Great Shopping Experiences

GotTone

Re: Great Shopping Experiences

Postby GotTone » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Thumbs up to Ivanhoe Cycles and BikeCorp (Limar helmets distributor) for replacing my helmet under their crash replacement program, despite my not having completed the registration (in the excitement at getting my bike, I cut the tags off the helmet and went riding straight away and the box got thrown out!)

BikeCorp also allowed me to upgrade to the 778 model by paying the difference.

Note the tag on my replacement helmet simply directs you to the Limar website - perhaps that is why I missed it. :)

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:44 pm

Prendas Ciclismo come to the party with great customer service again. I ordered a pair of bib shorts which where on clearance and it turned out they did not have stock. I asked if I could have one of two other choices instead and they in turn sent me both choices for the price I paid for one pair in the first place and oh through in a cycling cap as well. Once I sorted the order it took four days for delivery.

Great customer service.

Andrew

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:48 pm

GotTone wrote:Thumbs up to Ivanhoe Cycles and BikeCorp (Limar helmets distributor) for replacing my helmet under their crash replacement program, despite my not having completed the registration (in the excitement at getting my bike, I cut the tags off the helmet and went riding straight away and the box got thrown out!)

BikeCorp also allowed me to upgrade to the 778 model by paying the difference.

Note the tag on my replacement helmet simply directs you to the Limar website - perhaps that is why I missed it. :)
can you message me how you got it done - I've got a cracked limar helmet that I don't believe I registered

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:50 pm

Thumbs up to ABC Bikes in Liverpool for the good deal on a set of Garmin Vector pedals and Garmin 510 headunit and the no fuss easy online transaction. Ordered one day, recieved email next day saying they were dispatched (with courier tracking number) and day after they were received. Exactly as ordered. 10/10

Also thumbs up to Ribble for being consistent and promptly sending my order for tyres that showed up 1.5 weeks after ordering.

jaseyjase

Postby jaseyjase » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Rapha

Bought a cap on sale, arrived promptly, wore it the next morning. Came home to be told by the wife the middle stripe was crooked! i didnt even look.

Contacted Rapha, explained the situation, was told to return (reply paid) the cap for a replacement, and sure enough it got replaced with a new one, all in under a week.

thumbs up.

Aushiker

Postby Aushiker » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:24 pm

JensonUSA

Order Placed: Friday April 4, 2014
Shipping Confirmation with Tracking: Saturday April 4, 2014
Delivered in WA: Tuesday April 8, 2014

Cannot complain about that. Also have a discount code for 15% off one full priced item. Needs to be used within 30 days. Available to first taker via PM.

Andrew

bomber65

Postby bomber65 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:55 am

Great first time Road bike purchase at Port Melbourne Cycles (PMC).
Jim was most helpful in choosing the right bike.
Highly recommend.

kingoftheflats

Postby kingoftheflats » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:28 pm

Urban Cyclist now BikeBug Rosebery - great personal service and attention to detail by the guys in there. Their knowledge and advice has been really useful to me as a customer and someone needing a tip or two. Chris in particular.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:19 pm

Cecil Walker Cycles - you are awesome!

Great prices for maintenance/repair jobs for a person who doesn't get into the nitty gritty... And you waived the charge on the servicing and regreasing of my BB and stuck by it even though I was waving my credit card ready to pay.

Very impressed. And yes, I left with a smile on my face, as you foreshadowed. :)

baldy1975

Postby baldy1975 » Wed May 07, 2014 9:31 pm

Gear turned up today from wiggle so exactly 10 days normalcy delivery.

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu May 08, 2014 12:56 pm

Great service by AYUP. I had a problem with my AYUP light that I bought early last year so I emailed AYUP asking if I could send it back and if they could check it out and hopefully repair it. Email came back within the hour saying sure. So I sent it off and got a follow up email a couple of days later saying they have received but they couldn't find the problem but have replaced the internal electronics and the LEDs and were sending them back to me. Next day I received them (no charge for repair or postage). First class customer service.

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu May 08, 2014 1:00 pm

Good service from PBK. I ordered a chain, puncture patches, new tyre and some leg warmers and received them 13 days after ordering and got a free Lipton iced tea! And this morning's temp got down to minus one degree so delivery was perfect timing to test the leg warmers.

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu May 08, 2014 1:03 pm

baldy1975 wrote:Gear turned up today from wiggle so exactly 10 days normalcy delivery.
My most recent Wiggle order arrived in seven days (Australia Post), so after dumping that crazy Belgium hub courier experiment, normal service has resumed.

baldy1975

Postby baldy1975 » Thu May 08, 2014 10:25 pm

Im up in the bush so expected a few extra days.

mjg9001

Postby mjg9001 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:40 am

Props to Bike24 - I ordered 4 new Schwalbe tires from them on 14 May and they arrived today. I was expecting 2 weeks plus if I was lucky based on other threads so a week was a pleasant surprise.

cyclebee

Postby cyclebee » Fri May 23, 2014 8:13 am

Order today (online), receive the next day. Now, that's a great (online) experience. Cell Bikes.

BiciBoy

Postby BiciBoy » Fri May 23, 2014 1:24 pm

Got BikeBug to price match a pair of cycling shoes, ordered them Wed arvo - they arrived in Perth today - amazing!!!

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:17 pm

Had good experiences lately with Bikewagen, Merlin and Ribble

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:27 pm

Also outstanding service at LBS The Cyclery from Jason. I had a warranty query with my bike and Jason emailed the manufacturer about it straight away and then followed up with a phone call to me a couple of days later explaining what my options were. All this even though I never bought the bike from that shop originally or indeed bought anything from there so wouldn't of been too surprised if he had chased me out of the shop but Jason was polite, friendly and helpful.

I actually went back there today to buy some parts but he didn't have what I wanted in stock but kindly rang the other branch to check if they did (not) and then placed an order straight away for me with the supplier and promised to call me when the parts come in.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:09 pm

An online order for Cell Bikes, from order to delivery at the door - 14 hours and 5 minutes.
I ordered a few Jet Black puncture repair kits for $3.95. I last picked up exactly the same one a local bike shop for $8.00

A point of criticism - a number of items (eg, tubes) are displayed in the inventory on the website and when you click in you notice there is no stock or it is sold-out so is dissapointing if its an item you were after. I would recommend displaying that items are unavailable in the overview screens.
Cycling is in my BNA

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:31 pm

AUbicycles wrote: I would recommend displaying that items are unavailable in the overview screens.
some sites have a tick box to "only display in stock items"

kenwstr

Postby kenwstr » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:54 pm

I'd like to put in a plug for Cycleworld in Burwood.

I bought a bike there in March and just got my 1st fee service today. The bike was significantly below RRP despite being a current year model. I gave them my measurements and after discussion came up with a size (my leg and reach measurements did not agree). Anyway I only confirmed the order on the Thursday to be picked up Saturday. They didn't have my size in stock but got one in and had it built and waiting for me by Saturday morning. This meant trusting me for the deposit as I had no banking access until I got home after work. As I was coming from the central west (3 hr drive) they made sure everything was ready and did a free fit on a very Saturday morning. It all went like clockwork for me, they made sure of that. Terrific service including discounts on everything I purchased with the bike.

Same today, due to distance, they started on my bike as soon as I arrived (not fixed time) and had the service done within an hour. The owner remembered me, listened to everything I said. They fixed a little shifting issue (bent hanger which I agree was the case) and the bike is running beautifully .

So I have to recommend them for their sterling customer service.

Regards,
Ken

tubby74

Postby tubby74 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:41 pm

Thanks to giant sydney for a quick repair to the commuter that would have otherwise left me on the train then a long walk home. Quick and helpful even though the workshop was booked solid.

Ross

Postby Ross » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:52 pm

Good experience with Cycling Express

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:15 pm

Do tell Ross,

The staff at Giant Sydney are on the ball - friendly and knowledgeable.
Cycling is in my BNA