CBoardman

CycleRubyCycle

CBoardman

Postby CycleRubyCycle » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:48 am

Has anyone got experience with a CBoardman bike?
It seems too good to be true
http://www.boardmanbikes.com/road/air98_Di2.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All this for sub $7000

ianK

Re: CBoardman

Postby ianK » Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:29 pm

I bought a Boardman Air TT 9.8 frameset for my wife and built up a tri bike for her.

Notwithstanding this act of generosity, I think she would leave me before she parts with the bike.

Very nice bike.

thecaptn

Postby thecaptn » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:42 am

I was toying with buying a Boardman bike and did some research, the reviews I read mostly came from England and were all positive. From what I can tell they are more expensive to buy there than here, I assume it's due to the way they are imported and sold in Australia(through a non-bike sports shop chain). Origionally the well specked top end Boardmans were only available through proper bike shops in the UK while the entry level bikes were sold through a chain of sports shops. This same chain shop then bought CBoardman bikes.

They're probably good bikes but I'm not sure about how you'd go with warranty or servicing.

ElizabethA04

Postby ElizabethA04 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:29 am

I love my Boardman (well, it's my first roadie), servicing is no hassle but I just wish someone would say it looks good (qute often they say that about the big brand bikes but not the Boardman). IMO it is well made (and someone has commented on that aspect). Was thinking of getting a Boardman MTB too.

ElizabethA04

Postby ElizabethA04 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:31 am

BTW I think the carbon bikes are on sale at the monent at Amart?

petal665

Postby petal665 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:44 am

Boardmans are a cheap carbon frame being sold using the 'Boardman' name to make them seem more appealing. I'm not sure if he is even still in volved. My team rode them last year and there where lots of small issues with the frame (not being able to remove rear wheel without the cassette hitting the rear stay and taking off paint, etc.). We gave them feedback on those issue and they may have been fixed.

At the time when I rode the Air9.8 I rode nothing else as that was the deal and I thought the bike was OK. Not great, but also not a noddle. Being an aero frame the ride is REALLY harsh. I didn't realise how bad until I got back on my CAAD10 or BH Ultralight this year.

None of us kept our Boardmans, they were all sold off at the first opportunity. :D