waterproof cycling jacket

il padrone

Re: waterproof cycling jacket

Postby il padrone » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:08 pm

KRG wrote:Crashes happen and jackets may repel water but not friction with the road. Even a small, slow crash could become super expensive if you knick your elbow on the deck.
Remote Equipment Repairs is your answer :wink:
Mandatory helmet law?
"An unjustified and unethical imposition on a healthy activity."

nutsack

Postby nutsack » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:25 am

KRG wrote:Bought a PBK Polaris Neutron jacket. Works a treat and looks the goods. Currently $81!!! Would buy another one in a heart beat. After buying a Mavic for north of $400 and then having a spill (in the wet of course) and losing half of it to the bitumen the price of the PBK is spot on. Crashes happen and jackets may repel water but not friction with the road. Even a small, slow crash could become super expensive if you knick your elbow on the deck.
Was going to get a Lusso mentioned at the start of the thread but have just had a look at the PBK Polaris Neutron and have decided to purchase one of these. Looking forward to receiving it. I dont fancy spending 100's on a waterproof given the chance of rain here in Adelaide is so low. Have spent upwards of $300 on windproofs which I would use far more often than a waterproof.

Yay 10 posts.
Main ride: BMC SLX01 Race Master 2010 SRAM Red

Alex Sniga

Postby Alex Sniga » Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Polaris PBK - sounds good, but given it's black - probably the last thing I want to wear when it's raining, getting dark and car windows could be getting fogged. Some sort of reflective colour would be better, like orange, yellow etc.