Cycling Express - New online shop to compete with UK....

petie

Re: Cycling Express - New online shop to compete with UK....

Postby petie » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:04 pm

drpants wrote:I'm having the worst experience with cycling express.

I purchased a trainer and bar tape in May 2013 and was told the trainer is out of stock. Over the phone, I was offered the choice of either waiting for it, picking something else or a full refund.

I elected to wait but strangely received a shipping notice a couple of days later which turns out to be the bar tape in the wrong colour.
No big deal, I sent them an email, they told me to send it back and they'll send the right colour.

I received no replacement and worst still, communications started getting worse. After 2-3 months I called up to check on the order and was told they'll look into it and call me back. I didn't receive a call. Repeat 2-3 times with the exact same result.

Last week I called up CE. After him checking up on it he told me there's nothing he could do and that I should email the company instead because apparently the online shop has nothing to do with him.

I shot over one email. No reply. Second email a couple of days later, still no reply. I just sent the third email and I'm at my wit's end. Is this really how they deal with costumers?
Sorry, if you ordered in may 2013 as you say I would be ringing them three times every single day asking for a refund until you get one. Forget the order, forget being nice, that is absolutely ridiculous and you need to get your money back and be rid of them.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:08 am

drpants, sorry to hear this.

The jurisdiction is a funny thing and I am confused and have received conflicting info from the source - but technically the online store is managed by legend cycling in Hong Kong.

A challenge is that it is a moderately / low priced item but you have a big time investment to get things 'right'. I personally don't believe in retail and online stores being separate - but Apple is a good example of this, just because you have a thousand gurantees on the phone, it doesn't mean anything if you are in an apple store as they are not connected.

Let me know your order number (via PM) and I will see if there is any progress.
Cycling is in my BNA

MTG

Postby MTG » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:59 am

I feel I should pipe in again given my recent experience. I did end up buying a new bike from CE and in the end but the medium was too small and I needed a large. Without going into too much detail, I had some trouble convincing them to simply sell me a new large at the same price I bought the medium at not a week earlier without sending the medium back - I was in effect buying 2 new bikes in the space of a week. I managed to find a buyer for the medium and was concerned about sending it back and waiting ages for someone to check the bike was ok before dispatching a new one - selling and simply ordering a new one seemed much easier to me. They did in the end honour the same price I paid a week earlier and I do now have my large bike and sold the medium for the same price I paid.
After 200k's though, the front wheel (Mavic Ksyrium Equipe S) started to rattle really badly with no obvious sign of anything loose. My LBS had a look and suggested I send it back under warranty - they lent me a spare wheel in the mean time. Anyway, several emails and videos emailed to CE to try and get some action and they have simply ignored me. It's been several weeks since I contacted them and sent in videos of some piece of metal clearly loose inside the cavity of the rim. As a result of lack of contact, I've decided to simply give up on CE to fix the issue. Why would I send my wheel back to them when they can't return emails - I'll never see it again, not this year anyway. As I've mentioned previously, I was hesitant about buying from CE given some customer service issues i'd read about. Aside from the defect rim, the bike is great value and I am happy with it, but unfortunately, i'll unlikely be buying from CE again and will stick to a LBS from now on where I can at least turn up and get some action if I have an issue. It's a lost opportunity for CE for not only me but the many who have had issues, as all it takes is a couple of emails to restore some modicum of faith that things will be sorted, but to simply ignore repeated emails; doesn't inspire confidence.
That's my CE story, hope it helps.
To CE, great bike, great price, great specs - if you can sort our your post sales communication and view customers as potential repeat customers I'm sure you will see less of these threads popping up. Thanks

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:24 pm

MTG wrote:I feel I should pipe in again given my recent experience. I did end up buying a new bike from CE and in the end but the medium was too small and I needed a large. Without going into too much detail, I had some trouble convincing them to simply sell me a new large at the same price I bought the medium at not a week earlier without sending the medium back - I was in effect buying 2 new bikes in the space of a week. I managed to find a buyer for the medium and was concerned about sending it back and waiting ages for someone to check the bike was ok before dispatching a new one - selling and simply ordering a new one seemed much easier to me. They did in the end honour the same price I paid a week earlier and I do now have my large bike and sold the medium for the same price I paid.
After 200k's though, the front wheel (Mavic Ksyrium Equipe S) started to rattle really badly with no obvious sign of anything loose. My LBS had a look and suggested I send it back under warranty - they lent me a spare wheel in the mean time. Anyway, several emails and videos emailed to CE to try and get some action and they have simply ignored me. It's been several weeks since I contacted them and sent in videos of some piece of metal clearly loose inside the cavity of the rim. As a result of lack of contact, I've decided to simply give up on CE to fix the issue. Why would I send my wheel back to them when they can't return emails - I'll never see it again, not this year anyway. As I've mentioned previously, I was hesitant about buying from CE given some customer service issues i'd read about. Aside from the defect rim, the bike is great value and I am happy with it, but unfortunately, i'll unlikely be buying from CE again and will stick to a LBS from now on where I can at least turn up and get some action if I have an issue. It's a lost opportunity for CE for not only me but the many who have had issues, as all it takes is a couple of emails to restore some modicum of faith that things will be sorted, but to simply ignore repeated emails; doesn't inspire confidence.
That's my CE story, hope it helps.
To CE, great bike, great price, great specs - if you can sort our your post sales communication and view customers as potential repeat customers I'm sure you will see less of these threads popping up. Thanks
If the rattle is simply metal shavings from the spoke holes being drilled in the rim then this can be easily rectified. Just remove the tyre and try to get the metal shavings to fall out via the valve hole.

skydance

Postby skydance » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:19 pm

Tried using CE Price Match tool:
[q]
Thanks for using our price match service. Unfortunately the wheelset that you wanted is currently on clearance on our site and our promotion codes won't work on them. This means that I can't match anyone's price.
[/q]

While it's not a problem by itself, the explanation WHY the item could not be price matched made me laugh. :D

__PG__

Postby __PG__ » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Has anyone visited the actual shop front in Bayswater? Is the number still 9729 8283?
They have good prices on Castelli jackets at the moment, but I know that Castelli sizing can be all over the shop.
1994 Cecil Walker (now retired)
2013 Baum Corretto
2014 Cell Awaba 1.0

MTG

Postby MTG » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:36 pm

biker jk wrote:If the rattle is simply metal shavings from the spoke holes being drilled in the rim then this can be easily rectified. Just remove the tyre and try to get the metal shavings to fall out via the valve hole.
It's a lump of square metal biker jk which looks like it may be some kind of backing plate for where they join the rim during manufacture. It's machined and looks like it should serve some purpose - it may even be a counter weight that has come loose, yet I do not know much about rim manufacture. Anyway, limited response to fix the issue from CE to date even though I have been asked to jump through many hoops to provide videos and pics and order number and serial number of the bike and pics of the whole bike as one - each item requested in separate emails after me chasing an update as if no-one really knows how to deal with a warranty claim. Now been a couple of weeks since last contact and not heard a peep.

Likely will fall into the too hard basket for me and them yet it's a shame for CE and Mavic (who I have not been direct to yet).

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:26 pm

MTG wrote:
biker jk wrote:If the rattle is simply metal shavings from the spoke holes being drilled in the rim then this can be easily rectified. Just remove the tyre and try to get the metal shavings to fall out via the valve hole.
It's a lump of square metal biker jk which looks like it may be some kind of backing plate for where they join the rim during manufacture. It's machined and looks like it should serve some purpose - it may even be a counter weight that has come loose, yet I do not know much about rim manufacture. Anyway, limited response to fix the issue from CE to date even though I have been asked to jump through many hoops to provide videos and pics and order number and serial number of the bike and pics of the whole bike as one - each item requested in separate emails after me chasing an update as if no-one really knows how to deal with a warranty claim. Now been a couple of weeks since last contact and not heard a peep.

Likely will fall into the too hard basket for me and them yet it's a shame for CE and Mavic (who I have not been direct to yet).
Your Mavic rim is not pinned but welded. With loose metal this could suggest that the weld has failed. I wouldn't ride that rim.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:36 pm

Regarding the DrPants issue - I tried contacting with Cycling Express. It needed a few goes and got a response that because the order was through the old system they couldn't find it.
Unfortunately I believe it means 'tough luck' even though the case of non-delivery should automaticaly mean a refund - irrespective of system changes or anything else.

I don't agree that for genuine issues that it should be a cumbersome approach for customers with no-responses or unreasonably long delays - or even with an unmanaged and staggered approach of requesting information and still failing to follow through.

I wish any bike business driven by passion and honesty success and would like to include Cycling Express however am concerned.

To plot this, when they launched I was positive, but quickly concerned based on the number of compliants. They they became involved in the forums (*) and improved. Then forum participation stopped, and the complaints started, then they relocated overseas and the complaints increased. From this side, I know exactly what they need to do...

(* disclosure - When CE started active forum participation, they also ran some advertising on BNA)
Cycling is in my BNA

Rockford

Postby Rockford » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:26 pm

I'm never using them again, they promised $20 vouchers for any reviews of products you purchased, so I duly did a few and nothing came of it. No vouchers nothing.

We'd like to award you with a $20* voucher!

Thanks for shopping with us over the last year.

We hope you liked the items you bought from us.

We're eager to get customer feedback on all of our products and would like to invite you to review your purchase. We believe that this assists the cycling community to buy the best products available and gives the manufacturers important feedback.

As an added incentive, for every review you write we’ll give you a voucher for $20*. If you review two products you'll get two vouchers, if you review 5 products you'll get 5 vouchers and so on.
($200 minimum purchase)

}SkOrPn--7

Re: Cycling Express - New AUS online shop to compete with UK

Postby }SkOrPn--7 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:52 pm

}SkOrPn--7 wrote:I am looking forward to there new online store to check out but my hopes are not high at this stage only time will tell if my gut feeling goes away.

Ricky
From page one I think my gut feeling was correct.........

Alien27

Postby Alien27 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Rockford wrote:I'm never using them again, they promised $20 vouchers for any reviews of products you purchased, so I duly did a few and nothing came of it. No vouchers nothing.

We'd like to award you with a $20* voucher!

Thanks for shopping with us over the last year.

We hope you liked the items you bought from us.

We're eager to get customer feedback on all of our products and would like to invite you to review your purchase. We believe that this assists the cycling community to buy the best products available and gives the manufacturers important feedback.

As an added incentive, for every review you write we’ll give you a voucher for $20*. If you review two products you'll get two vouchers, if you review 5 products you'll get 5 vouchers and so on.
($200 minimum purchase)
I got that email over the weekend as well. Listed 9 items i had bought, i reviewed 6 of them, one in a million chance of getting $120 worth of vouchers but worth a shot :D
Tom

Alien27

Postby Alien27 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:29 pm

Actually just read the fine print a bit more. its on orders over $200 only and i think you can only use 1 $20 voucher at a time. So that's only 10%. There is a code you can enter on any order that gives you 15% off anyway so $20 vouchers are not much good.
Tom

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:56 am

I ordered some lights and chains on 17/11 and used AUSSIE15 for a 15% discount and also qualified for free delivery by spending over $150. Received an email a few hours after ordering with a TNT tracking number, goods received yesterday 21/11. Would of received them the day before except I wasn't home so had to arrange re-delivery.

I ordered 2 Ultegra 6800 chains and 2 Dura Ace 9000 chains, the Ult chains were just in a generic plastic bag with a CE sticker on the front but the DA chains were in OEM Shimano cardboard packaging. The lights I ordered were in their OEM moulded plastic packaging.

So thumbs up for CE on that order, fast delivery and goods as per order.

MTG

Postby MTG » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:57 am

Well, by way of an update to those interested, cycling express have now simply stopped responding to me. Last contact from cycling express was an email with a PDF link to all Mavic regional & global service contacts asking me to go straight to Mavic - this was after cycling express asking me to send in videos, then photographs of my bike, then order numbers, then serial numbers, then descriptions etc over the course of several weeks. I emailed the Mavic Australia contact from the PDF supplied, with a complete transcript of email comms since raising the issue direct with cycling express and had a response within a few hours stating that the Australian Mavic contact listed on the PDF did not and had not provided warranty support to cycling express and that cycling express were responsible for managing the warranty claim.
Rather embarrassing for cycling express I would say to send me to someone who has nothing to do with cycling express, yet cycling express have now simply stopped responding to me emails sonc providing the PDF. Can they simply stop responding.......really?

I'm really not sure what to do now after buying a brand new bike from cycling express, riding it for 200ks to have a wheel fail issue and to simply be ignored by cycling express and not offered any kind of option to help me out. I have suggested to cycling express that I would be happy for them to send a new rim to any LBS of their choosing and I would simply go in and make the swap but they ignored this suggestion. There is no way I am sending the rim back as I can almost guarantee that I will never see it again in this life time given cycling express' standard response times and general ability to managing emails let alone a physical package.

Anyway, got a brand new bike with a defective wheel that cycling express simply want nothing to do with - way to go looking after your customers and an outstanding example of incompetency in how to retain customers and repair a damaged customer service rep.

My advice to would-be cycling express customers, purchase from cycling express by all means as they do have some great deals. My bike (apart from the faulty wheel) is a great bike, yet do not expect any form of after sales service if you have anything wrong with your order or have a claim to make.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:19 pm

Maybe just cut your losses and buy a new wheel(s) or whatever part(s) you need to fix it. Even if you were confident of getting a result from CE it would probably cost you as much as what the wheel is worth in postage/freight to send it back to them.

Saying that if the wheel is faulty due to manufacturing issue then Mavic are as bad as CE for not honouring warranty. They manufactured the wheel, not CE, not really CEs fault the wheel is borked, they just sold it. It shouldn't matter where you bought it from (though you have provided both CE and Mavic with comprehensive purchase detail), if the wheel is faulty then the wheel is faulty. It doesn't suddenly become un-faulty because you are in Australia and CE are in China (or wherever) and Mavic are somewhere else. I suggest you buy another brand of wheel next time, Mavic aren't worthy of your business.

Redbull

Postby Redbull » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:49 am

Your agreement is with CE not Mavic so the issue needs to be taken up with CE not Mavic.
It's not acceptable, and contravenes Australian consumer law, to try and shunt the issue on to Mavic.
The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass

Ross

Postby Ross » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:58 am

Redbull wrote: It's not acceptable, and contravenes Australian consumer law, to try and shunt the issue on to Mavic.
Umm...CE aren't an Australian company so Australian laws don't apply to them.

GTPilot

Postby GTPilot » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:20 am

They are on Facebook, Strava etc. so hit them up in the social media avenues on public boards.
I never use email for returns or complaints with ANY company these days, gets you nowhere.

CyclingExpress

Postby CyclingExpress » Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Hi everyone,

This is Shaun from Cycling Express.

I've just recently taken on the role of customer support manager and my attention was drawn to this forum post. Chris notified us of a possible growing issue surrounding the replies or rather "lack of replies" to inquiries from the Cycling Express support team. This of course is of great concern to me and I would like to resolve these problems.

I was taking a look through the posts here and noticed MTG has had an issue regarding a new bike purchase. I also see there have been some issues with vouchers being promised for reviews. There is clearly an error somewhere in our computer system and I am looking into what has gone wrong.

I am unable to look into the case at present as I do not have any contact information for you all given that forum poster identities are not made public.

I would like to reach out to MTG and also to anyone else on this forum who has had problems in relation to Cycling Express. I would like you to contact me at shaun@cyclingexpress.com and also CC sales@cyclingexpress.com. I will personally handle the matter. Those who have left reviews and not received codes will get the codes promised.

I need you to contact me and we can get these issues resolved for you all.

Thank you for your time and please accept our apologies.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Shaun

nezumi

Postby nezumi » Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:04 pm

Ross wrote:
Redbull wrote: It's not acceptable, and contravenes Australian consumer law, to try and shunt the issue on to Mavic.
Umm...CE aren't an Australian company so Australian laws don't apply to them.
Not quite true...
Choice wrote:Your rights online are covered by the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) in the same way that you’re covered when you walk into a store off the street. However, these provisions are difficult to enforce in other jurisdictions, and the ACCC advises it may be difficult to enforce the consumer protection laws of other countries on your behalf.
Source
Slater & Gordon wrote:Australia’s consumer laws apply to overseas traders who do business in Australia but it is difficult to apply those laws in Australia. A complaint can be lodged with econsumer.gov, an international agency that gathers and shares cross-border e-commerce complaints.
Source
2014 Merida Cyclo Cross 4
2015 Merida Scultura 5000

MTG

Postby MTG » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:29 am

Thank you Shaun

Email with full transcript duly sent to both emails addresses. Good luck in the new role and lets hope this new appointment does indeed serve to firstly assist those with current issues and then help to restore some faith back into the cycling community.

Look forward to hearing from you. MTG
CyclingExpress wrote:Hi everyone,

I've just recently taken on the role of customer support manager and my attention was drawn to this forum post. Chris notified us of a possible growing issue surrounding the replies or rather "lack of replies" to inquiries from the Cycling Express support team. This of course is of great concern to me and I would like to resolve these problems.

I was taking a look through the posts here and noticed MTG has had an issue regarding a new bike purchase. I also see there have been some issues with vouchers being promised for reviews. There is clearly an error somewhere in our computer system and I am looking into what has gone wrong.

I am unable to look into the case at present as I do not have any contact information for you all given that forum poster identities are not made public.

I would like to reach out to MTG and also to anyone else on this forum who has had problems in relation to Cycling Express. I would like you to contact me at shaun@cyclingexpress.com and also CC sales@cyclingexpress.com. I will personally handle the matter. Those who have left reviews and not received codes will get the codes promised.

Shaun

lucky7

Postby lucky7 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:21 pm

I may have this wrong, but didn't they jump on here, fall to their knees and drown dissatisfied customers in promises last time everyone started complaining?

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:51 pm

MTG wrote:Thank you Shaun

Email with full transcript duly sent to both emails addresses. Good luck in the new role and lets hope this new appointment does indeed serve to firstly assist those with current issues and then help to restore some faith back into the cycling community.

Look forward to hearing from you. MTG
CyclingExpress wrote:Hi everyone,

Shaun
BTW this thread seems to be about a similar issue.
Duck! wrote:It's probably the rim joining block floating around. Seen it happen in several Mavic rims. Not fixable.

Cheers,

Cameron

MTG

Postby MTG » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:45 am

Thanks Cameron, will check out the thread. Appreciate the info