Buying a Canyon

Paul B

Re: Buying a Canyon

Postby Paul B » Mon May 08, 2017 4:10 pm

Mububban wrote:
Paul B wrote:
....the Ultimate CF 8.0 Di2 which I ordered.....
Niiiiiice.

Did you go the blue or the black?

The black.. well it's Asphalt Grey to be more accurate. Was tempted by the blue... Went for the safe option 8)

mat.noslen

Postby mat.noslen » Tue May 09, 2017 11:13 am

New to this forum here, first post. Just letting everyone know that I've ordered the Canyon Aeroad SLX Disc 8.0 Di2 last Wednesday. I've been checking the Order Tracking page every hour since then :cry: Keep you all posted on the delivery.

By the way, the Canyon Australia folks were excellent on web chat and the phone - very happy with their support so far.

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Tue May 09, 2017 3:12 pm

mat.noslen wrote:New to this forum here, first post. Just letting everyone know that I've ordered the Canyon Aeroad SLX Disc 8.0 Di2 last Wednesday. I've been checking the Order Tracking page every hour since then :cry: Keep you all posted on the delivery.
You placed your order about the same time I placed mine. Perhaps we could take shifts in monitoring the order status... That way we can cover it 24/7 :P

Arbuckle23

Postby Arbuckle23 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:19 pm

Having nearly gone the Canyon route, I am keen to see how long the deliveries take.
Were they "in stock"?

mat.noslen

Postby mat.noslen » Tue May 09, 2017 3:24 pm

Yes, my model was listed as in stock at the time of purchase.

mat.noslen

Postby mat.noslen » Tue May 09, 2017 3:26 pm

Paul B wrote:
mat.noslen wrote:New to this forum here, first post. Just letting everyone know that I've ordered the Canyon Aeroad SLX Disc 8.0 Di2 last Wednesday. I've been checking the Order Tracking page every hour since then :cry: Keep you all posted on the delivery.
You placed your order about the same time I placed mine. Perhaps we could take shifts in monitoring the order status... That way we can cover it 24/7 :P
Unless one of us gets it earlier than the other... :D :x

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Tue May 09, 2017 3:39 pm

Arbuckle23 wrote:Having nearly gone the Canyon route, I am keen to see how long the deliveries take.
Were they "in stock"?
Yea mine is listed as "in stock" and slated to leave the factory 22-26 May.

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Fri May 12, 2017 3:29 pm

Done. The bike has left Canyon and is on it's way to OZ. One week from time of ordering... quick !!

mat.noslen

Postby mat.noslen » Mon May 15, 2017 2:12 pm

I called Canyon this morning, mine hasn't left yet...

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Tue May 16, 2017 11:47 am

mat.noslen wrote:I called Canyon this morning, mine hasn't left yet...
Well mine left 5 days ago but has been sitting in Frankfurt the entire time due to missing paperwork. A bit more attention to detail and I would probably be taking delivery about now.

st27

Postby st27 » Wed May 17, 2017 10:08 am

New member in the forum! Just wondering for those member who has seen a Canyon sale, what percentage would the sales be at 10%? 20% off? I am currently in the market for 1, should I wait for the next sale or have I missed the boat for the year?

Thanks! ST

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Wed May 17, 2017 1:34 pm

st27 wrote:New member in the forum! Just wondering for those member who has seen a Canyon sale, what percentage would the sales be at 10%? 20% off? I am currently in the market for 1, should I wait for the next sale or have I missed the boat for the year?

Thanks! ST
Usually, like clothing sales, they're trying to get rid of their 2XL or XXXS stock. Discounts are usually 5-10%, but on some models you might score 20-30% off a bike that costs $5000 or more. Check this one out, great if you are a pro basketball player:

The more you spend, the more you save! :D
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Wed May 17, 2017 8:06 pm

So cost of bike charged to my CC on May 11. Order despatched. Advised by UPS on the 12th that the required paperwork was missing. I'm getting a little impatient but at the end of the day I know that Canyon will ultimately come through and I'll be stoked with the bike. It's just difficult to deal with when you have no clue as to what is going on.

mat.noslen

Postby mat.noslen » Mon May 22, 2017 1:53 pm

My bike has been delayed until June :(

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Mon May 22, 2017 2:18 pm

mat.noslen wrote:My bike has been delayed until June :(
June is very close... anticipation is part of the buzz. Which size and model ??

My machine is due for delivery tomorrow :P I got a little fazed when it seemed to be lost after leaving the factory (paperwork was missing apparently). Adrian at Canyon was helpful when I was chasing the location of my bike... though even he probably didn't know the missing documentation was going to delay proceedings by a week!!! 6K on my CC and nobody had a clue as to where it was at. Stressful.
Despite that, the process was super quick and it is still arriving ahead of the original estimated date.
It's a big deal buying a bike you have never tried. The Canyon sizing system was useful and it showed me to be an XS... However, in looking at the geometry of the Canyon and comparing it to my BMC which I had been gone through a bike fit process prior to purchase, the nearest size to the BMC was the S. So I went with that.

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Thu May 25, 2017 7:22 pm

The Canyon is awesome. I have 2 other bikes including a CAAD10 & BMC RM01 with mechanical Dura Ace.
The BMC is a top ride. It is fantastic on the flat and even better on hills. Rode my new Canyon on a 60km coffee shop ride yesterday... verdict?? Blown away at how stiff and responsive it is. Noticeably better performer than my BMC. Love the Di2.
Considering the huge choice of great bikes on offer... I'm definitely more than happy that I went with the Canyon.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Fri May 26, 2017 11:51 am

Paul B wrote:The Canyon is awesome. I have 2 other bikes including a CAAD10 & BMC RM01 with mechanical Dura Ace.
The BMC is a top ride. It is fantastic on the flat and even better on hills. Rode my new Canyon on a 60km coffee shop ride yesterday... verdict?? Blown away at how stiff and responsive it is. Noticeably better performer than my BMC. Love the Di2.
Considering the huge choice of great bikes on offer... I'm definitely more than happy that I went with the Canyon.
Pictures!!!

I got passed by a chap on a black Canyon Ultimate yesterday on the ride home. Caught up with him at the traffic lights and complemented him on his bike. He said he'd come from a Giant Propel and he thought the Ultimate was awesome.
When you are driving your car, you are not stuck IN traffic - you ARE the traffic!!!

st27

Postby st27 » Sat May 27, 2017 11:17 pm

Paul B wrote: I'm definitely more than happy that I went with the Canyon.
Hi Paul, which Canyon did you get?

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Sat May 27, 2017 11:20 pm

st27 wrote:
Paul B wrote: I'm definitely more than happy that I went with the Canyon.
Hi Paul, which Canyon did you get?

Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 Di2.

Mububban

Postby Mububban » Mon May 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Paul B wrote: Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 Di2.
*drool*

Is this your first di2 bike? Would you say it's worth the expense over mechanical?

One day, I'll be that guy you sail past, riding super slow on a really nice bike and wondering "Why the hell did he buy such a nice bike if he's so cr@p at riding?" But it shall be my Precious.... :mrgreen:

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Mon May 29, 2017 4:34 pm

Mububban wrote:
Paul B wrote: Ultimate CF SLX 8.0 Di2.
*drool*

Is this your first di2 bike? Would you say it's worth the expense over mechanical?

One day, I'll be that guy you sail past, riding super slow on a really nice bike and wondering "Why the hell did he buy such a nice bike if he's so cr@p at riding?" But it shall be my Precious.... :mrgreen:
Yea I reckon that Di2 is worth the bucks. I resisted for ages and wasn't really interested. But like most people who try it... well, there's no going back to mechanical. Except of course when I ride my other bikes :D
And yea.. the Canyon is definitely drool worthy :mrgreen:

Popa

Postby Popa » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:03 pm

Hey folks. I'm seriously considering buying a Canyon. Ultimate CF 7.0. My only uncertainty comes from not being able to test ride it first for fit. I'd love to hear about other experiences using the Canyon sizing process and then getting the bike to fit once you get it. Did it work well?

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Popa wrote:Hey folks. I'm seriously considering buying a Canyon. Ultimate CF 7.0. My only uncertainty comes from not being able to test ride it first for fit. I'd love to hear about other experiences using the Canyon sizing process and then getting the bike to fit once you get it. Did it work well?
The Canyon sizing system demonstrated that an XS would be the size best suited to me. I compared the geometry to that of the BMC RM01 which I also own and found that actually the S was the closest fit. So I bought the Ultimate CF 8.0 SLX size S.... It is perfect. No doubt the XS would have been fine but I'm very happy with the choice I made. And... as a bonus... The Canyon is a noticeably better performer than my BMC. It just hammers!!

Popa

Postby Popa » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:22 pm

Cheers Paul.

I was an xs in the sizing too. I like the idea of measuring existing bike. Sensible. And great to know it comes out a top fit! I guess they are pretty good at getting it right by now.

Paul B

Postby Paul B » Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:49 pm

Well the whole Canyon experience to date has been all positive. The bike is awesome to ride, it actually exceeded my expectations. And the Canyon after sales service is proving to match the excellence of the product. A misunderstanding on my behalf of the correct procedure in adjusting the top cap resulted in me damaging the part. Got on the phone to Canyon and they immediately sent out a replacement at no charge. To be honest, I would have been happy to pay for it, my main concern was in understanding the correct process. So that explained and the replacement part on the way... pretty happy.
Another good reason to buy a Canyon.
Cheers Canyon... Thanks :D