Buying a Canyon

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Buying a Canyon

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:40 am

This does contradict the confirmation on delivery times provided by the Australian agent.

Did you receive information or updates from Canyon after the delivery started to extend beyond the planned arrival date?

i.e. automated or custom responses to inform you if the delayed delivery - unprompted by any of your queries?
Cycling is in my BNA

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:05 am

It took 2 weeks after ordering and me contacting them to get the first email with estimated dispatch date. Mind you they are supposed to be automatically sent out :? . The first dispatch date I received was around 4weeks post ordering. Within a few days I received another dispatch date, a 1 week delay on the original date. So add on a week to get to Aus and its sitting on 6weeks.
Current Ride: Trek Madone 6.5 (2013)

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:25 am

Is there any one item within your order that is holding up the dispatch i.e. something that is out of stock?

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:04 pm

Not that I am aware of and nothing Canyon Au have said along those lines. They did contact the German office but came back with the latest dispatch date is the best they can do.

Think it is down to the backlog of orders and issues they had changing warehouses/IT systems.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:31 pm

The bikes each have a the availability listed which customer should expect to be reliable reference. Their 'express bikes' are meant to be in stock and ready to ship now so it is difficult to understand why they wouldn't ship promptly.

Cycling is in my BNA

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:47 pm

would you really buy a bike now that you won't get til june. 2017 models are released mid july

macca33

Postby macca33 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:18 am

jasonc wrote:would you really buy a bike now that you won't get til june. 2017 models are released mid july

I'm with you; once the apparent 'must have the newest jigger' craze passes, Canyon will be sctratching their collective heads. They are not bespoke, handmade bikes, so they are simply not worth waiting for.

What happens when something goes awry - you're left waiting for months and months for a spare part / replacement - plenty of commentary on this throughout the interwebz...

cheers
CAAD10 Berzerker & Focus Mares & Ridley Noah SL

brawlo

Postby brawlo » Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:39 pm

Ordered one of the express bikes on the 16th Dec.....still waiting :roll:

I was in no real rush, and had booked a bike fit in March while also getting a fitting for a custom track frame. Now I'm starting to worry about it.....

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:14 am

It would be interesting to see what is happening. I would give Canyon Australia a call.
Canyon Launch wrote:The launch of Canyon Bikes in Australia is just in time for Christmas and Darryl Moliere confirmed on the phone that for bikes currently in-stock, the delivery time will be circa one week.
full article
This was one of the 'concerns' I had so asked and I would be curious to understand what is happening. Are they not on stock, are they having trouble dispatching or were they dispatched properly and ontime but are sitting in transit?
Cycling is in my BNA

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:40 am

I've now been billed for my order, which based on all the correspondence I've received is an indication the bike it ready and will be dispatched within 24hrs. However since been billed (2days ago) I've had no communication as to shipping details etc. I'll be calling the Au office today for a please explain.

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:23 pm

Got the news my bike has shipped so some light starting to shine at the end of the tunnel :)
Last edited by HAKS on Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:48 pm

Thanks for the update - when it arrives, get some photos of the packaging and unpacking. They apparently have super duper shipping boxes.
It would be also good to get a bit of a summary / overview when you ordered, expected delivery date and status updates / emails - this is for the interest of other readers.
Cycling is in my BNA

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Thu Feb 04, 2016 6:37 pm

Will do :)

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:29 am

Mine took about 3 weeks to get to Japan for what its worth, hope yours is quicker.

brawlo

Postby brawlo » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:01 am

HAKS wrote:I've now been billed for my order, which based on all the correspondence I've received is an indication the bike it ready and will be dispatched within 24hrs. However since been billed (2days ago) I've had no communication as to shipping details etc. I'll be calling the Au office today for a please explain.
I was billed too a few days ago. No update on delivery as yet though. Last update gave me a date from 25-29th Jan. Hopefully it's here very soon!

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:45 pm

brawlo wrote:
HAKS wrote:I've now been billed for my order, which based on all the correspondence I've received is an indication the bike it ready and will be dispatched within 24hrs. However since been billed (2days ago) I've had no communication as to shipping details etc. I'll be calling the Au office today for a please explain.
I was billed too a few days ago. No update on delivery as yet though. Last update gave me a date from 25-29th Jan. Hopefully it's here very soon!
The automatic emails from head office seem a bit slow. The Aus office actually emailed me first telling me it had been dispatched, then got the automatic ones with tracking details about 8hrs later.

Hope yours is on-route soon as well :)

Crawf

Postby Crawf » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:39 pm

Shipping costs ridiculous and its not even express.

ItsDank

Postby ItsDank » Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:59 pm

I'm holding out for the Aeroad refresh. Surely they've gotta refresh it in time for TDF.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:47 pm

Crawf, a tip is to see if you have an option to have it delivered locally to a German address (friend?) who have the post with regular shipping which would probably be less that 5 Euros to Australia. The catch is that the delivery times can get a bit long but the things eventually arrive.
Cycling is in my BNA

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:46 pm

Bike just arrived, super fast delivery :D

Will unpack it shortly.

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:16 pm

HAKS wrote:Bike just arrived, super fast delivery :D

Will unpack it shortly.
lotsa pics!

beanbiken

Postby beanbiken » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:50 pm

Will unpack it shortly.
Woo Hoo.... happy days, enjoy and yes images please :D :D

Steve

MichaelB

Postby MichaelB » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:56 pm

Will unpack it shortly.
C'mon, it's been over an hour already !!!!! :roll:

HAKS

Postby HAKS » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:45 pm

MichaelB wrote:C'mon, it's been over an hour already !!!!! :roll:
Had to finish watching the Superbowl first, then feed the baby, then unpack bike. Priorities aye....... :P

So in terms of delivery, awesome! Left Germany Thur morning our time, arrived Sydney (via the US) late Sat, cleared customs late Sun, delivered in Canberra Mon afternoon. Def can't complain with that service. UPS still say Thur delivery, maybe Wed on their tracking site :lol:.

Packaging - Rear wheel skewer had pierced the cardboard box but no damage. Everything else was well secure with cardboard holders/padding around vulnerable sections. Nice little foam blokes they use with velcro ties (see picture) to keep everything snug. Bike was super quick to put together; untie everything, seat in, wheel in, unwrap bars and secure. I'll do a full bolt check, align the bars properly, remove reflectors & dork disc when I take the bike out to the workshop. Checked over the frame, pristine condition :).

Nice little box of accessories which include a shock pump, torque wrench with about 5 fittings, small sachet of lube, brick of a bike manual plus all the individual components paperwork (fork manual, shimano instructions etc).

Will add some further thoughts on the whole process after a few rides :)

herzog

Postby herzog » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Did it come in GST prepaid, or did you have to pay UPS to release it?