlespeedscott » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:49 pm

singlespeedscott wrote:My c r c order finally showed up on Monday. 1 month after I placed the order :mad:
I have tonight, 12/11, placed an order with PBK for 2 x Clement X'plor MSO tyres. Shipping was the basic free option. Based on experience from the dim, dark, past, I'm not expecting them to show up until Christmas.
The order showed up today :shock: 16 days for PBK is the fastest I've experienced.
An order that I placed with Ribblecycles also turned up today. Basic free shipping with the order placed in the 14/11. So 14 days for that.

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Sat Nov 29, 2014 5:07 pm

So I'm tossing up about getting some wheels from Ribble, they charge a flat fee of $50 to send them which is fine. But, they don't mention what type of shipping is used. Looking at their delivery info, it's just lumped in there with their normally shipping. So I presume it'd be the 2 week normal?

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:02 pm

How 'bout "weirdest online experiences"?

Bought some Rock n Roll lube off eBay last weekend (Sunday the 23nd),paid for it straight away. Last Monday got an email with a Aus Post tracking number,item coming from Melbourne to Lithgow NSW. Updates go like this:

Mon 24 Nov 2014 16:14 - Shipping information received by Australia Post
Tue 25 Nov 2014 11:09 - Processed through Australia Post facility SUNSHINE WEST VIC
Wed 26 Nov 2014 07:38 - Processed through Australia Post facility CHULLORA NSW
Mon 01 Dec 2014 09:01 - Processed through Australia Post facility WELSHPOOL WA

Say What??? Had expected to pick up last Friday,now looks like a long wait while it does a lap of the map!
formerly the fat climber