Great Shopping Experiences

Ross

Re: Great Shopping Experiences

Postby Ross » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:11 am

AUbicycles wrote:Do tell Ross
I ordered a new wheelset from Cycling Express and a couple of other parts (I've forgotten what they were now :o ) and the wheels were the cheapest price that I could find anywhere on the internet (without me having to ask them to price match) and everything was delivered (albeit in two seperate deliveries) within a week. Everything was what I had ordered, undamaged, brand new in correct packaging* and correct price. Delivered by TNT.

*Shimano wheels I ordered actually arrived in a Cycling Express wheel box.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:11 am

tubby74 wrote:Thanks to giant sydney for a quick repair to the commuter that would have otherwise left me on the train then a long walk home. Quick and helpful even though the workshop was booked solid.
Those guys are excellent. I've purchased the majority of my bikes from there. Only exception was the fixed gear, and that was only because I couldn't get a Giant Omnium.

I had to order some different chainrings and cogs earlier this week and Wiggle has surprised me - it looks like at the moment they'll get here tomorrow - just in time. Hoping I don't jinx it. That's fast delivery. :)

fergy1987

Postby fergy1987 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:13 pm

I am currently at 11 days waiting for a Wiggle order for some spare tubes. First time i have used them and they advised it would be delivered by the 23rd. How accurate are their estimated deliveries and should I be contacting them yet or just wait it out?

fergy1987

Postby fergy1987 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:09 pm

fergy1987 wrote:I am currently at 11 days waiting for a Wiggle order for some spare tubes. First time i have used them and they advised it would be delivered by the 23rd. How accurate are their estimated deliveries and should I be contacting them yet or just wait it out?
Scrap that, showed up today

Hootsmon0204

Postby Hootsmon0204 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:01 pm

Recommendations for a LBS to service a bike in bayside suburbs?

pacra

Postby pacra » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:18 pm

Fitzroy Cycles Carnegie.

Cable outers, tape and Campag bearing and freehub. All done properly and more. Had commuted on weekend on wet roads and bike was filthy, a month of Melbourne road grime all over. Was a bit embarrassed taking it to a LBS like that.
Got it back the cleanest it has been in many a year, no charge.

For someone who rarely uses an LBS I was really pleased and impressed at the professional service and care on such a small job. Will go back in future.

piston9

Postby piston9 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:37 am

Just throwing it out there - went to Boggo Road store in Wooloongabba (Brisbane). Great service.

Was buying a new bike, kicking tyres (as it were) around lots of shops. 99 bikes Browns plains? Soon as I didn't have cash in hand guy lost interest fast and walked off. Bike Nirvana victoria point? Good service, pity they didn't have stock, but were at least very helpful. Ended up at Boggo road, guy blew almost an hour with me trying bikes, sizes, seating positions, etc - ended up with an over $1K sale for his effort, and were very helpful.

Exactly what one wants in an LBS....
Another one of those high-vis commuter types. Ultegra equipped flat bar is my weapon of choice - with panniers :D

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:47 pm

Found a helmet I wanted at Pushys but it was showing as out of stock on their website in the size I wanted. I looked on eBay and Pushys were selling the one I wanted there in the size I wanted but it was $15 dearer (guess they have to cover eBay fees). So I emailed them through their website asking about this and within an hour I got a reply saying helmet is now available to buy through their website at the cheaper price.

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:20 pm

Took my bike to LBS and asked them to fit a new chain (I supplied chain purchased online). Picked bike up at lunchtime, job done. They also adjusted the brakes and put some air in the tyres, which I hadn't actually asked them to. Charged me the grand total of $5!

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:00 pm

$5? are you serious? come on. plug the name of the shop

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:54 pm

Uni Cycles
http://www.whitepages.com.au/business-l ... /acton-act" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ignoto

Postby Ignoto » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:11 pm

I have to give a big thumbs up to Knog - I bought a front light from Pushy's about two weeks ago. However, the magnet which helps the latch stay on has been coming off every time I take the light off the bike. I rang up asking if some super glue is sufficient enough to re-glue it back, but they simply said to shoot us an email with a photo + proof of purchase and they'll mail a new one out. No fuss from them about how I've been handling it etc simply said send it back! :o

Glad I opted for the Knog instead of the lezyne light now!

BiciBoy

Postby BiciBoy » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:35 am

Big props to Giant Australia - best customer service in Australia - hands down.

I emailed them on Tuesday night with some photos showing all the clear coat cracked and fallen away from my 2013 TCR's ISP.
They called me Wed AM, told me to take it to my local Giant dealer who took more pics, photos of the serial number etc..and lo a behold, they gave me a choice of a 2014 TCR SL frame or a 2014 Propel SL frame.
I went with the Propel - should have it in about 4 weeks.
Very easy process, and the guy I dealt with was a total legend!

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:49 pm

BiciBoy wrote:they gave me a choice of a 2014 TCR SL frame or a 2014 Propel SL frame.
I went with the Propel - should have it in about 4 weeks.
Very nice. And I must agree, Giant Australia and in particular Giant Sydney, the both of them are great! I dealt with Giant Sydney recently for a dead Stages PM. No dramas, sorted very efficiently and quickly, almost as quickly as my bike was serviced.

Propel SL should be nice! I prefer the TCR SL, but the Propel is still very nice. 8)

BiciBoy

Postby BiciBoy » Mon Sep 15, 2014 11:12 am

Yeah I had the TCR SL for a while, but before that I had an S-Works Venge, so looking at going back to a more aggressive frame, hence the Propel - 4 weeks til she's here! haha

MH

Postby MH » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:06 pm

Fantastic service from Wiggle. Beat the best price I could find for a Zonda wheelset by a considerable margin when I asked for a price match. Bought on 27th Sept, sent the following day (Sunday) and delivered in Perth today.
In comparison I am still waiting for an order from c r c that was sent on the 10th Sept and an item from the east bought on ebay that was sent on the 24th Sept.

Calvin27

Postby Calvin27 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:12 pm

+1 to cycles galleria - they ordered my a $12 fork cable guide and had it to me in 2 days flat.
Heavy road bike
Cushy dirt bike
Very cushy dirt bike
Bike crushed by car (RIP)
No brakes bike
Ebike

moodeex

Postby moodeex » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:18 pm

MH wrote:Fantastic service from Wiggle. Beat the best price I could find for a Zonda wheelset by a considerable margin when I asked for a price match. Bought on 27th Sept, sent the following day (Sunday) and delivered in Perth today.

Hi MH ,

Do you mind to tell me where the price match from?

Cheers

Tzantushka

Postby Tzantushka » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Positive experience with Cycleworks Box Hill (VIC).

Needed 2 x bearing cones for a vintage front axle.
Previous cones were wrong so they chewed out.
Not a problem for the guys - they spent 10 mins measuring and checking and offered something that was a very close fit.
Parts and advice for $15.
Front wheel is rolls smooth again.

Asked around at 3 shops prior.
1 x said they couldn't help (without looking)
Other 2 x had a look and suggested interwebs/upcoming swap meet.

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:13 pm

BiciBoy wrote:Yeah I had the TCR SL for a while, but before that I had an S-Works Venge, so looking at going back to a more aggressive frame, hence the Propel - 4 weeks til she's here! haha
Enjoy! :)

I will give kudos to Velocipede in Parramatta and Atelier de Velo in Sydney CBD. Both shops have been very helpful. Velocipede managed to source a Di2 junction box within the day! :shock: I could not believe it. :)

Both stores very quick to offer advice and suggestions relating to the bike I am building.

BiciBoy

Postby BiciBoy » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:41 am

g-boaf wrote:
BiciBoy wrote:Yeah I had the TCR SL for a while, but before that I had an S-Works Venge, so looking at going back to a more aggressive frame, hence the Propel - 4 weeks til she's here! haha
Enjoy! :)
haha

Giant ended up sending me a 2015 Propel, even better :)

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:07 pm

Had a good shopping experience at LBS today. I was after 2 things, a saddle bag to fit a 29er spare tube in and a Topeak style pump bracket with rubber o ring type clasp but to suit a Lezyne MTB pump. I asked about pump bracket first, guy said he doesn't sell Topeak but would have a look for me. He showed me another brand but it wasn't what I was after then he got a Topeak catalogue out and showed me some pics of brackets in there but it was impossible to tell from a pic what would fit my pump, but I thanked him for his time to research options for me. Very helpful even if we didn't get the result I was after.

I found a suitable saddle bag, reasonably priced at $30, so I bought that and thanked the guy again for his help.

T0M11

Postby T0M11 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:56 pm

The guys at Hawkesbury Cycles turned Bicycle Centre Hawkesbury are great to deal with. Superb service every time I go in and not to mention a pretty friendly chinwag ensues. They love their job and it shows through their customer service. :D If you ever in Richmond or near it, check them out. Their new store is pretty cool too!
2012 Merida Ride 88

Muzza72

Postby Muzza72 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:03 pm

T0M11 wrote:The guys at Hawkesbury Cycles turned Bicycle Centre Hawkesbury are great to deal with. Superb service every time I go in and not to mention a pretty friendly chinwag ensues. They love their job and it shows through their customer service. :D If you ever in Richmond or near it, check them out. Their new store is pretty cool too!
Happy to second that! :)
formerly the fat climber

michael_w

Postby michael_w » Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:14 pm

A couple of months ago I lost a bar end plug and thought I'd trek down to the LBS near work seeking out a replacement and to check the place out. They do a big line of e-bikes, as well as normal bikes and servicing. It was quiet so I had a bit of a chat to the manager, got the bar end plugs and left.

Fast forward about 6 weeks and my rear derailleur is shifting like a pig. It's Wednesday, I work from home on Fridays and needed the bike for the weekend to ride in the Green Edge winery ride. Long story short, they fit me in, I picked it up on the Thursday afternoon and it now shifts like a treat.

The following week I was tacked on the Yarra Boulevard, so after changing my tube at lunch time and pumping it up as far as I could with my mini pump, I call into the LBS on the way home to finish the job. Shaun the manager pumped it up for me and sent me on my way.

Great service at Spokes on Nicholson St in Abbotsford, Vic.