Looking for a bike

vespertine

Looking for a bike

Postby vespertine » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:29 pm

Hi guys,
I am planing to ride from Adelaide to Melbs. Trying to find an affordable and tough bike.. My budget is max $700.
any suggestions?
Cheers :D

rodneycc

Re: Looking for a bike

Postby rodneycc » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:47 pm

Hi Mate, You sound pretty game riding Adel-Melb on a $700 bike. Hope your body is up to it and you have a lot of km's under your belt in preparation! Only thing I can think of is a well tuned Reid Falco or Cell Lapa for that money or possibly a BH. If it was me though think I would cough up an extra $400 for the sake of my body and go one of those new carbon Cell Akuna's for a smoother ride. I think I'd be sticking 25c or 28c tyres on whatever I ride to take out the vibration. You will need to have a really good test ride and fit and make sure its ultra comfortable for you (you don't want to do a knee in the first 50kms!)

Anyway hope you have a good support crew with you. Good luck.
Cheers, Rod

PS - I just realized you are probably in Adel and don't have a Cell or Reid store handy. In this case I'd look at a good Giant Defy pref a Tiagra or 105 model. You may even need to look secondhand as I can't see $700 stretching to a decent new bike for that money.
2013 BMC TM SLR01;2013/14 Bianchi Inf CV
2013 Lynskey Helix;2013 XACD Ti Di2
2013 Giant TCR Adv SL1;2014 Giant Defy Adv SL