Spotted a special - Post it in here!

enduro2

Re: Spotted a special - Post it in here!

Postby enduro2 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:07 pm

Wiggle have 40% off Shimano Ultegra 6800 SPD-SL at the mo.

Picked up a pair for $116 + free shipping.

Just go to pick out some shoes to go with. Only have MTB shoes and they just won't do on a Roadie.

Any things I should look for in shoes? I'm in WA and the shops here are likely to have not a lot in way of choice, sizes or specials.

Ross

Postby Ross » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:47 am

Ribble

Six13

Postby Six13 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:18 pm

DA9000 C24 clincher wheelset $999

https://www.torpedo7.com.au/products/SH ... r-wheelset

don't know about shipping

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:30 pm

I feel justified posting this as we have a photography thread within the forum.

Lowepro Adventura 160 Camera Bag $8.00 with free shipping (I think today only)

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/279280
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

koshari

Postby koshari » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:45 pm

some pretty good bargains at the reid sale atm, bought some tires, a bmx chain , some brakes and a seat for the missus.

Ross

Postby Ross » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:18 am

Aldi have "dutch style" mens and womens bikes on sale from Saturday 10th December $199ea.

Also have locks that are a look-alike of Knog Party Frank available with key lock or combination lock $9.99

Bluetooth bike speaker that mounts on your handlebars, similar in size to your average bike light $29.99

USB bike lights front or rear similar to cheap button/coin battery ones like this (but USB rechargeable) $19.99 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hot-Bike-Bic ... 2383569994

Urban helmets AS/NZS 2063:2008 various colours inc red with white dots so you can look like a mushroom head $19.99

Not listed on their website yet, only in hardcopy catalogue.

march83

Postby march83 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:25 am

FOLLOW UPS:

http://www.this link is broken.au/endura-hyperon-bib-shorts/

^^ there was a post a few weeks/months back about these being on sale (AT)$55 so i grabbed a few pairs for commuting and to use on the trainer. Thought i'd provide some feedback. Great value, lots of gear for the money, but:
1) the chamois has absolutely no shape. Thickness, texture, comfort all fine but the shape is terrible. Hopefully they soften up and form a little but for now they just don't want to wrap around my junk in any meaningful way. Not an issue comfort wise, just kind of weird.
2) Appearance is definitely not premium. Sort of a satin finish which looks OK but when compared to proper nice kits is a bit cheap.
3) nice long cuffs, but they don't sit particularly well and bunch often.

So yeah, you're not going to win any beauty contests, but you will be comfortable and you'll have some change left in your pocket.
march83 wrote: I pulled the trigger on this the other day too: http://www.this link is broken.au/lezyne-super-c ... h-mapping/

was $189 last week, now down to $158.
This one goes OK. Arguably better than a 510, not as nice as a 520. Phone connection seems to be improving with every Android app upgrade. Display is OK, but not as premium as the 520. Overall, works pretty well but I much prefer my 520.
nickobec wrote:Capo Corsa SL jersey (current retail for $200) and a Capo Corsa SL bibs (current retail $275) with a interesting design for $110 posted.

I bought the black kit from http://therollingherd.com/ and the day after the first kit arrived and tested, I bought the white kit.
Really, really nice kit. The knicks are good, the jersey is great. Style is perfect for me. Super happy with this purchase, very tempted to grab another while the are still available at this price.
Top_Bhoy wrote:Castelli Free Aero Race Bib Shorts - Team Version at $99
http://www.this link is broken.au/castelli-free- ... m-version/
Grabbed a couple of these. Amazing knicks especially at the price. First day in them I tapped out a 5hr ride and was super comfortable. Everything the Endura are not - shapely, premium feel, great appearance. As always with the italian stuff, size up. At 6'1" and 86kg I'm right at the upper end of a large.

caneye

Postby caneye » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:35 am

march83 wrote:FOLLOW UPS:

http://www.this link is broken.au/endura-hyperon-bib-shorts/

^^ there was a post a few weeks/months back about these being on sale (AT)$55 so i grabbed a few pairs for commuting and to use on the trainer. Thought i'd provide some feedback. Great value, lots of gear for the money, but:
1) the chamois has absolutely no shape. Thickness, texture, comfort all fine but the shape is terrible. Hopefully they soften up and form a little but for now they just don't want to wrap around my junk in any meaningful way. Not an issue comfort wise, just kind of weird.
2) Appearance is definitely not premium. Sort of a satin finish which looks OK but when compared to proper nice kits is a bit cheap.
3) nice long cuffs, but they don't sit particularly well and bunch often.

So yeah, you're not going to win any beauty contests, but you will be comfortable and you'll have some change left in your pocket.

yes, agreed. Not the flashiest bib. very understated. makes it a lot easier to mix-and-match with a top. :D

i didn't have any issue with the chamois. i thought the shape was just perfect for me. is yours possibly half a size too big for you?

I also picked up the same Castelli bib. Waiting to try it on. Different expectations to the Endura bib ..

warthog1

Postby warthog1 » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:32 pm

march83 wrote:
Top_Bhoy wrote:Castelli Free Aero Race Bib Shorts - Team Version at $99
http://www.this link is broken.au/castelli-free- ... m-version/
Grabbed a couple of these. Amazing knicks especially at the price. First day in them I tapped out a 5hr ride and was super comfortable. Everything the Endura are not - shapely, premium feel, great appearance. As always with the italian stuff, size up. At 6'1" and 86kg I'm right at the upper end of a large.
You must be squeezed into them :o
I'm 184cm and 76kg and reckon I should have got xl.
I have multiple pairs of Giordana bibs (Italian) in large and they are a bit larger. They are spot on for me.
I tore the ridiculously thin fabric at the top on the back between the bib straps taking the castellis off the other day. Need to get them repaired before I can wear them again.
Agree the chamois and the cut is great. Exceptionally small sizing imo though.
Dogs are the best people :wink:

blick

Postby blick » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:46 pm

Craftworx a qld based wheel builder has 60% off their mercury range of carbon rims

Anyone have any experience with these guys? Seems like some pretty good prices for hand built carbon wheels

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:59 pm

$79 for BSO at BigW

6 speed Shimano gears! :twisted:

https://www.bigw.com.au/bigw-catalogues ... 14&page=41

adam0bmx0

Postby adam0bmx0 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:24 pm

blick wrote:Craftworx a qld based wheel builder has 60% off their mercury range of carbon rims

Anyone have any experience with these guys? Seems like some pretty good prices for hand built carbon wheels
I've had a rear wheel build by them, Novatec hub on a H-Son Plus rim, still going strong after lots of K's. I spoke to a central brissy bikeshop and they said they send thier wheels to him, as do a few others I beleive.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:32 am

Ross wrote:6 speed Shimano gears!
woah... Shimano. That's like the best brand in the world. And 6 speed is 4 more than 2 speed.
Ross, I reckon you are onto something here. Buy as many as you can!
Cycling is in my BNA

slowK

Postby slowK » Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:29 pm

Ornot is having an overstock sale. Some of their jerseys are over 50% off ($US125 down to $60).

https://www.ornotbike.com/collections/sale-1

thomas1987

Postby thomas1987 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:39 pm

Those that bought the Rolling herd aloha kits, does the bib look feminine with all the flowers and girl prints on the side? Would have bought it if was just plain black.

march83

Postby march83 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:56 pm

@thomas1987: I'm pulling it off. I think it looks good, feels great and i couldn't really give a stuff whether anyone else thinks I look feminine in it.

I grabbed a skinsuit from ornot, thanks slowK :D

Abby

Postby Abby » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:57 am

thomas1987 wrote:Those that bought the Rolling herd aloha kits, does the bib look feminine with all the flowers and girl prints on the side? Would have bought it if was just plain black.
Hi thomas1987

I grabbed the Rolling Herd kit. Definitely not a feminine kit - it looks fantastic, had lots of positive comments on it since I got mine... :-)
Twitter / Instagram: @cgradecyclist

slowK

Postby slowK » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:12 pm

march83 wrote:
I grabbed a skinsuit from ornot, thanks slowK :D
Glad to help you spend your money :wink:

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:43 am

thomas1987 wrote:Those that bought the Rolling herd aloha kits, does the bib look feminine with all the flowers and girl prints on the side? Would have bought it if was just plain black.
Bibs, definitely not feminine, it is a hula girl as found on labels of cheap rum bottles and tattooed on sailors arms.

The flower pattern is subtle, unless the rider behind is watching your back instead of your wheel, it is not noticeable.

I am a bit of a type nerd, so it was the font choice that made me initially reticent, glad I overcame that.

Bought the black, thinking I would never wear the white. One ride in the black, I bought the white and 8 weeks later the white is now my go to kit. So much I bought another white kit tonight. Was hoping to go up a to XL. As at 184cm and 83kg, I am at the upper end of a L. But alas all XL is gone as is S.

My recommendation if you are an M or L grab the kit now.

thomas1987

Postby thomas1987 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:47 am

Abby wrote:
Hi thomas1987

I grabbed the Rolling Herd kit. Definitely not a feminine kit - it looks fantastic, had lots of positive comments on it since I got mine... :-)
Ok I think I would like to purchase it. What is the sizing like? Should I size up?

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:03 am

thomas1987 wrote:Ok I think I would like to purchase it. What is the sizing like? Should I size up?
Capo is Italian and sizing is comparable to Castelli, So up a size from DHB and the ilk.

At 184cm and 83kg I prefer an Capo/rolling Herd L jersey (like them tight) and XL bibs, though the L bibs do fit.

If you are taller or heavier than me, you are not going to fit an L, I am at the upper end of the sizing.

march83

Postby march83 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:43 am

I'm 85kg and I'm at the very limit of the L bib.

Abby

Postby Abby » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:00 pm

thomas1987 wrote:
Abby wrote:
Hi thomas1987

Ok I think I would like to purchase it. What is the sizing like? Should I size up?
I'm an L in Pearl Izumi bibs, and bought an XL in the Rolling Herd kit. Fits really well (except my tummy paunch is a little visible - although nothing is really gonna hide that... ;)

176cm tall and 86kg for reference... :-) Buy it, you won't regret it!!
Twitter / Instagram: @cgradecyclist

Death_defying

Postby Death_defying » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:45 pm

How are you guys able to buy these!? Ive been trying to get an XL for probably a month now and its been out of stock :(

nickobec

Postby nickobec » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:37 am

Death_defying wrote:How are you guys able to buy these!? Ive been trying to get an XL for probably a month now and its been out of stock :(
I would make the informed guess that this was a single run of kit

So if all XL is sold out,, i don't believe any XL kit in this style will be available from their site.