Great Shopping Experiences

Mickzo

Re: Great Shopping Experiences

Postby Mickzo » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:32 pm

GrumpyJohn wrote:Well as a relative newcomer to cycling and after visiting numerous LBSs in my side of Melbourne, my last stop was The Angry Butcher Bike Shop in Sunbury (formally the Bicycle Superstore)

The staff were amazing at helping me choose with no pressure, lots of advice without information overload (which is what I was suffering from prior to walking in there!!) Bruce (owner) got me on my first bike in years and since then I've been loitering in the store every couple of days buying bits and bobs. I have no affiliation with this LBS, just a local who likes to support a good business when they deserve it.

Cheers,
Grumpy John

Edit: fixed link as per forum rules.
+1 ... Dealt with Chris when I bought my Lapierre Sensium. He also did my bike fit. Fantastic service, I was happy to drive from Cranbourne to Sunbury. Tyler was good to talk to for mechanical advice/info.

defy1

Postby defy1 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:55 pm

RobM wrote:Holy cow!

Ordered 3 items from Cell Bikes at about 2:30pm on Thursday.

Amazed and impressed to say the least. Great work by Cell bikes.
I truly believe Cell have an army of Automated Robots at their disposal that packs and ships their stuff out.

defy1

Postby defy1 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:36 pm

silverine wrote:I have ordered twice since cyclingexpress revamped their site.. Mainly because price were a bit cheaper than overseas and I don't need the item urgently.

First order arrived after 2 business days, second order arrived the next business day on TNT package which seems to come from taiwan.

Considering how slow they were previously, that's a massive improvement from them.

Just ordered something with their new website, but its stuck on "processing". You'd think with credit card it goes through almost instantaneously like other sites. Did this happen to you?

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:42 pm

So bought a Serfas "Thunderbolt" tail light from Mc Bains in Hobart a few weeks ago. Anyhow, yesterday it died. I took it back to Mc Bains, immediately exchanged it for a new one and did not even ask me for a receipt or any proof of purchase. Best return experience ever.

Railit1

Postby Railit1 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:12 am

Bought some bib shorts and socks from Babici (aussie clothing designer/manufacturer). Have been really impressed with the quality of the gear, and their service was outstanding. Recommended, particularly as an option to support buying Australian.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Nov 16, 2013 4:21 pm

Sent an email to Highly Tuned Athletes yesterday about a problem I had with my Garmin Edge 500 and got a response in about 5 minutes then another email a few minutes later with morer options as to what to do. Sensible plain english helpful emails not broken english spambot generic answer emails

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:57 pm

I've had a few hassles with my Trek Rig (SS MTB), brakes squealing and the back wheel going 'out'. Today, Trek agreed to replace the whole bike. A plus for Trek.

CB

the_big_fella

Postby the_big_fella » Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:03 pm

Amazing experience with Highly Tuned Athletes.
Ordered Garmin Edge 500 for $189 (with free shipping), dispatched an hour or so later, and received it the next morning.
Awesome work guys, and great price!

Nikolai

Postby Nikolai » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:25 am

Anybody experiencing delivery delays from the UK? Orders were dispatched on the 11th, 15th and 20th and nofin' (from c r c)

Drewski_22

Postby Drewski_22 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Cyclelink Bayswater- Great service and bikefit- Had a problem with Seat Tube slippage from a Venge purchased in store- Not only did they fix the problem but they opened up the shop on a Sunday just to get it done...Now that's what a local bike shop should be like. Plenty of other stores closer to home...none with service like this...My new LBS.

MDL

Postby MDL » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Nikolai wrote:Anybody experiencing delivery delays from the UK? Orders were dispatched on the 11th, 15th and 20th and nofin' (from c r c)

Just had my first run in with Wiggle reguarding this. Paid the extra $6 on a set of Assos Bibs. All my other order have come via DHL. This one has been sent via Aus Post? Go figure.
Currently waiting on a reply email after a live chat about what is the advantage of paying the extra post over the free if it comes via Australia post anyway.

Personal I think they have screwed up. The person on the live chat had to talk to a team member when i questioned this order vesr my previous orders.

Matthew

Lurkin

Postby Lurkin » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:30 pm

Made two purchases separately at the same time recently from Wiggle, without shipping fees (i.e. just whatever the automatic shipping is).

One came within a couple of days by DHL. Fully tracked etc.

The other came almost a week later by Auspost....

Not complaining - was relatively quick for both, turned up perfect as always. just a little odd...

gabrielle260

Postby gabrielle260 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:20 am

A big thumbs up to Pushy's!
Saw an item in one of their online ads that I wanted, checked prices and ordered last Sunday. It arrived Thursday night.
GP4000s 25mm, Time RXS Cleats at prices comparable to UK online sites plus fast delivery and Aussie owned (I think!).

ningnangnong

Postby ningnangnong » Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:43 am

For anyone in the Lake Macquarie/Newcastle area, may I highly recommend 'Newcastle Cycle Service' at Broadmeadow, should something ever go awry with your bike.

I bought a new chain and cassette from PBK and installed them myself (despite being fairly horrible with mechanical stuff :P ). Anyway, no matter what I tried, I couldn't get the gears to shift smoothly. Gave up and took it into the shop on Tuesday morning. It was ready to be picked up all of two hours later. When I went to collect it, the guy there took the time to explain to me why it wasn't working properly, what he did to fix it and so on. Even gave me a bit of advice about my saddle position as he had noticed it when he was working on the bike.

Sensational customer service and a fantastic price! Next time I have any troubles with the bike, I'll be heading there for sure. :)

m@

Postby m@ » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:07 pm

gabrielle260 wrote:A big thumbs up to Pushy's!
+1 from me - great service and very fast (& free) shipping on a wheelset I ordered last week. Called them twice with dumb questions before ordering and they were very helpful. Price was significantly cheaper than anywhere else I could find too. Wish I'd stopped by more often when I lived in Canberra!
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

michael_w

Postby michael_w » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:06 am

and another +1. Ordered two 661 helmets for the kids and arrived super quick in time for Xmas.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:50 pm

+2 for Pushys

I ordered some spare tubes at lunchtime Thursday and they were delivered this morning (Saturday) at about 10am

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:53 pm

m@ wrote:
+1 from me - great service and very fast (& free) shipping on a wheelset I ordered last week. Called them twice with dumb questions before ordering and they were very helpful. Price was significantly cheaper than anywhere else I could find too. Wish I'd stopped by more often when I lived in Canberra!
Prices in-store are dearer than online but they do have a good product range in-store

lammy

Wiggle Unreal delivery.

Postby lammy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:39 pm

I ordered about 20 items from http://www.this link is broken.au last friday afternoon. Thought nothing of it as it takes around 7 working days usually.

Then on Monday 11am, got back to my desk and there was a box!!

I rarely get shocked and surprised, but that was one of them moments. I thought they maybe separated the order and just sent one item locally, but no every item was there, and it came all the way from the UK. Thats literally next working day, half way around the world!! Incredible service.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:57 am

Another bunch of kudos for the team at Giant Sydney (Joe and others).

I went in there looking at a track bike. Unfortunately, the manufacturer no longer has them. Regardless of that, they still gave me some useful hints and pointers. 8)

gabrielle260

Postby gabrielle260 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:23 am

Cycle Path, the bike shop here in Bright have been fantastic this week. I always drop in to say hello but this trip I have needed to call on their services a few times.
Their service is great - under promising then over delivering. They have an incredible assortment of stuff. And they have been amazingly generous of spirit - great blokes!

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:58 pm

Giant Sydney again for what they and Giant Australia did for me today. I don't have the words to express my gratitude.

I've ordered a medium size 2014 TCR SL1, Dura Ace 9000 11 speed. It's one heck of a bike.

BiciBoy

Postby BiciBoy » Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:11 pm

I got the same bike and agree 100%

ray

Postby ray » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:40 pm

Not sure if this is the right thread but just noticed today heading to Westfield Chermside that 99 bikes have closed their store there. Now replaced by a pet barn or something. When did this happen? Always handy to grab a few consumables if I needed it.

J_L_C

Postby J_L_C » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:00 am

Big thanks to REID CYCLES - Balcatta, WA
Took my stripped frame and needed some rather awkward sizes and measurements but they managed to get me everything needed.
And were also rather quick even with a full shop.
Also excellent prices.
Keep it up Reid cycles :)
'Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.' AE