Please suggest what wheels would make a nice upgrade?

denwol

Re: Please suggest what wheels would make a nice upgrade?

Postby denwol » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:18 am

Thanks for the pro-lite suggestions. Been looking at these with interest, both new and second hand (Mulger Bill). Feel that I should wait until after the christmas season to see how the weight loss (or gain) maybe before committing to these wheels. Veloflex on order though:)

jacks1071

Postby jacks1071 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:02 am

Just so you're aware we are comfortable with up to 110kg on the Bracciano A42 at this time.
Our Website is: http://www.kotavelo.com.au" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Find us on Facebook by searching for "Kotavelo"

usernameforme

Postby usernameforme » Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:01 pm

further FYI: Think the weight limit on the fulcrums is 90kg, so may not work. Would also be fairly cautious of the c24s as I think they'd have a similar weight limit.

You're current wheels are very nice IMO, a tad heavy but the rims are wide, providing a better profile for the tyres. 105 hubs will spin forever, and like the rims they're quality, ableit a little heavy. If you've not had any issues with them I'd recommend getting a set of White Industries hubs or Ultegra hubs laced to Pacenti SL23 rims, with a similar spoke count (depending on your weight loss/gain). These wheels will be a tad lighter (depending on the final spoke count you chose) so they'll feel a bit more "spirited" when you try to accelerate (Disclaimer: some will argue this is a placebo). The White Industries hubs are also avaliable in cool colours to match your frame.

Compared to a set of Fulcrum Racing 5s, I'd actually say your current wheels are better; they're wider and should be more durable. The 2015 Racing 5s will be a similar width, so would be a similar wheel.

DJIntegr8

Postby DJIntegr8 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:10 pm

Derny Driver wrote:
DJIntegr8 wrote:
Whats that little round thing on the valve stem?
It's a rim counterweight.

Brendan