Which power meter?

RRalphy

Which power meter?

Postby RRalphy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi,

Looking to up the anti with my training and would like to include analysis/measurement of my power output as part of this. I would appreciate it if people could share their thoughts on the various options available. I have listed what I am aware of below but am open to other suggestions /correcting any misconceptions I have.
BTW I will be pairing this with a Garmin Edge 800 so presume the below can pair with the ANT+?

Powertap - pro - it is probably the cheapest option con - is that it makes the wheel heavy which isnt an issue for training but if I wanted to race with it my be a little annoying after I have spent so much time getting the weight down plus I also swap wheels for racing usually
Quarq - no cons afaik although this would mean I would have a surplus crank
Stages - probably what I am leaning towards as a little cheaper than a quarq and means I am only replacing the non driveside crank arm
Garmin Vector pedals - havent heard much positive about these tbh

Cheers for your thoughts

Alex Simmons/RST
Expert

Re: Which power meter?

Postby Alex Simmons/RST » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:05 pm

http://alex-cycle.blogspot.com.au/2013/ ... meter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RRalphy

Re: Which power meter?

Postby RRalphy » Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:37 pm

thanks for that, an interesting read as I hadnt considered the fact the stages is only 1 leg and my left leg is likely to be weaker than my right...