Cycling Express - New online shop to compete with UK....

tomee

Re: Cycling Express - New online shop to compete with UK....

Postby tomee » Thu Jan 14, 2016 8:28 am

they say they have a retail store, yet when i emailed about stock at this store they said they cant match the prices from the online store. Say What!?

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:25 am

Tomee, this has been an ongoing source of confusion for shoppers. The retail shop can't follow up orders etc for the online shop.

Best to view them as two separate entities.
Cycling is in my BNA

hubbardhero

Postby hubbardhero » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:54 pm

I was redirected here as I had asked this in a new topic:

Hi everyone,

Just doing a shop around online and found the Cycling Express website.

Are they based in Australia? Haven't heard much about them.

Are they any good?

Any recent experiences? Seems this thread is a few years old.

Spaniel

Postby Spaniel » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:00 pm

I ordered a new set of wheels from Cycling Express on Friday at 2pm, they arrived at noon Monday, from Taipei via Singapore.

Based on that service I'll certainly use them again.

Bunged Knee

Postby Bunged Knee » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:10 pm

hubbardhero wrote:I was redirected here as I had asked this in a new topic:

Hi everyone,

Just doing a shop around online and found the Cycling Express website.

Are they based in Australia? Haven't heard much about them.

Are they any good?

Any recent experiences? Seems this thread is a few years old.
You haven't read the rest of it. It started in June`11 and there's last comment above your comment.

Click the link of AU Admin interview and you`d find out. viewtopic.php?p=629418#p629418
ID please? What ID? My seat tube ID is 27.2mm or 31.6mm depending on what bikes I ride today.thanks...

m@

Postby m@ » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:14 pm

I've had several good experiences, mostly price-matching things I found elsewhere at a lower advertised price.

Delivery has always been quick, communication can be slow at times. Once they did supply the wrong part (which I had checked via email as the price seemed too good to be true). They were apologetic and accepted the return via return post (paid for by them), so I wasn't out of pocket. Can't ask for much better than that IMO.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

Prawns

Postby Prawns » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:51 pm

Purchased a De Rosa R838 through Cycling Express in April 2015. Had a few instances were my chain came off doing a standing start, traffic light etc. Thought it was something I was doing but after a few months noticed that the back wheel was not tracking straight. Not a wheel issue but the frame. I logged a claim on the 16th of December last year and under Cycling Express initial instructions they asked me to take it to one of their certified bike mechanics.

After dropping off the bike and then later a 2nd set of wheels that did not come with the bike (not sure why as I had checked the miss-alignment issue with these as well) the shop sent details and photos back to Cycling Express and believed it was a warranty issue. Cycling Express responses were at snail pace, every 2 to 3 weeks week which was very frustrating. Eventually they got back to me and said the De Rosa had offered compensation but Cycling Express were pushing for a new frame. Now after a few more weeks I have finally been told that De Rosa want to look at the bike to determine if it is a warranty issue. To do this it needs to be shipped back to Taiwan at my expense. CE offered to put it with there shipment still at my cost but this could take another 3 months and if the problem is not covered I would need to ship this back at my own cost. If it comes to that I might as well bin it. I can except the compensation of $180 but I would still be riding on a bike that is dangerous and not what I paid for.

The Bike is still at the shop\mechanics where it has been most of the summer and has only done about 600km. I am disappointed that I have been given the “make it hard and he will go away” solution. And the last correspondence I just received was "we're trying to find a solution that suits everyone". yes everyone but me.
Dont know what to do now as reading through the forums it looks the only legit contact has left CE.

m@

Postby m@ » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:22 am

That's not good - compensation is no use to you with an unrideable bike!

Maybe worth contacting the ACCC for advice, as that doesn't sound legit to me - you should be able to make a warranty claim from the retailer, I don't believe the cost of returning the item to the manufacturer can be passed onto you. Essentially it is Cycling Express as the retailer who has warranty obligations; whether De Rosa then compensate then in turn is between them, not you. This is all assuming the sale took place in Australia for legal purposes; I'm not sure what the status of CX is these days...
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe

biker jk

Postby biker jk » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:36 am

m@ wrote:That's not good - compensation is no use to you with an unrideable bike!

Maybe worth contacting the ACCC for advice, as that doesn't sound legit to me - you should be able to make a warranty claim from the retailer, I don't believe the cost of returning the item to the manufacturer can be passed onto you. Essentially it is Cycling Express as the retailer who has warranty obligations; whether De Rosa then compensate then in turn is between them, not you. This is all assuming the sale took place in Australia for legal purposes; I'm not sure what the status of CX is these days...
Yes, a claim with Fair Trading needs to be submitted. The bicycle is faulty (major not minor) and you have the right to be provided with a refund or replacement frame. I had a saddle rail break on a pretty new saddle and the LBS sent it to the manufacturer (at their expense) who claimed there was no manufacturing defect but I still received a full refund from the LBS (albeit they were reluctant to help until I went to Fair Trading).

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Mar 11, 2016 9:13 pm

I suggest the following:

- Remain polite

- Inform Cycling Express that you want this issue raised to management - 2 - 3 week response time is not acceptable for leading online retailers.

- Inform Cycling Express that you have followed their requirements and the bike shop has confirmed that it is a warranty defect. Insist that the frame is replaced as Cycling Express previous confirmed should be the case. If De Rosa now need to check this, it should be the responsibility of Cycling Express as the retailer to organise the return as their agent (the certified bike shop as confirmed).

- You expect a satisfactory resolution by [date] or will lodge a complaint with the ACCC.

----

$180 compensation is not acceptable, this would be the cost of a rebuild (moving the gear from one frame to a new one) by a mechanic ... and wouldn't leave anything for a new frame.

If you get stuck, please let me know (PM). I do have contact with CE and can encourage them to escalated it. It is in everyones best interest to get this resolved. While it is always a disappointment when equipment fails, if your bike shop has confirmed that it is a bike frame flaw, then the retailer can claim this from the brand / manufacturer.

Christopher
Cycling is in my BNA

falconfly

Postby falconfly » Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:52 pm

+ for Chris. Quite surprised by De Rosa's conduct.

Prawns

Postby Prawns » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:43 pm

Thanks for all your advice. I will follow up with the info you have given me.
I may have to take you up on that contact Christopher if it drags out any more.
Its a shame because they are a sponsor of our club and I even have the CE logo on my club Skin-suit. Sean helped me enthusiastically with my initial inquiry on this bike so they had great potential and I didn't want it to go this way.

celeste boy

Postby celeste boy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:05 pm

My first visit to the store on line.

No chain lube of any description and jerseys no bigger than XL.

Not knocking- just making an observation.

CB

hubbardhero

Postby hubbardhero » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:35 pm

In this article, it talks about a Legend Cycling in Taiwan and Cycling Express logistics being based in Taiwan.

https://www.bicycles.net.au/2015/05/cyc ... -retailer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Quick Google Search revealed this website with a contact phone number. It's a Taiwan number, but might be worth calling for all those people with gripes and being restricted to email only.

http://legendcycling.com/contact.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Le Mong

Postby Le Mong » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Ordered a set of 202s knowing they were last generation hubs Monday night advertised as having the 188 V9 hubset (not awesome but not completely crap like previous generations). Opened the box today to find a 188 V9 Front (post recall version) and a V8 (straight pull DS and very prone to failure) rear hub...

The email response earlier in the week was under an hour, today I get silence. Dissapointed would be an understatement of how I'm feeling and the only saving grace is that I payed with PayPal if they try and ignore the issue. If i haven't had a solution presented by Monday I will be raising a disspute with them.

Ross

Postby Ross » Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:36 am

tomee wrote:they say they have a retail store, yet when i emailed about stock at this store they said they cant match the prices from the online store. Say What!?
Pushys are the same. Quite a few good deals on Pushys website (though freight is often the deal killer) but if you go to their B&M store prices are pretty much the same as any other LBS.

Noviss

Postby Noviss » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Ross wrote:
tomee wrote:they say they have a retail store, yet when i emailed about stock at this store they said they cant match the prices from the online store. Say What!?
Pushys are the same. Quite a few good deals on Pushys website (though freight is often the deal killer) but if you go to their B&M store prices are pretty much the same as any other LBS.
Had the same experience with Pushys. Saw a pair of touring shoes on their web site at a price comparable to Wiggle. Went to their local store because I don't like buying shoes without trying them on first and to support the B&M store. I was told that to access the on line price you had to purchase on line but they were happy for me to check fitting. So dumb. They lost me at that point.

As much as I despise sizing at a B&M store and buying on line I find it difficult to give my hard earned to a business with such a flawed business model.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:59 am

Noviss wrote:
As much as I despise sizing at a B&M store and buying on line I find it difficult to give my hard earned to a business with such a flawed business model.
At least they were ok to let you check sizing.
Cycling is in my BNA

Ross

Postby Ross » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:01 pm

So I was looking to buy an item from CE worth $229.99. On their website it says free shipping if you spend over $199. There are also a number of discount codes, one for 40% off and another that's been supposedly valid forever for 12% off. I added the item to my basket and logged in then tried to apply both discount codes (neither work) and noticed that freight was $19.99. Anyone experienced similar?

Wiggle/c r c have the item for $201 with free freight, a couple of clicks and it can be mine, hassle free...