New Shoes

baldy1975

New Shoes

Postby baldy1975 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:25 pm

Hi guys, looking at upgrading to new some new shoes. Ive just purchased a new Sworks and im looking at either sworks or Bont I have wider feet and at the moment my shimano's are hurting my feet after longer rides. Thanks in advance

Adam

bianchi928

Re: New Shoes

Postby bianchi928 » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:41 pm

I like the Bontragers as they are a little wider.
Stand on my dog I cut off your head

Dirty32

Postby Dirty32 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:21 am

Im trying hard not to be (my current shoes are absolutely fine for pleeeeenty more km's!), but I am close to finding myself in a similar situation and also have wider feet. Id also consider the S-Works, Bont, and I think the Fizik R1's look absolutely great, although I dont know how they'd go for a wider foot.

I typically ride in Northwave and they seem to fit well for those with wide feet.
I hear good things about Sidi, but typically they seem a narrow fit (similar to their Motorcycling boots).

You also realise that (depending on the level of your current model) Shimano can do that heat / customised fitting thing with their shoes?
Might find that you can pad them out a little bit to give you a little bit more room...

Let us know how you go!

slowK

Postby slowK » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:49 am

Check out Lakes too. Even their standard fit shoes that I tried on were more comfy than my wide fit Shimanos.

mogwaiboi

Postby mogwaiboi » Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:56 pm

I've got wide feet and the newer Specialized Expert Shoes (although not SWorks) hurt my feet so I got rid of them. I got a pair of Giro Factor ACC as I happened to try them on whilst originally planning to buy the Lakes. The Giro's felt super comfy straight away, and for $250 delivered from Bike Bug, they are much better value than the Specialized shoes in my opinion. They hurt my feet a bit on the first few rides, but they are starting to get more comfortable after each ride now and I also stuffed some wet newspaper in them over a few days to try and speed up the stretching process. They also come in a wide version but AFAIK not available to buy locally.
Avoiding pissed of bogans in SUV's...

open roader

Postby open roader » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:13 pm

Sidi Mega fit is properly wide.

I have a freind with wide surfer's feet and bunyons fit comfortably into Sidi Mega with enough room for a cushioned running sock.
3rd class cycling is always better than 1st class walking

moosterbounce

Postby moosterbounce » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:58 pm

I use DMT shoes. Slightly wider in the toe box than spesh (but if u want a pair of 41 SWorks let me know!!).

Baalzamon

Postby Baalzamon » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:37 am

open roader wrote:Sidi Mega fit is properly wide.

I have a freind with wide surfer's feet and bunyons fit comfortably into Sidi Mega with enough room for a cushioned running sock.
+1
Masi Speciale CX 2008 - Brooks B17 special saddle, Garmin Edge 810

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:23 pm

baldy1975 wrote:Hi guys, looking at upgrading to new some new shoes. Ive just purchased a new Sworks and im looking at either sworks or Bont I have wider feet and at the moment my shimano's are hurting my feet after longer rides. Thanks in advance

Adam
Shimano are already considered a fairly wide shoe in their standard models.

I wouldn't buy a new set without trying them on. Probably best to find a shop who stocks multiple brands so you can find the right shoe. If you can't get a good fit, don't purchase as nothing worse than ill fitting shoes.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"