Planet X mistake - Sent wrong item

Top_Bhoy

Re: Planet X mistake - Sent wrong item

Postby Top_Bhoy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:55 pm

marc2131 wrote:Issue was finally resolved.
Paid with credit card so bank refused to honour payment. After a long silence Planet X UK decided to reimburse my $45 postage costs (sending back item, due to their mistake).
Got the coorect item about 2 months later, with no apology, no acknowledgement a mistake had been done, not even a coupon for the rigmarole they put me through.
That is the last time I am ever using Planet X (UK) for any purchase. They are incompetent and worse still, dishonest and callous.
It's strange how situations can work out differently for different people because I can't sing the praises of Planet-X high enough. Just before Xmas I bought a track frameset in a Planet-X online sale which had a very reasonable freight charge and it arrived via DHL, 3 days later. If I was to give an opinion on my sales experience of using them it would be 'excellent service at great price'.

Now Probikekit.......my experiences there are almost as 'good' as yours is with Planet-X :D .

rifraf

Postby rifraf » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:53 pm

I won't ever go near these guys again with a barge pole.
They advertised Gilles Berthoud fenders at I think 60mm wide.
They sent what were from memory 40's or maybe 45's.
What ever they were never going to cover my 50mm tires.
After repeated emails and phone calls I finally managed to get my money back but.....
and its a huge but,
Despite more repeated phone calls and emails, months later they were still advertising the 60mm fenders.
They only had the 40's and had never stocked the 60's.
Thats what miffed me the most.
Months after my issue anyone else who was expecting 60mm fenders was going to receive 40mm's.

Never will deal with them again as the stress over the whole matter was incredible.
Yeah they initially wanted me to post back the fenders.
I got them a quote for registered mail so that it could be proven that I'd posted them and the quote from WA was wild and much more than the price of the fenders and postage from the UK.
They acknowledged that if the mail wasn't registered/insured that if they went missing I'd receive nothing.
It went backwards and forwards until I was lucky enough to get someone sick of talking to me to actioned a refund without wanting the fenders back.
Financially it was a small win as I hate to think what all time and repeated phone calls cost me.
I sent them a link to our forum who I said would be keen to see how things panned out.

Edit:
I don't remember which of their stores I dealt with as in if it was Planetx or OnOne
Surly Ogre, Extrawheel trailer.

RonK

Postby RonK » Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:56 am

Top_Bhoy wrote:
marc2131 wrote:Issue was finally resolved.
Paid with credit card so bank refused to honour payment. After a long silence Planet X UK decided to reimburse my $45 postage costs (sending back item, due to their mistake).
Got the coorect item about 2 months later, with no apology, no acknowledgement a mistake had been done, not even a coupon for the rigmarole they put me through.
That is the last time I am ever using Planet X (UK) for any purchase. They are incompetent and worse still, dishonest and callous.
It's strange how situations can work out differently for different people because I can't sing the praises of Planet-X high enough. Just before Xmas I bought a track frameset in a Planet-X online sale which had a very reasonable freight charge and it arrived via DHL, 3 days later. If I was to give an opinion on my sales experience of using them it would be 'excellent service at great price'.

Now Probikekit.......my experiences there are almost as 'good' as yours is with Planet-X :D .
Too right - I've had good service on my purchases from them, and I have nothing but the highest praise for the support Planet X provided when I needed a warranty claim done recently.
Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...