Buying a Canyon

Jimbojones

Re: Buying a Canyon

Postby Jimbojones » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:22 am

Just a quick update on my purchase.
Received an email from Canyon Germany last night to advise my CANYON Ultimate CF SL 9.0 Di2 (changed my mind and purchased this instead of the CF SLX 8.0) is on the way. ETA was 6 May 2016 so right on time.
I also ordered a 110mm stem as the medium only comes with 100mm as standard. Anyone needs a 100mm stem just let me know...

Canyon Australia were very helpful in getting the new stem included in the bike box. Let's see how it looks built up next week :)

creamyy

Postby creamyy » Tue May 03, 2016 7:41 pm

Well this is a surprise.

I changed my order to an Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 DI2 about 3 weeks ago. Early this morning they attempted to charge my credit card but I'd maxed out my credit limit. Called the bank and had the limit raised. Checked Canyon's site and the expected delivery date had come down from 30 May to 16th May. Checked again just then, and it's now showing as from stock. They've now charged the card, so hopefully I'll get it very soon.

Jimbojones

Postby Jimbojones » Thu May 05, 2016 3:33 pm

In my case they didn't take the money until today when i signed the courier's little electronic delivery device.

Just put it together, wow it's lighter than i thought..

creamyy

Postby creamyy » Thu May 05, 2016 3:35 pm

Bad news :(. I enquired since I hadn't received a tracking number. Was told my order is still on track for end of month shipping, and bikes shown in stock are still taking 4 to 5 weeks to ship. Also looks like it's just a holding charge on the card not actual charge.

Bit deceptive on shipping really.
Jimbojones wrote:In my case they didn't take the money until today when i signed the courier's little electronic delivery device.

Just put it together, wow it's lighter than i thought..
How long was the holding charge on your card for?

Jimbojones

Postby Jimbojones » Thu May 05, 2016 6:01 pm

No holding charge, I was quite surprised. The money was only debited today. My wife was quite surprised (as this is my bday present from her) that they didn't do anything until I received the goods. The money for the extra stem was debited last week ($58) but that's it until the full amount was taken out today.

creamyy

Postby creamyy » Fri May 06, 2016 8:58 pm

Do all Canyon bikes come with a bell? Even the ones with their cockpit?

jetglo

Postby jetglo » Wed May 11, 2016 9:23 am

Do all Canyon bikes come with a bell? Even the ones with their cockpit?
My Ultimate with the integrated bars did.

creamyy

Postby creamyy » Wed May 18, 2016 6:05 pm

Just an update, my ultimate shipped yesterday (2 weeks earlier than expected). It arrived in NSW today, due for delivery (Brisbane) by early next week.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri May 20, 2016 5:53 pm

Canyon buyers and owners will be interested in a behind the scenes article by road.cc
Canyon Bikes: Behind the website

Cycling is in my BNA

pagey

Postby pagey » Sat May 21, 2016 8:49 am

I received my Ultimate SLX 8.0 di2 3 weeks early. I also ordered the H11 bars to replace the standard ones
cheers
Pagey

pagey

Postby pagey » Sat May 21, 2016 8:50 am

I'm yet to decide whether to replace the Mavic Wheelset and if so what with
cheers
Pagey

benbutton

Postby benbutton » Sun May 22, 2016 5:11 am

pagey wrote:I received my Ultimate SLX 8.0 di2 3 weeks early. I also ordered the H11 bars to replace the standard ones
Hey Pagey
I have been interested in an Ultimate for a while. Couple of questions-
1. What is cost of Aerocockpit when purchased separately? How did you get it, I can't see it listed separately?
2. Did you think about getting the H36 rather than H11, which I thought was the aerocockpit for the Aeroad bike?
3. Most importantly, how is the bike? :)
Cheers

pagey

Postby pagey » Mon May 23, 2016 7:59 am

benbutton wrote:
pagey wrote:I received my Ultimate SLX 8.0 di2 3 weeks early. I also ordered the H11 bars to replace the standard ones
Hey Pagey
I have been interested in an Ultimate for a while. Couple of questions-
1. What is cost of Aerocockpit when purchased separately? How did you get it, I can't see it listed separately?
2. Did you think about getting the H36 rather than H11, which I thought was the aerocockpit for the Aeroad bike?
3. Most importantly, how is the bike? :)
Cheers
1. The cost was $230 and you order it buy contacting them via the website
2. They only offered me the H11
3. I wish I new. I am currently in LA and the bike is siting at home in its box. I get home this weekend so will take it for a run then
cheers
Pagey

panosk

Postby panosk » Tue May 24, 2016 2:25 am

i face a dilemma:

canyon aeroad cf slx 6 (AT) 4900 (including delivery)
OR
cervelo s3 ultegra 2015 (AT) 4000 (from local shop)
http://www.bikeradar.com/au/road/gear/c ... -15-49783/
...each turn of the pedals, every single meter gained, hurts...

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue May 24, 2016 9:00 am

panosk wrote:i face a dilemma:

OR
I'd take a shimano press fit over a bbright bottom bracket.

macca33

Postby macca33 » Tue May 24, 2016 11:40 am

jasonc wrote:I'd take a shimano press fit over a bbright bottom bracket.
OUCH for Cervelo - but not innaccurate!!!
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares & Ridley Noah SL

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue May 24, 2016 12:16 pm

macca33 wrote:
and that's from a bloke riding on a BB90 bottom bracket... :oops:

panosk

Postby panosk » Thu May 26, 2016 1:35 am

jasonc wrote:
macca33 wrote:
i ride a bike with the exact BB as canyon....and it creaks....not everyday but i have noticed it creaks when the temperature changes rapidly...so i think i will go with cervelo...
...each turn of the pedals, every single meter gained, hurts...

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu May 26, 2016 7:34 am

panosk wrote:
jasonc wrote:
macca33 wrote:
i ride a bike with the exact BB as canyon....and it creaks....not everyday but i have noticed it creaks when the temperature changes rapidly...so i think i will go with cervelo...
I think the only BB that's easy to fix creaks on is a threaded bottom bracket.

Duck!
Expert

Postby Duck! » Thu May 26, 2016 1:30 pm

panosk wrote:
That's more to do with the frame the bottom bracket is in, rather than the bottom bracket itself.
I had a thought, but it got run over as it crossed my mind.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Thu May 26, 2016 1:51 pm

Duck! wrote:
panosk wrote:
That's more to do with the frame the bottom bracket is in, rather than the bottom bracket itself.
We're going way off topic here. but i agree with duck. a frame and bottom bracket should be made to allow for tolerances.

pagey

Postby pagey » Fri May 27, 2016 3:55 pm

panosk wrote:i face a dilemma:

OR
I've got a 2015 S3 along with my Ultimate SLX. The S3 is dynamite get it and you will not regret it
cheers
Pagey

j60

Postby j60 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:21 am

Hi guys, I placed order last week and got delivery notification very quickly with a tracking number. However, the package has been sitting in Germany for 4 days unable to deliver due to a missing commercial invoice. I have contacted Canyon Australia and they said they have report the issue. But it seems that Canyon headquarter is dealing hundreds of email a day and my request are in the queue. Has anyone had this incident before? Or is there anything I can do to get it sorted quickly? Thank you!

creamyy

Postby creamyy » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:28 am

j60 wrote:Hi guys, I placed order last week and got delivery notification very quickly with a tracking number. However, the package has been sitting in Germany for 4 days unable to deliver due to a missing commercial invoice. I have contacted Canyon Australia and they said they have report the issue. But it seems that Canyon headquarter is dealing hundreds of email a day and my request are in the queue. Has anyone had this incident before? Or is there anything I can do to get it sorted quickly? Thank you!
While I don't know what the fix is. I had several issues with my delivery. The Canyon folks seemed to have left out some of the required documentation to clear customs. UPS called me up trying to collect payment to release the package. I had to get UPS to email the invoice and then forward it to Canyon Australia. Probably cost me 2 days in shipping time.

j60

Postby j60 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:29 pm

creamyy wrote:
j60 wrote:Hi guys, I placed order last week and got delivery notification very quickly with a tracking number. However, the package has been sitting in Germany for 4 days unable to deliver due to a missing commercial invoice. I have contacted Canyon Australia and they said they have report the issue. But it seems that Canyon headquarter is dealing hundreds of email a day and my request are in the queue. Has anyone had this incident before? Or is there anything I can do to get it sorted quickly? Thank you!
While I don't know what the fix is. I had several issues with my delivery. The Canyon folks seemed to have left out some of the required documentation to clear customs. UPS called me up trying to collect payment to release the package. I had to get UPS to email the invoice and then forward it to Canyon Australia. Probably cost me 2 days in shipping time.
thanks mate, I've send email to UPS Germany and ask if anything I can do to get it around quickly.