rkelsen

Re: Ssshhhh...Dont tell the wife but I just bought another b

Postby rkelsen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Man up. The truth will set you free.

Summernight

Postby Summernight » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:06 pm

Calvin27 wrote:
queequeg wrote:Diamonds are a scam anyway. Thanks De Beers!
Yeah. I only got one mandatory diamond. I told the other half if she wants jewellery, it's 24K gold, platinum or nothing. Then proceeded to make her watch blood diamond (she did) then another diamond documentary (she fell asleep).

I'm perfectly happy with man-made diamonds as well. Or other gemstones that are less bloody. :lol:
queequeg wrote:
moosterbounce wrote:As a chick, I can tell you the only way you'll get out of this.

Diamonds. Buy diamonds. Big ones. ;)
My wife keeps asking for an eternity ring. So told her it is called that because this is how long she had to wait before receiving one.
I was smart. I integrated purchasing my eternity ring with purchasing my engagement and wedding bands... Ahhh, the beauty of custom made designs. He should be thanking me for my brilliance. Harharhar :mrgreen:

Of course, I don't hide purchases from him. He just shakes his head when I bring home another dress/item of sports clothing. The one thing I want that he has (sort of) put his foot down on is a Tesla Model S. Of course, I can't afford that car anyway, but he's given me a 'goal' - I can only buy the car after paying for the wedding and buying a house!

You will be mine someday, O' Beauteous Tesla! (It's that or a Ferrari)

tron07

Postby tron07 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:36 pm

queequeg wrote:
moosterbounce wrote:As a chick, I can tell you the only way you'll get out of this.

Diamonds. Buy diamonds. Big ones. ;)
My wife keeps asking for an eternity ring. So told her it is called that because this is how long she had to wait before receiving one.

Diamonds are a scam anyway. Thanks De Beers!

Get her a moissanite... its better and more sparklier then a diamond and a lot cheaper.

Calvin27

Postby Calvin27 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Summernight wrote:The one thing I want that he has (sort of) put his foot down on is a Tesla Model S.
Go halves? Drove one in US and want one so badly. FYI I've only ever bought 2 door silver coupe cars ever. She'd never know if it was silver...
Heavy road bike
Cushy dirt bike
Very cushy dirt bike
Bike crushed by car (RIP)
No brakes bike
Ebike

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:35 pm

I have quite a number of married mates in the same situation. Try these ideas....
First guy told his wife that he has "borrowed" the bike off a guy at the club who does not use it much. Its sort of a permanent loan.
Second guy told the wife that his mate asked to leave his bike at his house as he has no room for it. He doesn't mind who rides it.
Third guy simply bought a similar coloured bike and the wife never noticed.

PS Im not married

nailsaslegs

Postby nailsaslegs » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Have enough bikes that she wont notice another one sitting in the bike room....same goes for wheels as well and other bits.....

Derny you may have noticed this ;)

Derny Driver

Postby Derny Driver » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:41 pm

nailsaslegs wrote:Have enough bikes that she wont notice another one sitting in the bike room....same goes for wheels as well and other bits.....

yes nails you have your fair share of gear ...
But you have the best wife a cyclist could wish for.
You have NO problems.

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:56 pm

nailsaslegs wrote:Have enough bikes that she wont notice another one sitting in the bike room....same goes for wheels as well and other bits.....

She doesn't notice anyhow...Its the kids that dob me in....the youngest picked up that I had new socks once...I had to bring a wheelset home 2 weeks ago...it was a simple plan...my daughters have gymnastics on a Friday night so I take a taxi from the airport to Gymnastics...throw my bag and wheelset in the car and go watch them train...then when home and the coast is clear move the wheels to the garage....of course that day Qantas were very early...first time this year...and I got to gymnastics before them...the first thing the kids said was "whats in the box dad?"...busted in the custard
“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

Tim

Postby Tim » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:20 am

cancan64 wrote:...Its the kids that dob me in...
My brother has the same problem. He quietly parked a new Giant Defy with all the disc brake bells and whistles in the garage recently.
The eleven year old daughter still lives in fairy and flower land and didn't notice a thing. The nine year old is as sharp as a tack and spotted it instantly.
He had to buy her silence with a new bike.
Blackmailed by a nine year old.
And Mum found out anyway.
Mum is now looking at new cars.

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:51 am

I bought a new bike for my son, 24" MTB eBay special way before his birthday. It was in the garage for ages behind the other bikes. No one noticed for ages, until one day there were a heap of kids over and they all decided to get bikes out and found an extra.

'Concealed' in the bike jungle is the way to go.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

mitchy_

Postby mitchy_ » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:55 am

what i'm taking from this is more bikes, less kids. :lol:

bychosis

Postby bychosis » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:07 am

Although having kids bikes in The storage area does add to the jungle effect. Having said that, no kids = bedrooms for bikes.
bychosis (bahy-koh-sis): A mental disorder of delusions indicating impaired contact with a reality of no bicycles.

Calvin27

Postby Calvin27 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:49 pm

I have 95% of a bike in my wardrobe. It looks like a pile of parts. Every time orders come through the other half is wondering why they send such a huge box for a little piece that is only $10.

I blab on about six sigma and how it's more efficient to rationalise box sizes and at the same time do something she dislikes like drink coke straight out the bottle. The combination of attention span boredom and distraction usually does the trick.
Heavy road bike
Cushy dirt bike
Very cushy dirt bike
Bike crushed by car (RIP)
No brakes bike
Ebike

darkelf921

Postby darkelf921 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:19 pm

Mate, I've seen how dirty your bikes get. Just leave them dirty and no one will notice :-)
My YouTube http://goo.gl/UlJrkN Channel

yugyug

Ssshhhh...Dont tell the wife but I just bought another bike

Postby yugyug » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:12 pm

Calvin27 wrote:
I blab on about six sigma and how it's more efficient to rationalise box sizes and at the same time do something she dislikes like drink coke straight out the bottle. The combination of attention span boredom and distraction usually does the trick.
Hahaha. Cunning :)

nailsaslegs

Postby nailsaslegs » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:01 pm

Derny Driver wrote:

yes nails you have your fair share of gear ...
But you have the best wife a cyclist could wish for.
You have NO problems.
I am reaching N+1 with the new TIME though. She did agree to 1 bike a year though and selling bikes is absolutely prohibited. The MTB may have exceeded our marriage though even I will say that.....very rarely used.

cancan64

Postby cancan64 » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Picked the bike up today.... what ever pain is coming will be well worth it

“Some say he isn’t machine washable, and all his potted plants are called ‘Steve’.

Bentnose

Postby Bentnose » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:06 pm

You need to man up, I bought a new road frame a few weeks ago and when the wife got home it was snuggled up in our bed having a snooze.
No signature