Great Shopping Experiences

kingswood

Re: Great Shopping Experiences

Postby kingswood » Wed May 18, 2016 7:07 pm

A big thank you to Cycliq.
Purchased a Fly6 direct from Cycliq 14 months ago. The unit suddenly stopped working during a ride.
Very quick response from the Cycliq support team with a trouble shooting checklist.
Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem.
Cycliq got me to send the Fly6 back, and have already dispatched a new one.
Fantastic customer service. They really stand behind their product.
One happy camper :D

Cycliq

Postby Cycliq » Wed May 18, 2016 11:56 pm

kingswood wrote:A big thank you to Cycliq.
Purchased a Fly6 direct from Cycliq 14 months ago. The unit suddenly stopped working during a ride.
Very quick response from the Cycliq support team with a trouble shooting checklist.
Unfortunately, this did not fix the problem.
Cycliq got me to send the Fly6 back, and have already dispatched a new one.
Fantastic customer service. They really stand behind their product.
One happy camper :D
Thanks Kingswood - glad we could help!

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue May 31, 2016 6:51 pm

Pushys B&M store in Canberra. I bought a rear light (and a bunch of other stuff) at their carpark sale they had a few weeks ago and the light wouldn't hold charge. I would leave it charging for hours and then the next day when I went to use it the light would turn off, presumably flat, after only 15 mins. So today I took it back and asked if I could swap it for another one. I didn't have a receipt and I'd binned the packaging long ago so wasn't holding out much hope. I was pleasantly surprised when the guy from Pushys admitted there had been a faulty batch of those lights and he then gave me a new one.

foz

Postby foz » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:52 am

http://www.bikes.net.au/....very comprehensive site..if you click on product or buy now it will take you to where its available..
https://alexscycle.com/...
http://www.steel-vintage.com/...eye candy..bikes I mean..
http://www.scvimports.com.au/
The above is a wholesaler..it will also tell you if it has selected item in Australia..then go to local bike shop to order...it saves the B/S from bike shop..

foz

Postby foz » Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:22 am

We believe that money is a buying power and we want you to sit in and have a say.

Shop Customer Rights

· You have the right to be treated with respect and patience
· You have the right to be spoken to in terms that you understand
· You have the right to approve every or decline any service
· You have the right to approve how much you are willing pay for services and parts
· You have the right to be notified of all potentially dangerous problems
· You have the right to a truthful projected time estimate of component failure
· You have the right to an explanation of all recommended services
· You have a right to a reasonable time estimate
· You have a right to compensation for un-honored service contracts
· You have the right to informed and honest service quotes
· You have the right to service unburdened by prejudice against person or bike

Shop Worker Rights

· We have a right to be treated with respect and patience.
· We have a right to encourage safety and proper maintenance.
· We have a right to request approval if additional labor charges are necessary.
· We have a right to charge storage fees for bikes left for extended periods of time.
· We have a right to charge for damage that may occur after a bike leaves the shop.
· We have a right to quote bike return times that reflect seasonal influxes of business.

Read this somewhere..not in Australia..have you come across this kind of service here..
Great statement from shop..

operates to provide educational, thorough, and compassionate service especially to people of color, women, GLBT, and other underserved cyclists. In creating a no-pressure environment, we work to establish each individual's needs in order to sell the best bikes, products, and services available. Through our shop, club, and team we work to be non-judgmental, willing to learn as-well-as teach, and to support and grow a diverse cycling population because, honestly, its more fun that way and needs to be done.
In addition, currently 2% of bicycle frame builders are female. In the future, we will work to increase this number by offering education and employment to women in frame building as well as in the shop.

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:14 am

2rismo wrote:Went to buy a bike for my 8yo daughter who had earned one through raising money for Jump Rope for Heart. In reality it was a $100 Target/BigW voucher type deal so my wife and I pocketed that and went to the LBS instead to get some actual advice rather than just picking based on colour.

Tom and Kate at Simple Cycles in Shellharbour were amazing with my little girl and treated her like the customer while dealing with us at the same time. Absolutely rapt with the service and have since bought an Electra cruiser for my wife and a Trek X-Caliber 8 29er for myself.

I'm currently shopping for a road bike and looking at Trek Domane/Giant Defy type stuff. Rather than ride around the carpark to work out if I like the Domane, Dave (owner of both Simple Cycles stores) is bringing his personal Domane 5.9 in for me to borrow for a week to see if I like living with it. No obligation, no stress, just an interest in seeing me on a good bike that I'll get great use out of.

Cannot recommend them highly enough.
I went into Simple Cycles Wollongong to look at the Electra's for my girlfriend. They were very helpful.
Both Spearmans at Wollongong and Simple Cycles are excellent stores.
Nice to hear your story as it confirms other good things I have heard about them.

2rismo

Postby 2rismo » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Derny Driver wrote: I went into Simple Cycles Wollongong to look at the Electra's for my girlfriend. They were very helpful.
Both Spearmans at Wollongong and Simple Cycles are excellent stores.
Nice to hear your story as it confirms other good things I have heard about them.
Small but significant follow-up;

Bought a Trek Domane 6.9 Disc from Simple Cycles and still rapt with their service.

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Ross wrote:Pushys B&M store in Canberra. I bought a rear light (and a bunch of other stuff) at their carpark sale they had a few weeks ago and the light wouldn't hold charge. I would leave it charging for hours and then the next day when I went to use it the light would turn off, presumably flat, after only 15 mins. So today I took it back and asked if I could swap it for another one. I didn't have a receipt and I'd binned the packaging long ago so wasn't holding out much hope. I was pleasantly surprised when the guy from Pushys admitted there had been a faulty batch of those lights and he then gave me a new one.
Next light I got turned out to be faulty as well so again Pushys followed through with great service and swapped it over without quibbling or any extra charges. They offered me the option of a refund but I wanted the light (a working one!).

ft_critical

Postby ft_critical » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:58 pm

I kid you not about this.
I ordered Campy Zonda wheels from Wiggle UK (East Midlands) at 10:01 on Friday 24 Jun.
They arrive in Sydney at my office at 10:52 on Monday 27 Jun.
Deliver cost was free, standard Wiggle service.

That is unbelievable!

uad782

Postby uad782 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:14 pm

A big thumbs up to Abbotsford cycles. Not only did they reconfigure a rack attachment set for me at no extra cost. This would have taken them a fair amount of time to do.

They also just sent me a replacement part I lost through my own fault, express post and free of charge.

Zippy7

Postby Zippy7 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:05 pm

Ordered a pair of BBB booties from Cyclestation - it was their last pair of the older model, so was discounted. Was contacted by them and told they couldn't find it, but would give me a free upgrade to the current model. Ordered Wednesday night, emailed on Thursday that it was out of stock, item delivered on Friday. Happy toes :)

Sometimes I can't even get that speed of delivery from one suburb of Sydney to another!!
Successful trades : Rheicel, Je, wgc138, 2ndeffort, celeste boy, rodneycc

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:16 am

A plus for Pushy's on line ordering. Ordered chain lube Monday night. delivered Wednesday morning.

CB

Bentnose

Postby Bentnose » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:44 pm

Ordered a pair of Fulcrum Quattro wheels on Sunday night from Wiggle, they turned up this morning, 3 1/2 days! It took me over 2 weeks to get some shoes from Bike Bug in Sydney.
No signature

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:51 pm

BBB Rollerboys (jockey wheels) ordered from Cecil Walker in Melbourne. $3 more than the overseas online shops and other popular local online bike shops didn't stock them. But Cecil walker had shipping included which made them better value. Ordered on Tues 2/6, shipped on the same day and arrived on Friday 5/5 (with TNT), just in time for the weekend.

Never used them before but thumbs up.
Cycling is in my BNA

bianchi928

Postby bianchi928 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:16 pm

Purchased a pair of Oakley Jawbreakers from Merlin Cycles (UK).
Fantastic price and 7 days from order to delivery.
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:54 am

I live NoR in Perth but travelled 30km south to TBE Myaree to check out a particular model I wanted to try that nobody near me had in stock. Interacted with a chap named Connor who really knew all the models and the specs in his shop, which I have found is disappointingly rare. He worked with my budget, gently mentioned but didn't push the out of budget "wish fulfilment" models, and helped my purchase my first road bike. I'm very happy with it and the service I received.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

li2099

Postby li2099 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:08 pm

Bought some bits and pieces with c r c.
Received in 1 week with free postage.
Was originally concerned that they've now elected to use a new carrier: SkyNet. Never heard of them before.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:28 pm

Another thumbs up for TBE, I rang my nearest store enquiring about a helmet, they didn't have it but said they'd arrange it to be sent to their store the next day, saving me a drive. When I visited the store, one of the staff knew that it had come in and got it for me. Sold.
For a big chain, their customer service is really impressing me, which I find rare!

Also, c r c sent me some bits and pieces halfway across the world in less than a working week. Fantastic.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

IamGroot

Postby IamGroot » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:53 am

Pushys online store, really good service with super quick deliveries. Australian stores to and a great range of products.
http://www.pushys.com.au/

caveboy

Postby caveboy » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:15 pm

I have used this site , very good to deal with
https://www.bike24.de

g-boaf

Postby g-boaf » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:47 pm

caveboy wrote:I have used this site , very good to deal with
I would not recommend them, quite slow shipping and also slow to respond to questions about the order process. I had to jump up and down and get quite cranky in order to get a response. The products were delivered, but I won't buy from them again. Ended up dealing with the local distributor of Magura brakes who was excellent.

Now, not a particular gripe with a retailer, but the Lezyne "strip" style rear light. Today was the second time it fell off my bike, this time I was not able to find it again as it fell off on a 70km/h main road - I'm not going riding along there again at 15km/h trying to find it. :roll:

You really have to pay attention to making sure that flexible rubber band is securely in the little catch on the side. And I thought it was yet it still fell off. I like the light, but don't like the design of how it is secured to the seat post. I have other lights so no problem there, but still quite annoying.

ball bearing

Postby ball bearing » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:30 pm

Bike24 has been good for me.

RonK

Postby RonK » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:35 pm

caveboy wrote:I have used this site , very good to deal with
Yes, I have made many purchases from Bike24. I bought nearly all the components for my last bike build from them. And only yesterday I ordered a new bike computer from them.

Their prices are very competitive and service is good. Delivery is reliable and takes around 10 business days as stated on their shipping information page.
On the rare occasion I've had a query about an order they have been responsive and helpful.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Top_Bhoy

Postby Top_Bhoy » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:49 pm

I'm in the midst of looking for a number of components for a bike build I am undertaking. In the past, Wiggle or c r c would be the 'go to' places but with the prices I am currently quoted, this will no longer appear to be the case? Am I just unlucky in my equipment choice or has anyone else found Wiggle and c r c current pricing to be noncompetitive against rivals such as Ribble, Merlin and Evans?

liamw11

Postby liamw11 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:55 pm

Top_Bhoy wrote:I'm in the midst of looking for a number of components for a bike build I am undertaking. In the past, Wiggle or c r c would be the 'go to' places but with the prices I am currently quoted, this will no longer appear to be the case? Am I just unlucky in my equipment choice or has anyone else found Wiggle and c r c current pricing to be noncompetitive against rivals such as Ribble, Merlin and Evans?
Wiggle and Evans price match. If you find a lower price they'll either match it or if you find it after you've purchased the item, they'll refund you the difference.