Bike Bug Online

bollo

Bike Bug Online

Postby bollo » Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:18 pm

anybody bought from bike bug ? i ordered a couple of sets of reynolds carbon pads over a week ago & still nothing, checked there site / my account & say dispatched
2013 Cube Lightning HPC SL Race
2012 Merida Scultura Evo 905

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bike Bug Online

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:22 pm

Time to phone them and check on the status, they may have tracking info access if it is dispatched and can find out what happened.
Cycling is in my BNA

Gashead

Postby Gashead » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Yeah, I have bought quite a few things. Normally took around 1week to deliver. I have even return a few items for a full refund without any issues. I find them good to deal with.

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:33 am

bollo wrote:anybody bought from bike bug ? i ordered a couple of sets of reynolds carbon pads over a week ago & still nothing, checked there site / my account & say dispatched
with them i find, in store prices are significantly more than the online pricing... you generally gotta tell them how much you seen it for.

and with all honesty they had stuffed my order up on my only purchase online with them.

Basically i was pissed.

i ordered a Prologo Nago Evo Tri saddle $150..." ... so i figured i could've purchased from wiggle but i wanted to support the local industry.
the website displayed "in stock"... and took my money... they never called me and a week later i was wondering what happened. I called and they said it is "out of stock" and "We can back-order"
kept telling me "its coming" each week.

then in the end after 4 weeks of waiting, they said "nah, we cant get it anymore... the local merchant Echelon sports cant bring them in... we can refund you the amount"

it wasn't the refund that was the issue, it was the fact there was 4 weeks time lost of twiddling thumbs..

i would not purchase online with them again.

sminns

Postby sminns » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:42 am

DoubleSpeeded wrote:
and with all honesty they had stuffed my order up on my only purchase online with them.

Basically i was pissed.

i ordered a Prologo Nago Evo Tri saddle $150..." ... so i figured i could've purchased from wiggle but i wanted to support the local industry.
the website displayed "in stock"... and took my money... they never called me and a week later i was wondering what happened. I called and they said it is "out of stock" and "We can back-order"
kept telling me "its coming" each week..

Same thing happened to me, why list it as in stock if it's not and you are only advised if you ring up chasing your order!! Never again

Railit1

Postby Railit1 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:04 am

I have purchased a few items from them and have had nothing but good experiences. Perhaps i've been lucky.

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:36 am

Railit1 wrote:I have purchased a few items from them and have had nothing but good experiences. Perhaps i've been lucky.
possibly.
A friend of mine ordered from them and had no issues.
sminns wrote:
DoubleSpeeded wrote:

Basically i was pissed.

Same thing happened to me, why list it as in stock if it's not and you are only advised if you ring up chasing your order!! Never again
Apparently they blamed the website for this. i understand that life is not a fairytale and s@#$-happens... but what made me more annoyed was they weren't apologetic about it and didn't make any efforts to set things straight like offer me a discount or other benefits for this inconvenience (that other stores have done before).

Poor customer service skills also

DoogleDave

Postby DoogleDave » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:12 am

I have purchased a number of items from them and they have always been very reliable.
Onmost occasions it usually takes about 2 days to get from Syd to Melb CBD....on one occasion it was the very next morning.

I ordered a couple of Conti GP4000's a while ago and when I went to fit them a few days after delivery I found that the bead on one of them was defective and lifted off the rim when pumped up past 80psi.

I emailed Bikebug and included a photo and they replied same day and said throw it away and another in on its way. The next day I had the replacement tyre. Can't argue with that service.

Dave
2012 Felt F75 | 105 | ProLite Braccianos | GP4000S

MarkG

Postby MarkG » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:49 am

I've used bikebug twice. Quick and easy transactions both times. David Walsh is really easy to do deal with too.
Proudly "a hater of academics with helmet cams"

TDC

Postby TDC » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:13 pm

sminns wrote:
DoubleSpeeded wrote:

Basically i was pissed.

Bike bug would go on the info that the distributors tells them. They won't know if a product is unavailable unless the distributor informs them that it's unavailable. They are only as good as the weakest link back down the supply chain. It might take them a week to get a confirmation from these guys, because somebody has contact somebody else for the info, who then has to contact someone else from the supplier overseas and so on. It all takes time.

As for why stuff is listed in stock when it's not; inventory control is a PITA, and sometimes people just get it wrong (not with any malice).

mjd

Postby mjd » Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:33 pm

I have purchased many items from these guys. Longest delivery was 2 days. They are pretty helpful guys if you call.

__PG__

Postby __PG__ » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:18 pm

Purchased Time RXS carbon pedals and 3T Team bar tape from them about a month ago. Delivery from Sydney to Melbourne took a few days.

The 3T Team black tape was last years model, not this year's version (the suede finish with the blue perforations). I said I wanted to return it but they said forget it and they just gave me a straight refund.

They answered emails promptly and professionally. Will shop again.
1994 Cecil Walker (now retired)
2013 Baum Corretto
2014 Cell Awaba 1.0

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:52 pm

got my rav x bottle cages from bike bug. prompt service. happy to recommend them

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:08 pm

TDC wrote:
sminns wrote:
DoubleSpeeded wrote:

Basically i was pissed.

Bike bug would go on the info that the distributors tells them. They won't know if a product is unavailable unless the distributor informs them that it's unavailable.

no, wrong...
they have a stock warehouse in alexandria somewhere in Sydney. North Sydney is thier main store that they carry a small amount of stock.

'In Stock' is not meant to mean "back-order" with zipp & prologo parts from Echelon Sports Pty LTD for e.g

"Stock" is stock... not " in Stock - Buy It Now, and we will back order from the domestic merchant."

yeh imagine that... "Buy it now... rav x saddle bag $10."... "ok this customer paid... quick lets be the middle man and get the domestic Rav-x merchant to send us one and we send to them"... 6 - 8 days later... you get it...

They blamed thier system in which they recon they were updating.

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:14 pm

look bollo...

i would ring them first thing on monday morning and hound them.

1 week is unacceptable within australia...

tell them that more than 1 week is just wrong... (you wonder why people buy from UK)
and query them about a refund at a cut off date that you can both agree to.

cyclotaur

Postby cyclotaur » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:24 pm

DoubleSpeeded wrote:1 week is unacceptable within australia...

tell them that more than 1 week is just wrong... (you wonder why people buy from UK.
Meh ... My last c r c package took 2 weeks after it was "shipped" the same day as the order.

Sent from my iPhinger ...
2023 Target: 9.500kms/100,000m
My old blog - A bit of fun :)
"Riding, not racing...completing, not competing"

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:36 pm

cyclotaur wrote:

tell them that more than 1 week is just wrong... (you wonder why people buy from UK.
Meh ... My last c r c package took 2 weeks after it was "shipped" the same day as the order.

c r c = UK

Bike Bug = Australia

Ross

Postby Ross » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:46 am

DoubleSpeeded wrote:look bollo...

tell them that more than 1 week is just wrong... (you wonder why people buy from UK)
It is out of control of Bike Bug once the parts have been sent. It is up to Australia Post or whatever courier they use.

cyclotaur

Postby cyclotaur » Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:25 am

DoubleSpeeded wrote:
cyclotaur wrote:

c r c = UK

Bike Bug = Australia
That's my point - the idea that buying from UK is better/quicker is not always true.

2023 Target: 9.500kms/100,000m
My old blog - A bit of fun :)
"Riding, not racing...completing, not competing"

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:29 am

Ross wrote:
DoubleSpeeded wrote:look bollo...

It is out of control of Bike Bug once the parts have been sent. It is up to Australia Post or whatever courier they use.
you dident get what i meant

obviously you ring them to PREP them up and let them know about it.. incase you need to get them to refund it.

DoubleSpeeded

Postby DoubleSpeeded » Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:35 am

cyclotaur wrote:
DoubleSpeeded wrote:
cyclotaur wrote:[quote="DoubleSpeeded"

c r c = UK

Bike Bug = Australia
That's my point - the idea that buying from UK is better/quicker is not always true.

Sent from my iPhinger ...[/quote]

of course... not always faster but at times it has taken 4 days

and besides.. 2 weeks is nothing for international in general.. things from USA usually always arrive 3 - 4 weeks

were talking about domestic postage in comparison to for e.g UK being 33980km away and undergoing customs as well....

things take longer thats understandable..

open roader

Postby open roader » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:36 am

I loathe online product advertised as available only to discover (usually weeks later) that the product/s were not in stock at the time of my purchase. As both a seller of online advertised products and a buyer of online advertised products I believe online is by and large an immediate medium and if the product is unavailable for immediate purchase and subsequent delivery then this must be made clear to the purchaser / browser.

I have purchased twice on separate occasions from Bike Bug online - a helmet and a pair of shoes, both purchases at the upper end of the price scale. On both occasions I emailed Bike Bug on their contact email found on the website asking if the specific items I wanted were avail. right now for immediate purchase and dispatch. On both occasions I received a reply well within 12hrs to the affirmative. I paid via CC with no issues and the purchases arrived from Sydney to me in country Victoria inside 48 hours via courier, intact and 100% as described. On both occasions the price + shipping have been equivalent or lower to best O.S. prices.

Two purchases does not maketh the reputation, however, Bike Bug have provided me with some the best, most timely online purchase service I have experienced to date and easily the very best service and communications from an Australian based bike online shopping service. I now look to their website as one of the initial ports of call when shopping online for bike parts and accessories.
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

foz

Postby foz » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:24 am

Hi..ordered some products from them yesterday ..online..it asked me whether I wanted to pick up..or have delivered..clicked delivery..only to realize that they have a shop front in Rokeby Road Subiaco..up th top nearer Kings Park..Don Halls old shop..
http://cyclingtips.com/2015/01/bikebug- ... ig-brands/
The owners..one used to be the Colnago rep in Australia..
Interesting to see how long order takes..

northvegas_12

Postby northvegas_12 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:41 am

I bought from the local Bike Bug store and the experience has been horrible.

The product was faulty after 1 ride so I returned the item and am still waiting for the refund, after I returned them around 8 weeks ago.

Kept getting told they will follow it up and get back to me, which they never do. I called the other day saying I want a refund as I have now bought elsewhere, which I was told they are waiting for them to return and if the dealer will refund they can...

Have found some good items on the site but unsure if I want the hassle...

foz

Postby foz » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:57 pm

Hi..order arrived to door..10.30 am..ordered yesterday 6am..same price as Wiggle..Ribble..good service.
Will order from them again if price is similar..
10/10..