Decent front light

fergy1987

Decent front light

Postby fergy1987 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:11 am

Hi,

I am looking for a decent front light and after some suggestions.
I want something that lights up enough so I can be seen, but if there was a light in my budget that allowed me to see a bit in front of me that would be good too as occassionaly i get stuck on a bike path that isnt lit.
I currently have just a cheapo I got from anaconda which doesnt seem to light up much and has been turning off and on lately.
Would prefer something rechargeable.
Something with long battery life.
Not too bulky (no external battery packs etc)
Budget of around $50
Would consider something that came in a front and rear package if they were good lights

Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers

rangersac

Re: Decent front light

Postby rangersac » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:29 am

Cateye Volt 300 is my recommendation. 11 hour battery life on hyperflash mode (constant low beam with high beam pulse in it) which is great for being seen. The high beam mode will get you home through the darkest nights, I commute on unlit sections of road and this pumps out enough light for me to be confident up to 50kph. Easy, fast and flexible mount, reliable (12 months on mine, no issue), and has a replaceable battery which is what will die well before the LED gives up the ghost.
De Rosa Macro | Intense Primer | Wayward Cape York | Cotic Rocket

grimbo

Re: Decent front light

Postby grimbo » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:48 pm

I've had good reliability and performance from cygolight, which Cell Bikes sell. This combo is possibly in your price range? http://www.this link is broken/Cygolite-Co ... -SL-2W_801
"If I can bicycle, I bicycle" ~David Attenborough