Spotted a special - Post it in here!

10speedsemiracer

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:30 pm

march83 wrote:Can't comment since I only ordered it this morning. MichaelB has one that I believe he quite likes...
Ah ok, thanks.
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:24 pm

march83 wrote:Pushys seem to be clearing out their Kinesis framesets at half price: https://www.pushys.com.au/bikes/frames/ ... rder=price

limited sizes and colours, but the prices are fantastic.
Now, if someone can convince them to do the same with the OPEN frames. Or maybe... 80% off?

Also, if they can let me know first, that's be awesome.
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:42 pm

10speedsemiracer wrote:
march83 wrote:Can't comment since I only ordered it this morning. MichaelB has one that I believe he quite likes...
Ah ok, thanks.
That I do. 57cm 4S Disc. 4,700km so far and no issues.

Only thing wrong is I paid $760, but that was still good

10speedsemiracer

Postby 10speedsemiracer » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:58 pm

MichaelB wrote:
10speedsemiracer wrote:
Ah ok, thanks.
That I do. 57cm 4S Disc. 4,700km so far and no issues.

Only thing wrong is I paid $760, but that was still good
Pix might be nice, if you have time, and may possibly help someone else debating whether or not to pull the trigger on a Kinesis frame. Always helps to see one fully built up..
Campagnolo for show, SunTour for go

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:10 pm

There's a few reviews I found online with pics, and helped realise although the price is good, flat mount disc brakes mean I can't use any 10sp 29er groupsets cheaply/immediately/easily despite the QR and 130 to 135 spacing features. Despite aesthetic likes for the racelight, the crosslight with external cables and larger tyre clearance better fits the parts bin winter commuter frame idea.

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:49 am

eldavo wrote:There's a few reviews I found online with pics, and helped realise although the price is good, flat mount disc brakes mean I can't use any 10sp 29er groupsets cheaply/immediately/easily despite the QR and 130 to 135 spacing features. Despite aesthetic likes for the racelight, the crosslight with external cables and larger tyre clearance better fits the parts bin winter commuter frame idea.
I had the same issue - post mount calipers. The bike comes with some adaptors, and I only had to buy one for the front at $20. So no issue there. Have a look at the Kenisis site as it shows the little 'parts kit' that it comes with.

eldavo

Postby eldavo » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:35 am

I missed out on the Crosslight that would have been easier parts use and bigger tyre clearance, putting it off for a while. Last one left now was the Racelight, the ability to run my rim brake or 29er disc brake wheels, BSA 68mm BB, for the price of a road bike crankset, I gave in, yep I'll just have to learn the ways of internal cables now. Thanks (?) If any build threads going I'll have a search. I'm currently on Schwalbe Marathon Plus in rear 25c, closer to a 28c, so think I'll get a 28c Plus in the 30c with guards quoted. May be flatbar with 1x10sp Mountain RD for economy and onboard brands for aero flatter back rather than drops.

stevecassidy

Postby stevecassidy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:27 pm

Bossi Bicycles are on special. I've just put an order in for the Pilot - Endurance Road Bike which at $850 for a Tiagra equipped disk braked roadie seems like very good value. This will be my new commuter and if it rides ok, wet weather bike.

This is a local Sydney outfit as I understand, I've seen their Titanium frame reviewed but not much mention of these lower end bikes. Seems like they might be having a hard time moving them with such deep discounts but I guess it's a competitive market.

Steve
Where's your next race? cabici.net lists bike races in Sydney

fergy1987

Postby fergy1987 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:31 am

stevecassidy wrote:Bossi Bicycles are on special. I've just put an order in for the Pilot - Endurance Road Bike which at $850 for a Tiagra equipped disk braked roadie seems like very good value. This will be my new commuter and if it rides ok, wet weather bike.

This is a local Sydney outfit as I understand, I've seen their Titanium frame reviewed but not much mention of these lower end bikes. Seems like they might be having a hard time moving them with such deep discounts but I guess it's a competitive market.

Steve
Jeez even I am considering pulling the pin on that Endurance Bike as a commuter for work.....Not sure if I am better off picking up a 2nd hand Defy or something though.

Arsenal

Postby Arsenal » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:02 am

Those Bossi bikes do look pretty well put together for the sale prices. I am torn though, I’m not sure I’m up to the drop bars on the Pilot (been years since I’ve really ridden), but I think the Carbon fork and other upgrades make it a better setup than the Link. I’m not sure how feasible it is to put a flat bar on it though?

Bennoz

Postby Bennoz » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:59 pm

Canyon breakaway sale - up to 25% off new 2018 bikes
https://www.canyon.com/en-au/specials/breakaway-sale/

"The big show is on the road. In celebration of the greatest spectacle in our sport, we’re offering you 26 days of unbeatable 24-hour-only deals on parts, accessories, and apparel, plus reductions on a complete range of our award-winning bikes. Whatever you ride, get geared up and get out there!"

opik_bidin

Postby opik_bidin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:18 pm

just asking about the rules

Are we allowed to post links to gumtree/ebay for deals that we think are special?

tomee

Postby tomee » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:49 pm

Bennoz wrote:Canyon breakaway sale - up to 25% off new 2018 bikes
https://www.canyon.com/en-au/specials/breakaway-sale/

"The big show is on the road. In celebration of the greatest spectacle in our sport, we’re offering you 26 days of unbeatable 24-hour-only deals on parts, accessories, and apparel, plus reductions on a complete range of our award-winning bikes. Whatever you ride, get geared up and get out there!"
Why did i have to see this post!

P!N20

Postby P!N20 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:12 pm

Calvin27

Postby Calvin27 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:09 am

P!N20 wrote:Cheap Knog stuff at Rebel: https://www.rebelsport.com.au/brands/kn ... t=1&page=1
Champion. After two crashes in the last few months I've lost my fleet of standardised tail lights. I generally try to run them all the same (so the mounts and charging is the same) but it gets expensive - this is perfect!
Heavy road bike
Cushy dirt bike
Very cushy dirt bike
Bike crushed by car (RIP)
No brakes bike
Ebike

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:25 pm

Pedals Plus in Gordon (NSW) have some pretty awesome deals going. I just picked up a set of Envie 3.4 tubs at a super price 8)

thomas1987

Postby thomas1987 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:48 pm

Paul B wrote:Pedals Plus in Gordon (NSW) have some pretty awesome deals going. I just picked up a set of Envie 3.4 tubs at a super price 8)
Oh how much did you get them for? Anything else on sale there?

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:26 pm

thomas1987 wrote:
Paul B wrote:Pedals Plus in Gordon (NSW) have some pretty awesome deals going. I just picked up a set of Envie 3.4 tubs at a super price 8)
Oh how much did you get them for? Anything else on sale there?
Lots of great buys. The delivery time to Tas is a shocker but that’s just the way it is. Ben, the owner of the shop is friendly and helpful. Knows what he is talking about and that always inspires confidence. Definitely worth taking a look online for some pretty impressive deals.

tomee

Postby tomee » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:02 pm

They cant ship bikes interstate can they?

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:48 pm

tomee wrote:
I guess that would depend on the make of bike. Some manufacturers set restrictions around shipping interstate. Not all do though. Just make sure you stipulate that they do not use Hunter or E- Go transport. Absolutely shocking service.

Warin

Postby Warin » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:45 pm

Paul B wrote:
tomee wrote:
I guess that would depend on the make of bike. Some manufacturers set restrictions around shipping interstate.
I don't think that is now legal in Australia. Time was when there were tariffs between states .. they were abolished .. and part of that abolishment was free trade between states...

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Magellan Cyclo 105HC Bike Computer $49 (Was $126) + $4.95 Shipped (AT) JB Hi Fi

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/394475

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/magellan/mage ... er/966493/

Stocks low
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

ValleyForge

Postby ValleyForge » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:56 pm

Warin wrote:I don't think that is now legal in Australia. Time was when there were tariffs between states .. they were abolished .. and part of that abolishment was free trade between states...
"Trade" maybe, but as I understand it, they are prohibited from selling anything but fully-assembled bikes by the suppliers.
Ha ha ha! Cookies on dowels.

Thoglette

Postby Thoglette » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:51 pm

Warin wrote:I don't think that is now legal in Australia. ....was free trade between states...
Only for governments. Apparently "private industry" is allowed to still ban trade across borders.
Remember it benefit us consumers when industry "self regulates"
Stop handing them the stick! - Dave Moulton
"People are worthy of respect, ideas are not." Peter Ellerton, UQ

Warin

Postby Warin » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:10 pm

Thoglette wrote:
Warin wrote:I don't think that is now legal in Australia. ....was free trade between states...
Only for governments.
Looks like your correct. :oops:
Thoglette wrote:Apparently "private industry" is allowed to still ban trade across borders.
Remember it benefit us consumers when industry "self regulates"
Yar, right.

The thing on selling full assembled bikes .. the lawyers think that self assembled things provide more opportunity for litigation. Think Ikea goes against that idea...