Buying a Canyon

NGtim

Re: Buying a Canyon

Postby NGtim » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:43 am

Crawf wrote:FWIW, I ordered just before they started selling to Australia.
I requested what length and width I wanted for the H11 bar and got it.
However I purchased a frameset not full bike.
A lot easier to swap and change bars if the bike hasn't been built up with groupset/bar tape already as are the complete bikes. :)

Have had to follow up my Canyon order today as payment for the bike was pending for quite some time and now has disappeared all together. I know they charge once it's ready to be shipped but having the payment disappear could be an issue! Used online chat to start the inquiry as I've found that to be the fastest way to speak to someone at Canyon AUS. Adrian has been pretty good in answering any questions I had. Hopefully it's solved quickly and can expect something back soon.

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:10 am

Canyon were at ATEC in Sydney this is a short interview with Darryl.

Cycling is in my BNA

Adrian_Canyon

Postby Adrian_Canyon » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:51 pm

pagey wrote:
benbutton wrote:
pagey wrote:I received my Ultimate SLX 8.0 di2 3 weeks early. I also ordered the H11 bars to replace the standard ones
Hey Pagey
I have been interested in an Ultimate for a while. Couple of questions-
1. What is cost of Aerocockpit when purchased separately? How did you get it, I can't see it listed separately?
2. Did you think about getting the H36 rather than H11, which I thought was the aerocockpit for the Aeroad bike?
3. Most importantly, how is the bike? :)
Cheers
1. The cost was $230 and you order it buy contacting them via the website
2. They only offered me the H11
3. I wish I new. I am currently in LA and the bike is siting at home in its box. I get home this weekend so will take it for a run then
Just want to highlight that the $230 charge for the H11 was a mistake by Canyon Germany (you got the bargin of the century). The correct price for this cockpit is currently just under $900 when you are upgrading from a standard bar/stem combo. Regards Adrian - Canyon Australia

NGtim

Postby NGtim » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:01 am

I have just received a shipping notification from Canyon. The Aeroad CF SLX is expected to be delivered on Monday!! :o :D

Stay tuned for pics and thoughts! All up it was about a one month wait from Order to delivery. And that is for a bike that is supposedly 'Instock' as per their website/systems. I wasn't in any rush so wasn't too concerned. Also they only charge the amount when they post so it's not like you are out of pocket for that month or anything like that.

Have been very happy with the support provided by Adrian and the team in Melbourne with answering any types of questions.

Henry H

Postby Henry H » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:20 pm

Great stuff,

I received mine a few weeks back and love it,
Enjoy :D

NGtim

Postby NGtim » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:20 pm

Arrival.

Open.

Out of Box.

Toptube

Downtube & Bottle Cages (Lightweight)

Mavic Cosmic Carbon Pro Exalith WTS wheelset off for sale as I'm not a big Mavic fan.

As she sits now.

First impressions very stiff yet compliant! Fast and and lively when putting down the watts! Still have lots of tweaking to do and familiarising myself with the geometry and handling. Enjoy the pics.

Thanks

piledhigher

Postby piledhigher » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:53 pm

NGtim wrote:Image

Arrival.
Not sure about the cushions lined up like soldiers in straight rows, Say What is the 'duck' thing in the corner and the giant box of a tv...

Also is there a single bolt on a canyon that requires that pile of open spanners?

Bluejay87

Postby Bluejay87 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:59 pm

Vaguely in the market for a TT bike and the new Canyon speedmax CF seems a reasonable offer, starting at $3,199 for 105

https://www.canyon.com/en-au/triathlon/speedmax/

Any opinions?

tomee

Postby tomee » Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:26 pm

recently ordered a mtb from Canyon.
Took 6 days from ordering to arriving on my doorstep.

petie

Postby petie » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:43 am

Is there something I'm missing about Canyon? From an MTB perspective at least, they aren't actually cheap compared to whats available in store, and when you drop in a 200 euro shipping charge they actually end up more expensive than similar in store options....?

AUbicycles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby AUbicycles » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:43 am

petie, at facevalue the comparative value from Canyon Bikes has changed. They are a brand in high demand and I think you are right - they have gone through a shift from being a decidedly cheaper bike for the same spec and quality to a competitively priced brand.

I am curious whether this changes once you delve into the specs and do some detailed comparisons with other brands - it it possible that other brands have also become more competitive.

For consumers - Canyon no longer appears as a brand where you save because they cut out the middleman.
Cycling is in my BNA

petie

Postby petie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:27 pm

I feel like the power is shifting strongly away from in store purchasing with so many online options like Reid, Cell, bicycles online and right up to canyon. Maybe stores are more willing to do deals because they are acutely aware of this power shift?

Anyway, the thing that most amazes me about Canyon is the delivery times. Pay the same/more and you still have to wait weeks, if not months, in most cases!

Sixeshigh

Postby Sixeshigh » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:57 pm

Can you buy the integrated bars separately?

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:31 pm

Are there any other carbon endurance bikes that can compete with the Canyon Endurance CF 9.0 in the same or similar price bracket?

$3491 including shipping
Full carbon frame and full carbon fork
Full Ultegra everything with 50/34 and 11/32
Rim brakes (I'd use my alloy disc bike for winter commuting)
DT Swiss RR21 DiCut wheels
Continental GP4000S II tyres
7.0kg without pedals

I’ve only just got my first road bike (alloy) and I love it, and of course I’m already planning the NEXT bike I’ll buy, and am thinking that the spec for the money would be hard to beat? Especially as wheels and tyres are the main things people want to upgrade, and the DT Swiss/Conti combo seem pretty darn good?
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

Velt

Postby Velt » Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:00 pm

You can usually get a defy advanced pro for a similar price (especially last years model) I got my pro 0 for less than that.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:40 am

Velt wrote:You can usually get a defy advanced pro for a similar price (especially last years model) I got my pro 0 for less than that.
How would the Giant SLR wheels compare to the DT Swiss?
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

NGtim

Postby NGtim » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:24 pm

Sixeshigh wrote:Can you buy the integrated bars separately?
Been quoted by Canyon guys some ridiculous price $800 AUD +

Bluejay87

Postby Bluejay87 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:35 am

Anyone know how to figure out the battery level with the updated iOS app now?

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:57 am

Bluejay87 wrote:Anyone know how to figure out the battery level with the updated iOS app now?
For what? Di2?

Bluejay87

Postby Bluejay87 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:03 pm

posted in the wrong thread sorry. Thought I deleted that comment, but obviously not. Sorry!

fallensky

Postby fallensky » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:56 pm

I was hoping for some input from anyone that has received a Canyon recently. My question being, how long did it take to deliver the bike once the it was received in Australia by UPS?

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:18 am

fallensky wrote:I was hoping for some input from anyone that has received a Canyon recently. My question being, how long did it take to deliver the bike once the it was received in Australia by UPS?
I think if it's a model and frame size that's in stock in their warehouse/factory, you can receive it within a week. But then there are members who waited 3 months+ because the particular model they ordered was out of stock or waiting on parts etc.

What model are you looking at?

GJM

Postby GJM » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:25 am

Mububban wrote:
fallensky wrote:I was hoping for some input from anyone that has received a Canyon recently. My question being, how long did it take to deliver the bike once the it was received in Australia by UPS?
I think if it's a model and frame size that's in stock in their warehouse/factory, you can receive it within a week. But then there are members who waited 3 months+ because the particular model they ordered was out of stock or waiting on parts etc.

+1.

Mate of mine ordered on a Tuesday and, unbelievably, had it delivered on the Friday. He got lucky. If it's in stock and all ready to go then delivery can be super fast. If it's not, it can take months.

ironhanglider

Postby ironhanglider » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:41 pm

GJM wrote:
Mububban wrote:

+1.

Mate of mine ordered on a Tuesday and, unbelievably, had it delivered on the Friday. He got lucky. If it's in stock and all ready to go then delivery can be super fast. If it's not, it can take months.
I haven't looked because I'm not in the market for a new bike. But is there any way of telling what they have in stock? What if a person is prepared to compromise, or extend themselves to suit what they have available?

Cheers,

Cameron

NGtim

Postby NGtim » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:36 pm

Browse the current available selection via this link: https://www.canyon.com/en-au/shop/expressbikes/

They will list what they have in stock i.e. size, model and etc.
Whatever is listed generally can be shipped from the warehouse out to the buyer pretty quickly.

Saying that mine was on that list but did take almost 2 months, however mine was heavily discounted and sold out very quickly.

On another note, my Canyon Aeroad has been victim to creaking for the past few hundred km's. Got in touch with Adrian via the online chat and they have advised to pop it by their workshop in Keysborough for them to have a look. Possibly refit/relube bottom bracket. Great service from the team at Canyon.