How to get a Raleigh Tamland 2 to Australia?

cdog

How to get a Raleigh Tamland 2 to Australia?

Postby cdog » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:06 pm

Hey all,

Im trying to source a Raleigh Tamland 2. I am aware that the UK arm of raleigh call this model the Maverick with slightly different specs, but i would rather the USA version, which is called the Tamland 2. The Raleigh importer for Australia do not and will not import this model. I just spoke to them on the telephone. As far as i'm aware, most if not all Raleigh dealers in the USA are not permitted to sell and ship Raleigh bikes overseas. This Tamland 2 is exactly what i'm after and so i'm fairly well devoed i don't seem to be able to get my hands on one.

Does anyone have a solution, ideas or a contact who might be able to help? Would be much appreciated.

cheers :)

cam.

Espresso_

Re: How to get a Raleigh Tamland 2 to Australia?

Postby Espresso_ » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:44 am

I don't have a solution but I bet you'll find a way if you're keen enough. For example having someone buy it for you in the US and ship it here.

However, I'd wager that by the time you've managed to get it here it will likely be more costly than other bikes which you might like too.

I'd be keen to track your progress.

E

jasonc

Postby jasonc » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:01 am

what about
http://www.volagi.com/shop/steel-ultegra-11-speed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rkelsen

Postby rkelsen » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:06 am

Or Kona Rove

Or Masi CX Comp

Or ...

Blakeylonger

Postby Blakeylonger » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:16 am

shipito.com / myus.com.

budget $300-600 for shipping, plus customs duty.

Or go for a holiday and bring it back with you, "used".

cdog

Postby cdog » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:40 am

thanks for the replies all.

would like to keep the final cost to under 3 grand.

the kona rove is a contender, as is the surly straggler or cross check frames with an ultegra build.

the tamland is still my fav, so i'll continue with my hunt for that.

Espresso_

Postby Espresso_ » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:56 pm

What about something like an All City Macho Man disc, or a Genesis Croix de Fer? The Surly Straggler mentioned is another good option, also maybe consider an Specialized AWOL or a Soma Wolverine. AWOL not available frame only, but the others are very easily available in Australia as frame only.

I'd wager that you could build any of those up to a Tamland 2 spec or better - including having it fit you right from the start by choosing the stem, crank length, saddle, bars etc of your choice - for less than 3k.

3k buys you a lot of bike in this category. At the very least, you should expect a bike that fits you pretty darn well for that money and buying from overseas might make that a tad difficult if there are none here to test ride.

E